Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

How To Divorce A NIG Marriage In The UK ? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Divorce A NIG Marriage In The UK ? (1142 Views)

Help! Friends, Family & Former School Mates From Nig Are Killing Me With Demands / How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk / Pictures Of The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Divorce A NIG Marriage In The UK ? by Luxythere: 8:18am On Jul 22, 2012
My friend got married to a british man and their $ex life was good. He has 3 kids from his previous marriage but she has no kids yet and they discussed having more kids before getting married in Nigeria which he said he wanted kids.

She relocated to the UK with her husband and came off contraceptives then he immediately stopped sleeping with her, its been 4 years now and they have had $ex only 3 times in 4 years and he does not seem to care ...my friend wants kids and is worried.

They dated for 2 years before getting married so a total of 6 years all together....now my friend wants a divorce so she can marry someone who wants her and wants kids and start a family.

The question is

Can they do one of those quickie divorce things online in the UK even though they married in Nigeria.

What is the quickest procedure of getting a divorce in her situation...does she have to go to Nigeria.
Re: How To Divorce A NIG Marriage In The UK ? by Luxythere: 10:56am On Jul 22, 2012
Bump!
Re: How To Divorce A NIG Marriage In The UK ? by steve13(m): 11:04am On Jul 22, 2012
What kind of marriage was that?court or other? Her staying in the uk does it depend on the marriage?
Re: How To Divorce A NIG Marriage In The UK ? by Luxythere: 11:25am On Jul 22, 2012
No Steve ....she is British by birth like he is too but she grew up in Lagos so not conversant with the UK law or Naija law as concerns divorce.

Court registry marriage.
Re: How To Divorce A NIG Marriage In The UK ? by steve13(m): 11:40am On Jul 22, 2012
She need to contact a lawyer in Nigeria,since the marriage was done in a registry,but its not compulsory that she must be in naija,naa,I tried asking a lawyer now but she is not answering her phone.

(1) (Reply)

US Visa Application Process Made Easier For Nigerians / The Oldest Flight. (see Picture) / 5 Fantastic Tips For Sleeping Comfortably On A Plane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.