Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,068 members, 7,810,999 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) - Education (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) (95147 Views)

Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) / Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti 2011/2012 Post Utme Admissions Exercise Is Out / Federal Polytechnic Offa 2011/2012 Post Utme Admissions Exercise Is Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by ogagusps3: 5:14pm On Jul 26, 2012
I pray the med/SURG cut off this year is low....
embarassed
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by Tizzie: 5:15pm On Jul 26, 2012
Harbioollah:
am not o.
This cutoff z bothering me o besodes i jes got a Bombshell 4rm ma parents that i'll be going 2 Unilag from home everyday. If they truly mean it, then hopefully Unilorin's gonna be my next destination
Lol,Eyah Datz bad,my folks cant even say dat sef,I ll jus cry for them,any news abt Ilorin nd wat dd u score dere??
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by Tizzie: 5:18pm On Jul 26, 2012
OSHIOMOLE: Some Pple with dere foolish rumour...how can dey use putme percentage to give admission...
Its jst something,I hrd,I hope U re nt trying to start a quarel,because I m ready to pour out my annoyance on anybody who tries to upset me dis evening.
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by tdade(m): 5:18pm On Jul 26, 2012
OSHIOMOLE: Some Pple with dere foolish rumour...how can dey use putme percentage to give admission...
dude, go easy. She said she heard it and i don't know how d rumor is foolish ......... Unles u dint get a good post ume score. Just sayn o.

1 Like

Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by ayolinger(m): 5:18pm On Jul 26, 2012
This is my assumption about the cut off marks; I think UNILAG are trying to play their game tight by keeping their cards close to their chest,which I feel is they are playing Head-Games with their Candidates....They knew a lot of student performed poorly in the just concluded POST UTME, the reason why they extended the sale of their Foundation(Diploma II) registration form, hoping people will who feel they can't make the cut off will eventually go for it and with that they can make good money; They knew if they release the cut off anytime soon it my lead to them not hitting their proposed target for the programme, And probably will delay the cut off till after the closure of the registration period or some days before then.
All I'd advise us to do is calm down and be prayerful, try to engage ourselves in some activities that will ease the tension.,what I always and would continue to believe is we all have tried our best and truly if our best will earn us the admission it would and if reverse is the case, its a situation we all can't change but left to God to decide.
Lastly, God says He would show mercy of who He feel is deem fit, be prayerful and ask for His Mercy.
Evening Everyone.

3 Likes

Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by bodman4us: 5:19pm On Jul 26, 2012
Tizzie: just wait till 31st of dis month if ir doesnt show go nd buy d form.
k.tanks
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by bodman4us: 5:20pm On Jul 26, 2012
mzdharmey: is aaua ur 2nd choice or is it d supplementary form?
my 2nd choice
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by bodman4us: 5:21pm On Jul 26, 2012
TCliff:
ondo state
ondo is amg d catchment.
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by Tizzie: 5:21pm On Jul 26, 2012
bodman4us: k.tanks
glad to help!
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by jlo247(m): 5:29pm On Jul 26, 2012
teemac01:

I go econs department today º°˚,na so 1 man wey i meet for the department office tell me sey i need biology for any social science course.nna mehn d tin just D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ scater M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ head for here.abeg anybody with more info should help me out º°˚ thanks all the same to the person who replied M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ first post.
thats nt true because i also went to social science office in education with my o'level which biology is nt there i met with one officer in the office and i showed him my o'level after proper checking he told me that my result is ok.
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 26, 2012
Tizzie: Lol,Eyah Datz bad,my folks cant even say dat sef,I ll jus cry for them,any news abt Ilorin nd wat dd u score dere??
I really dnt blame them. They never really liked Hostels and i understand why. I could have rented an apartment offcampus like i did in Unaab bt dat'll amount to a waste of Resources since my house is nt far away.

Scored 78% in Unilorin and according to d admissions office, Medicine's cutoff is 75%(Merit) and 70%(Catchment and ELDs) bt i really dnt fancy my chances since its second choice
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by hourlarwharley(m): 5:32pm On Jul 26, 2012
mdahrmzey na so lyf be abi?
bodman4us: my 2nd choice
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by Tizzie: 5:37pm On Jul 26, 2012
Harbioollah:
I really dnt blame them. They never really liked Hostels and i understand why. I could have rented an apartment offcampus like i did in Unaab bt dat'll amount to a waste of Resources since my house is nt far away.

Scored 78% in Unilorin and according to d admissions office, Medicine's cutoff is 75%(Merit) and 70%(Catchment and ELDs) bt i really dnt fancy my chances since its second choice
Yhur really lucky U ve Unaab,Ilorin nd Unilag with ur score its almost sure for U,I ve Unilag as my first nd 2nd choice. . Nd as for hostel ish,I was a boarder in sec. Sch. So twont be a big deal.
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by hourlarwharley(m): 5:38pm On Jul 26, 2012
Terry19: Any computer sci candidate here ma agg iz 57.13 i heard dat most computer sci candidates failed cuz d question dy gav us were very technical esp d maths if u knw anybodi dat had high score reply
am a computer science student o lets chat on 2go ....olawale341
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 26, 2012
Tizzie: Yhur really lucky U ve Unaab,Ilorin nd Unilag with ur score its almost sure for U,I ve Unilag as my first nd 2nd choice. . Nd as for hostel ish,I was a boarder in sec. Sch. So twont be a big deal.
Really?
I was a boarder too. Lagos state senior Model College,Kankon. But u cant compare sec skul's Hostel lyf to dat of a Uni. The rate at which cultism is growing in Nigerian Higher institutions is something to worry about. Ur staying in d Hostel makes u easy prey for hem.

Wats d name of ur sec skul?
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by MATTHEW59: 5:45pm On Jul 26, 2012
Harbioollah: @ Mathew,
assuming the cutoff for Medicine is 80(merit) and the highest for catchment(Lagos) is 70. Will Unilag go so low and make d cutoff 70 for his catchment or Try to skip him to avoid d large difference?
It does not work that way. Assume the said 80, and the highest from a catchment state is 79 and they need only five candidates from that state and the fifth highest is 72, then 72 becomes the catchment cut off for the state for the best five for that state to be admitted. Depend on the performance and number required from that state. Kk
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by Tizzie: 5:47pm On Jul 26, 2012
Harbioollah:
Really?
I was a boarder too. Lagos state senior Model College,Kankon. But u cant compare sec skul's Hostel lyf to dat of a Uni. The rate at which cultism is growing in Nigerian Higher institutions is something to worry about. Ur staying in d Hostel makes u easy prey for hem.

Wats d name of ur sec skul?
Let's talk on FB,I dont want to release my info here
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 26, 2012
MATTHEW59: It does not work that way. Assume the said 80, and the highest from a catchment state is 79 and they need only five candidates from that state and the fifth highest is 72, then 72 becomes the catchment cut off for the state for the best five for that state to be admitted. Depend on the performance and number required from that state. Kk
Thanks so much mr Mathew
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by Olamisod: 5:52pm On Jul 26, 2012
teemac01: Is byeahiology a must for anyone who wants to study social science courses like pol sci & econs?
yeah its compulsory because wen i did registration for sociology which is a social science course.all d best akokaites to be.
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 26, 2012
MATTHEW59: It does not work that way. Assume the said 80, and the highest from a catchment state is 79 and they need only five candidates from that state and the fifth highest is 72, then 72 becomes the catchment cut off for the state for the best five for that state to be admitted. Depend on the performance and number required from that state. Kk
Thanks so much mr Mathew

@ Tizzie. No prob abt dat
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by alashor(m): 5:54pm On Jul 26, 2012
BIOLOGY,BIOLOGY,BIOLOGY,aspirant whre nla dey now,guyz is dere anyone a biology aspirant dere?plz paste her result plz. I hav fedup and i dont knw wat 2 do.
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by Pweetyhoney(f): 5:54pm On Jul 26, 2012
wad up tizzie, harbioola nd matthew? i trust u all had a gud day. let us jxt b patient for dem cos patience is d strongest virtue nd rememba dat God is wif us nd we are CONQERORS nd VICTORS.
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by MATTHEW59: 6:02pm On Jul 26, 2012
TCliff:
meaning of ELD
ELDS means Educationally Less Developed States and they re given consideration with lower cut offs than merits like the catchment states but a few of them. They re Adamawa, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Cross River, Ebonyi, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe & Zamfara. Educationally less developed indeed.
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by alashor(m): 6:02pm On Jul 26, 2012
@mattew pls i got 51.63aggr and am applyng 4 biology 4rm ekiti,plz i want 2 knw my faith
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by Tizzie: 6:05pm On Jul 26, 2012
Pweetyhoney: wad up tizzie, harbioola nd matthew? i trust u all had a gud day. let us jxt b patient for dem cos patience is d strongest virtue nd rememba dat God is wif us nd we are CONQERORS nd VICTORS.
I m good babes,my day was ok,hope urs was too,takia of U
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by Breivheart(m): 6:05pm On Jul 26, 2012
LEAVE WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND
LET US PRAY!!! (just 2 minute)
Almighty Father
creator of Heaven and earth and
everything in between, We
humbly come before you with
thanks giving in our hearts,
asking for your never ending
mercy and FAVOUR to grant our admissn status accordin 2 out faith. We lift your name on
high, above any name that has
ever existed, our father and
creator, we ask you to bless,
protect and to pour your
supernatural favor upon us , oda aspirants and friends.
God we ask you today for divine
intervention in our lives, we ask
for your touch in all areas of our
lives (admissn especially dis yr Lord). Father any
situation you touch, we believe it
can never remain the same.
Father in heaven, let your will be
done in our lives as your decision
in our lives is the best and will
always be the best as your name is being
worshiped and glorified by
multitudes.. In the name of your
only son, our personal Savior,
Jesus Christ. AMEN!!! God is going
to shift things around for us dis yr
and let things work in
our favor. If you believe, send
it. If you don't believe, delete it.
God closes doors no man can
open & God opens doors no man
can close. If you need God to
open some doors for you....
KINDLY HIT LIKE and
somebody say AMEN

19 Likes

Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by damosky12(m): 6:05pm On Jul 26, 2012
av bin watching as a guert eversince d last thread in search of a law aspirant.. So funny dat av seen only 1 here. So anyother? Pls signify, av gat news 4 ya
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by tdade(m): 6:07pm On Jul 26, 2012
so, how do they determine who is on the supplementry list(besides corruption)?
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by Tizzie: 6:09pm On Jul 26, 2012
damosky12: av bin watching as a guert eversince d last thread in search of a law aspirant.. So funny dat av seen only 1 here. So anyother? Pls signify, av gat news 4 ya
the news pls!I am here
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by Tizzie: 6:10pm On Jul 26, 2012
tdade: so, how do they determine who is on the supplementry list(besides corruption)?
God's favor and change of course form.
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by tdade(m): 6:10pm On Jul 26, 2012
Breivheart: LEAVE WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND
LET US PRAY!!! (just 2 minute)
Almighty Father
creator of Heaven and earth and
everything in between, We
humbly come before you with
thanks giving in our hearts,
asking for your never ending
mercy and FAVOUR to grant our admissn status accordin 2 out faith. We lift your name on
high, above any name that has
ever existed, our father and
creator, we ask you to bless,
protect and to pour your
supernatural favor upon us , oda aspirants and friends.
God we ask you today for divine
intervention in our lives, we ask
for your touch in all areas of our
lives (admissn especially dis yr Lord). Father any
situation you touch, we believe it
can never remain the same.
Father in heaven, let your will be
done in our lives as your decision
in our lives is the best and will
always be the best as your name is being
worshiped and glorified by
multitudes.. In the name of your
only son, our personal Savior,
Jesus Christ. AMEN!!! God is going
to shift things around for us dis yr
and let things work in
our favor. If you believe, send
it. If you don't believe, delete it.
God closes doors no man can
open & God opens doors no man
can close. If you need God to
open some doors for you....
KINDLY HIT LIKE and
somebody say AMEN
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) by MATTHEW59: 6:12pm On Jul 26, 2012
tdade: so, how do they determine who is on the supplementry list(besides corruption)?
Where did u guys get all these terms-like corruption from? God help. Some omitted from the merit list due 2 errors only and change of course and special considerations are included.

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (100)

Best Polytechnic In Nigeria / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student / Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.