Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Is God Imaginary? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Imaginary? (2086 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God / Is "God" Of The Old Testament Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God Imaginary? by suwailad(f): 6:05am On Jul 18, 2012
The only thing we know about God is what we think, can we then say he is imaginary at best explanation?
Re: Is God Imaginary? by buzugee(m): 11:33am On Jul 18, 2012
suwailad: The only thing we know about God is what we think, can we then say he is imaginary at best explanation?
IMAGINARY ? NO. WHEN YOU SEE ME YOU SEE THE IMAGE OF GOD grin grin grin grin. seriously though when you look at anyone including yourself in the mirror you see the image of God because we are all made in his image. as such he is not imaginary.

2 Likes

Re: Is God Imaginary? by MacDaddy01: 12:46pm On Jul 18, 2012
buzugee: IMAGINARY ? NO. WHEN YOU SEE ME YOU SEE THE IMAGE OF GOD grin grin grin grin. seriously though when you look at anyone including yourself in the mirror you see the image of God because we are all made in his image. as such he is not imaginary.

Same argument can be made for anything.

You see me? You see a image of a reincarnated monkey.

very foolish argument
Re: Is God Imaginary? by EvilBrain1(m): 12:51pm On Jul 18, 2012
Yes, God is imaginary. He doesn't exist outside the minds of those who believe in him. There is no objective way of demonstrating his existence. Neither is there any way to demonstrating his effects on the world around us.

We are now able to detect subatomic particles and measure the temperature, mass and composition of stars millions of lightyears away. Yet, no nobody can figure out a way to detect a god who is supposedly all around us and doing things everyday?

Practically all the things previously attributed to God have now been shown to have other causes. We have simple, and elegant explanations for how complex life develops from simpler forms, where earthquakes and lightning come from, and why the sun rises and sets. We also have a working (though still incomplete) theory for the origin of the universe.

The bible and the koran are full of stories of magical things God and his followers did yet all these miracles seem to have conveniently disappeared just as we gained the ability to verify them. The only miracles we see these days are performed by fraudulent TV pastors and YouTube fraudsters.

And the (developed) world now operates under the assuption that there is no god. It's only in bush places like Nigeria that people promote prayer as a means to fight terrorism, corruption or to solve economic problems. You don't see europeans praying against road accidents or the chinese praying for electricity. They install street lights, enforce seatbelt use, speed limits and ensure roadworthiness of all vehicles. They build more powerplants.

Of course, many of these people may say that they belive in God, but most of them don't act like it. And that is why their problems get solved while ours fester and stagnate.

3 Likes

Re: Is God Imaginary? by buzugee(m): 1:13pm On Jul 18, 2012
MacDaddy01:

very foolish argument

says the grown azz cretin who is afraid of the dark
Re: Is God Imaginary? by MacDaddy01: 2:27pm On Jul 18, 2012
buzugee: says the grown azz cretin who is afraid of the dark

lol....says the edomite cretin who is afraid of white men
Re: Is God Imaginary? by Abyjah: 2:40pm On Jul 18, 2012
Yes, God is imaginary. He doesn't exist outside the minds of those who believe in him. There is no objective way of demonstrating his existence. Neither is there any way to demonstrating his effects on the world around us.
@Evil Brain. Nicely written, but I must say that you're wrong. Every other thing is illusory, but God is the only reality.
Re: Is God Imaginary? by EvilBrain1(m): 4:04pm On Jul 18, 2012
Abyjah: @Evil Brain. Nicely written, but I must say that you're wrong. Every other thing is illusory, but God is the only reality.

Please explain what you mean by that, preferably in simple english. No offence, but it sounds just like the meaningless pseudo-intellectual grammatics that pastors use to turn people's heads.

But you and I are intelligent, educated people so we're not going to resort to that cheap tactic just to win an argument are we?
Re: Is God Imaginary? by Abyjah: 5:00pm On Jul 18, 2012
Evil Brain:

Please explain what you mean by that, preferably in simple english. No offence, but it sounds just like the meaningless pseudo-intellectual grammatics that pastors use to turn people's heads.

But you and I are intelligent, educated people so we're not going to resort to that cheap tactic just to win an argument are we?
I don't have problem with pastors, neither am I one of them. You must have heard it said that, 'one is in God's will', right? What this means is that one is like a picture that God imagined and held in His mind (the same applies to the universe). This picture is then enlivened by God's will power.
Hence, everything is an illusion created in God's mind while He is the absolute reality of these things.
Re: Is God Imaginary? by buzugee(m): 5:12pm On Jul 18, 2012
Abyjah: I don't have problem with pastors, neither am I one of them. You must have heard it said that, 'one is in God's will', right? What this means is that one is like a picture that God imagined and held in His mind (the same applies to the universe). This picture is then enlivened by God's will power.
Hence, everything is an illusion created in God's mind while He is the absolute reality of these things.
huh ? i see you been smoking that angel dust huh ? LOL
Re: Is God Imaginary? by InesQor(m): 5:14pm On Jul 18, 2012
suwailad: The only thing we know about God is what we think, can we then say he is imaginary at best explanation?

To begin with, you may need to distinguish between intangible [/i]and [i]imaginary.
Re: Is God Imaginary? by Abyjah: 5:48pm On Jul 18, 2012
buzugee: huh ? i see you been smoking that angel dust huh ? LOL
You can aswell create your own universe with it's sun, planets and
what have you. Start by employing the language of the fourth dimension, and you shall speak and it shall come forth. Create everything you want in that your world including the creatures thereof.

You can, therefore, kill, destroy, enthrone, etc, any of the creatures or structures in your 'will'. As long as you live, your universe keeps living. More so, in all you've created, you've successfully represented yourself in different forms. Hence, your universe is an illusion and you the reality of it.
Re: Is God Imaginary? by buzugee(m): 5:50pm On Jul 18, 2012
Abyjah: You can aswell create your own universe with it's sun, planets and
what have you. Start by employing the language of the fourth dimension, and you shall speak and it shall come forth. Create everything you want in that your world including the creatures thereof.
You can, therefore, kill, destroy, enthrone, etc, any of the creatures or structures in your 'will'. As long as you live, your universe keeps living. More so, in all you've created, you've successfully represented yourself in different forms. Hence, your universe is an illusion and you the reality of it.
niceeeeeeeeeeeeeee now pass the weed. i need a hit

1 Like

Re: Is God Imaginary? by Abyjah: 5:54pm On Jul 18, 2012
buzugee: niceeeeeeeeeeeeeee now pass the weed. i need a hit
Never knew I was expending valuable energy on a hopeless being! Gawd! grin
Re: Is God Imaginary? by buzugee(m): 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2012
Abyjah: Never knew I was expending valuable energy on a hopeless being! Gawd! grin
grin grin grin wink
Re: Is God Imaginary? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 18, 2012
buzugee: huh ? i see you been smoking that angel dust huh ? LOL

lmao, when Buzugee says you've been smoking angel dust, it's time to rethink everything about your beliefs.
Re: Is God Imaginary? by buzugee(m): 6:23pm On Jul 18, 2012
Martian:

lmao, when Buzugee says you've been smoking angel dust, it's time to rethink everything about your beliefs.
I take that as a compliment Sir cheesy
Re: Is God Imaginary? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 18, 2012
buzugee: I take that as a compliment Sir cheesy

Cool. lol
Re: Is God Imaginary? by ijawkid(m): 6:58pm On Jul 18, 2012
MacDaddy01:

very foolish argument

Lol....

Macdaddy u and monkey I no know which contract ona sign...

Well all I can blame is evolution
Re: Is God Imaginary? by Abyjah: 7:05pm On Jul 18, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol....

Pro'ally just showing...em...what's it called?
Ehe! Brotherly love! lipsrsealed
Re: Is God Imaginary? by MacDaddy01: 7:11pm On Jul 18, 2012
Martian:

100% agree
Re: Is God Imaginary? by Goshen360(m): 7:14pm On Jul 18, 2012
But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Heb.11:6

1 Like

Re: Is God Imaginary? by MacDaddy01: 7:14pm On Jul 18, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol....

lmao
Re: Is God Imaginary? by buzugee(m): 7:28pm On Jul 18, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol....

LOL dude evolved from a monkey. thats the atheist belief. i bet he like eating bananas and scratching his butt too
Re: Is God Imaginary? by Abyjah: 7:39pm On Jul 18, 2012
MacDaddy01:

100% agree
Agree to what? undecided Ha, that was how you were agreeing to nonsense till you agreed that an ape is your next of kin. shocked
Re: Is God Imaginary? by buzugee(m): 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2012
MacDaddy eats bananas for breakfast lunch and dinner
Re: Is God Imaginary? by Kay17: 8:15pm On Jul 18, 2012
Abyjah: You can aswell create your own universe with it's sun, planets and

Subtract the Sun, and there will be no life. God needs the Sun for life to grow
Re: Is God Imaginary? by Abyjah: 8:29pm On Jul 18, 2012
Kay 17:

Subtract the Sun, and there will be no life. God needs the Sun for life to grow
What are you trying to say, sir? Pls, speak English!
Re: Is God Imaginary? by Kay17: 10:38pm On Jul 18, 2012
^^^
Is that an insult?!
Re: Is God Imaginary? by Abyjah: 10:47pm On Jul 18, 2012
Kay 17: ^^^
Is that an insult?!
Not at all, sir. I'm sorry if you feel insulted,sir, cos I don't intentionally insult an animal! grin grin grin
Re: Is God Imaginary? by Kay17: 11:14pm On Jul 18, 2012
Ok
Re: Is God Imaginary? by suwailad(f): 2:06pm On Aug 04, 2012
@Inesqor by intangible what do you mean by that?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus, A Real Human Being / Enemies Of Oyedepo; READ THIS / Is It Wrong To Wear Earrings To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.