Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,533 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? (17757 Views)

Please Rate Me.what Exactly Do You Think Of Me? / Share Your Rag-day Experience / Your Rag Day Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by ifihearam: 6:44pm On Jul 18, 2012
Dr. Wise:

Who awa? Paul I know, silas I know? I am d I am, a wawastic agama lizard who was transformed from animality to humanity on that Day E, Location P . . . Let me punctuate for general peace and tranquility.

@wise
Ur jarasis is not made gbamski,who wawa?which ilya were u made?d devil can quote the Bible but does not make him a christian. Are you an intelligent comrado??
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by Haryoryhemie(f): 6:49pm On Jul 18, 2012
Sorry i dont tink u are educated, i went to UI and i did rag day.
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by Haryoryhemie(f): 6:59pm On Jul 18, 2012
pro01: Rag day still dey exist? Na all these razz schools still dey do that ishh. All through my long years in UI, I never heard about - let alone witnessed - anything like rag day. . . . Maybe I'm wrong but, I guess it's for schools like Agbabiaka Polytechnic Akungba-Okoko and Akpa-Amu College of Education Umunede and so on.
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by Haryoryhemie(f): 7:00pm On Jul 18, 2012
pro01: Rag day still dey exist? Na all these razz schools still dey do that ishh. All through my long years in UI, I never heard about - let alone witnessed - anything like rag day. . . . Maybe I'm wrong but, I guess it's for schools like Agbabiaka Polytechnic Akungba-Okoko and Akpa-Amu College of Education Umunede and so on.
u be idiot oo
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by superior1: 7:07pm On Jul 18, 2012
I think dey only do that in poly,my unilorin no do dat kin nonsense o
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by toyeoye(m): 7:13pm On Jul 18, 2012
funny u said tht.saw some ui peeps all ragged up beggn us to donate weeks bak and we did.im shoked its actually tday.was feelin i did sumfn nice fr d homeless.local scam
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by emekson(m): 7:34pm On Jul 18, 2012
in my days, rag day was more interesting, student tropping out early inda morning. Swaging majesticaly. On 2ocassions, i was able to raise close to #3000. Altho, d aim of it was nt achieve, yet i used d money to buy my sug form whose i contested 4. D remainder was used 4 ijekuje lol!
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by Jarus(m): 8:00pm On Jul 18, 2012
Old-fashioned. Outdated.
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by adonisyung(m): 8:00pm On Jul 18, 2012
piica: we @ ben didnt ragg, greatest uniben
who asked U̶̲̥̅̊ for ƔΦU̶̲̥̅̊r skul?brag
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by oyebanji88(m): 8:13pm On Jul 18, 2012
in my school rag day is always an ''in-skool'' thing usualy during various departmental week at d end of d session...we don't include d money beggin aspect in ours it's just to catch fun on campus and see which worse outfit student can wear as cloth...always intresting to see people with lots of drama in relation to wat dey wear...we aint beggers we only do it to catch fun noni..kwara poly no dey carr y last jooor..ilyadu kwatecho
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by Nosyke(m): 8:21pm On Jul 18, 2012
Who are wa? Dayzes be long!!
ballabriggs: I spent most rag days drinking holy water with fellow entities at iliya du manpower. No time!

Any entity in the house? Walk and never stumble.
the gods are wise
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by Funkadict(m): 8:24pm On Jul 18, 2012
[quote author=Haryoryhemie][/quote]
@pro1 I don't expect you after spending so long a time in the university where you are likely to have been a workshop attendant, to reduce the status of another school.
If you have never heard about ragday, then say it and leave it....
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by Sirmee(m): 8:26pm On Jul 18, 2012
I tire for all diz nairalanders. I ragged during my OND days in yabatech, it was fun. It's nt compulsory u dress in rag, lyk in my case i combine my clothes differently. I'll upload my rag day pix later.
Why most of us don't submit d moni is because d cans ar sold 2 us by d SUG, we xpet d SUG 2 send d cash realised from d sales of d cans 2 d motherless y we kip d 1 we realised on d street.
On one of d occasions i even met wit Jide Kosoko @ maryland in lagos n he gave me N1000...abegi it was fun nt razz as u all ar claimin.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by flow1759: 8:33pm On Jul 18, 2012
ballabriggs: I spent most rag days drinking holy water with fellow entities at iliya du manpower. No time!

entity laka moi, am an entity karid via ilya du lake nwaebere at dat atime, but am an xy karid now. May ur 1st son never resemble ur landlord!!
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by Nosyke(m): 8:43pm On Jul 18, 2012
ifihearam:

@wise
Ur jarasis is not made gbamski,who wawa?which ilya were u made?d devil can quote the Bible but does not make him a christian. Are you an intelligent comrado??
Nwannemus,.seee precaution,apply road safety...walk-stumble..ayam xyz Nosyke..formerly ab Nosyke transgbawed from humanity to sprituality via ilya du kokoromiko on that fateful Day D,Moment M, Time T by ab chefo D' occasion
Happy evelyn to all ayam karid in da house
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by Gen2jaynee: 8:55pm On Jul 18, 2012
Oti O!......Emi ke!...kin wo rag ntoripe ebi pa mi abi kini.......hehehehehehehe,,...well na condition make som students de rag sha....as for me..i follow d lagbaja style....'no matta condition ..fe eyin eeeee...*Big grin*
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:58pm On Jul 18, 2012
All of una wey de form james bond say una no do am its either una skuls no de do rag day or dat shyness no gree make una do am BTW it was fun during my time and I have no regret. @op did u give bk de money u make during rag day at ur time 2 charity ?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by avicky(f): 9:38pm On Jul 18, 2012

Abeg which school be 'iliya du manpower'?
All chiefeses to d gods!
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by flow1759: 9:42pm On Jul 18, 2012
I will neva 4get d day, i used army T shirt 4 rag day and traveling 2 anoda state. So those highway patrol army saw me and told me 2 come down. I did, lucky enof i show dem my baracks ID tel dem say i b baracks pekin, dem just collect d T Shirt, oboy i rag wit only singlet dat day, it was fun sha.
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by flow1759: 9:46pm On Jul 18, 2012
avicky:
Abeg which school be 'iliya du manpower'?
All chiefeses to d gods!
iliya du manpower is FUTO
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by abugbe(m): 9:51pm On Jul 18, 2012
guys must u wear rags or dirty cloths on dat rag day? u ought to be clean and do ur rag day wit neat an clean cloths. Some of u are jus liars wo neva hav the opportunity to part take in dis once in a life time experience. Pls dnt discourage others because u don't it.
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by ucheo: 3:23am On Jul 19, 2012
I did it n it was real fun. Took pix wit friends, boarded a bus filled wit rag students(u boy see yabbing that day). We used our money to drink beer o (all of us na less privelege o). The point is those days rag day is a day to look up to (even b/4 u gain admision) , cos its hard to get admission(not these days). Even d pple u rag, gives u wit respect cos e no easy oo. If u didnt do it may b u attended a glorified secondary sch as university or u r still in primary sch when WAEC dey deal wit us. Wht story do u even have to tell abt ur school days(na pinging?). I tire 4 undergraduate of these days.
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by Rex123(m): 5:40am On Jul 19, 2012
mcqt21: we dnt do rag in uniben,,,,,its 2 old fashioned n worn out kiss

Says who Rag day still holds in uniben tho №† all faculty.
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by shadrach77: 8:10am On Jul 19, 2012

baba nee! walk and never summer sugar, never summer goodie goodie! da6! i remain xy drummito ilya ondo, you are brutally karid! fire me your brutal numenclature cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by Phrankin(m): 8:10am On Jul 19, 2012

Vibrating via iheanutarananti
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by bukatyne(f): 8:54am On Jul 19, 2012
MizEmerald: . And who told u d university in Akungba Akoko has ever done rag day..see ur cockroach infested mouth
did u attend AAUA? leave pro01 alone! he doesn't know wat he's saying!
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by bknight: 9:50am On Jul 19, 2012
slimyem: ...I ragged once in 300L.ugly experience!
See men giving us their numbers instead of money...
The kain shame wey catch me that day eehn...i regret say i comot!..

cheesy grin grin lwkmd!

But really, I don't see y ppl shld attack those dat claim they didn't do d rag day thing. U wouldn't expect dat all nigerian tertiary students do it. For some, it may nt have been forming but jst didn't see gud enough reasons to it. I never even knew it was originally meant for charity, dat may hv even spurred me. It shldnt annoy u dat some didn't do it na

Just give ur own interesting/ugly experiences and we laff over it -jst fun. You're happy u did it, some are happy they didn't, don't sweat it. To each, his own!
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by Cleopatranwa(f): 9:57am On Jul 19, 2012
:: Andrew:::
my babe once went for rag day and came back with 1000 new contacts
of different men. angry angry angry angry angry angry

grin grin
Laf No go quench me o! Chei!
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by poweredcom(m): 10:41am On Jul 19, 2012
Rag day was fun for me I did it and we guys used the money collected to smoke weed and but gin and we were high and I remember one female rag mate gave me kitty to nak haha
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by stepo707: 11:03am On Jul 19, 2012
Those guys is rags are disgusting especially the females. angry
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by nonesense: 12:45pm On Jul 19, 2012
nagoma: Rags? That's what we wear everyday. So....?
Then you must be living in the psychiatric hospital, bro shee na Yba left u dey or Aro for Abeokuta? grin grin
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by nonesense: 12:56pm On Jul 19, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Bwahahahahaha!! cheesy cheesy

Once again. . .somebody pleeeeeeaaaase tell me what Rag Day is and how do they make money from it??
You will walk on the street demonstrating and teeling pple that you are insane, they will surely give u money and direct u to a psychiatric hospital to take care of urself....no dull urself, start ur kolomental now and catch ur dough. grin grin grin grin grin ;DNonesense cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is That Habit You Really Need To Stop Comes 2019? / Surrati Undiluted Perfume Oil: Which Fragrance Is The Best / Send A Shoutout To Nairalanders That Made You Smile This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.