Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? (10601 Views)

15 Keyboard Shortcuts Every Computer Geek Should Know / Windows 10: Microsoft Is Recording EVERYTHING You Type, But Here's How To Stop I / How To Make Computer Speak What You Type (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by wildguy(m): 12:31am On Jul 22, 2012
As at 6 yrs ago my average speed was 123wpm. Am faster now cuz take like 3 - 5 seconds to complete a line in MS-WORD grin
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by llouis: 3:41am On Jul 22, 2012
Maybe we should challenge each other at www.typeracer.com

Seeing is believing.

If you are ready, drop your typeracer id. I am waitinggg!!!!!!!!!

one would think that with my eye-to-hand coordination i have acquired over the decades with playing the keyboard and using manual, electronic typewriters and the computer keyboard i would be able to show myself on that typing site, there i was doing between 70 and 90 words per minute, whilst my "mates" were doing twice as much as that, am beginning to wonder whether some people have more hands than i do...maybe its because i strive for accuracy over speed, as i hate going back into my past to correct errors (ever tried removing errors on the manual typewriter and u'd understand why my dad taught us back then that accuracy was what he preferred over speed)...

but still people doing 150 words per minute comfortably, i didn't know there were so many of them out there sha...
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Blofeld(m): 4:31am On Jul 22, 2012
Acidosis: The last time I checked mavis, I had 97 wpm. I get irritated when I see people typing and at the same time searching for keyboard keys.
It all depends on your mastery of the keyboard. Your comment is not verified and you dont have to brag here. No offence buddy!
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by ektbear: 5:30am On Jul 22, 2012
I'm not that fast...i'm guessing 60 or something
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by realpeople: 5:48am On Jul 22, 2012
How much do I make from this cos my speed is between 512 and 514WPM

1 Like

Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by omartins(m): 6:28am On Jul 22, 2012
Majority of pple who comment here use Mavis Beacon. Have u ever typed under tension such has exam? Sweating under AC? Where u know ur exam score after 3min? Am a professional secretary, I run speed and type dictation @ d speed of 120 wpm which is d highest speed a professional can be tested. 450, 400, 300 wpm(words per minutes) scared me o, never heard dat in d history of typing not even a transcribing machine.
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by dealordea(m): 6:28am On Jul 22, 2012
This is really a sweet topic, have been looking for a way to know how fast I am even though I started using the computer in the late 90s, when ever people see me type, they always ask if I learn how to type before using the computer but honestly, key board was made easy for to type. I think I will check how fast I am when I get on computer..am very sure I will beat all scores.
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by yommy2sure(m): 8:18am On Jul 22, 2012
My speed is way above average...started typing on the manual computer then in my aunt's shop when i was still in primary school, who remembers the typewriting chart...i covered it front and back more than twice...I always get above 90 with Mavis...typing fast is fun.
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by DECOtech(m): 10:25am On Jul 22, 2012
Nickydrake: I suck on the pc alright. But with T9 prediction on me alphanumeric keypad? Fast enough to make your jaw drop tongue
mobile chat champion!
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by DECOtech(m): 10:28am On Jul 22, 2012
realpeople: How much do I make from this cos my speed is between 512 and 514WPM
fakepeople
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by trulyspeaking: 12:13pm On Jul 22, 2012
hammedkola: Let us all goto [size=15pt]http://www.typeracer.com[/size] and we race each other. And to know each other, make use of the same username here

thanks for the link to typeracer.com i need to improve my speed average is 60WPM
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Elebiju: 12:36pm On Jul 22, 2012
Nickydrake: I suck on the pc alright. But with T9 prediction on me alphanumeric keypad? Fast enough to make your jaw drop tongue
guy na t9 be the thing o I fit challenge u on t9,I've been using it since 2007
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by jspac(m): 12:54pm On Jul 22, 2012
Haha me too.
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by DECOtech(m): 1:04pm On Jul 22, 2012
e be like say that mumu de take me learn how to ban.

...well, I forgive u.
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 22, 2012
wetin u do nau ?
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by lahips: 2:43pm On Jul 23, 2012
38WPM, will keep progressing, this score was as at last week friday when i was bored and thought to test my typing skills.
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by swaggerific: 3:59pm On Jul 23, 2012
This is moi!

Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by olamathins(m): 12:59am On Jul 24, 2012
I actually hate typing but my job demands writing alot. I use a software to do my typings (including online chating), so i do not need to worry about my typing speed. The software i use is 95% spelling accurate, so i've got very tiny editing to do after i dictate to my computer. I encourage you to get the software, i get the typing done as fast as i talk. the name of the software is dnsvoicerecognition (though very expensive) or you can text me for more detail about the software. 08051196087
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Nobody: 5:41am On Jul 24, 2012
Abeg, tell us in advance, how much make we pay?
Absolutical Nonensical (excuse my language)
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by swaggerific: 3:43pm On Jul 24, 2012
olamathins: I actually hate typing but my job demands writing alot. I use a software to do my typings (including online chating), so i do not need to worry about my typing speed. The software i use is 95% spelling accurate, so i've got very tiny editing to do after i dictate to my computer. I encourage you to get the software, i get the typing done as fast as i talk. the name of the software is dnsvoicerecognition (though very expensive) or you can text me for more detail about the software. 08051196087

Does the software understand my thick Obasanjo-like accent? lol
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by olamathins(m): 2:37pm On Jul 25, 2012
It does not cost too much, i got it for $180. You can go get it online. but sorry it does not have a trial version but rather a money back guarantee.

Your accent notwithstanding, provided you can pronounce your words well. Mine also is not a "queen pronunciation" i could have increased the accuracy to 97%. I talk to the software as i would talk to a friend and yet I have 95%. I have few extra keys I got (4 to be specific, company package) to share 3 out of them with friends here for a give away price for those who can. Text me on 08051196087 to know if it still available, if not you go get it online, the name of the software is "dnsvoicerecognition"; it is rated the best voice recognition in the world. I no be their reseller o, i just got extra keys because company package is sold at better price than single. regard
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by drumma(m): 11:46pm On Jul 25, 2012
typeracer.... my id is danaughtiest wanna race? hit me up
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by firstdolphin: 9:15am On Jul 26, 2012
any body wanna race me? click on this: http://play.typeracer.com/?rt=trdanaughtiest
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by swaggerific: 1:13am On Jul 29, 2012
drumma: typeracer.... my id is danaughtiest wanna race? hit me up

Hell yea...lets go!
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by olamathins(m): 7:21pm On Aug 17, 2012
webdezzi: i need help with typing, 4 times have i tried, mavis, tyingspeed, name it. i always give up after 3 days cos the letter dont alway fit in my brain.
my life depends on this yet i just can't.

experienced typists, how long do i need to learn this for? please post tips that helped you scale through.

see friend, just go for a reliable voice recognition software, i had similar propblem, i can assure you by now, even the world fastest typesetter is not as fast as i get my work done. can help get back to me.
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Draker: 2:57pm On Sep 11, 2013
My typing speed is 54 WPM. Tested by http://www.ratatype.com/typing-test/
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by skydancer: 4:19pm On Oct 26, 2019
Dan1luv what's your speed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Download Youtube Video To Your Computers And Phones / Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers / Windows 7 Activator Counting Down: No Activation Key

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.