Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,006 members, 7,838,525 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

One In 10 Lagos Drivers Have Valid Driver's Licence - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / One In 10 Lagos Drivers Have Valid Driver's Licence (5621 Views)

Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers / FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence / Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One In 10 Lagos Drivers Have Valid Driver's Licence by faithin9ja: 7:27am On Jul 18, 2012
Next somebody will blame GEJ!!!
We have an entrenched culture of short cuts and indiscipline.
I have said severally on various posts, how many Nigerians under the age of 35 actually PASSSED a driving test before getting the driving license? Most Nigerians think the NORMAL practice is to take some driving lessons, then buy a car and 'buy' a license, most don't even know there is such a thing like driving test.

You see and hear drivers insulting themselves and accusing each other of bad driving and they themselves have no idea about correct driving rules.

We have amongst the highest accidents and death rates on the roads in the world, with our bad roads, bad 'tokunbo' cars and bad roads BUT my people blame witches and wizards, people of the world, jealously, etc when their brother, uncle, that 'only' son dies in a road accident.
Re: One In 10 Lagos Drivers Have Valid Driver's Licence by TexasR: 7:47am On Jul 18, 2012
OK
Re: One In 10 Lagos Drivers Have Valid Driver's Licence by DammyFx: 8:03am On Jul 18, 2012
They Don't Even Have Driver's License At All ... The COST OF ACQUISITION IS MORE THAT WHAT THEY MAKE DAILY.
Re: One In 10 Lagos Drivers Have Valid Driver's Licence by Okijajuju1(m): 8:29am On Jul 18, 2012
afam4eva: I got my first driver's licence without knwing how to drive.

Same here...

Got my license at 16, lied about my age, had never driven before, never been to any driving school, didnt even go to their useless office sef..

85% of Driving Nigerians did not attend driving school...
Re: One In 10 Lagos Drivers Have Valid Driver's Licence by stepo707: 8:34am On Jul 18, 2012
looooon hisssss.Shebi nah money dem want.In Nigeria everything is about money money money.We have to stop that mentality before we can move forward in anything.
Re: One In 10 Lagos Drivers Have Valid Driver's Licence by dipo1: 8:53am On Jul 18, 2012
Who are those who issue the other 90% with fake licenses? The same officials who should issue the originals do. Who is deceiving who?

I have been trying to renew my drivers license since August last year and they only gave me a temporary permit valid for 3 months and I have been renewing that every 3 moths since last year. Now I have to travel and will need a valid drivers license to obtain a license when I get to my travel destination. I am going to do a fake one without a second thought
Re: One In 10 Lagos Drivers Have Valid Driver's Licence by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 18, 2012
crusufixo: Story !! story !! story !!!!!!!!!. na today. Well on a serious note, its true and quite alarming. If they are to go further with their findings, the danfo drivers ( Public transport drivers) are the villains.Those drivers are so reckless on the roads.Something really serious have to be done about them by making sure that they attend driving schools and getting drivers license. I am not excluding private cars/drivers though, cause some of them are also guilty. but then, hey, this is lagos. Well hoping that fashola would look into that too, besides, the house of assembly recently passed some laws as regards to penalties to be melted down on traffic offenders

HOW DO I SUE SOMEONE FOR COPYRIGHT OF USERNAME?
Re: One In 10 Lagos Drivers Have Valid Driver's Licence by Tolulop001(f): 11:29am On Jul 18, 2012
crusifis:

HOW DO I SUE SOMEONE FOR COPYRIGHT OF USERNAME?

grin grin grin his own is waay cooler
Re: One In 10 Lagos Drivers Have Valid Driver's Licence by AjanleKoko: 12:49pm On Jul 18, 2012
Well, why can't the government make the license a straightforward thing to access?
Try applying for the drivers license under the current convoluted regimen undecided
Re: One In 10 Lagos Drivers Have Valid Driver's Licence by fizeul(m): 2:03am On Jul 19, 2012
Erm.. All those baba with valid licence don dey die, and nobody get time to waste for original again.
Re: One In 10 Lagos Drivers Have Valid Driver's Licence by Fhemmmy: 3:26pm On Jul 19, 2012
fizeul: Erm.. All those baba with valid licence don dey die, and nobody get time to waste for original again.

Lol
Re: One In 10 Lagos Drivers Have Valid Driver's Licence by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 19, 2012
Tolulop001:

grin grin grin his own is waay cooler

meaning? angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Will It Cost To Insure A Vehicle? / The Best Electric Cars On Sale. (PICTURES N SPECS) / My Trip From Lagos To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.