Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,941 members, 7,821,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? (10600 Views)

15 Keyboard Shortcuts Every Computer Geek Should Know / Windows 10: Microsoft Is Recording EVERYTHING You Type, But Here's How To Stop I / How To Make Computer Speak What You Type (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by dani1luv: 3:23pm On Jul 21, 2012
Maleeq: hehehehe...i just type that figure o! make una neva call me liar finish.

My initial post was a pun aimed at the poster that said he gets irritated when he sees people typing and at the same time searching for keyboard keys.

Yes, speed is one thing, accuracy should also be considered.

Click here to join me in a typing race on typeracer.com grin

http://play.typeracer.com/?rt=17wi31z3t2te0
Lets race
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Maleeq(m): 3:23pm On Jul 21, 2012
@dani1luv
Beta get ur seatbelt fastened bro! You are on!!! grin
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by dani1luv: 3:26pm On Jul 21, 2012
Maleeq: @dani1luv
grin grin grin
chai you beat me by just 1wpm undecided undecided
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Acidosis(m): 3:28pm On Jul 21, 2012
My computer school teacher then used to type above 120wpm on mavis. The first week of resumption, I was already on mavis and in less than 1 month, I became an expert. My speed really helped me in School cos it fetched me some cash.

It is a good thing when you type at high velocity. We got lots of at
tention in cybercafes. . .lol.
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by dani1luv: 3:29pm On Jul 21, 2012
Maleeq: @dani1luv
I won grin grin grin grin
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 21, 2012
Last time i checked, 234WPM

I even have a video of my hitting my keys uploaded on youtube

It was fun
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by dani1luv: 3:31pm On Jul 21, 2012
Maleeq. .I won again!grin grin grin
75wpm not badd
undecided undecided
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Maleeq(m): 3:32pm On Jul 21, 2012
dani1luv: Maleeq. .I won again!grin grin grin
75wpm not badd
undecided undecided
Na lie jor...u be professional typist! ahn ahn!

Oya, lets do it again! I no go gree!
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Acidosis(m): 3:34pm On Jul 21, 2012
my accuracy on mavis beacon is 91%
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by dani1luv: 3:39pm On Jul 21, 2012
Maleeq:
Na lie jor...u be professional typist! ahn ahn!

Oya, lets do it again! I no go gree!
I won again grin grin shocked shocked
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by dani1luv: 3:45pm On Jul 21, 2012
see as I dey finish Maleeq grin grin grin grin
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Maleeq(m): 3:45pm On Jul 21, 2012
dani1luv: see as I dey finish Maleeq grin grin grin grin
Bully... cry
Lemme jor!
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Ninapha(f): 3:45pm On Jul 21, 2012
How are u pple counting ur WPM? In typing class, wpm is not counted by alphabets ooo. For those saying 200wpm. Even in final year in d uni, u are expected to type 60wpm/120wpm in shorthand. Now to count ur wpm, u are telln me dat u guys are typing, eg. 'Believe me, I have been waiting for the past 1 hour.' Now i just typed 11 words. Rememeber dat all ur caps must be represented accurately too.
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by oge4real(f): 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2012
Just checked the site now and my score was 38 wpm. I seriously used to think I was faster than that. i guess typing from your head is faster than when you have to read form a script. lol
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 21, 2012
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 21, 2012
I jst ran mavis beacon...My typing speed is 46 WPM with and accuracy of 95 percent bringing my adjusted score to 44 adjusted words per minute...All u guys saying u're typing 120 WPM are either extremely good or just plain liars....Hope u counted the words and not the letters and are typing words with some upper cases numbers and quotation marks.
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Revolva(m): 4:30pm On Jul 21, 2012
Well some people here dey lie too much ooo who cares how fast am I on the keyboard hissssssssss
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by damola1: 4:50pm On Jul 21, 2012
My speed

Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 21, 2012
Just did a quick typing speed test here - http://speedtest.10-fast-fingers.com/

On a good day I should go more than 120 WPM

Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by azimibraun: 5:09pm On Jul 21, 2012
Abeg wich type of typing una dey talk abt? Na 4 person abi na for urself? If na for my self, wia i dey run go? If na for person, shebi we do agreement b4 we start d typing contract? Any witch way e sha gud 2 jst sabi type fast sha..
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by dasparrow: 5:15pm On Jul 21, 2012
Blugreen: Have you ever taken the speed of which you type into consideration?

Typing fast is key in gaining complete control over the time you spend on your pc. Typing without looking at the keyboard can be very useful most especially for programmers who really need to write complex codes and focus on the monitor to ensure no much mistake is done.

What typing software do you use in measuring your typing speed? I personally use Mavis Beacon typing software and the the highest speed I have ever recorded is 96 Words Per Minute(WPM) but mostly within the range of 80-90 WPM. How about you guys?

I can type as fast as lightening
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by AbuRuqayya1(m): 5:48pm On Jul 21, 2012
afam4eva: I've never checked how fast I type but I think I'm the fastest typist in the world. But the thing is, I don't use the conventional style of typing which is, placinf your fingers on the "ASDF:LKJ" keys. I just type scatter scatter.
if u didn't step forward u will always be in the same place...... increase ur speed development sir.
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by GboyegaD(m): 5:48pm On Jul 21, 2012
I type an average of 45-50 wpm and I thought I was very good not knowing I am just a slow typist on the PC. I think I need to see this as a challenge and I sure would increase my speed in the next few days.
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by helphelp: 6:08pm On Jul 21, 2012
chrishenzo: [size=14pt]Maybe we should challenge each other at www.typeracer.com

Seeing is believing.
[/size]

If you are ready, drop your typeracer id. I am waitinggg!!!!!!!!!1

2ngbaskee oya leggo
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by tEsLim(m): 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2012
I'm very fast with typing. But I see a lot of kids are lying. Mind you I started with manual typewriters. And I had my first computer in 1991. How many of una use 286 intel processor with 20mb HDD? Running your Wordperfect, pacman, and dangerous dave from ms-dos, even mavis beacon from msdos. Before Windows 3.1 because na that one be my first GUI OS. I did this test in a dark room

HEre are my results

http://www.typeonline.co.uk/typingspeed.php
Your speed was: 77wpm.

You made 1 mistake, your mistake is shown in bold text:

It is a trite but true observation, that examples work more forcibly on the mind than precepts: and if this be just in what is odious and blameable, it is more strongly so in what is amiable and praiseworthy. Here emulation most effectually operates upon us, and inspires our imitation in an irresistible manner. A good man therefore is a standing lesson to all his acquaintance, and of far greater us in that narrow circle than a good book.

=======================================
The second test I made an attempt at speeed. First one is just my casual typing. I can do better. both test done in dark room. No looking of keyboard

Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 21, 2012
with just one hand (cos my the nails on my left-hand are all grown), see below:

if i use both hands, it's triple the speed . . am not lying

Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by manny4life(m): 8:54pm On Jul 21, 2012
Abt 50wpm, for me.
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 21, 2012
Am finding it extremely difficult to break my current record of 97 WPM. I did some typing today and the highest I could get was 81 words per minutes WPM with an accuracy of 91%. I have devotedly learned typing for about 5 months with the aim of breaking 120 WPM someday but the distance is still very far away. If you really want to learn how to type fast, install Mavis Beacon Typing Software in your pc and try to learn typing with it without looking at the keyboard.

PLEASE NOTE: Going below the accuracy of 87% is complete failure even if your words per minute is 1 million.
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by shilling(f): 9:31pm On Jul 21, 2012
85wpm but it's been a while since I checked. Learnt to type at 12 Yrs old and used to make cash in school typing my friends essays at school lol.
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mine is 39WPM

All those puttin numbers above 70 probably don't knw how to calculate it... Its not letters!!! Its WORDS!!
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 21, 2012
^^^ we know !!! and when we say 230 WPM, we really mean 230 words per minute
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by nnatobryno(m): 11:50pm On Jul 21, 2012
dis topic is it rili necessary mst u tell everybody u cn type

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Download Youtube Video To Your Computers And Phones / Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers / Windows 7 Activator Counting Down: No Activation Key

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.