Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,435 members, 7,954,729 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:05 AM

What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks (1797 Views)

Photos: Are Tribal Marks Attractive Or Repulsive? / Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) / What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by espn(m): 1:01pm On Jul 23, 2012
Peeps how would you look if u have tribal marks..considering d fact that without tribal marks not everyone looks appealing..if you have tribal marks what would you do..how would you look.
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by espn(m): 1:04pm On Jul 23, 2012
na war btwn me nd ma folks be dat..especially if dey don't have..na to find way clear am comot..anyhw!
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:25pm On Jul 23, 2012
i already have them.
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by JallowBah(f): 5:09pm On Jul 23, 2012
I have them, same as many women in my husbands family. ( Three stripes on the side of the eye. )

I hope my daughter wants them too when she grows up. She have many to choose from; same as I have, one stripe down the forehead, covering the lip down/inside the mouth, stripe/pattern/covering on the chin.
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:42pm On Jul 23, 2012
JallowBah: I have them, same as many women in my husbands family. ( Three stripes on the side of the eye. )

I hope my daughter wants them too when she grows up. She have many to choose from; same as I have, one stripe down the forehead, covering the lip down/inside the mouth, stripe/pattern/covering on the chin.

whatt the hell are you talking about you are a WHITE woman! angry

we are not discussing tatoos here. angry
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by ifyalways(f): 11:20pm On Jul 23, 2012
I would so rock it!!!
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by Tolaaaaannni(f): 11:32pm On Jul 23, 2012
When i was young i use to secretly wish i had tribal marks because my mom had it, and i still do. There is something about tribal marks that make someone look nice, i know people might disagree with this but thats what i think.
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:12am On Jul 24, 2012
mine was done with a hot blade and then they put local alcohol and sand over it.
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by JallowBah(f): 7:22pm On Jul 24, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

whatt the hell are you talking about you are a WHITE woman! angry

we are not discussing tatoos here. angry

Many fulanis tattoo tribal-marks, honey. And so did I. The fulani-way.
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by JallowBah(f): 7:23pm On Jul 24, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: When i was young i use to secretly wish i had tribal marks because my mom had it, and i still do. There is something about tribal marks that make someone look nice, i know people might disagree with this but thats what i think.

Then why not do it?
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:34am On Jul 25, 2012
JallowBah:

Many fulanis tattoo tribal-marks, honey. And so did I. The fulani-way.

you are not Fulani. you are a white norwegian. angry
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by JallowBah(f): 7:15pm On Jul 25, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

you are not Fulani. you are a white norwegian. angry

And still I talk the language, had a half-fulani kid in my belly for 9months, and have fulani-tattooes.

Wopdido.

Yepp, white and norwegian. Aint nothing wrong with thatsmiley

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by tpia5: 7:31pm On Jul 25, 2012
i think fulani culture allows for adoption into the tribe, just like ijaw culture also.

you do some ceremonies and become a bonafide member.

i saw something to that effect somewhere.
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by JallowBah(f): 7:40pm On Jul 25, 2012
tpia@:
i think fulani culture allows for adoption into the tribe, just like ijaw culture also.

you do some ceremonies and become a bonafide member.

i saw something to that effect somewhere.

I did not do any seremonies, but yes, they treat me like I am a fulani. My husband fight the family for them to give me the same party an celebration as if he married a real fulani-woman, and they did that for me.

It seems like they do it because I show much respect for the tribe, and their culture and ways. I love the clothes, the language, the music, the tattooes, the jewelry..and that has uch to do with them taking me in. If I was just another fat tourist-toubab who wanted to live in the hotels and only see Senegambia and did not care less for his culture, they would not have treated me the way they do.
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by tpia5: 7:42pm On Jul 25, 2012
^ yes, even a lot of fulanis today were adopted into the culture originally, via their forebears.
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by Nobody: 12:44am On Jul 26, 2012
i hate tribal marks!!..i think it's ridiculous and barbaric
The worse is the reason why tribal marks are given in the first place
If i had tribal marks,.................. i don't even want to imagine it!!!
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:59pm On Jul 26, 2012
JallowBah:

And still I talk the language, had a half-fulani kid in my belly for 9months, and have fulani-tattooes.

Wopdido.

Yepp, white and norwegian. Aint nothing wrong with thatsmiley

the tribal mark is a symol of allegiance to defend the tribe and preserve during peace. it is not meant for half-breeds and jokers parading around and trying to "fit in". it is a symbol of responsibility to the tribe. you have already helped in the assimilation of the tribe and therefore are an enemy to it. The Gods forbid such insolence.
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by JallowBah(f): 6:43pm On Jul 26, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

the tribal mark is a symol of allegiance to defend the tribe and preserve during peace. it is not meant for half-breeds and jokers parading around and trying to "fit in". it is a symbol of responsibility to the tribe. you have already helped in the assimilation of the tribe and therefore are an enemy to it. The Gods forbid such insolence.

Oh goodness, here we go again. Make a damn thread to claim I am f-uc-king up the african people instead of blowing up every thread I answersmiley

I am not half-breed, neither is my daughter. I am not a joker, neither is my daughter. I am not trying to "fit in", I have loved these things since I was a youngster, so you can keep your ignorance to yourself.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:21pm On Jul 26, 2012
JallowBah:

Oh goodness, here we go again. Make a damn thread to claim I am f-uc-king up the african people instead of blowing up every thread I answersmiley

I am not half-breed, neither is my daughter. I am not a joker, neither is my daughter. I am not trying to "fit in", I have loved these things since I was a youngster, so you can keep your ignorance to yourself.

your daughter and you are both half-breeds. that is fact. i couldnt find any other word to describe your ethnicity. the only other word i found was mongrel. now the question is, do you want me to start calling you a mongrel
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by JallowBah(f): 8:42pm On Jul 26, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

your daughter and you are both half-breeds. that is fact. i couldnt find any other word to describe your ethnicity. the only other word i found was mongrel. now the question is, do you want me to start calling you a mongrel

How far back do you know your own history?

My daughter is mixed, not half-breed. Are you a full-breed? Damn ugly word. Same with mongrel.
I am scandinavian. My roots up to 500 years back are scandinavian. So; you can call me white or scandinavian, as I am both. You thought I was black before, so if I never said anything, you would never know..

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:46pm On Jul 26, 2012
JallowBah:

How far back do you know your own history?

My daughter is mixed, not half-breed. Are you a full-breed? Damn ugly word. Same with mongrel.
I am scandinavian. My roots up to 500 years back are scandinavian. So; you can call me white or scandinavian, as I am both. You thought I was black before, so if I never said anything, you would never know..

yes i am a full-breed. since no such word exists, you can call me full-blooded or pure-blood. you yourself said you are mixed white Sami people. and i am not so foolish as to believe you to be black. i knew you were white all along when i saw your picture.
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by JallowBah(f): 10:20pm On Jul 26, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

yes i am a full-breed. since no such word exists, you can call me full-blooded or pure-blood. you yourself said you are mixed white Sami people. and i am not so foolish as to believe you to be black. i knew you were white all along when i saw your picture.

Lol. After I said I was white, yes.
And the samis in my family come from scandinavia. Like I said; 500 years back.

Now, stop trying to put me down and slamming this thread. If you have something to say, create a new onesmiley
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:40pm On Jul 26, 2012
JallowBah:

Lol. After I said I was white, yes.
And the samis in my family come from scandinavia. Like I said; 500 years back.

Now, stop trying to put me down and slamming this thread. If you have something to say, create a new onesmiley

noo. you create one for me if you wat to. i am too lazy to do that.
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by JallowBah(f): 11:01pm On Jul 26, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

noo. you create one for me if you wat to. i am too lazy to do that.

*Sigh*

Then stop polluting every thread I answer in with trying to be rude about me and my daughter, then. I have shown nothing but respect in answering you, you should consider the same.
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:05pm On Jul 26, 2012
JallowBah:

*Sigh*

Then stop polluting every thread I answer in with trying to be rude about me and my daughter, then. I have shown nothing but respect in answering you, you should consider the same.

no it is you is polluting threads by seeping bad ideology into my peoples mind.
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by JallowBah(f): 11:41pm On Jul 26, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

no it is you is polluting threads by seeping bad ideology into my peoples mind.

"ok."

There is no getting through to you, so for some time now, I will just ignore your attempts to insult me, and pollute peoples mind with racism.
May you be blessed in every way the universe wish for you, my energy will go for other things.

smiley
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:49pm On Jul 26, 2012
JallowBah:

"ok."

There is no getting through to you, so for some time now, I will just ignore your attempts to insult me, and pollute peoples mind with racism.
May you be blessed in every way the universe wish for you, my energy will go for other things.

smiley

good.
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by Tolaaaaannni(f): 4:30pm On Jul 27, 2012
JallowBah:

Then why not do it?
Because im scared of the pain.
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by kengis: 4:46pm On Jul 27, 2012
I would brag about it
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by JallowBah(f): 7:16pm On Jul 27, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:
Because im scared of the pain.

I can understand that. But its a part of itsmiley
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by espn(m): 7:22pm On Jul 27, 2012
Tribal marks sucks..ahhh!
Re: What Would You Do If You Have Tribal Marks by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 29, 2012
Tribal Mark? God bless my Grand Ma who helped me get one. Am so happy,its a symbol and secret of my stunning appearance. Many of my friends told me,I won't be attractive without it. I love it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flora Coquerel - Miss France / Urgent! Igbo Soap Script Wanted / The Big Snake I Killed In My Shop Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.