Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

What Do You Like About Your Father. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Like About Your Father. (10933 Views)

How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) / Dedicate A Song To Your Father / What Would You Remember Your Father For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Like About Your Father. by styca(m): 1:26pm On Jul 23, 2012
there's one event that happen and this led me to admire my father more. the calmness and maturity he exhibited made me to start cultivating that trait.
Another been his optimism even in the face of so many odds.this has made me to grow to feel secure anytime am around him and no matter the situation.
so peeps hit me with your posts on what makes your dad to rock.

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by blackbalang(f): 5:52pm On Jul 23, 2012
Simple, he loves me even in situations when I totally hate myself......he screams a lot but then he is the best. there are just something words can not explain, but in summary, I love him cos he's a true father

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Ivynwa(f): 10:26pm On Jul 23, 2012
He makes me laugh like no other. The minute we sight ourselves, we begin to crack jokes and make each other laugh. My father, my sister and I are a great team. The three of us draw surprising stares from our neighbours when we use to sit on the balcony and make ourselves laugh. My father makes words like "aforesaid" sound like aforsay and we all had to consult the dictionary when he was arguing that the word "afor" is in the dictionary as the word "afor" happens to be part of the olden days mgbeke name grandma gave him. He is so very sweet and I love him much.

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Topewealth: 10:48pm On Jul 23, 2012
Oh! My dad is the best father l cn ever think of, after God , its my father , he was there 4 me whn my mum was away, he actd as a mother and a father, he raised up to fear nd honour God, he was my boyfriend whn l was growin up as a younggirl, l gave me every money l need to take gud kia of myself til l got a job aftr my degree, he advise me lik a mother, care and love me. He also impact investment skills into me. Oh! I cn't mention it all, he is d best father l hav eva seen.
I LOVE U DAD!

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 24, 2012
His humour and out-of-the-box reasoning and ways.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by akj26(m): 9:28pm On Jul 24, 2012
I love my dad more than my mum!!! He could go 2 any length 2 make us happy.He woke me up everynight 2 read when I was a kid.My mum doesnt care much.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by angiemartinez(f): 11:21am On Jul 26, 2012
his honesty n maturity

1 Like

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by sucezTP(f): 9:02pm On Jul 26, 2012
I love my dad because, through his help and that of my mum, i was brought into this world.
Who knows?! Maybe, i wld still be up there peeping at the children, while they suck their mum's breast and play with their dad.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by styca(m): 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2012
sucezTP: I love my dad because, through his help and that of my mum, i was brought into this world.
Who knows?! Maybe, i wld still be up there peeping at the children, while they suck their mum's breast and play with their dad.

lol grin grin grin
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Rejoyla(f): 4:02pm On Jul 27, 2012
I love my dad and i prefer him to my mum.My dad spoils us with cash compared to my mum who is always askin 4 account on how we spend money grin
wheneva my dad is angry,we know it wud soon passn he wud come 2 terms wit d mistake u av made n look 4 a solution,but my mum...Jesus christ,she wud remind u abt it 4 d next 10 years,if not more

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by mo2raur(f): 12:28am On Jul 30, 2012
My father, Mr Adebajo A.A himself, Ijoba fondly calld my his frds or Goverment or Baba ijebu nt becos he is stingy but becos he is a native of Omo ljebu.

I dnt knw hw to describe you but i v dis to say he is loving, sweet , kind, generous( i remberd wen u paid for 2 of my frds dat couldnt afford GCE fee). Ready at any time to give his last kobo to us. At my age my sweet dad wil stil chop remain 4 me. He v good retentive memory, intelligent(always helpin me wit my assignment during my undergraduate days).

Opeoluwa, anytime he calls that my special name i knw sumtin good is on my way. He dnt wnt me to b behind or tink or get disturb dat is y u paid 4 my Master dat im doin nw. Though u v retired wen i was just 10yrs old. U wantd d 3 of us to b sum1 in life we'l definitely get there.

Always doing vigil praying 4 us. U celebratd ur 75th bday last mth. God pls grant him more yrs in good health. He is too nice, God bless us while he is stil alive not after he is died.

Dad, i knw u r nt hapy 4 sumtim nw but not my fault i'l stil b dat Mrs u wantd very soon by God grace, u wont die nw or soon cos u n mum wil carry my babies. U tried dad. I love u in a trillion times, i love u 2 Mamaniyan i love my family.

This thread makes me cry, infact so sad.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Ivynwa(f): 2:31am On Aug 03, 2012
I came to check the updates on this thread and almost felt bad that I kept quiet on my mother as if I don't love her too. Poster you should have asked about father and mother because the two go together.

I love my mother too in a deeper way even when I have a special bond with my father and my sister. My mother of blessed memory is what I am today. She built me up, taught me modesty. She is a good woman, very industrious. My mother never worked for anybody in all her life, she always have her own thing doing for herself even when she was as young as 14/15 years old, thinking of that makes me ashamed of myself that I am working for others.(Now let me not be hard on myself---Lol). The epitome of the virtuous woman of the bible. She was priceless, can do great things with her hands, was highly reverred among her peers for her independence and hard work. Ain't no woman like my mama. She was a princess yet so humble that when she passed away the neighbours were amazed to see the name "Princess" appended on the name of such an unpretentious woman and it was after her death that I got to understand that I hold the title of a princess too unlike my cousins that have been swagging away over it all and feeling cool while growing up, she could not be swayed/bothered with title nor royalty. Her coming from a royal family was never given such importance for us her children to understand the gravity of that. She was even a thousand times more beautiful things that describing may bring tears to my eyes. Now how do one relegate a mother that priceless to the background and talk about the father alone? Bear with me poster, I have to appreciate the two.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by obyikye(f): 10:40pm On Aug 04, 2012
My papa was a hard nut to crack, ströng, strict yet loving and fun to be with. You were my advicer and mentor. Forgive me for not understanding u when u were HERE! I was ur last child out of ten kids, so u can imagine the age difference, u talk in 60ties and i reply in 90ties. I missed u so much- that i cried last tuesday in my office, wished u were here to enjoy ur labour. When u died my life chattered and i experienced a different world filled with unimagineable,a world apart from what it used to be! it wasn't an easy struggle and path but I give God all the glory for he has shown me mercy, kindness, and has being a father to me since then. I can finally say RIP PAPA till we meet to part no more.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Roseey0(f): 5:41am On Aug 06, 2012
Nland cant contain wat i like abt my papa,i jst pray dat God wil kip him for me,becos he must enjoy d fruit of hs labour.I WISH AL MEn CUD BE LIKE MY FADA

1 Like

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by styca(m): 10:41am On Aug 13, 2012
Ivynwa: I came to check the updates on this thread and almost felt bad that I kept quiet on my mother as if I don't love her too. Poster you should have asked about father and mother because the two go together.

I love my mother too in a deeper way even when I have a special bond with my father and my sister. My mother of blessed memory is what I am today. She built me up, taught me modesty. She is a good woman, very industrious. My mother never worked for anybody in all her life, she always have her own thing doing for herself even when she was as young as 14/15 years old, thinking of that makes me ashamed of myself that I am working for others.(Now let me not be hard on myself---Lol). The epitome of the virtuous woman of the bible. She was priceless, can do great things with her hands, was highly reverred among her peers for her independence and hard work. Ain't no woman like my mama. She was a princess yet so humble that when she passed away the neighbours were amazed to see the name "Princess" appended on the name of such an unpretentious woman and it was after her death that I got to understand that I hold the title of a princess too unlike my cousins that have been swagging away over it all and feeling cool while growing up, she could not be swayed/bothered with title nor royalty. Her coming from a royal family was never given such importance for us her children to understand the gravity of that. She was even a thousand times more beautiful things that describing may bring tears to my eyes. Now how do one relegate a mother that priceless to the background and talk about the father alone? Bear with me poster, I have to appreciate the two.

@ivynwa i thought about that,i had this experience that made me realize how much i love my dad that's why i had to ask that question.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 13, 2012
undecided
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 13, 2012
He was solid, reliable and believed in true marriage!

He took his wife's family as his own and made sure EVERYONE was well taken care of!

He loved his children to peices, even though we were mostly girls in a world dominated by men!

He NEVER let anybody harrass or talk down on his daughters.

He was a true champion and understood the true importance of family!
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 13, 2012
The fact that I get to "escape" on october! Ok, jokes aside, he's ok. Sometimes.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Kk4(m): 3:01pm On Aug 13, 2012
As a kid I thought my father was the smartest man on earth. I still secretly do
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 13, 2012
Hey Dad, I know you are doing great up there.
Things are going on down here almost as you envisaged. So long.
*sobs*

1 Like

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by joanana(f): 3:07pm On Aug 13, 2012
Kind Heart and Discipline
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by tantan: 3:08pm On Aug 13, 2012
HIS STRICTNESS , COZ WITHOUT THE STRICTNESS, LESS WOULD HAV BEEN ACHIEVED.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by PeeDaVinci: 3:12pm On Aug 13, 2012
let me give a narrative to explain what i love about him
1995 December, he (with barely no savings and 5 children) lost his job, yet we had the best xmas and new year celebrations, and none of us knew he had no job until he found another 4 months after he lost his previous job.
till today, i still ask him how he managed
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by livin: 3:14pm On Aug 13, 2012
His wife was his best friend.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by yetty12showguy(f): 3:15pm On Aug 13, 2012
cryMy late father,i loved everything about him,he was calm,caring,slow to anger,understanding,God fearing,generous,he is the best father in the world.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 13, 2012
The way he disciplined me....
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by livin: 3:15pm On Aug 13, 2012
Ujujoan: He was solid, reliable and believed in true marriage!

He took his wife's family as his own and made sure EVERYONE was well taken care of!

He loved his children to peices, even though we were mostly girls in a world dominated by men!

He NEVER let anybody harrass or talk down on his daughters.

He was a true champion and understood the true importance of family!

Ditto
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Landmark(m): 3:16pm On Aug 13, 2012
Though my father is late i can never for get him for a lot of things.
He is selfless and sacrificial, he lived for people both families and people that are not his family.
He is also full of wisdom, this he demonstrated in all that he did when alive.
He also defended the helpless when the need arose to do that.
He is also a man that has the heart for God and very prayerful.
I will always have him close to my heart. I miss him so much that i still feel the vacuum.
I love you dad.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by joanana(f): 3:16pm On Aug 13, 2012
PeeDaVinci: let me give a narrative to explain what i love about him
1995 December, he (with barely no savings and 5 children) lost his job, yet we had the best xmas and new year celebrations, and none of us knew he had no job until he found another 4 months after he lost his previous job.
till today, i still ask him how he managed

That is man that truly n sincerely loves his family n will always make them happy no matter the situation. God i beg of you give me such a man as my husband!!! grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by JustME7(m): 3:16pm On Aug 13, 2012
My dad can spend o. Anytime am with him, i'm never broke. Always loaded. And he also likes education, asin, forcing us to read. He is strict. Had it not been for him, i wouldn't have reached where i am today.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Kolade9(m): 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
I luv my pman cos he believes in me. He's also a motivational speaker.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
I learnt the secret of goodlife from my Dad. That man rocks...He is the best in the World.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Can We Say About Moral Decadence In Nigeria / Who Is Really The Pillar Of The Family? / Help With A Meanig Of Seeing A Dead Father In The Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.