Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Is It Wrong To Wear Earrings To Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Wear Earrings To Church? (2087 Views)

Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? / Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Wear Earrings To Church? by DonColz1(m): 4:50pm On Nov 09, 2013
My church does not allow its members to wear earrings inside the church premises, so i want to know, is it wrong to wear earrings to church?
Re: Is It Wrong To Wear Earrings To Church? by kingk(m): 4:55pm On Nov 09, 2013
I think you should ask first if the bible permit Christians to wear ear-ring.
Re: Is It Wrong To Wear Earrings To Church? by drajjay: 4:58pm On Nov 09, 2013
DonColz1: My church does not allow its members to wear earrings inside the church premises, so i want to know, is it wrong to wear earrings to church?
its not wrong.besides if someone cannot wear a particular cloth to church then the person shouldn't wear it in any other place either .just my opinion .
Re: Is It Wrong To Wear Earrings To Church? by Illuminatus(m): 5:15pm On Nov 09, 2013
I still don't agree with the rule that women shouldn't wear earrings, necklaces or bracelets. The church I'm currently attending says women shouldn't wear these things, but still, majority of the women still wear it to church, and almost all of them wear it outside the church. I'd like to hear argument for this rule though.
Re: Is It Wrong To Wear Earrings To Church? by kingk(m): 5:20pm On Nov 09, 2013
drajjay: its not wrong.besides if someone cannot wear a particular cloth to church then the person shouldn't wear it in any other place either .just my opinion .
Illuminatus: I still don't agree with the rule that women shouldn't wear earrings, necklaces or bracelets. The church I'm currently attending says women shouldn't wear these things, but still, majority of the women still wear it to church, and almost all of them wear it outside the church. I'd like to hear argument for this rule though.

Through in the bible, it's never a SIN but as too much. Of everything is wrong that is why in 1peter 3:3“Whose adorning let it not be that outward
adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of
gold, or of putting on of apparel...... Also in 1Timothy 2:9In like manner also, that women adorn
themselves in modest apparel, with
shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided
hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array

What exactly are Peter and Paul teaching in
these verses? They are simply teaching that
Christians should be more concerned with
beautifying the inward man than beautifying
the outward man. They are teaching that as
Christians, we should not be overly concerned
with outward beauty. Jewelry, like every other
good thing from God, can and has been abused
by carnal man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong To Wear Earrings To Church? by spencerwilliams(m): 7:37pm On Nov 09, 2013
It is wrong 2 put on earings to church to any were it is wrong
Re: Is It Wrong To Wear Earrings To Church? by wazobiaforu(m): 10:01pm On Nov 09, 2013
It's romantic to me when I see married women with it but its looks dirty and cheap to me when I see it with single ladies
Re: Is It Wrong To Wear Earrings To Church? by anibi9674: 12:19am On Nov 10, 2013
Earrnigs bracelets nd its likes r strange gods dat cannt save u in d dayz of ur adversity. Jacob wen goin bak 2 bethel orderd his family members 2 put away dia strange gods nd they did including dia earrings. Bt moses did nt do so nd wen he left dem 4 awhile 2 meet God at mount sinia d pple orderd aaron 2 make 4 them gods they will worship nd he requested 4 dia golds which he made d golden calf. Nd day 4got the lord dia God dat brought dem out of egypt. Nd lots wife rememberd her gold nd looked bak nd turned 2 a pillar of salt
Re: Is It Wrong To Wear Earrings To Church? by kingk(m): 7:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
anibi9674: Earrnigs bracelets nd its likes r strange gods dat cannt save u in d dayz of ur adversity. Jacob wen goin bak 2 bethel orderd his family members 2 put away dia strange gods nd they did including dia earrings. Bt moses did nt do so nd wen he left dem 4 awhile 2 meet God at mount sinia d pple orderd aaron 2 make 4 them gods they will worship nd he requested 4 dia golds which he made d golden calf. Nd day 4got the lord dia God dat brought dem out of egypt. Nd lots wife rememberd her gold nd looked bak nd turned 2 a pillar of salt

@ Anibi, nice write up you gatgrin but the question here is " is it a sin"?
Re: Is It Wrong To Wear Earrings To Church? by anibi9674: 10:24pm On Nov 10, 2013
kingk:

@ Anibi, nice write up you gatgrin but the question here is " is it a sin"?
yes it is a sin.
Re: Is It Wrong To Wear Earrings To Church? by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 11, 2013
anibi9674: Earrnigs bracelets nd its likes r strange gods dat cannt save u in d dayz of ur adversity. Jacob wen goin bak 2 bethel orderd his family members 2 put away dia strange gods nd they did including dia earrings. Bt moses did nt do so nd wen he left dem 4 awhile 2 meet God at mount sinia d pple orderd aaron 2 make 4 them gods they will worship nd he requested 4 dia golds which he made d golden calf. Nd day 4got the lord dia God dat brought dem out of egypt. Nd lots wife rememberd her gold nd looked bak nd turned 2 a pillar of salt
read wat u posted again n u will see dat it wasn't rong until it became a god. There is notin rong wit earrings or jewelries but wen u make it a god in a way dat u cant do witout it dat's wen it's rong and who told u lot's wife remembered her gold dat's y she turned back..lol..pls dont add to d bible o
Re: Is It Wrong To Wear Earrings To Church? by kingk(m): 8:41am On Nov 11, 2013
Elantracey: read wat u posted again n u will dat it wasn't rong until it became a god. There is notin rong wit earrings or jewelries but wen u make it a god in a way dat u cant do witout it dat's wen it's rong and who told u lot's wife remembered her gold dat's y she turned back..lol..pls dont add to d bible o

Nice saying......................

(1) (Reply)

Proof Of God In 5 Minutes. (this If For The Thoughtful) Watch The Video / Why I Prefer Islam Over Christianity / The Bible Says That There Will Be "Pestilences" In The Last Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.