Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,755 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:41 AM

Admission Into Austrian Universities. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Admission Into Austrian Universities. (20491 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / I Need To Book Appointment In Austrian Embassy Abuja, Can Any One Help Please? / How Do You Get A Visa Appointment @ Austrian Embassy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by Juvante(m): 7:01am On Jul 04, 2014
[quote author=ger_gemam]
This Austria of thing is too long jare.. so stressful, see wetin dem send me
The following documents are to be submitted:
1.Completed and signed application form
2.Proof of General University Entrance Qualification (officially legalised original documents or officially legalised copies, both withofficially translation)
3.Proof of German Knowledge
4.Proof of Special University Entrance Qualification (officially legalised original documents or officially legalised copies, both withofficially translation)Proof of Special University Entrance Qualification is not required in the following cases:
•Citizens of EU and EEA countries with a proof of general university entrance qualification irrespective of the country of is-sue;
•Persons who have had their centre of interest in Austria during five continuous years prior to application or who have a per-son, who meets this requirement, obliged to maintain them. Obligation arises for spouses and for parents of children. You have to prove this by submitting a confirmation of registration in Austria, a confirmation of social insurance of the last five years of yourself, your parent or spouse (as a proof of means of subsistence; periods of self-insurance, will not be accepted) and either your birth certificate (parents) or the wedding certificate (spouse).
•Persons who enjoy immunities and privileges in Austria according to regulations under the Austrian Independence Treaty(Staatsvertrag) or under Austrian law (diplomatic staff) as well as their spouses and children (proof: Legitimationskarte/).
•Convention refugees or persons who have a permission to stay in Austria according to the Asylum Act (proof: a valid “Asyl-karte” and the notification of the responsible refugee board)
•Persons who have obtained a secondary school leaving certificate from an Austrian school abroad (Austrian schoolsabroad are for example: St.-Georgs-Kolleg in Istanbul);
•Non-Austrian journalists accredited in Austria with their main working interest in Austria as well as their spouses and chil-dren.
•Persons who receive a study grant according to regulations under the Austrian Independence Treaty or who receive such agrant provided by an Austrian federal, state or local authority
5.Students wishing to continue studies commenced elsewhere at the Vienna University of Technology are required to providea current Iist of the subjects and grades of all examinations taken in the course of previously studies.
6.Applicant’s passport copy[/quote
It seems like you are going for undergraduate studies. It will require a German language certificate.
I will advice you to find out about the University Preparatory Programme in Austria . They have .three schools in Wien, Graz, and Leoben. Just goggle it. If u are interested in that of Leoben , I can assist. Anyway, in the first place, which course are you planning to apply for?
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by tlk2Prince(m): 9:13am On Jul 04, 2014
Yesoooooo its Undergraduate studies nd the course I want to apply for is Computer Science or any Course related to that, The 2nd course I'd like to apply again is Tourism Management
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by gergemam: 10:28pm On Jul 04, 2014
@Juvante.......

No.. I'm not applying for Undergraduate Course.. What i really want to apply for is a Masters Degree and because i'm changing my course to Chemical and BioProcess Engineering/Process Engineering/Petroleum Engineering so i need to do a Preparatory Course for these programs i've mentioned... If you can assist me in doing that, i wouldn't mind...

When I googled Leoben, I browsed through the school and they could be good opportunities there.. Once again, I wouldn't mind. Thanks in Advance
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by Juvante(m): 8:08am On Jul 06, 2014
ger_gemam:
@Juvante.......
No.. I'm not applying for Undergraduate Course.. What i really want to apply for is a Masters Degree and because i'm changing my course to Chemical and BioProcess Engineering/Process Engineering/Petroleum Engineering so i need to do a Preparatory Course for these programs i've mentioned... If you can assist me in doing that, i wouldn't mind...
When I googled Leoben, I browsed through the school and they could be good opportunities there.. Once again, I wouldn't mind. Thanks in Advance
Petroleum engineering can only be studied at MUL. University Preparatory Schools are meant for undergraduates or those deficient in language.
First, what is your first degree and CGPA?
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by gergemam: 9:16am On Jul 06, 2014
Juvante:
Petroleum engineering can only be studied at MUL. University Preparatory Schools are meant for undergraduates or those deficient in language.
First, what is your first degree and CGPA?

Agricultural Engineering and CGPA 3.44
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by Juvante(m): 11:37am On Jul 06, 2014
ger_gemam:
ger_gemam:
ger_gemam:

Your CGPA is excellent but I think your first degree is something that only your school can decide. But I don't think MUL will accept an Agricultural engineer for a MSc Petroleum Engineering. You will have contact them.
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 06, 2014
ger_gemam:

Nice to see an agricultural Engineering Graduate. I'm also in my finals.. Which schl did yu attend and what's ur final year project all about?.

If yu can go into Environmental Engineering or Msc in Civil Engineering, check out Italy schools.
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by gergemam: 9:11pm On Jul 06, 2014
Juvante:

Your CGPA is excellent but I think your first degree is something that only your school can decide. But I don't think MUL will accept an Agricultural engineer for a MSc Petroleum Engineering. You will have contact them.

That CGPA 3.44 is based on 5.00 GPA ooo.... So that's why i need a Preparatory Study for them to admit me for Masters Program

Soyedele1:
Nice to see an agricultural Engineering Graduate. I'm also in my finals.. Which schl did yu attend and what's ur final year project all about?.
If yu can go into Environmental Engineering or Msc in Civil Engineering, check out Italy schools.

I can't lie for you... Most of the schools in Europe might not accept that...

If you wanna further studies in Agricultural Engineering, I guess only UK and US or CANADA schools can admit you cause most of the other countries might not understand what Agricultural Engineering really meant.
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
gergemam:

That CGPA 3.44 is based on 5.00 GPA ooo.... So that's why i need a Preparatory Study for them to admit me for Masters Program

I can't lie for you... Most of the schools in Europe might not accept that...

If you wanna further studies in Agricultural Engineering, I guess only UK and US or CANADA schools can admit you cause most of the other countries might not understand what Agricultural Engineering really meant.

What's ur final year project like?
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by gergemam: 10:11pm On Jul 06, 2014
Soyedele1:

I did something on Meat... Handling and Process
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 07, 2014
gergemam:

I did something on Meat... Handling and Process

Do yu still have the materials bro?
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by gergemam: 9:36pm On Jul 07, 2014
Soyedele1:

Do yu still have the materials bro?

What kinda of Material are you looking for You can search through the internet
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by Juvante(m): 8:58pm On Jul 08, 2014
Soyedele1:

This thread is not for project work! This thread have its purpose,and if you need assistance in your project work , switch to Education forum , or send him a pm.

1 Like

Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by gergemam: 8:45am On Jul 09, 2014
Juvante:
This thread is not for project work! This thread have its purpose,and if you need assistance in your project work , switch to Education forum , or send him a pm.

How far oga mi......
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by Nobody: 12:47am On Apr 04, 2015
Hello house,

with a CGPA of 2.80/5.00, do you i stand a chance of studying in AUSTRIA?

I intend to studying Engineering related courses

Thanks
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 04, 2015
haba no success story in this thread after 4 years, Austria take easy ooo!!!!!!!!!!! nawa ooo since 2012 eh!!!
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by sobastical: 12:15am On Apr 05, 2015
Rayhut:
haba no success story in this thread after 4 years, Austria take easy ooo!!!!!!!!!!! nawa ooo since 2012 eh!!!

Hahahaha. .. dem dey para gan ni o
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by stepo707: 3:21pm On Apr 05, 2015
So far i think its only UK schools that are easy to get admissions overseas. austria is too complicated,australia uses agents throughout
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by nonyowen: 5:05pm On Apr 05, 2015
stepo707:
So far i think its only UK schools that are easy to get admissions overseas. austria is too complicated,australia uses agents throughout

U don't need any agent for anything if u knw wat u doing and d process is not complicated it jst deals wit lots of paper work n requires some mony bt its absolutely straight 4ward
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by stepo707: 5:19pm On Apr 05, 2015
nonyowen:

U don't need any agent for anything if u knw wat u doing and d process is not complicated it jst deals wit lots of paper work n requires some mony bt its absolutely straight 4ward
Are you referring to the austraalian universities?
Please guide me as I don't want to use agent.am ready to do the paper work.
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by nonyowen: 12:53pm On Apr 09, 2015
stepo707:

Are you referring to the austraalian universities?
Please guide me as I don't want to use agent.am ready to do the paper work.

Ok first things what stage are u hav u decided which university and wat course u wana study ?
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by stepo707: 1:27pm On Apr 09, 2015
nonyowen:

Ok first things what stage are u hav u decided which university and wat course u wana study ?

masters in information technology....i read computer science.so far 5 universities have told me that agent bullshits....so if i could know which i could apply to directly without agent
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by nonyowen: 10:41pm On Apr 10, 2015
stepo707:

masters in information technology....i read computer science.so far 5 universities have told me that agent bullshits....so if i could know which i could apply to directly without agent

Wow I'm surprised an Austrian uni said so. Fom my experience all application follow d same process. Pple only use agents bcus its more convenient for Dem. What exactly did they ask u do ?
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by amii131(f): 3:14am On Apr 11, 2015
pls tell me how do I start with d application nd schools that offer medical courses,somehow last year ending I came across writing exams for those medical courses before being admitted how true its DAT?

pls wat sch in Austria major city like Vienna,Salzburg offer health courses like international health,nutrition, healthy policy...u assistance plx.
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by amii131(f): 3:15am On Apr 11, 2015
pls tell me how do I start with d application nd schools that offer medical courses,somehow last year ending I came across writing exams for those medical courses before being admitted how true its DAT?

pls wat sch in Austria major city like Vienna,Salzburg offer health courses like international health,nutrition, healthy policy...u assistance plx.

As for German language am undergoing d course program here in Nigeria.
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by stepo707: 3:19am On Apr 11, 2015
nonyowen:

Wow I'm surprised an Austrian uni said so. Fom my experience all application follow d same process. Pple only use agents bcus its more convenient for Dem. What exactly did they ask u do ?

Not austrian, its australian.BTw have you gotten admitted yet? Any scholarship?
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by nonyowen: 9:07am On Apr 12, 2015
stepo707:

Not austrian, its australian.BTw have you gotten admitted yet? Any scholarship?

This thread is 4 AUSTRIA I won't talk abt Australia here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aero Slashes Fares To N9,999k, To Run May 13th – 31st / South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN / Drunk And Reckless Driver Kills Two In Akwa Ibom (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.