Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms (14366 Views)

Kaduna Pupils Eat El-rufai's Free Food On The Floors Of Their Classrooms (PICS) / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions / Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by olu4life(m): 11:43pm On Jul 19, 2012
Temistatics 007: which classrooms are those,hope you aren't talking of the JOA'S cos the AC's were installed for functionaries.
Truely thats the function but was first used during lecture hours. As time went on,they stopped it,also heard it was faulty
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by jephiano: 11:48pm On Jul 19, 2012
Really this isnt something to celebrate.....we are not being 'haters' by saying this. My Alma mater (RSUST, Port Harcourt) had classrooms with AC in the '80s but around 2003 it was ranked as the worst University in Nigeria.
Thats why i find it pretty pathetic that government is planning to build six new universities and some governors are offering free education. I think government should equip the existing universities instead. Some months ago, some PHD students visited the industrial lab i work in to see a Gas Chromatograph(GC). They had never seen it before. Imagine! These are Phd students o! They know all the operating principles and theories but could easily damage it if asked to operate it.
I mean, Nigerian undergraduates, aint u guys tired of reading about and learning the theoretic principles of the important instruments and equipments in your respective fields?
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by logica(m): 11:58pm On Jul 19, 2012
Obafemi Awolowo University,University of Lagos, etc etc all had AC lecture theaters when they took off.
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by raySHUFFLE: 12:00am On Jul 20, 2012
What's the capital of dutse sef?
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by ibhena(m): 12:10am On Jul 20, 2012
Na, Professor J.D. Amin! Trust him, the man has an excellent record. He was one time Vice Chancellor UNIMAID! Students and some staff cried when he completed his tenure and was leaving. He refused a second term. His records were simply excellent! And he has a good heart! I have no doubt that Federal University Dutse will be outstanding!!! God bless Prof. J.D Amin.

1 Like

Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by linearity: 12:14am On Jul 20, 2012
na IGG - Initial Gra Gra.

report back in 6 months...
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by ibhena(m): 12:17am On Jul 20, 2012
raySHUFFLE: What's the capital of dutse sef?
Dutse is the capital of Jigawa State na, bros! Na Umukuru Community School you go? (States and capitals na)...lol just joking!
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by KOLOMISIY(f): 1:05am On Jul 20, 2012
Wonders shall never end
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by greatgod2012(f): 1:54am On Jul 20, 2012
lets hope it works out well, naija,i hail thee!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by WebSurfer(m): 2:06am On Jul 20, 2012
Phemour: You r ryt...lets watch n c. Hw r u?
because ₪Å̶̷̩̥͡ babe now, Ʊ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥Y ask how ǻr̲̅є̲̣̣̣̥ Ʊ.. Smh
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by Jmarcus(m): 2:36am On Jul 20, 2012
I also hope the management n student would play their role in maintaining these facilities. It could not be abused by over utilization.
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by DExplorer1: 2:52am On Jul 20, 2012
Pinoralia: Every normal things that they 've using in other developing countries are luxuries in Nigeria in the face of liquid wealth that surrounds us. I don't wish the school bad oh but they won't maintain it. That's just the fact. М̣̣̇Ɣ alma mata (Unilorin) has some dead central AC outdoor unit behind some lecture theatres. I heard they were working in the '70s. Why are they not serviced and replaced. It's not like this in the western world. No university in Nigeria is 70 years old. There are 500years old universities in Europe and N.America with well maintained facilities and learning equipment. Nigeria has still have a long way to G̶̲̥̅̊Θ. I wish her well sha.

On point.

You Need To Read These! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

21 Reasons He Hasn't Proposed to You Yet

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

16 Raw but Bitter Truths Ladies Must Know
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by DExplorer1: 2:54am On Jul 20, 2012
dkolu: There is nothing spectacular about receiving lecture in ac rooms it is a common thing in the university of ibadan even some of the common rooms and reading rooms have ac so wat is d fuss all about.

It's happening in the North!

You Need To Read These! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by DExplorer1: 2:59am On Jul 20, 2012
pro01: If dem like make them put deep freezer filled with Rozay and Ace of Spades for all the classrooms, malo students no fit learn anything. Those daft fools are destined to be Jihadists, beggars, criminal 'herdsmen', suicide bombers, Almajiris, and terrorists. No amount of A/C in their classrooms can ever facilitate the permeation of sense into their brains.

Be a Nigerian, why the word-war on the North.

Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by Nobody: 3:28am On Jul 20, 2012
what about Boko Haram
Ola one: AC powered by coal or turbine?

Or PHCN?
You are having a laugh undecided
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by yhygajo(m): 5:35am On Jul 20, 2012
Am proud of my Governor,more greese to your elbow sirrr,even though its a FG project I still hail you sirrr.
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by bigx(m): 6:59am On Jul 20, 2012
Old News, I had Air-Conditioned classes and labs at my department in UNIPORT (Petroleum Engineering) years back.
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by sasonel(m): 7:07am On Jul 20, 2012
ohhkayyy.........
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by megawax8: 7:21am On Jul 20, 2012
My skul stil has sum airconditioned classrooms bt i've neva sin dem work.......theirs is evn a funny situation,so mani factors,bad management or perhaps,it takes jst a poly bag of locally made explosives to make em stop workin or make pple stop carin if dey work......dutse is in JIGAWA na!!
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by Myself2(m): 8:48am On Jul 20, 2012
So what?
AC lecture halls is not enough incentive to lure students into a Boko enclave
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by sheyguy: 9:02am On Jul 20, 2012
Air-conditioned classrooms with incompetent, lazy, corrupt lecturers and zero laboratories will still produce the same kind of result we are used to. Public schs shld borrow a leaf from their thriving private counterparts where NUC team are always on their neck.
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by Deekaydadon(m): 11:44am On Jul 20, 2012
phrankar: And Ʊ‎​ think this can be maintained in a public sch? ℓ̊ doubt it.........nt in Nigeria sha cos we really lack Maintenance culture.
u seriously believe that??
U shud visit University of Ibadan some time and see for urself....most lecture theatres are air conditioned
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by mikeapollo: 1:20pm On Jul 20, 2012
Can they maintain the air-conditioning system?

The first set of lectures rooms in OAU(Ife) were constructed with central cooling systems. But high overheads and lack of maintenance culture has made them moribound!
Even it has become difficult to maintain cooling fans in a lot of schools
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by vilively: 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2012
All federal unis had air cons at some points in their existence......don't worry give dutse 10yrs
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:53pm On Jul 20, 2012
sorry but how is this news?

sucks to go to crap schools. how can airconditioning be a big deal for a school?

FFS UNILAG LAW and some other departments always had fully airconditioned 24/7 lecture halls na.
practically every federal uni that has admins with sense has stand out departments where things are sane, including air conditioned lecture halls.
Mchew

well sha,this are d same pple applauding MAUlag tinz, no wonder they don't understand.
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by Skmoda360(m): 7:37pm On Jul 20, 2012
ebamma: finally we hear a goodnews coming out of northern nigeria
yeah, u'r makin a point
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 20, 2012
Pictures or it didn't happen angry
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by Emperor5c(m): 12:34am On Jul 21, 2012
Who even nids an AC lecture hall in UNN?? Wot Bartho Okolo(v.c) nids is an all flowered lecture hall.
U nid 2 see dis man‘s mad obsession wif flowers.
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by MayorOgwo(m): 11:03am On Jul 21, 2012
This is a welcome development in our tertiary educational system, but such gesture should be extended to all Federal and State Universities in Nigeria, so as not to rob Peter to pay Paul. Dutse is in the North, what happens to the same Universities that was granted licence with Federal University of Dutse, do they have such facilities? Or do their funding different from that of Dutse? However, it is a good start only if the management will be able to maintain it.
Re: Federal University Dutse Has Air-Conditioned Classrooms by ibhena(m): 8:44pm On Jul 22, 2012
Mayor Ogwo: This is a welcome development in our tertiary educational system, but such gesture should be extended to all Federal and State Universities in Nigeria, so as not to rob Peter to pay Paul. Dutse is in the North, what happens to the same Universities that was granted licence with Federal University of Dutse, do they have such facilities? Or do their funding different from that of Dutse? However, it is a good start only if the management will be able to maintain it.
All new universities were given take-off grants. How they use it is left to them!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Impact Of Good Academic Grades And Personal Qualities On labour Market Success / Kogi State University SUG Organises Massive Protest On April 26th / Kazeem Jimoh Wins 2019 UNESCO MAB Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.