Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,603 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Jesus, A Real Human Being - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus, A Real Human Being (2088 Views)

Pope Francis Openly Calls Jesus A Failure / "The Good Ship Jesus." A Picture And A Thousand Words / Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus, A Real Human Being by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 08, 2012
John urges us to believe in a Jesus who is authentically a human being, not an angel who became man, nor an eternal Son of God who became a man.

Throughout the New Testament we are exhorted to believe that Jesus is the Christ. The Church is to be founded on Peter’s confession of Jesus as the Messiah (Mat. 16:16). John wrote his entire gospel to persuade us to believe that “Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God” (John 20:31). The early church in Acts “kept right on teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ” (Acts 5:42). Paul “proved that this Jesus is the Christ” (Acts 9:22, cp. Acts 17:3, 18:5, 18:28). It is the “Man Messiah” who is the one mediator between the One God and man (I Tim. 2:5). No wonder, then that the spirit of antichrist denies that Jesus is the Messiah. This is the arch-lie: “Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ?” (I John 2:22, 5:1).

It is crucially important to understand that the Messiah promised by the Old Testament was to be a real descendant of David (II Sam. 7:14). God would be the Father of this descendant, according to the promise, but the Messiah would be “the fruit of David’s body” (Psalm 132:11). There is no hint here or elsewhere in the Old Testament that God had been the Father of the Messiah for all eternity, much less that the Messiah was to be the uncreated member of an eternal Trinity. Rather, he was to be a “prophet like Moses” raised up from an Israelite family (see Deut. 18:15-18, Acts 3:22, 7:37). The traditional Jesus of the creeds is alien to this Biblical picture of the Messiah. (See also our article, “Luke 1:35: Systems in Conflict.”)

The real Jesus of history in whom Luke believed was the Son of God, not because He had been God from eternity but because of his miraculous conception. In Mary’s womb a real human person came into existence. Note the direct causal link between Jesus’ coming into being as the Son of God and the miracle which happened to Mary:

“The holy spirit will come upon you [Mary] and the power of the Most High will overshadow you, and for that reason the holy offspring shall be called the Son of God” (Luke 1:35).

This Jesus is a genuinely human person, though supernaturally conceived. He is the descendant of David. If he were not he could not prove his claim to be the Messiah. If, however, this person is actually God, putting on “impersonal human nature,” why would his descent from David matter? Could one not receive “impersonal human nature” from a mother of any nationality? The theory that the person of Jesus is not that of Mary’s Son begotten by the Father in Mary (Matt. 1:18, 20), but that of a preexistent person surely destroys both the genuineness of Jesus’ humanity and his descent from David.

The Jesus of Trinitarian and Chalcedonian theology is officially not a human person ”man” but not “a man.” Such theological jargon, as many realize, is in desperate need of revision. The most important question of all is whether the Chalcedonian Jesus, in whom millions profess belief, qualifies as the one who came “as a human being” (I John 4:2). The difference in John’s mind between the real human Jesus and the one who only appears to be a man is the difference between light and dark, Christ and antichrist. One may profess to believe in Jesus as Messiah but negate this confession by denying that he is a fully human person. This the ancient creeds, so long hallowed by tradition, appear to do.

A theologian who discussed the history of belief in Jesus claimed that most of the so-called orthodox leaders of traditional Christianity were in fact Apollinarians. Apollinarius was convicted of the heresy of denying that Jesus was fully a human being (Dr. C.E Raven, Apollinarianism, cited by O.C. Quick in Doctrines of the Creed, p. 178). In other words “orthodoxy” has harbored a subtle form of a heresy which it condemned in others — that Jesus was not authentically human. Maurice Wiles, formerly Professor of Theology at Oxford University, was right when he said:

“The church has not usually in practice (whatever it may have claimed to be doing in theory) based its understanding of Christ exclusively on the witness of the New Testament” (The Remaking of Christian Doctrine, p. 55).

The following extraordinary admissions by prominent Trinitarian writers, experts on the creeds, should be carefully noted:
“In the debates of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, Leonard Hodgson (The Doctrine of the Trinity, 1943, pp. 220,223) points out that ‘the unitarians [those who believe with the Bible that the Father only is the True God, John 17:3; 5:44; I Cor 8:4-6] as well as their opponents accepted the Bible as containing revelation given in the form of propositions, and concludes that ‘on the basis of argument which both sides held in common, the unitarians had the better case.’ And yet for all that it was not the unitarians who won the day. Christological doctrine has never in practice been derived simply by way of logical inference from the statements of Scripture” (Maurice Wiles, The Remaking Of Christian Doctrine, p. 55, emphasis added).

Protestants who claim to derive their faith exclusively from the Bible should give careful attention to this remarkable statement!

John’s Truth-test (I John 4:2, II John 7) is critically relevant to our times. Belief in Jesus as the Christ, a real human descendant of David is still the Biblical criterion for proof that one is drawing inspiration from the spirit of Truth. It remains as true as ever that the fundamental doctrinal test of the professing Christian has to do with his view of the person of Christ. The denial of the humanity of Jesus is the fatal flaw detected by the Johannine test. God’s Son is the Son of Mary and of David. Of sonship prior to His conception in history the Bible has nothing to say. Such a notion is destructive of Jesus’ genuine humanity and genuine descent from David. Jesus, the Jewish-Christian Messiah, needs urgently to be reinstated at the heart of Christian devotion. Belief in Him and in His Father, the only true God, leads to salvation (John 17:3).

Source
Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by tidytim: 12:48pm On Oct 08, 2012
bookmark this article y'all.
Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by Sweetnecta: 3:51pm On Oct 08, 2012
frosbel giving tidytim a pat on the back.

its actually scratching your own back, tidytim. sorry i meant to say frosbel.
Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by italo: 4:00pm On Oct 08, 2012
John 1:

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.
Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by Goshen360(m): 4:08pm On Oct 08, 2012
frosbel: John urges us to believe in a Jesus who is authentically a human being, not an angel who became man, nor an eternal Son of God who became a man.

Throughout the New Testament we are exhorted to believe that Jesus is the Christ. The Church is to be founded on Peter’s confession of Jesus as the Messiah (Mat. 16:16). John wrote his entire gospel to persuade us to believe that “Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God” (John 20:31). The early church in Acts “kept right on teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ” (Acts 5:42). Paul “proved that this Jesus is the Christ” (Acts 9:22, cp. Acts 17:3, 18:5, 18:28). It is the “Man Messiah” who is the one mediator between the One God and man (I Tim. 2:5). No wonder, then that the spirit of antichrist denies that Jesus is the Messiah. This is the arch-lie: “Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ?” (I John 2:22, 5:1).

It is crucially important to understand that the Messiah promised by the Old Testament was to be a real descendant of David (II Sam. 7:14). God would be the Father of this descendant, according to the promise, but the Messiah would be “the fruit of David’s body” (Psalm 132:11). There is no hint here or elsewhere in the Old Testament that God had been the Father of the Messiah for all eternity, much less that the Messiah was to be the uncreated member of an eternal Trinity. Rather, he was to be a “prophet like Moses” raised up from an Israelite family (see Deut. 18:15-18, Acts 3:22, 7:37). The traditional Jesus of the creeds is alien to this Biblical picture of the Messiah. (See also our article, “Luke 1:35: Systems in Conflict.”)

The real Jesus of history in whom Luke believed was the Son of God, not because He had been God from eternity but because of his miraculous conception. In Mary’s womb a real human person came into existence. Note the direct causal link between Jesus’ coming into being as the Son of God and the miracle which happened to Mary:

“The holy spirit will come upon you [Mary] and the power of the Most High will overshadow you, and for that reason the holy offspring shall be called the Son of God” (Luke 1:35).

This Jesus is a genuinely human person, though supernaturally conceived. He is the descendant of David. If he were not he could not prove his claim to be the Messiah. If, however, this person is actually God, putting on “impersonal human nature,” why would his descent from David matter? Could one not receive “impersonal human nature” from a mother of any nationality? The theory that the person of Jesus is not that of Mary’s Son begotten by the Father in Mary (Matt. 1:18, 20), but that of a preexistent person surely destroys both the genuineness of Jesus’ humanity and his descent from David.

The Jesus of Trinitarian and Chalcedonian theology is officially not a human person — ”man” but not “a man.” Such theological jargon, as many realize, is in desperate need of revision. The most important question of all is whether the Chalcedonian Jesus, in whom millions profess belief, qualifies as the one who came “as a human being” (I John 4:2). The difference in John’s mind between the real human Jesus and the one who only appears to be a man is the difference between light and dark, Christ and antichrist. One may profess to believe in Jesus as Messiah but negate this confession by denying that he is a fully human person. This the ancient creeds, so long hallowed by tradition, appear to do.

A theologian who discussed the history of belief in Jesus claimed that most of the so-called orthodox leaders of traditional Christianity were in fact Apollinarians. Apollinarius was convicted of the heresy of denying that Jesus was fully a human being (Dr. C.E Raven, Apollinarianism, cited by O.C. Quick in Doctrines of the Creed, p. 178). In other words “orthodoxy” has harbored a subtle form of a heresy which it condemned in others — that Jesus was not authentically human. Maurice Wiles, formerly Professor of Theology at Oxford University, was right when he said:

“The church has not usually in practice (whatever it may have claimed to be doing in theory) based its understanding of Christ exclusively on the witness of the New Testament” (The Remaking of Christian Doctrine, p. 55).

The following extraordinary admissions by prominent Trinitarian writers, experts on the creeds, should be carefully noted:
“In the debates of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, Leonard Hodgson (The Doctrine of the Trinity, 1943, pp. 220,223) points out that ‘the unitarians [those who believe with the Bible that the Father only is the True God, John 17:3; 5:44; I Cor 8:4-6] as well as their opponents accepted the Bible as containing revelation given in the form of propositions, and concludes that ‘on the basis of argument which both sides held in common, the unitarians had the better case.’ And yet for all that it was not the unitarians who won the day. Christological doctrine has never in practice been derived simply by way of logical inference from the statements of Scripture” (Maurice Wiles, The Remaking Of Christian Doctrine, p. 55, emphasis added).

Protestants who claim to derive their faith exclusively from the Bible should give careful attention to this remarkable statement!

John’s Truth-test (I John 4:2, II John 7) is critically relevant to our times. Belief in Jesus as the Christ, a real human descendant of David is still the Biblical criterion for proof that one is drawing inspiration from the spirit of Truth. It remains as true as ever that the fundamental doctrinal test of the professing Christian has to do with his view of the person of Christ. The denial of the humanity of Jesus is the fatal flaw detected by the Johannine test. God’s Son is the Son of Mary and of David. Of sonship prior to His conception in history the Bible has nothing to say. Such a notion is destructive of Jesus’ genuine humanity and genuine descent from David. Jesus, the Jewish-Christian Messiah, needs urgently to be reinstated at the heart of Christian devotion. Belief in Him and in His Father, the only true God, leads to salvation (John 17:3).

Source

And the attack against the deity of Christ continues

Why don't you start from the verse first verse of John the Apostle

italo: John 1:

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by plappville(f): 4:58pm On Oct 08, 2012

Where is the (Holy spirit) in this verse? why is He omitted here.

Why did Jesus cry out, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me?"
Have you asked urself why Jesus said this? as a 2rd of the trinity He could not forsake Himself, or do you think He forsook himself? why didnt He call on the (Holy spirit)?

Luke 10:22(NIV)
22 “All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.”

When Christ came, He revealed the Father, "as in John 1) It shows that ancient Israel never knew the Father not the person, now tell me, why didn't Christ revealed or decleared the "Holy spirit"?

John 17:3(NIV)
3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

If the Only true God is the trinity and Jesus Christ is mentioned, why was the "Holy spirit not mentioned"?

John 17:11 (NIV)
11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of[a] your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.

Again, there is no mention of the "Holy Spirit", try to examine verses 20-22 of John 17. The verse 11 explains that God in Christ are ONE, just as God's people are ONE through the "Holy spirit" The Holy spirit that makes Gods people to be one unified group (The Chruch). But Consider that, all individual human beings in the church are not ONE single being, The Father and Christ are ONE as the brethren are ONE vise/versa. God's people are all seperate beings, God and Christ are seperate beings, theses few verses easily disproved the trinity.

If the HOLY SPIRIT is the 3rd person of the Godhead, each time the Father is discussed, why is He overlooked?

God's word is clear and simple for those willing to study it honestly. Speaking of the last days, just before the return of Christ, Paul discribs how people will not seek the truth.

2 Timothy 4:3 3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, 4and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths. 5But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

I believe these last verses has made a decleration of what you claim to be called the "trinity" as unscriptural.

1 Like

Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by italo: 5:02pm On Oct 08, 2012

Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by plappville(f): 5:03pm On Oct 08, 2012
Goshen360:

And the attack against the deity of Christ continues

Why don't you start from the verse first verse of John the Apostle

Why are you taking it as an attack? This man is doing a good work for God.
John 1 is telling you that Christ is the "word" of God, He revealed God to us when He came to earth.
And the word was God, God wouldn't be revealed if not for Christ. Its not telling you that God came to earth to die for you, for God cannot die.

Besides, you cannot use only one varse of the bible to balance ur claim.
Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 08, 2012

Typical of you to quote 1/2 of v14 and leave out the other 1/2

ALL , please read the below, the full quote of v14 which clearly conveys John's point across that Jesus is the Son of GOD.

v14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

1 Like

Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by kolaoloye(m): 5:07pm On Oct 08, 2012
Subscribing. BBL
Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by Goshen360(m): 5:22pm On Oct 08, 2012
plappville:

Why are you taking it as an attack? This man is doing a good work for God.
John 1 is telling you that Christ is the "word" of God, He revealed God to us when He came to earth.
And the word was God, God wouldn't be revealed if not for Christ. Its not telling you that God came to earth to die for you, for God cannot die.

Besides, you cannot use only one varse of the bible to balance ur claim.

Okay. There is a difference in using "w" as a lower case to describe the word. Jesus is NOT the word with lower case "w", that will mean a literal word used to express our thought and communication. I am NOT here to play on words, am here to defend the fact the Bible by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit calls Christ God. The question to you is, IF CHRIST IS JUST A LITERAL WORD USED TO EXPRESS THOUGHT AND COMMUNICATION, WHY DID JOHN IN VERSE TWO PERSONIFIED THE WORD AS "HE".......He was with God in the beginning. John 1:2. I haven't built theology on one verse mind. I have got many scripture that calls Jesus God. However, I believe Jesus is NOT the Father.
Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 08, 2012
Goshen360:

Okay. There is a difference in using "w" as a lower case to describe the word. Jesus is NOT the word with lower case "w", that will mean a literal word used to express our thought and communication. I am NOT here to play on words, am here to defend the fact the Bible by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit calls Christ God. The question to you is, IF CHRIST IS JUST A LITERAL WORD USED TO EXPRESS THOUGHT AND COMMUNICATION, WHY DID JOHN IN VERSE TWO PERSONIFIED THE WORD AS "HE".......He was with God in the beginning. John 1:2. I haven't built theology on one verse mind. I have got many scripture that calls Jesus God. However, I believe Jesus is NOT the Father.

how about v14 where John clarified what he meant in John 1:1 :

v14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Let us dissect this important verse :

1. Word became Flesh
2. Made his dwelling among US
3. We have seen his GLORY
4. Glory of the one and ONLY SON.
5. Who came from the FATHER

Seriously Goshen bro, can you after reading this verse still confess that JESUS is GOD without laughing ?

1 Like

Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by Goshen360(m): 5:49pm On Oct 08, 2012
frosbel:

how about v14 where John clarified what he meant in John 1:1 :

Let us dissect this important verse :

1. Word became Flesh
2. Made his dwelling among US
3. We have seen his GLORY
4. Glory of the one and ONLY SON.
5. Who came from the FATHER

Seriously Goshen bro, can you after reading this verse still confess that JESUS is GOD without laughing ?

Very Good. The point here is this, the Word that was called God in verse 1 and personified as "He" in verse two proves that it is NOT a literal word used in expressing thought. He is a being! The same "Word" that was called God BECAME FLESH, that became human. This means when he became human, what He is called in human form, after He became flesh is "Son"....from the Father. What glory is John talking about Jesus himself answered this question,

New International Version (©1984)
And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began. John 17:5
Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 08, 2012
Goshen360:

Very Good. The point here is this, the Word that was called God in verse 1 and personified as "He" in verse two proves that it is NOT a literal word used in expressing thought. He is a being! The same "Word" that was called God BECAME FLESH, that became human. This means when he became human, what He is called in human form, after He became flesh is "Son"....from the Father. What glory is John talking about Jesus himself answered this question,

New International Version (©1984)
And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began. John 17:5

wrong.

Jesus became a being when he was conceived in his Mother's womb.
Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by Goshen360(m): 6:02pm On Oct 08, 2012
frosbel:

wrong.

Jesus became a being when he was conceived in his Mother's womb.

So he wasn't a being BEFORE THE WORLD BEGAN How come Jesus can speak of his person about BEFORE the world began EVEN IN HIS HUMAN FORM What then is He......a wind a literal word used in expression of thought and communications Tell us what He is please.
Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by italo: 7:33pm On Oct 08, 2012
Jesus: "before Abraham was, I AM!"

Frosbel: 'before Abraham was, He wasn't'
Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by plappville(f): 9:08pm On Oct 08, 2012
@Goshen360: In addition to what @Frosbel has already given, i would like to add some few explaination as to ur question.

We should look at the book of Hebrew for a clearification. What did Hebrew proof about Jesus ?

Heb 1:1 God [the Father], who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

God the Father has not only spoken to mankind himself, but he also uses his Son to speak through. This is why Jesus is sometimes referred to as the Word of God.
The Father is the source of the word, but Jesus is the channel through which it comes.

Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, "when he had" by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Jesus is the image of the Father. This is how Jesus could tell others that when they look at Him, they were lookin at the Father.
He was not saying he WAS his Father, but that he was the image of His Father. So, as the image of the Father, he loks like his Father.
But an image is not the same as the real thing.

This indicates: WHEN he had purged our sins, he then sat down at the right hand of the Father King. Note: This means he may not have been in this position before this.
The position of authority came "ONCE" Jesus had made his final sacrifice for sins.

Heb:1:4[b] Became [being made] so much better than the angels,[/b] as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Jesus became something he was not before- better than the angels. He then obtained something he did not have before- a more excellent name. So what name did he have before, if his new name is Jesus? And have u asked why A GOD should be compared to Angels?

Heb: 7:26 For such an high priest became [was fitting for] us, [who is] holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and became higher than the heavens;

If he “became” something, it means it wasn’t this before. He became higher than the heavens, which is a "new status". If Jesus was already God, as trinitarians claimed, then there is no way to improve, or get any better, than that.
So, these verses are indicating that Jesus was “less” of something before he came to earth, and more of something, or something else, when he left earth. Jesus went through a change of status and authority.

The bible says that God never changes. He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. But Jesus has gone through changes. This means that Jesus does not have this quality that the Father God has. This does not mean Jesus is not divine. He is divine, because His Father is divine, just as we are human, as our own fathers are human.

1 Like

Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by plappville(f): 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2012
Daniel 7:13: “I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of Man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of Days, and they brought Him near before Him.” A discription of Christ is given here.

We find here that the “Son of Man” (Christ) approached the “Ancient of Days” (the Father). Christ was not approaching Himself. What is described here is Jesus Christ being “coronated” and given dominion and power over the nations of earth. A prophecy that is to be fulfilled in no distance of time.

The "word" is forever [Jesus is forever].

1 Like

Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 08, 2012
plappville: Daniel 7:13: “I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of Man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of Days, and they brought Him near before Him.” A discription of Christ is given here.

We find here that the “Son of Man” (Christ) approached the “Ancient of Days” (the Father). Christ was not approaching Himself. What is described here is Jesus Christ being “coronated” and given dominion and power over the nations of earth. A prophecy that is to be fulfilled in no distance of time.

The "word" is forever [Jesus is forever].

will they listen, all they see is 3 gods and call that god ONE.
Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 08, 2012
italo: Jesus: "before Abraham was, I AM!"

Before Abraham I am , simply means he is greater than Abraham, do you Catholics and your daughters ever do your home work ?

and God's name is not I AM, God's name is YAHWEH.
Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by Goshen360(m): 9:40pm On Oct 08, 2012
@ plappville sweerie,

I get your message. Herein is the issue. First since you believe Jesus is divine. I might not have much issue with you unless you also want to enter a debate with me on the deity of Christ. My issue with Frosbel is denying the deity of Christ and the title of this thread says "Jesus, A Real Human Being". This same Jesus was presented to us in many different aspects in the Gospel. John presented him as God who BECAME a human to reveal the Father and give us eternal life. He is NOT the Father but was from the Father and he was called God. Luke presented as the "son of man" tracing his genealogy to Adam. When he "became" human, taking human nature is where and when he is called the Son of God. When God begat, he begat one like himself. That is why we believers are also called the sons of God. We carry God in our new birth and spiritual being even though we walk human on earth.
Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by italo: 12:27am On Oct 09, 2012
I'll just let the Bible speak for itself.

italo: Jesus: "before Abraham was, I AM!"

Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by plappville(f): 10:08am On Oct 09, 2012
Goshen360: @ plappville sweerie,

I get your message. Herein is the issue. First since you believe Jesus is divine. I might not have much issue with you unless you also want to enter a debate with me on the deity of Christ. My issue with Frosbel is denying the deity of Christ and the title of this thread says "Jesus, A Real Human Being". This same Jesus was presented to us in many different aspects in the Gospel. John presented him as God who BECAME a human to reveal the Father and give us eternal life. He is NOT the Father but was from the Father and he was called God. Luke presented as the "son of man" tracing his genealogy to Adam. When he "became" human, taking human nature is where and when he is called the Son of God. When God begat, he begat one like himself. That is why we believers are also called the sons of God. We carry God in our new birth and spiritual being even though we walk human on earth.

My broda, Its true that ChrisT is not the Father, uncountable verses in the Bible proved this. That few verse call him God does not make Him the ALMIGHTY GOD. I am not against the fact that Jesus existed before He came to earth because He himself made it clear in multiple verses, I can post only few.

If He was "A REAL HUMAN BEING" Or "HE IS A REAL HUMAN BEING" how can he have existed with God before and during the creation.

John 17:5 He was telling God to glorify him with thesame Glory He "had before" the world began, This is so clear of His existance before coming to earth.

"He said to them, ‘You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.’" John 8:23-24

"Jesus said to them, ‘If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me.’" John 8:42

"‘Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps MY WORD, HE WILL NEVER SEE DEATH.’ The Jews said to him, ‘Now we know that you have a demon! Abraham died, as did the prophets, yet you say, "If anyone keeps my word, he will never taste death." Are you greater than our father Abraham, who died? And the prophets died! Who do you make yourself out to be?’ Jesus answered, ‘If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say, ‘He is our God.’ But you have not known him. I know him. If I were to say that I do not know him, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and I keep his word. Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. HE SAW IT and was glad.’ So the Jews said to him, ‘You are not yet fifty years old, AND HAVE YOU SEEN ABRAHAM?’ Jesus said to them, ‘Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham came into being, I AM.’ So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple." John 8:51-59

Our Lord Jesus, in this referenceS, states that he is from above, that he came from God, He repeated this several occasions:

"‘For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me.’ SO the Jews grumbled about him, because he said, ‘I am the bread that came down from heaven.’ They said, ‘Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How does he now say, "I have come down from heaven"?’" John 6:38, 41-42

"Then what if you were to see the Son of Man ascending TO WHERE HE WAS BEFORE?" John 6:62
I agitate for @Frosbel'S topic due to these verses. I WOULD LIKE TO BE ENLIGHTEN ON IT.

So we shouldn'T take John 8:58 to proves that "Jesus is God" because he claimed to have existed before "Abraham". The Bible also told us tht both Solomon (Proverbs 8:22) and Jeremiah (Jeremiah 1:5) existed before their human births. Do we now say that are God also?
Come to think of it, even angels existed before both Adam and Abraham. abi?
Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by plappville(f): 10:20am On Oct 09, 2012
italo: I'll just let the Bible speak for itself.

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

The word was made known by Jesus to us, Christ came to reveal GOD to us, He is the word of God, "NOT GOD" even the ancient Israelite that believed they know God so well didn know him. You can see what Jesus told them in my previews reply. Calling Jesus God is one of the man tradition you have been fed with. Follow what the bible says and stop twisting things up.
Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by italo: 10:21am On Oct 09, 2012
John 20:28: 'Thomas said to him, "my Lord and my God"'

Frosbel & Plappville: 'Shut up Thomas! He's not your God.'
Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 09, 2012
italo: John 20:28: 'Thomas said to him, "my Lord and my God"'

You are running desperate and left with nothing else but random cherry picking of verses.

For us to believe in your rubbish called the Trinity we have to throw away 3/4 of the Bible from the OT to the NT where again and again, the Prophets, the Jews, the Apostles , Jesus Christ and even GOD himself says that GOD is ONE.

ONE means ONE.

Hold on to your pagan 3 gods, I am just fine with my ONE GOD.
Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by ijawkid(m): 10:26am On Oct 09, 2012
italo: John 20:28: 'Thomas said to him, "my Lord and my God"'

Who is your God??

Yahweh or Jesus??
Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by italo: 11:17am On Oct 09, 2012
ijawkid:

Who is your God??

Yahweh or Jesus??

Why ask me questions when you never answer mine?
Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by italo: 11:23am On Oct 09, 2012
frosbel:

You are running desperate and left with nothing else but random cherry picking of verses.

For us to believe in your rubbish called the Trinity we have to throw away 3/4 of the Bible from the OT to the NT where again and again, the Prophets, the Jews, the Apostles , Jesus Christ and even GOD himself says that GOD is ONE.

ONE means ONE.

Hold on to your pagan 3 gods, I am just fine with my ONE GOD.

I am not cherry-picking and it is not random. I'm picking passages that show that Jesus is God. Isn't that very relevant to the topic being discussed?

You haven't, meanwhile, given any passage that says "Jesus is not God." If you have one let us see it.
Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 09, 2012
italo:

I am not cherry-picking and it is not random. I'm picking passages that show that Jesus is God. Isn't that very relevant to the topic being discussed?

You haven't, meanwhile, given any passage that says "Jesus is not God." If you have one let us see it.

I suggest you go for an emergency eye test !!!
Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by italo: 11:32am On Oct 09, 2012
italo:

John 1:1: ...and the Word WAS God

plappville: He is the word of God, "NOT GOD"

Who should we believe? Plappville or the Bible?
Re: Jesus, A Real Human Being by italo: 11:38am On Oct 09, 2012
frosbel:

I suggest you go for an emergency eye test !!!

Of course its easier to say that than to provide a verse where the Bible says "Jesus is not God."

Why?

Because there is no verse like that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy 34th Anniversary To Winners Chapel.. / The Beauty Of Christianity / ‘I Started My Church With Just N250′ – Prophet Joshua Iginla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.