Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,710 members, 7,844,344 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! (15332 Views)

Ramadan Fasting Starts Today / Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014 / Boko-Haram Starts Operation-Wear-Himar (Hijab) Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 19, 2012
sylve11: Rain dey fall anyhow for hia, so moon go still come out? shocked shocked cool
Sure, just be vigilant. If you didn't sightd the moon but 3 male confirmed they've sighted the moon, start fasting.
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by emsquare(m): 7:29pm On Jul 19, 2012
maclatunji:

Oh dear! Every year we go through the same routine, "Asham" starts only after you have confirmed that Ramadan has begun and the authentic way of doing that is Sighting the new moon of Ramadan after the 29th day (today) of Shaban has elapsed from Magrib upwards. I am almost certain that I might live to be 100 years old, die and people would still be saying what you posted.

Hahahaha! Life for you...
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by darlingbas(m): 7:57pm On Jul 19, 2012
@topic, ok noted
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by deols(f): 8:37pm On Jul 19, 2012
Taraweeh was observed in Saudi tonight. But that doesnt mean that fasting would start in Nigeria tomorrow. The people of Nigeria are expected to listen to their own leaders before they commence their fasting. wa Allahu a'lam
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by maclatunji: 8:42pm On Jul 19, 2012
deols: Taraweeh was observed in Saudi tonight. But that doesnt mean that fasting would start in Nigeria tomorrow. The people of Nigeria are expected to listen to their own leaders before they commence their fasting. wa Allahu a'lam

I am tempted to ask why you made this post when you knew the bolded.
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by attitude1: 10:14pm On Jul 19, 2012
Moon sighted. Sultan announced the commencement of ramadan in Nigeria. Source: NTA
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by maclatunji: 10:15pm On Jul 19, 2012
maclatunji: Salam Alaykum, I can confirm that we have genuine reports that the moon has been sighted. This has been announced by the Sultan of Sokoto, you can tune in to NTA and FRCN to get more details. Ramadan Kareem there's absolutely no doubt that tomorrow is the first of Ramadan and we all have to observe our fast with intention of fasting in this holy month for 29 or 30 days. Please, share the news amongst other Muslims.

Once again, Ramadan Kareem

This is confirmed!
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by isalegan2: 6:42am On Jul 20, 2012
Good for those of you in Naija. We've been told in North America that the new moon has not been sighted here as of Thursday (7/19) night - Ramadan has not begun here. undecided
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by maclatunji: 9:51am On Jul 20, 2012
isale_gan2: Good for those of you in Naija. We've been told in North America that the new moon has not been sighted here as of Thursday (7/19) night - Ramadan has not begun here. undecided

No wahala, wait until you sight it in North America. Ramadan Kareem to you in advance. It happens like that sometimes.
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by deols(f): 10:34am On Jul 20, 2012
maclatunji:

I am tempted to ask why you made this post when you knew the bolded.

to inform those who didnt know the bolded
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 21, 2012
born2fuck: Damn, my muslim friends won't go to club for 30 days again, even ashewo no go make profit! embarassed

I don't like going to club alone, I am sad

Must you bring sex into everything?

Nonsense!
Re: Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! by maclatunji: 9:47am On Jul 21, 2012
deols:

to inform those who didnt know the bolded

Ok, maybe we might have talked about it more if Friday night had turned-out differently. There is no longer a need to discuss it at this point.

Thank you for your response though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Things That Benefit The Dead / Sunni Muslims Protest Kim Kardashian's Visit To Bahrain / A Directory Of Islamic Websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.