Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,578 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Matured Advice Needed To Help A Friend. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Matured Advice Needed To Help A Friend. (952 Views)

A Friend Is About To Tender His Resignation Tonight Please Advise / A Friend Lost His Job: How To Future-proof Your Career! / Some Important Tips Needed To Survive A PhD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matured Advice Needed To Help A Friend. by Thok(m): 11:42am On Jul 23, 2012
Due to the way we Treat Ourselves With Love In this Online Community, and With the Advice offered @ each point in Time, I Need Your Candid Advice for a Friend Of Mine..

Lets Call Him Tunde. He works In a Multinational company, on whose Policy, Honesty is its Bedrock. Of Recent, the Company needed some Financial aids, and the only way of Securing a deal is by Passing some Ghana Must go Bags to Key Figures in the Oil Deal.Tunde being the Accountant and the go-to-guy is Seen as a Stumbling Block by Some members of the Board, is being Threatened by a Sack Letter. Due to Company's Policy and His Faith bedrocked on Transparency, what's Ur Candid Advice?
Re: Matured Advice Needed To Help A Friend. by spicyv1(f): 12:26pm On Jul 23, 2012
No amount θf Gold is worth trading my values for! I would never compromise on my standards nor sacrifice my integrity on the altar θf materialism! I wouldn't even think about it, its not worth negotiating because the more time spent on thinking about it, the more reasons you begin to have to discard your values! The immediate consequence θf defending your integrity maybe harsh but in the end it always pays off! Many may argue otherwise because we live in a highly immoral world where true values have become extinct!

My take? What does your friend stand for? Now is the time to defend what he stands for!!!
Re: Matured Advice Needed To Help A Friend. by Thok(m): 12:54pm On Jul 23, 2012
Hmm. @SpicV.. Dats really thoughtful.. But For Naija,.. Job hard oo. And Tunde's pay package is a starting Salary of 5 mill per annum.
Re: Matured Advice Needed To Help A Friend. by tanimola22: 1:12pm On Jul 23, 2012
Thok: Hmm. @SpicV.. Dats really thoughtful.. But For Naija,.. Job hard oo. And Tunde's pay package is a starting Salary of 5 mill per annum.

Correct me if I am wrong ( I guess I am), but it seems it has already been agreed that he go against his belief because of the very fat salary he currently earns.

Meanwhile, I know someone who knows an analyst that was pressured to recommend a company as a BUY. The analyst did not do it because his valuation showed the company as a SELL/NEUTRAL rather than a BUY. The analyst in question was eventually sacked, and another analyst was hired to do the job.

The sacked analyst had his education in the US (Top 30 BA, Top 15 MBA) and was on 900K-1million Naira per month (excluding bonus which was around 40%-100% of basic salary) before he was sacked!! He did not say he would keep doctoring valuation results because he wanted to recoup the money he spent on his university education in the US. Perhaps, inspiration can be drawn from his example.

If I were Tunde, I would go with my mind and reap the consequences of my action.

T22

1 Like

Re: Matured Advice Needed To Help A Friend. by Thok(m): 5:27pm On Jul 23, 2012
Ur Opinions and Advice are Respected.. I'll Tell d Hot Cake To Do d best thng to do..
Re: Matured Advice Needed To Help A Friend. by spicyv1(f): 5:33pm On Jul 23, 2012
@ T22: Your posts always leaves me... Now no vocabulary can adequately describe the emotion!
Re: Matured Advice Needed To Help A Friend. by tanimola22: 11:35pm On Jul 23, 2012
spicy v: @ T22: Your posts always leaves me... Now no vocabulary can adequately describe the emotion!

Loll, baby please don't cry wink

T22
Re: Matured Advice Needed To Help A Friend. by spicyv1(f): 1:12pm On Jul 24, 2012
Cry ke? θf all emotions, crying is what you think bests describes the avalanche θf emotion erupted within my soul- by your posts? Try again PLEANSE!!! Lol.
Re: Matured Advice Needed To Help A Friend. by tanimola22: 1:47pm On Jul 24, 2012
spicy v: Cry ke? θf all emotions, crying is what you think bests describes the avalanche θf emotion erupted within my soul- by your posts? Try again PLEANSE!!! Lol.

Okay

T22
Re: Matured Advice Needed To Help A Friend. by violent(m): 2:51pm On Jul 24, 2012
I'd tell Tunde to do what he thinks his Children and his mum will be most proud of.
Re: Matured Advice Needed To Help A Friend. by spicyv1(f): 5:53pm On Jul 24, 2012
violent:

I'd tell Tunde to do what he thinks his Children and his mum will be most proud of.

GBAM!!! Such a violent truth!
Re: Matured Advice Needed To Help A Friend. by Krucifax(m): 11:14pm On Jul 25, 2012
As this is a public forum,i wouldn't want what i say to be misrepresented. There are two things to consider,since your "friend" is in this dilemma in the first place indicates that he is a man with moral values. The other thing is, what will be the cost of him following his conscience and doing the right thing or going against his conscience and doing the smart thing.

He'd probably lose his role now or later if he plays hardball.He'll also probably have a nice pay day if he plays along. The irony is that Nigeria needs more people like him,it's just the painful choices they have to make that is unenviable.I'm even starting to feel kinda weird typing this,it's making me look at my own reflection.

1 Like

Re: Matured Advice Needed To Help A Friend. by Mustay(m): 5:22pm On Jul 29, 2012
iBelieve in principles. If you don't stand for something, you'd fall for anything.

The affected person's personal beliefs and moral values are what's most important here. Your conscience is that part of you that doesn't feel right when other parts are otherwise.

Everyone's got what freaks them in this world while some wanna protect their names. To save being called a preacher's son, it's a very simple matter - do what suits your conscience.

PS. ''Honesty may be called old fashioned these days but it remains the key to lasting and worthwhile success''
wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pan-africa University Admission In Progress Just 'O' Level Required 2012/2013 / The Fallacy Of Unemployment / AN Urgent Help From Matured N Experienced Minds In Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.