Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! (15314 Views)

Ramadan Fasting Starts Today / Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014 / Boko-Haram Starts Operation-Wear-Himar (Hijab) Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 19, 2012
Insha Allah, we shall start ASHAM prayer today, FASTING begin tomorrow.
What about you?
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by tbaba1234: 8:18am On Jul 19, 2012
Tarawee prayers is called asham?

If the moon is sighted
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by deols(f): 9:49am On Jul 19, 2012
Never heard the word Asham. I only know of ashamu grin

and oh, yes! Ashamu is taraweeh

the moon is not yet sighted. how come you know it is tomorrow @webace
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by maclatunji: 10:05am On Jul 19, 2012
webace: Insha Allah, we shall start ASHAM prayer today, FASTING begin tomorrow.
What about you?

Oh dear! Every year we go through the same routine, "Asham" starts only after you have confirmed that Ramadan has begun and the authentic way of doing that is Sighting the new moon of Ramadan after the 29th day (today) of Shaban has elapsed from Magrib upwards. I am almost certain that I might live to be 100 years old, die and people would still be saying what you posted.

3 Likes

Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by tbaba1234: 10:07am On Jul 19, 2012
^hehe
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by gegee(m): 10:07am On Jul 19, 2012
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by Leemak: 10:13am On Jul 19, 2012
moon is yet to be cited......
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by reloboy(m): 10:14am On Jul 19, 2012
Bump
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by miteolu(m): 10:14am On Jul 19, 2012
[size=14pt]So, temporary end will come Bear parlors, pepper soup joints, hotels attendees. [/size]
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by naffysa(f): 10:16am On Jul 19, 2012
Alhamdulilah WELCOME RAMAHDAN
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 19, 2012
webace: Insha Allah, we shall start ASHAM prayer today, FASTING begin tomorrow.
What about you?

@OP you are not ALLAH mind you. And in 1of the prophet(SAW) sayings He said we should fast when the moon has been sighted and also break our fasting( as in EID) when the moon has been sighted. Today is 29 of Shaban. If the moon is sighted tonight then fasting commence tomorrow but if otherwise then we can count Shaban to be 30 and commence fasting on saturday. Islamically, in this kind of situation we just hope that the moon is sighted today and not to conclude that today is definately last day of any islamic month.

I pray that ALLAH make us get the reward of this noble month in manifold and count all our deeds as an act of IBADAH.

Also thanks for the reminder, may ALLAH bless you.

6 Likes

Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by BeraBera(f): 10:20am On Jul 19, 2012
Assalaamu alaikum! Pls let us preach religious tolerance and love for fellow nigerians during this Ramadan season. The bloodshed is much, and we don't need all this. Say no to boko haram, say yes to true religion and one Nigeria. Alhamdulilahi
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by maclatunji: 10:26am On Jul 19, 2012
tbaba1234: ^hehe

I went to the bank this morning and witnessed this conversation (Paraphrased) .

Banking Officer: Alfaaaaa...
Customer (Alfa): Good morning

BO: Awe n ko (What of fasting)? It will start tomorrow, you will pray Asham today?
Alfa: Errrr... we have not yet sighted the new moon.

BO: But the Boko Harams... Hausas have started theirs yesterday. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Alfa: We don't rely on such, it is dependent on sighting the moon.

Now, this banking officer is a graduate of an higher institution surely and she just said something that is totally false with full confidence. It is when i witness things like that that I seriously feel I have to help to kill the mindless ignorance that people readily embrace- it is very irritating!

There is no where in Nigeria that fasting has started and she has already counted a day for people in the North, shocking! I don't know what her religion is but her ignorance is abysmal!

6 Likes

Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by Freiburger(m): 10:27am On Jul 19, 2012
i'm wishing every Nl muslims members out there a happy ramadam celebration.

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by LagosShia: 10:29am On Jul 19, 2012
[size=14pt]Ashamu aka taraweeh is a bid'ah (misguided innovation) prohibited by the Prophet (sa).people who love bid'ah more than Islamic acts should take note:[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/729659/it-allowed-pray-taraweeh

https://www.nairaland.com/166928/daily-ramadan-midnight-nafilats#11402028
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 19, 2012
deols: Never heard the word Asham. I only know of ashamu grin

and oh, yes! Ashamu is taraweeh

the moon is not yet sighted. how come you know it is tomorrow @webace
We hope the mood will be sighted today.
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by born2boink(m): 10:30am On Jul 19, 2012
Damn, my muslim friends won't go to club for 30 days again, even ashewo no go make profit! embarassed

I don't like going to club alone, I am sad
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by aretedo: 10:31am On Jul 19, 2012
amin
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by Otunba009: 10:31am On Jul 19, 2012
May Allah give us the streight and health to perform or observe this act of ibadah ..AMEEN...Ramadan Kareem to all Muslim faithful.
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by maclatunji: 10:32am On Jul 19, 2012
LagosShia: Ashamu aka taraweeh is a bid'ah prohibited by the Prophet (sa).people who love bid'ah more than Islamic acts should take note:

https://www.nairaland.com/729659/it-allowed-pray-taraweeh

https://www.nairaland.com/166928/daily-ramadan-midnight-nafilats#11402028

LMFSO! LWKMD! LOL!
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by Bella3(f): 10:33am On Jul 19, 2012
Tank God oh. Atleast for like a month, no bomb.
Alhamdulila.

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by newacca: 10:33am On Jul 19, 2012
MAA-SHA ALLAH! smiley cheesy
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by julioralph(m): 10:34am On Jul 19, 2012
what about those Boko boys up north? will dey partake as-well? grin
but on a more serious note, Islamic leaders shud call their boys in the north to order!
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 19, 2012
Its high time that people in the south stop fixing date for ramadan there are notable scholars and the problems has not been fixed.
Get it now and act on it fasting start when the moon is sighted on 29th of shaaban but if it is not sighted then we pray taraweeh on 30th of shaaban thereby commence our fasting.
An hadith of the prophet says and I quote
Saomu li ruuyati wa aftaar li ruuyati fa ingama fakamilu shaabn
Meaning start ur fasting when the moon is sighted and stop the fasting too on the sighting of the moon but incase the moon is not sighted then count ur shaaba to be thirty
May Allah give us the health and wealth to perform the fasting with dedication and may he give us the full reward of ramadan amin
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 19, 2012
Wizeboy: What is your gain in condemning other people's believe, or do they ask you not to serve your God? The bold word show that you are not tolerance in your believe, did your religion ask you to discriminate or judge other people believe... When people reply your dumb comment now, they will be saying Muslims in intolerance, smh
they have hidden ur post good they have hidden ur ignorance but u have Allah to contest with continue bastardising Islam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Directory Of Islamic Websites / Sunni Muslims Protest Kim Kardashian's Visit To Bahrain / Things That Benefit The Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.