Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

US Visa Application Process Made Easier For Nigerians - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Visa Application Process Made Easier For Nigerians (1143 Views)

Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines / Rwanda Visa Application Process / Questions About New E-passport Application Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

US Visa Application Process Made Easier For Nigerians by sunnychykes(m): 3:32pm On Aug 08, 2013
Hawkins said this in a paper he presented at the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs (NIIA), Lagos, on US and Nigeria bilateral relationships.

He said that the move was part of the government’s effort at promoting people-to-people relationships between Nigeria and the U.S.

He said that the consulate had recruited additional staff and installed new equipment in order to facilitate visa processing for Nigerians.

"My goal is to make visa application process painless and pleasant for Nigerians.

"I am happy to say that the wait time for Non-Immigrant Visa appointment is now just a fraction of what it once was.

"We can always improve more; but I am proud of the work we have done to serve our Nigeria visa applicants," he said.

The envoy also restated the commitment of the U.S. to creating opportunities for young Nigerians to visit the US.

Hawkins said that the government had concluded an arrangement to invite "very special set of Nigerian guests" to the US in 2014.

The Consul-General said that the U.S. Government would continue to sustain its bilateral relations with Nigeria in the years ahead.

Hawkins said that a US delegation, led by Under-Secretary of State for Political Affairs, Amb. Wendy Sherma, would be in Abuja on 15 August, for the US and Nigeria Binational Commission.

He said the visit would afford the delegation, Nigeria government representatives and the civil society, to deliberate on security issues, as well as other critical aspects of US and Nigeria’s bilateral relations.

Copyright NAN
All rights reserved. This material may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without prior permission in writing from NAN
Re: US Visa Application Process Made Easier For Nigerians by Bimther: 5:18pm On Jul 26, 2014
pls i need an urgent reply:
ls i need ur help i order for a tablet on aliexpress n the order is now frozen n i was ask to wait for 3day n i will like know if the 3days is real. or is there anything else i can do than to wait.

(1) (Reply)

Is My Dream Un Achievable? / 10 Food Scams That Could Only Happen In China Be-warn Nigerian Traveller / Fact About Kogi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.