Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,520 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Governor Fashola Bails NFF Out With Federation's Cup Trophy ...pics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Fashola Bails NFF Out With Federation's Cup Trophy ...pics (769 Views)

Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) / Mohammed Dikwa Appointed Accountant-General Of The Federation By Buhari / Governor Fashola's Contact Phone No. And Email (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Fashola Bails NFF Out With Federation's Cup Trophy ...pics by EkoIle1: 4:56am On Jul 23, 2012

Governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Raji Fashola ,has donated a new, all-silver, giant-sized Federation Cup trophy to the executive board members of the Nigeria Football Federation,when they paid him a courtesy visit in Lagos.

Fashola recollected the glamour,which is synonymous with the championship, and a competition that has produced great players in the past. Notable names like Muyiwa Oshode, Ismaila Mabo, Haruna Ilerika of blessed memory and many others.

The Governor,equally made emphasis on the low turn-out of fans,encouraging the NFF to ensure that the competition does not lose its shine as they should make it appealing in a way that the fans will come and watch the games.

“I am disturbed when I saw scanty stadium during the final of the Federation Cup,” he said.

“I want to also suggest that the tourney should not leave Lagos because it is a tournament that started in Lagos. In England, Wembley started hosting the final of the FA Cup and the only period the competition was not played at Wembley was when it was been reconstructed,“ said Fashola.

He added: “We must bring back the tradition associated with the competition by ensuring that fans return to the stadium and add value to the championship, because sports also contributes to the economy just like other sectors.”

In his own remarks, the NFF President Aminu Maigari said:“I want to thank the governor for his unalloyed support to the NFF and, Lagos being the hub of football in Nigeria, I want to assure you that the Federation Cup will not leave Lagos. This year’s final holding on August 26 will be the most colourful in the history of the championship.”

http://allsports.com.ng/2012/07/17/governor-fashola-bails-nff-out-with-federations-cup-trophy/
Re: Governor Fashola Bails NFF Out With Federation's Cup Trophy ...pics by EkoIle1: 4:59am On Jul 23, 2012
This man is practically ruling Nigeria or he is the only Nigerian leader with sense of duty and porpose.
Re: Governor Fashola Bails NFF Out With Federation's Cup Trophy ...pics by Nobody: 5:40am On Jul 23, 2012
Nice one Fash. Carry go jor, enemies go hug transformer sharp sharp. tongue
Re: Governor Fashola Bails NFF Out With Federation's Cup Trophy ...pics by Chanchit: 7:02am On Jul 23, 2012
Nigeria league is so messed up, i can't imagine seeing swansea officials in a local canteen, during an official assignment, cos i saw sunshine stars official in one canteen in lagos, where they came to eat bread and beans.... The most annoying thing was their discussion, they were talking abt a guy that came to their screening, they never knew he was an indigene cos he came late and there was no time for familiarity, so he was placed among the non-indigene, and was later dropped... I was jst asking myself, what has been an indigene got to do with football..? So if messi is among the non-indigene, he would also have to be second choice, after the otu indigene.... That is why nigeria's football is stagnant, playing politics with everything....

(1) (Reply)

2015: Atiku Yet To Decide / Jonathan Right On Ushe’s Nomination As Defence Minister - Rev Mani / Man Who Lost Wife, Son To Governor Mimoko’s Election Rituals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.