Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women (12287 Views)

Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal / Test Positive For Pregnant But Ultra Scan Says No Sac Found / How Early Is Antenatal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by Dainfamous: 11:06am On Jul 23, 2012
antitpiah:

Why are you so interested? I mean, its not as if you are getting pregnant any time soon? You know, you need to get laid first before you can become pregnant . . . and we all know, you aint getting shyt grin No dyck, no mcloving, nada . . . just some lakiriboto, self obsessed bytch you are cool
my beleoooooooo grin

1 Like

Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by santuse: 11:15am On Jul 23, 2012
SURE-P money was suposed to be used to rehabilitate d refineries and bring down d price of fuel in d country not for pregnant women. Cos many states have free packages for them like rivers state.
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by otokx(m): 11:25am On Jul 23, 2012
Talk is cheap
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by mrperfect(m): 11:27am On Jul 23, 2012
Well, this is a welcome development.
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by FindOut(m): 11:33am On Jul 23, 2012
N5000 is becoming small change in Nigeria, thanks to 97naira per litre fuel, but its something.

Now, like i always say, if u dont overhaul a system, no matter what you introduce, the same bugs will bite. In essence, no doubt there'll be some form of corruption in this. It's a question of if its going to be large scale or medium scale corruption.

& I have to wonder when this will take effect.,
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by u3fine(m): 11:49am On Jul 23, 2012
Another avenue for corruption. Numerouse ghost pregnancy n payments. Tjen later NASS committee on health will start public hearing to investigate the fund, after which the committee members will be indicted at the end.
The FG has lost focus. Just make Ante-Natal free and they will all be there.
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 23, 2012
That is a welcomeD development. The main aim of the Antenatal Allowance is to encourage pregnant women to go to Clinics instead of going to local native doctors, churches and other abnormal places for child delivery. UP GEJ, FRESH AIR!!!
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by tayoTFC(m): 11:57am On Jul 23, 2012
yeye Government ...this is a means of increasing the population without means of cater for it...clueless dump...u better channel the money to say given unemploye graduate 5k every month for a number of years till the person get a job ,,,u are thinking of increasing population in thecountry by given out token 5k to every pregnate woman in the land of poverty GEJ U must be thinking out of ur sense....when really u ahve not pay my oldman retired federal civil servant pension of just 12k permonth....or rather u the budgeted 50billion for health care,good road and power.
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by Kolade9(m): 11:59am On Jul 23, 2012
if its true then they'll spend billions of naira in lag alone. Dem dey born lyk craze 4 hiagrin
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by abdulkayus(m): 11:59am On Jul 23, 2012
Dis GEJ is a joke, was he nt d one dat suggest population control and bring dis up wen he know 70 percent of nigerians are poor thereby will make dem to be gettin pregnant more often. Dis GEJ always do tins upside down, thinkin wit his anus, 9ja is in trouble

1 Like

Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 23, 2012
chrisxxx: This idea is nice. However a check should be put in place on the number of times a particular mother may merit payment to avoid population explosion in the north.

The idea is foolish!! Total bullsh*t!! Crap!! For how long r we gonna continue with this!!! We want quality but subsidized health care! Government is not an NGO, neither r we in crises!!!

1 Like

Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 23, 2012
Insulting GEJ is good business...... Keep doing great GEJ, Losers will keep hating...
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by tayoTFC(m): 12:14pm On Jul 23, 2012
@biliyonaier as clueless as GEJ...
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by MissC1: 12:17pm On Jul 23, 2012
Acidosis: Waste of Money.

Nothing works well in this country.

A government that can not pay pension as at when due. . .now trying to overpopulate the country where there is no job with common #5000.

U av a point Dear
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by Biggyd2: 12:18pm On Jul 23, 2012
Kai!(shaking my head). This government na wa o! So this is what their "common senses" told them is Nigeria's problem. My people, my thinking is that this is another avenue to settle some boiz up there. This money will be wacked weleke and five years down the line, a committee will be set up to probe "the disappearance of the antenatal allowance meant for pregnant women". Doesn't it sound familiar? Please if anybody can tell this government, let them use the money to build and equip hospitals in the rural areas where they are needed. Why must they always take us for fools!!!
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by bigdoo: 12:19pm On Jul 23, 2012
What about allowance for pregnant men?
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 23, 2012
Come, where dis girl they, make we strt nw.
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by toluxe0075: 12:21pm On Jul 23, 2012
My dear oya letz go 2 bed i need to get u pregnant o, dat 5000naira must b ours, em em pls also call ur sister n our ngozi our neighbour to join us in d bedroom o, dis is d only way to multiply d money o
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by hustleafam: 12:33pm On Jul 23, 2012
abeg this is nonsense and a huge waste of money. the highest concentration of child morality is in the north, coupled with illiteracy and lack of family planning. women there keep on giving birth constantly especially when one man has more than one wife, so is federal government saying that if a one wife decides to have six children they will pay, then when the second wife decides to have her six children FG will also pay. This is is just arrant nonsense.
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by Abbey2sam(m): 12:37pm On Jul 23, 2012
instead of d gov'ment to start helpin the unemplyed graduates, they are encouraging over population....gej will not stop messing up..mtscheeeew
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by omodapson(m): 12:56pm On Jul 23, 2012
Misplaced priority, another avenue to eat our money. What stops them from using the same money to improve health care in the country? Even rich men who can afford to father thousand children will still line up to collect the cash? smh for this nation.
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by Dollarman101: 1:46pm On Jul 23, 2012
Acidosis: Waste of Money.

Nothing works well in this country.

A government that can not pay pension as at when due. . .now trying to overpopulate the country where there is no job with common #5000.

why the hasty conclusion, allow the project start first. We would still have time to evaluate it. Don't kill the child in the tummy, before it is been delivered. Bad mouthing government project is not the right way to progress.
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by Dollarman101: 1:51pm On Jul 23, 2012
This is a very welcomed idea by the government, Atleast the needy mothers will benefit from this. People in charge of these, should not see it as a means to embezzle funds ooo, cause na swear go follow them. Big ups to GEJ government.
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by Dollarman101: 2:01pm On Jul 23, 2012
Billyonaire: That is a welcomeD development. The main aim of the Antenatal Allowance is to encourage pregnant women to go to Clinics instead of going to local native doctors, churches and other abnormal places for child delivery. UP GEJ, FRESH AIR!!!
Abeg help me tell them. GEJ we know.
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by jessMena(f): 2:13pm On Jul 23, 2012
I fink its because of sm northerners,their wives put 2 bed @ home which is very risky 2 both mother n child,a woman in Zamfara afta 9 children had a set of twin in d house but got so sick n was quickly rush 2 d hospital d next day she was placed on drip 4 three days n she survived it but when she got home her husband use a sharp machete to cut off her right leg n d reason he gave was dat she allowed a medical doctor(male) 2 touch her n even give her injection n dat its against sharia law while d educated ones r having their kids in d hospital some in UK or USA.only education can change their mentality but now dat dey've successfully bn brainwashed dat western education is forbidden, so d FG has no option dan to bribe dem wiv 5000g at least just 2 save d mother n her child..an educated man will not hv more dan 4 or 5kids @ most..if a rich man has 12kids but is able 2 cater 4 dem n sponsor their education at least 2 BSC Level den I hv no prob because dey will b useful 2 d country but a poor man will give birth 2 11 children n can't even send dem 2 sec sch instead of a plus dey r now a minus 2 our country..so I'll welcom dis FG's idea atleast 2 save lives n if finally BH is completely eliminated den we can educate dem n let dem know dat its better 2 hv ur baby at any good hospital dan 2 give birth @ home n also tell dem dat its not a sin because Abacha n d odas had their kids in d hospital n I doubt if its even Nigeria..Good day
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by movicy(m): 2:28pm On Jul 23, 2012
hammedkola: But i think dem wan implement child birth control...wetin be dis one again?
thank u jor idiot Gej,mak i go gv my wife anoda belle'i hope sey d money go double if na twins pregnant
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by movicy(m): 2:31pm On Jul 23, 2012
Billyonaire: That is a welcomeD development. The main aim of the Antenatal Allowance is to encourage pregnant women to go to Clinics instead of going to local native doctors, churches and other abnormal places for child delivery. UP GEJ, FRESH AIR!!!
d fresh air no favour us jor'EMPLOYMENT IS ALL WE NEED
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by crackhouse(m): 2:38pm On Jul 23, 2012
Expect more children from the almajiris. If 20 kids = 100,000naira. How many kids will give 1million? Let no of kids be x, now find x.
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by poweredcom(m): 2:56pm On Jul 23, 2012
Haha na wa ooo I beg make dem just add one zero again to be 50000 naira omo I go give many gals belle oooo kai ol boy oga jona ur brain is truly upside down and full of sapele water
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by manosteel(m): 3:21pm On Jul 23, 2012
Just to tell you how clueless this people are; the same people proposing putting in place birth control measures are the same that want to be paying pregnant women.
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by Ozegbe(m): 5:01pm On Jul 23, 2012
i hereby prophesy an increase in childbirth.
Re: N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women by tpia5: 7:38pm On Jul 23, 2012
This is not adding up at all. Pregnant women are meant to pay N26k+ for ante-natal in University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital (UPTH) a government hospital. If the idea is to encourage attendance to these ante-natal classes and thereby decreasing child mortality rates, how many pregnant woman can afford this kind of money in the first place to be able to qualify for N5k from the govt?

I took my wife to UPTH and you could see the crowd of pregnant women for the ante-natal orientation and half-way thru the class it was mentioned that the total amount to be paid was N26k+, more than 70% of the women just stood up and left! I'm very sure that half of those women will end up in local local midwifery homes. Instead of promising to pay N5k/monthly for attendance, I suggest they knock down the price of ante-natal registration first to say N10k to encourage attendance.

the community health centers are supposed to cater to lower income pregnant mothers.

not sure what obtains over there.

many of them dont even believe in prenatal anyway.

besides, i thought the mother and child hospitals offer free services to pregnant women.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Is The Most Effective And Safest Herbal Bitters To Use In Nigeria Today? / Chinese Man With Coronavirus Symptoms Collapses In Lagos (Video) / For Men: Man Power Package

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.