Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School (14259 Views)

Bishop Of Abuja Catholic Archdiocese, In A Handshake With Buhari On Xmas Day / Bomb Discovered At INEC Office In Owerri / Undetonated Civil-War Bomb Discovered In Imo (2) (3) (4)

Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by OAM4J: 1:28am On Jul 21, 2012
Police foil bomb attack on Abuja Catholic school

The men of the bomb disposal units of the Nigeria Police on Thursday foiled a bomb attack on St. Alloysius Schools, Area 3, Garki, Abuja.

A security man, who briefed the Head Teacher of the schools, Sister Philomena Akem, said the item was planted under a mango tree near where pupils buy biscuits and other items after school.

According to the security man, a woman who saw the bag became curious and called the attention of the church security personnel to the strange item.

He said when the security personnel found the object they in turn called the policemen on duty at the St. Alloysius Catholic Arch Diocese to the bomb.

He added that the policemen alerted the bomb disposal unit which came in to defuse the device.

It was learnt that the incident caused a serious panic among parents, residents and passersby around the area while the police team cordoned off the road to prevent access to the device during the operation to defuse it.

The head teacher of the school, who was just arriving the school from a meeting confirmed the disturbing incident to our correspondent.

She said one of her members of staff called her during to tell her about the incident.

She said the management of the school had alerted the Development Control of the Federal Capital Territory on the need to close a portion of the road where the vast Catholic Church and the schools are located.

She said the development had sent some of its personnel to the school to take a look at the road in response to the school’s petition on Wednesday.

Also, the Chairman of the Parents Teachers Association of the Schoool, Dr. James Agbonhese confirmed the incident to our correspondent.

He said the PTA and the Security Committee which comprises security operatives were taking measures to strengthen security in the schools.

He was full of thanks to God that the device was discovered by the woman who quickly called attention to it.

http://www.punchng.com/news/police-foil-bomb-attack-on-abuja-catholic-school/

Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by ektbear: 1:33am On Jul 21, 2012
bombing children sad

Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by Nobody: 1:37am On Jul 21, 2012
Hmnn
Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by icez: 1:52am On Jul 21, 2012
Its all those aboki that sell things under trees. angry

Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by kerijay(m): 1:56am On Jul 21, 2012
Make them hold the aboki when dey sell things o
Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by tonmandy(m): 1:58am On Jul 21, 2012
Too bad. Some people ve really sold themselves to d devil. Wen i heard people saying dat atleast there would be no bomb blast durin d fastin period,i normal remain calm cos last year ramadan,there were series of bomb attacks. God please save ur children. Guide our goin out nd coming in. Amen

Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by icez: 2:02am On Jul 21, 2012
aboki! aboki!! aboki!!!

Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by kennysalaht: 2:05am On Jul 21, 2012
God Help Us In This Country Oooooooo,2 Bad.
Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by Nobody: 2:06am On Jul 21, 2012
bomb bomb bomb. i hope am not watching 24 season 9 naija version shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by kennysalaht: 2:06am On Jul 21, 2012
God Help Us In This Country Oooooooo,2 Bad.
Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by waja(m): 2:07am On Jul 21, 2012
Is that how to celebrate the Ramadan? Instead of fasting. They are planting bombs.
Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by greatgod2012(f): 2:13am On Jul 21, 2012
trying to bomb children, this's serious, wickedness with no higher level,haba, d fear of god is d beginning of wisdom, even in ramadan, and funny enough, those abokis will claim they are fasting, fasting indeed!

Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by StarrMatthieu: 2:19am On Jul 21, 2012
Good job!
Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by legendsilver(m): 2:20am On Jul 21, 2012
God is watching dis evil wonders been executed in naija.

Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by Nobody: 3:11am On Jul 21, 2012
..Sick Bastarrds...Bombing Little Girls.
Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by Dosoq(f): 3:45am On Jul 21, 2012
Des r d signs of end time,christians,beware.......he dat tinks he stands,take heed lest he falls

Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by Onibaba16: 3:46am On Jul 21, 2012
At the end of their word, they will say they are fight for their god, who can fight on behave of god foolish people.
Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by ariyebaba(m): 3:49am On Jul 21, 2012
Every right thinking Nigerians reject this...............................

O GOD HELP US !
Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by mordz: 3:58am On Jul 21, 2012
I dont think these are nigerians. Some outside force is trying to divide nigeria. look to Israel, U.S.

Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by sammisra: 4:35am On Jul 21, 2012
waja: Is that how to celebrate the Ramadan? Instead of fasting. They are planting bombs.
I dont where i start to tell u what muslim take ramadan in their heart i swear with the god who ordred us to fasting and the sake of our first fasting truly cant do that the only problem we have we divide into the thing u cant count but there is one thats is true.
Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by sammisra: 4:38am On Jul 21, 2012
Every one behind this ya allah show him to us before this 30 belessed days ameem
Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by AbdulAdam56(m): 4:49am On Jul 21, 2012
All dis bokoharams boys they stil existsfrankly a real muslim can't do such thing in dis month,are dis boko harams or :-XAll dis bokoharams boys they stil existsfrankly a real muslim can't do such thing in dis month,are dis boko harams or
Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by ganye1: 4:51am On Jul 21, 2012
I suspect that the church might have planned this in order to have the road they are agitating to be closed closed.

Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by Ndalimam: 4:56am On Jul 21, 2012
embarassed very bad inded may Allah show those people who are responsible in this act.
Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by dasparrow: 4:57am On Jul 21, 2012
mordz: I dont think these are nigerians. Some outside force is trying to divide nigeria. look to Israel, U.S.

Whoever is trying to destroy Nigeria be it U.S, UK, Israel, other Africans, whoever, may God expose them in Jesus name, amen. That school is my younger sibling's alma mater.

Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by iHustle(m): 5:00am On Jul 21, 2012
ganye1: I suspect that the church might have planned this in order to have the road they are agitating to be closed closed.

Woe betide you, you native goat! You don't even deserve to be called a goat, slowpoke!

Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by Tropilo(m): 5:03am On Jul 21, 2012
waja: Is that how to celebrate the Ramadan? Instead of fasting. They are planting bombs.

Mosquito dey fast? So if mosquito talk say e dey fast u go believe am, baa? Ok o!
Mosquito must always draw blood. That na why anytime u see am, clap am to death. Das all!

Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by ganye1: 5:04am On Jul 21, 2012
sammisra: I dont where i start to tell u what muslim take ramadan in their heart i swear with the god who ordred us to fasting and the sake of our first fasting truly cant do that .
even you swear Million times they will still tell you it is the work of Muslim. Is their anywhere in the story where the bombing was linked to Muslims that made them to arrive at such conclusio? If with all the evidence of christians bombing churches they still think, without evidence, that it is Muslims who planted the bomb you cannot convince them that this has nothing to do with Islam.

Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by Caseless: 5:08am On Jul 21, 2012
Onibaba16: At the end of their word, they will say they are fight for their god, who can fight on behave of god foolish people.
i taya o! Hep me ask dem. Islam 4bade kilin of children and women durin warfare. Dose guyz ar snots.
Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by ganye1: 5:10am On Jul 21, 2012
iHustle:

Woe betide you, you native goat! You don't even deserve to be called a goat, slowpoke!
I have no time for people who are badly brought up.
Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by Blofeld(m): 5:14am On Jul 21, 2012
Kayusfity: bomb bomb bomb. i hope am not watching 24 season 9 naija version shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

.. and you are Jack Bauer!
Re: Bomb Discovered In Abuja Catholic School by elitejosef: 5:20am On Jul 21, 2012
plz this muslim people should stop deciving dem self n tell they want ramadan blood, God will disgrace all ur long beard.

It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! / Security Officer, 6 Others Nabbed For Dealing In Cocaine / Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9?