Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community (25085 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Again / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soldiers In Agatu, Benue State / Enugu Community Decries Arrest Of 76 Villagers After Feud With Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by 9javoice1(m): 5:31am On Jul 18, 2012
Fulani herdsmen attack Enugu community
The quick intervention of security agencies has brought under control the conflict that erupted between the Ishi Ozalla community in Nkanu West Local Government Area of Enugu State and some Fulani herdsmen.
An itinerant herdsman and two cows died during the clash, which occured on Monday.

It was learnt that some youths in Ishi Ozalla clashed with some Fulani herdsmen within the community for allegedly destroying crops belonging to some natives as well as raping some women in the area.

Following the disagreement between the parties, a fierce fight ensued during which the herdsman and two cows were killed while some natives sustained severe injuries. The development heightened tension in the community before a combined team of soldiers and policemen were drafted to the place.

The State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Ebere Amaraizu, who confirmed the incident yesterday, said that the quick deployment of security operatives to the area prevented the escalation of the dispute. He said the parties were summoned by the Commissioner of Police where a truce was brokered.

According to him, the operatives have been stationed in the community to maintain peace and order to enable residents go about their normal businesses without molestation.

The General Overseer of Amazing Love Assembly, Bishop Amaechi Nwachukwu, appealed to the Inspector General of Police, the Director of Security Services (SSS) and security agencies in the state to use their good offices to restore peace to the community.

via The Nation

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/54266-fulani-herdsmen-attack-enugu-community.html
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by 9javoice1(m): 5:36am On Jul 18, 2012
HAUSA/FULANI'S ARE NEARING THEIR END.

THE WORST THEY WILL DO NOW IS TO REVENGE, IF THEY DO THAT THERE END WILL COME.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH HAUSA/FULANI'S?
WHY CAN'T THEY CO-EXIST WITH OTHER'S?
THEY FOUGHT AND KILL IN MIDDLE BELT,
FOGUTH AND MASSACRE YORUBA'S IN SOUTHWEST,
FOUGHT AND KILL IN NIGER DELTA,
NOW FIGHTING BUT WAS KILLED IN SOUTHEAST.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE TWO ANIMALISTIC PEOPLE.

7 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by 9javoice1(m): 5:48am On Jul 18, 2012
whoever the God want to destroy he will first make mad(deaf).

hausa/fulani's are increasing their evils against other tribes by the day.

but one day they will dance the drum beat that will follow it from all side.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by okosodo: 5:50am On Jul 18, 2012
I now know that their brains is not too different from the cows that they are rearing

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by 9javoice1(m): 6:04am On Jul 18, 2012
a deaf flies usualy folow the corps to the grave.

let the music play, and let them get the ball rolling.

when DAVID MARK make a comment about hausa/fulani elders and elites,

they went immidiately deguise themself as igbos to kill idomas
blvin it won't be uncovered. but everything was open before 24hrs.
the military hausa/fulani men involved was caught and the igbos and idomas reunite.

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by Tsmooth1(m): 6:13am On Jul 18, 2012
From now on no more meat to south, no more suya for u people. Gosh Igbo people are wicked, how can u killed a defenceless, harmless fulani man just to steal his cows? but i no blame una, I blame Ojukwu. Awon oloshi!

6 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by 175(m): 6:36am On Jul 18, 2012
Fulani again? Cant d NASS enact a law to check indiscriminate grazing? U cherish ur cows, we value our crops. Am at loss on how d average fulani tinks.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by Ogbonaikenna(m): 6:39am On Jul 18, 2012
T-smooth:
From now on no more meat to south, no more suya for u people. Gosh Igbo people are wicked, how can u killed a defenceless, harmless fulani man just to steal his cows? but i no blame una, I blame Ojukwu. Awon oloshi!
why the hatred for the igbos?

22 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by saintneo(m): 6:42am On Jul 18, 2012
hmmmmm

I don't think if their will be retaliations. But Igbo people will not sit and watch.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by Andrew3(m): 6:49am On Jul 18, 2012
If i may ask, where are the two dead cows grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy exhibits

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by Tsmooth1(m): 7:14am On Jul 18, 2012
I withdraw my hate comment, and I am sorry for all those it has affected directly or indirectly especially Igbo people.

9 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by Awake9ja(m): 7:17am On Jul 18, 2012
A good news to me this morning.

let them fight the igbos and know the thirst of death.

if all nigeria tribe will adopt this igbos style.

can they ever retaliate. i don't think so.
retaliation in igbo soil is sucidal.

they no dey tell man.

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by honeric01(m): 7:21am On Jul 18, 2012
Everybody propagate hate news against the Fulani because they have no media representation, always claiming the fulani are the ones attacking them even when they intentionally attack the fulani just to part with their cows.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE 2 COWS KILLED?

AND THE HERDSMAN KILLED?

I believe they attacked the herdsmen out of hate and also to steal their meat.

5 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by asha80(m): 7:26am On Jul 18, 2012
honeric01: Everybody propagate hate news against the Fulani because they have no media representation, always claiming the fulani are the ones attacking them even when they intentionally attack the fulani just to part with their cows.

AND THE HERDSMAN KILLED?

you nothing to say.attack them just to steal their cow?i am sure you have no idea what it means as a farmer to watch these guys with their cows destroy your crops and livelyhood.

12 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by Awake9ja(m): 7:38am On Jul 18, 2012
Everybody propagate hate news against the Fulani because they have no media representation, always claiming the fulani are the ones attacking them even when they intentionally attack the fulani just to part with their cows.
AND THE HERDSMAN KILLED?

Those fulani's deserve what they get.
Infact MB should sit up and follow the igbos style or else these guys will wipe us out.

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by honeric01(m): 7:39am On Jul 18, 2012
asha 80: you nothing to say.attack them just to steal their cow?i am sure you have no idea what it means as a farmer to watch these guys with their cows destroy your crops and livelyhood.

Please who's representing the herdsmen? always one sided story, no one hears from the herdsmen, this is wickedness. I STRONGLY believe the herdsmen are becoming very defensive now because no one cares about them and also against them, so they defend themselves at all cost.

Simple:

Just accuse the herdsmen of destroying crops and rapping women so as to paint them black because they know the rest of the world won't doubt these accusations. (pre-conceived mentality). Does it mean the herdsmen can't talk or no one understands their tongue? i am yet to see or read any quote from a herdsman.

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by Ogbonaikenna(m): 7:41am On Jul 18, 2012
T-smooth:
I withdraw my hate comment, and I am sorry for all those it has affected directly or indirectly especially Igbo people.
but why did you make it before?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by Awake9ja(m): 7:41am On Jul 18, 2012
FOR EVERY TRIBE THAT WISH TO SURVIVE.

ATTACK THE FULANI'S FIRST AND AGAIN ELSE SORRY WILL BE YOUR NAME.

THOSE GUYS HAS AN ANGENDA. FROM COMMON FULA MAN TO GOV PERSONELS TO THEIR EMIRS.
WE ARE TO THEM AS SLAVES. THEY ARE ADVANCING.

TIME TO STOP THEM.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by Awake9ja(m): 7:44am On Jul 18, 2012
by honeric01:
WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

1 TRIBETHAT FIGHTS EVERY DAY WITH ALL TRIBES, AND YOU ARE HERE DEFENDING THEM.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by alahamad(m): 7:53am On Jul 18, 2012
9ja voice: HAUSA/FULANI'S ARE NEARING THEIR END.

THE WORST THEY WILL DO NOW IS TO REVENGE, IF THEY DO THAT THERE END WILL COME.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH HAUSA/FULANI'S?
WHY CAN'T THEY CO-EXIST WITH OTHER'S?
THEY FOUGHT AND KILL IN MIDDLE BELT,
FOGUTH AND MASSACRE YORUBA'S IN SOUTHWEST,
FOUGHT AND KILL IN NIGER DELTA,
NOW FIGHTING BUT WAS KILLED IN SOUTHEAST.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE TWO ANIMALISTIC PEOPLE.

You above and all those mixing Hausa nd Fulani are bunch of animals....ur IQ is so freaking low that I doubt how u survive....am not in denial but even we the Hausas don't classify ourselves with Fulani.....the fact that they are in the north does not mean you keep insulting hausa people always....

We don't have the same culture or way of life....we don't even understand each others language...but you fools see anybody speaking the dialect as hausa....

Blady un-exposed illitrates

16 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by asha80(m): 7:56am On Jul 18, 2012
honeric01:

Please who's representing the herdsmen? always one sided story, no one hears from the herdsmen, this is wickedness. I STRONGLY believe the herdsmen are becoming very defensive now because no one cares about them and also against them, so they defend themselves at all cost.

Simple:

Just accuse the herdsmen of destroying crops and rapping women so as to paint them black because they know the rest of the world won't doubt these accusations. (pre-conceived mentality). Does it mean the herdsmen can't talk or no one understands their tongue? i am yet to see or read any quote from a herdsman.
if you feel strongly about this you can go ahead to represent them or are there no fulani top men in house of rep or senate?do you trully believe that there no fulani guys in the house?well while you believing that it is a "preconcieved hatred or bias" towards them they should STOP destroying people's crops and livelyhood.like i said before i do not think you know the pain inflicted on farmers when these guys pass your farmlands.just ask the tivs.

8 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by Clerverly: 7:56am On Jul 18, 2012
Why cant they be wiped out off Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by spyder880(m): 7:58am On Jul 18, 2012
The truth, from a man on the ground who have seen it happen so many times is that the fulanis graze their cattle on peoples farmlands, eating and marching on crops. This is very annoying if you are a farmer. I have not seen women they rapped but I have heard the stories.
The nomads are not making things easy by their attitudes, they can never apologize to the farmers even with the complaints to their heads. They are always armed (knifes, guns and all) and they distrust everyone except their people.

I see them as humans, very humble and very mis understood. Their camp around Lokpanta in Abia state express is a nice outpost far from the locals, enough space to graze but go and see how they have wrecked the roads. If you have passed the road recently and seen how the completely destroyed the roads by dumping earth on both sides of the road, blocking the drainages which made the roads flooded, and so damaged when trucks march on them. We dont have a govt in Abia state, somebody should have asked them to stop offloading cattle along the roads.

I think the herdsmen should stop going into farms, their settlement in Ugwuoba, Enugu state is a bit peaceful.

I am aware of a police case now involving the fulani and the Affa community of Udi LGA. No need to reveal anything here but the accounts are very horrible.

Finally the herdsmen are humans like us, we should try and make them understand that they have nothing to fear, dialogue more with their elders and forgive them when we can. Everyone sins.

17 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by iykak47: 7:58am On Jul 18, 2012
honeric01: Everybody propagate hate news against the Fulani because they have no media representation, always claiming the fulani are the ones attacking them even when they intentionally attack the fulani just to part with their cows.

AND THE HERDSMAN KILLED?

2 cows ke, they are no longer cows but have turned to pepper soup and nkwobi
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by Tsmooth1(m): 8:06am On Jul 18, 2012
@ogbonna, I just dont know. I could have modify it but u have already quote it.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by ZUBY77(m): 8:07am On Jul 18, 2012
Good for them. If they try anything, that will be their end.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by spyder880(m): 8:11am On Jul 18, 2012
iykak47: 2 cows ke, they are no longer cows but have turned to pepper soup and nkwobi

The story didnt say the villagers ate the cows, why should we accuse?
Lets keep this country civil by making the education we claim to have shape our thoughts and words.

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by spyder880(m): 8:13am On Jul 18, 2012
Clerverly: Why cant they be wiped out off Nigeria?

Because they are humans like you, God is not happy about killing of humans.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 18, 2012
i am suprised our nairaland "wisemen" are not blaming it all on Jonathan.

Some of us have been consistent with calls for us to negotiate Nigeria, now is the time.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by Ogbonaikenna(m): 8:27am On Jul 18, 2012
T-smooth:
@ogbonna, I just dont know. I could have modify it but u have already quote it.
alright. One love bro

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by excondido(m): 8:31am On Jul 18, 2012
fulanis are getting bravier every passing day. to think that they can confront anyone beyond the middle belt is a cause for concern. last time was the southwest now the southeast. well that was a swift dispatch to curtail their advancement.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community by Stallion77(f): 8:35am On Jul 18, 2012
T-smooth:
Who let this guy out!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Benedict Alabi Is Gboyega Oyetola's Running Mate / Peter Obi & Datti Ahmed's Wives To Hold Town Hall Meeting With Women In Abuja / Jonathan Campaign Team Disowns Fayose's Death Advert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.