Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS (15610 Views)

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Season 2 - You Are Cordially Invited! / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 22, 2012
chucky234: Fashola agreed to dance to the tune of Fashola
From your point above you mentioned that Fashola sent the political hoodlums that were in Tinubu's administration but street miscreants (agberos) has since double in number and can be found in every streets in Lagos which is a clear evidence that Tinubu still call the shot in Lagos and not Fashola as you claimed.

cool cool cool cool
Fvck it, I castrated the guy and his rubbish arguments in round two, but haters on steroids won't let me be..

Cheddarking

I'm still your God and your saviour - worship me, son. cool
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Cuddlemii: 10:25pm On Jul 22, 2012
coogar:

this is fraudulent....5 judges minus the judge that stepped down...yet 3 results were presented!
my simple arithmetic tells me 5-1 = 4.
what is this blatant fraud perpetrated by Nigerian judges?

then again, that was supposed to be the semis....
that newacca mauled shymmex does not mean he would obliterate coogar...
he won his round, i won my round....shouldn't there be a clash between the 2?

I didnt receive all the scores on time. I have updated it. Sorry about that.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by newacca: 10:25pm On Jul 22, 2012
where is shymmex's score?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by chucky234(m): 10:28pm On Jul 22, 2012
shymmex:

But who moved it? IBB!!

Lagos was the capital before Abuja. undecided undecided
IBB moved it after the Great Ogboru sponsored failed coup
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by cheddarking(m): 10:30pm On Jul 22, 2012
I move to raise a motion that:

Anytime anybody on Nairaland is found to be fraudulent or dishonest in anyway,

The word 'Shymmex' should be used as the descriptive term.

E.g The sentence: "He is a liar" will now be "He is a Shymmex"

and "He Lied" will be "He Shymmexed"

We should start developing Nairaland Slang Na?

All in favour please indicate...

14 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Cleverley(m): 10:30pm On Jul 22, 2012
Kudos to u guys all. I love this.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by fagamite: 10:32pm On Jul 22, 2012
cheddarking: I move to raise a motion that:

rofl

In favor.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Idowuogbo(f): 10:33pm On Jul 22, 2012
I indicaticion o!

" A Shymexiar was caught shymexing"

I likey! grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by coogar: 10:33pm On Jul 22, 2012
jim jones:

very deserving victory for Newacca. Breezy047 deserves second place. due respect accorded, the folks arguing for the motion were terrible.

probably because you are a fucking idiot!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by kilimanjaro(m): 10:35pm On Jul 22, 2012
@judges, this ought to be semi-final. When is the final?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by slimyem: 10:36pm On Jul 22, 2012
so Shymmex is not equal to Isaac Olawale?
Haha!
Interesting!cheesycheesy

i'm fully in favour!!!cheesycheesy
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by freecocoa(f): 10:39pm On Jul 22, 2012
Its not news that more than half of the people on NL are big time shymmexers.cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:39pm On Jul 22, 2012
Well done every1 (judges, debaters active audience & viewers).
@Shymmex, no mind ur bad belle pple.
@Newacca, I lyk ur points 2day. Well done.
2 d topic; Godfatherism s a curse n 9ja politics bt its nt our only problem.
Bt 4rm my view, our greatest problem s d individual behaviour of many Nigerians. We nd 2 carve out a positive approach n our lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by kilimanjaro(m): 10:41pm On Jul 22, 2012
I think the judges have shymmexed!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Idowuogbo(f): 10:43pm On Jul 22, 2012
Most politicians are shymexiars grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 22, 2012
Judges Please where is Oga Shymmex's score?

If he was not scored, please come out AND OPENLY TELL US THE REASON WHY....

I sense some shymextic behaviour going on behind the scenes...
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by kilimanjaro(m): 10:43pm On Jul 22, 2012
freecocoa: Its not news that more than half of the people on NL are big time shymmexers.cheesy
You a big shymmexer! Common go and sleep. Lol
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 22, 2012
Can any of the judges tell me how someone can plagiarize in a debate?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by kilimanjaro(m): 10:43pm On Jul 22, 2012
freecocoa: Its not news that more than half of the people on NL are big time shymmexers.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Jarus(m): 10:43pm On Jul 22, 2012
Good one.

Just a few comments as a Judge in this contest.

NEWACCA
Your arguments are sound and persuasive. I also admire your tenacity. But I deducted 0.5 from your content score because you referred to Ahmadu Bello as a former Sultan of Sokoto. He was neer Sultan of Sokoto, he was Sardauna of Sokoto. The current holder of that position is Alhaji Abubakar Dan Alhaji or Alhaji Sheu Malami(can't recall exactly for now, and no time to consult Google). But altogether, you did a very good job.

COOGER
You raised the intellectual bar in the debate. I admire your command of English. Your versatility is no doubt impeccable. But you were too general. You hardly dwelt on specifics.

BREEZY
A fresh breeze. I like your calmly disposition. You were the dark horse in the race. You also did very well in logical analysis of the topic, but you would have done better if you backed up your arguments with more facts.

Altogether, all the contestants did well.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Ogetogeo(m): 10:44pm On Jul 22, 2012

Aiye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy grin angry undecided lipsrsealed cry grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 22, 2012
Damn!! I've got new stans.. grin grin

Shymmex is finally e-famous..

Big ups to all my fans!! wink
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by newacca: 10:44pm On Jul 22, 2012
@shymmex,
Yes,nepotism is part of the major problems that causes corruption in our nation. Where kinsmen expect you to administer the public office entrusted on you by all tribes of the nation to favour a specific tribe. where favouritism is a custom.

@All contestants
shymmex,cooger,chucky234,cheddarking et al
You are all winners.
Cuddlemii
2 thumbs up for u!
@Audience,Judges and Brains behind this creativity
Keep it up.
Grazie!!! [/b]That's how we say [b]THANK YOU IN ITALIANO!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 22, 2012
Even the judges can't answer my question... grin

How can someone plagiarize in a debate?

This question is for the judges!!

I'll like to debate the judges now.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 22, 2012
shymmex: Can any of the judges tell me how someone can plagiarize in a debate?

You attempted to pass off an original work as YOUR ideas during the debate.
That is plagiaristic and shymextical behaviour...

If you had stated that ALL the ideas you presented where not original, nobody for vex...

The difference in intelligence between your posts of yesterday and your arguments today is GLARING....

No Offense bruv...
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by slam7000(m): 10:47pm On Jul 22, 2012
Idowuogbo: I indicaticion o!

" A Shymexiar was caught shymexing"

I likey! grin

That dude is smart,he simply repeated himself,that wasn't cheating.if you think its easy to operate under so many aliases and ntt found out,you try it and see..hes same person as isaac olawale or OLaheavy,brixtonyute,baddmaan.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 22, 2012
slam7000:

That dude is smart,he simply repeated himself,that wasn't cheating.if you think its easy to operate under so many aliases and ntt found out,you try it and see..hes same person as isaac olawale or OLaheavy,brixtonyute,baddmaan.

The Isaac Olawale in question is not a Nairaland user, but a Published Scholar.
Shymmex simply downloaded the guy's article and posted it as HIS SCHOLARSHIP.

Do that in Uni's in Jand and you will be EXPELLED.

Real talk.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Idowuogbo(f): 10:50pm On Jul 22, 2012
jackbauersballs:

You attempted to pass off an original work as YOUR ideas during the debate.

If you had stated that ALL the ideas you presented where not original, nobody for vex...

The difference in intelligence between your posts of yesterday and your arguments today is GLARING....

No Offense bruv...
His shymextical behaviour? Oh lawd! grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 22, 2012
jackbauersballs:
You attempted to pass of an original work as YOUR ideas during the debate.

No Offense bruv...

Fam, you're ignorant..

How can text typing be used to ascertain an individual's level of intelligence?

I see why most of you are bamboozled by big words, ignorant clowns..

I'm not even on your level, bruv.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by freecocoa(f): 10:51pm On Jul 22, 2012
kilimanjaro:
Trust me i hardly shymmex besides its not my time.tongue
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Elueme: 10:52pm On Jul 22, 2012
newacca: I continue to argue that godfatherism is not the main cause of corruption in Nigeria. My fellow debater is centralizing his argument mainly on Obasanjo and PDP,which I believe it is slightly off the line of argument. While he forgets that individual character is quite different from general phenomenon that affects the society. I want to state categorically that godfatherism is not by anyway a major cause of corruption in Nigeria not when indiscipline is a call of the day. Not when the absence of effective rules, regulations and policies are not featuring in the nation.

What I am driving out of this is that some leaders have ruled this nation and have held political offices without godfathers, yet they mismanaged funds, and promote different kinds of corruption far beyond godfatherism.
Corruption started killing the developmental growth in Nigeria from Shagari administration,Buhari administration,Babangida administration(our case study) These rulers do not have godfathers and godfatherism has not been prominent in the other arms of government in their era,yet corruption practices continue to elevate. If godfatherism does not exist in Nigerian politics,the main causes of corruption in Nigeria will still prevail,unless we change our orientation towards a soceity free of indiscipline and bad culture.

My fellow debater argued that Adams Oshiomole Governor of Edo state has been consistence in his administration because he does not have godfather. Are you telling me that if Adams Oshiomole's ulterior motive is to enrich his pocket with public fund and he actually carry out his motive,will he be able to gain the heart of the people of Edo to vote for him in the second term? If Oshiomole has not been transparent in his system of administration will the Edo people re-elect him?

Fashola against Tinubu

The former Governor of Lagos state,Asiwaju Bola Tinubu who is a godfather to the incumbent Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola. Why did Fashola refused to dance to Tinubu's tune? Why did he got elected again for the second term in office,after the report of numerous disagreement between him and his political godfather and despite the fact that he got to the seat of power with the support of his godfather? Reasons are not far-fetched. When an individual possesses admirable pedigree, high moral standard,leadership skill,good deal of discipline and prioritizing the interest of his people above personal gain;he will be able to run the affairs of the public office without being influenced by the strong forces of his godfather. Even if the incumbent governor has agreed to the conspiracy of looting and embezzling before he won the election, his high standard of moral and discipline has made him to disagree to Tinubu's political manipulation. Truly, wolves lose their teeth but not their nature. Now tell me,if Fashola has selfishly embraced corruption emanating from the ungodly act of greed, moral decadence and selfcentredness. will you blame it on godfatherism or individualism?

Missing funds in Obasanjo's administration

There were wide spread allegation of various public fund embezzlement in the administration of Gen.Obansanjo Rtd. both in the military regime(1976-1979) and democratic ruling (1999-2003/2003-2007) Prominent of the missing funds are listed below:

*2.8 billion naira petroleum fund- 1976-1979
*200 billion naira ecological fund- 1999-2007
*19.5 billion Aviation fund- 2007-2011
These funds got missing during the administration of Gen.Obasanjo Rtd. without giving transparent account of how the funds were mismanaged. was Gen.Obasanjo Rtd. been elected in the 1999 election with the support of godfather? Can you tell me Gen.Obansanjo's administration was transparent?

If the collective wish of the masses supersedes the selfish resolve of some powerful individuals(godfathers) who believe they can dictate the affairs of millions of people from the confines of their bedrooms and the masses you speak for, abolish the corrupt practice of worshipping people in high places because of their wealth,do you think godfatherism will be the threat to our democracy? Hell no! We will only get things right in our society when we instigate high standard of moral value in the heart of our people;both young and old. When we frown at public display of wealth in occasion i.e spraying of money in public functions,parties and burial ceremonies;when you stop to collect bags and envelope from politicians before voting them.

James Ibori,the "flamboyant" former governor of Delta state was convicted for money laundering and embezzlement of the fund of people of Oil rich Delta state. The "common thief" as tagged by a British prosecutor,Sasha Weils was able to defraud his own people for his personal enrichment. Tell me,did he act on the manipulation,threat or blackmail of godfathers?

Let me not bore you all with long list of major problems that promotes corruption in our beloved country. Rather I will like implore us to look beyond godfatherism as the major cause of our problem (CORRUPTION) in Nigeria and change our characters and view towards proffering lasting solution to the causes, and stamp out corruption.
I pray u carry d night.. It's far more herculean to sail against the tide but so far your arguments are mind blowing. Braovo!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by slam7000(m): 10:52pm On Jul 22, 2012
I forgot to mention Negro nts...dont you all start shouting plagiarism if mr shymmex writes or lifts negros nts's post...hes the same pecknarm soldier aka odua warrior.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

... / Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel / Ade's Chronicle: A Tale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.