Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms (14363 Views)

Kaduna Pupils Eat El-rufai's Free Food On The Floors Of Their Classrooms (PICS) / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions / Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by Phemour: 4:25pm On Jul 19, 2012
The pioneer students of Federal University Dutse who commenced registration on wednesday at the university take off site will be taking their lectures in a spacious and air -conditioned class rooms, a feat which is rare in most public university for undergraduate students in Nigeria.

This was contained in a press release signed by public relations officer of the university, Mallam Abdullahi, copy of which was made available to Daily Triumph in Dutse

The air-conditioned class rooms was shown to journalist by the Vice-Chancellor of Federal University Dutse, Professor Jibrilla Dahiru Amin( OFR) when he took journalists on facility tour of the university on wednesday after he performed a symbolic registration of a student in the faculty of Agriculture.

Prof. Amin told journalists that they have admitted 250 students and employed 43 academic staff for the five courses the university is taking off with.

“The University is taking off with three Faculties and a School of General and Entrepreneurial studies. They are the Faculty Agriculture, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences and Faculty of Science. Faculty of Agriculture will offer Bsc Agric (Bachelor of Agriculture), Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences will offer B.A. English and B.SC Criminology while Faculty of Science offers B.SC Mathematics and B.SC Microbiology.

He said the university has put in place facilities that will create the enabling and conducive environment for learning for the students like the dedicated air- condition classrooms,a well-furnished hostel accommodation, a brand new Sick-Bay, e-library, a completed, spacious and well-furnished Physics, Chemistry and Biology laboratories, a functional Computer centre with complete internet facilities for the use of staff and students, four standby generators, functional water system with several boreholes and sporting facilities.

The VC informed journalist that the matriculation of the pioneer students comes up August 1, 2012.

Source: http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/other-sections/education/172138
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by Odunnu: 5:34pm On Jul 19, 2012
Good start. Hope they maintain this tempo

1 Like

Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by Phemour: 6:10pm On Jul 19, 2012
For sure dey will.
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by Odunnu: 6:57pm On Jul 19, 2012
You sound certain.
We generally lack a maintainance culture in this country especially, where public property is

4 Likes

Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by Phemour: 7:47pm On Jul 19, 2012
You r ryt...lets watch n c. Hw r u?
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by Ignatio(m): 8:14pm On Jul 19, 2012
Let's give them 8-10 years.
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by Olaone1: 8:15pm On Jul 19, 2012
AC powered by coal or turbine?

Or PHCN?
You are having a laugh undecided
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by Tstark(m): 8:16pm On Jul 19, 2012
Ignatio: Let's give them 8-10 years.

I'm thinking 2-3 years

1 Like

Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by onatisi(m): 8:17pm On Jul 19, 2012
Odunnu: Good start. Hope they maintain this tempo
for where?wait and see after 6months
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by phrankar(f): 8:18pm On Jul 19, 2012
And Ʊ‎​ think this can be maintained in a public sch? ℓ̊ doubt it.........nt in Nigeria sha cos we really lack Maintenance culture.
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by Acidosis(m): 8:19pm On Jul 19, 2012
Interesting. Hope they'll maitain it

1 Like

Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by ebamma(m): 8:23pm On Jul 19, 2012
finally we hear a goodnews coming out of northern nigeria
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by lacasa: 8:24pm On Jul 19, 2012
This is d kind of news we want ϯo hear of.
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by lacasa: 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2012
ebamma: finally we hear a goodnews coming out of northern nigeria

Nigeria as a whole sef
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by DExplorer1: 8:30pm On Jul 19, 2012
A.C powered lecture room? That's new but good if only the students won't sell them. I wonder if they have the structures to maintain this standard. Make e no bi just gra gra
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by Faraidi(m): 8:30pm On Jul 19, 2012
you people are enemies of progress. Bunch of useless and foolish people

2 Likes

Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 19, 2012
Na today?
by the way, forgive my curioiusity, is the AC running 24/7 ? or you take some lectures in an airconditioned atmosphere while the next one in a hot and fussy atmosphere? cuz i dont see PHCN cooperating with this kind of arrangement!
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 19, 2012
Na today?
by the way, forgive my curioiusity, is the AC running 24/7 ? or you take some lectures in an airconditioned atmosphere while the next one in a hot and fussy atmosphere? cuz i dont see PHCN cooperating with this kind of arrangement!
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by tonmandy(m): 8:31pm On Jul 19, 2012
NEITHER GLORIOUS OR POETIC
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by gigz31: 8:32pm On Jul 19, 2012
Hahaha.. Na today this will not last long very soon it will come down to classrooms with ceiling fans and then classrooms with no windows.

2 Likes

Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by Ninapha(f): 8:33pm On Jul 19, 2012
ebamma: finally we hear a goodnews coming out of northern nigeria
Na u call am gudnews. Boko boys call am 'haram' may dey no vex go bomb d school. Amen.
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by Biggysmalls919(m): 8:36pm On Jul 19, 2012
Ninapha: Na u call am gudnews. Boko boys call am 'haram' may dey no vex go bomb d school. Amen.
exactly, boko haram has been invited to dinner
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by GboyegaD(m): 8:37pm On Jul 19, 2012
The pioneer students of Federal University Dutse who commenced registration on wednesday at the university take off site will be taking their lectures in a spacious and air -conditioned class rooms, a feat which is rare in most public university for undergraduate students in Nigeria.

This was contained in a press release signed by public relations officer of the university, Mallam Abdullahi, copy of which was made available to Daily Triumph in Dutse

The air-conditioned class rooms was shown to journalist by the Vice-Chancellor of Federal University Dutse, Professor Jibrilla Dahiru Amin( OFR) when he took journalists on facility tour of the university on wednesday after he performed a symbolic registration of a student in the faculty of Agriculture.

Prof. Amin told journalists that they have admitted 250 students and employed 43 academic staff for the five courses the university is taking off with.

“The University is taking off with three Faculties and a School of General and Entrepreneurial studies. They are the Faculty Agriculture, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences and Faculty of Science. Faculty of Agriculture will offer Bsc Agric (Bachelor of Agriculture), Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences will offer B.A. English and B.SC Criminology while Faculty of Science offers B.SC Mathematics and B.SC Microbiology.

He said the university has put in place facilities that will create the enabling and conducive environment for learning for the students like the dedicated air- condition classrooms,a well-furnished hostel accommodation, a brand new Sick-Bay, e-library, a completed, spacious and well-furnished Physics, Chemistry and Biology laboratories, a functional Computer centre with complete internet facilities for the use of staff and students, four standby generators, functional water system with several boreholes and sporting facilities.

The VC informed journalist that the matriculation of the pioneer students comes up August 1, 2012.

The boldened got me laughing. Abeg, we get tokunbo sick bay? Besides, why not a health center because my understanding of sick bay is not befitting enough for a university since we should expect a geometric increase in the number of students admitted in the next one to two academic sessions.
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by SuyaEater(m): 8:37pm On Jul 19, 2012
AC Wey i dey take for granted here na big deal in naija...chei na wa ooo...its like generator being a big deal in naija but here its useless shocked
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 19, 2012
I guess its time for boko haram guys to go back to school!
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by Afam4eva(m): 8:41pm On Jul 19, 2012
I give them just 3 years.
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by sexyglow(f): 8:42pm On Jul 19, 2012
B.Sc in Criminology that's so nice,hope the ACs will be serviced,maintained & replaced when necessary because we lack continuety & maintenance culture here in Nigeria.
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by economia: 8:44pm On Jul 19, 2012
D-Explorer:
A.C powered lecture room? That's new but good if only the students won't sell them. I wonder if they have the structures to maintain this standard. Make e no bi just gra gra
no bi gra gra, na initial gra gra.
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by DualCore1: 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2012
SuyaEater: AC Wey i dey take for granted here na big deal in naija...chei na wa ooo...its like generator being a big deal in naija but here its useless shocked
Ok

Back to something serious and "unsilly" ... the topic:
Those ACs, bad choice. Short-lived show-off.
Fans, good choice. Fans are easily maintainable and are less likely to be vandalized.
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by Kayday(m): 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2012
Kwara tech in those days used to have fully airconditioned labs and the lecture theater(centrally powered). I'm sure the current students will never believe. That's Nigeria for u.

2 Likes

Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by DualCore1: 8:49pm On Jul 19, 2012
sexy glow: B.Sc in Criminology that's so nice.
Outside this country we would expect one of their cliches to be: "to catch a thief you have to think like a thief".

The equivalent of that cliche in the Dutse Uni may likely be: "to catch a thief, you have to be a thief or follow them as friends on twitter!"

Just saying...
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by economia: 8:53pm On Jul 19, 2012
dirtymoney: Na today?
i thinj the room have enough windows. Even if there is power to enjoy it, the rooms will soon be overpopulated; hence the windows vandalized.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Impact Of Good Academic Grades And Personal Qualities On labour Market Success / NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration / Kazeem Jimoh Wins 2019 UNESCO MAB Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.