Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

What Do You Like About Your Father. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Like About Your Father. (10927 Views)

How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) / Dedicate A Song To Your Father / What Would You Remember Your Father For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by dabrake(m): 3:18pm On Aug 13, 2012
When I was much younger(5 - 9), I will be playing with my age grade and all of a sudden, my dad will arrive from work, take me and my elder sister to his room, bring out his board and he will start teaching us simple interest and those business mathematics.
At first, I hated him for stealing my play time but with time, . . . I happen to be one of the finest mathematics/statistics student wherever I find myself.
RIP dad. I love you die
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by not2long(m): 3:18pm On Aug 13, 2012
i love and like my dad because of the way he used to beat me when i was young sometimes i always look forward to his beating, even at the slightest provocation,omo you don die,u dare not watch television while he's watching but now,he can even leave the telly for u and collect the remote from him.there can never be another man like my dad, but now i miss him, he's so gentle and i miss those days he used to beat me, i later got use to his beating,GOD BLESS MY DAD.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by nikkyshyne(f): 3:21pm On Aug 13, 2012
My Daddy smiley

I lost my mum twenty something years ago when I was quite young. He never remarried. He gave us himself whole heartily. He is my mother, father and pastor all in one. He is the spiritual type and trust me, his judgment and predictions are always right.

He is so disciplined and we his children are left with no choice than to be principled as well. Yet he is one heck of a funny guy cheesy. His voice is so loud that when we want to gossip or gist, me and my bro will quietly close the windows. And if we tell him his voice is loud he will say "se mo je anybody l'owo nii. Ile mi ko ni mo wa ni"(am I owing anybody, is this not my house?)

One very funny thing about my dad is that, he can wake up in the middle of the night and start fixing things. He can go the length of even hammering stuffs in the middle of the night. That man no send at all.

Anywayz, pops is a priceless gem. I love him to bits. Long live my dad kisskisskisskiss

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by deeplow: 3:23pm On Aug 13, 2012
Alluhamdulilahi Is all I have to say.my hero,friend,brother,father,helper .e.t.c. I couldn't have gotten a better father.may you and mum live long enough to enjoy the fruits of your labour
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Babaofor(m): 3:26pm On Aug 13, 2012
He is short just like moi.lol
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Truckpusher(m): 3:26pm On Aug 13, 2012
One thing that cracks my ribs grin grin grin and still makes me bitter undecided undecided undecidedis the way he makes me and my elder bro feel less important whenever a beautiful girl or lady is around the house and he completely changes his accent,the man handsome sha!!!..and i'll not forget the day he bought me a bottle of beer when i was 17yrs of age and ask me to drink saying that life is too short to be spent trying to change the world....yeah i still remember that.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by lordbucos(m): 3:28pm On Aug 13, 2012
My Dad,may God Amighty bless his soul . I cant just stop thinking about his generousity life,he was jovial,kind and above all, always ready to help most especially when someone is facing one challenges or the other. May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Jyde89: 3:32pm On Aug 13, 2012
When i was growing up, i use to think that my father had no ambition in life, seeing how other men drove big car's, wear good cloath's,buy houses, i alway's wondered why my own father could'nt do all those thing's, why he prefered to just live life the way he see's it and not attempt anything big. But now when i remember how he would wakeup around 4am in the morning to go work then as a danfo driver and come back home by 10pm, how he shouldered the responsibility of fending for a family of 9 including hisself, how he swore to hisself that none of his children will ever go through what he went through in life as a child and he fullfilled that promise,and the way and manner he made us feel like rich kid's even though we had less. I have no other feeling toward's him, other than a heart of gratitude and respect, indeed he had an ambition in life, his children. What a great father he his..... Babami i'll alway's love you.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Habibakasim(f): 3:32pm On Aug 13, 2012
Hmmmmmm if am 2 talk abt my dad dat wat nt gona end. He his simply d best out of d best. So encouragin, motivatin, makes u beliv in ur dreams, understanin, kiarin,lovin,olways dere n wil olways let u no d truth n facts n wil cal u whn ever u ar wrong. Interms af acdamics wow dat somtin else. Luv u dad
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Parnassuss(m): 3:35pm On Aug 13, 2012
That chairman is easily the most intelligent, diligent and hardworking human male I know. For real guys I wished you all could meet my pops. The guy's just the shiznit!
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Skoopy(m): 3:35pm On Aug 13, 2012
He is very calm & gentle to his kids and very reliable in every sense.
In many ways he is an epitome of a true father.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by alowobaba(m): 3:36pm On Aug 13, 2012
I cant stop thinking about u.i thought abt u yesterday and
days b4 that too.i think of u in silence, all i ve is memories
and a picture. I have u in my heart. I have loss someone so
dear to me... janatu frydaus is what am praying for u dad..
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 13, 2012
cry
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by mhozzis(m): 3:47pm On Aug 13, 2012
My Dad is great. He calls me everyday when am is school even after sending me recharge card that i never call him with. If am travelling he would call every hour to ask where i having gotten too. He always want to talk to you even when it shows on your face that you are angry and dont wanna talk (this pisses me off though). My Dad will always always be the first to talk to your even when both of just had a quarrel. I can keep typing both this tread wont be enough. I love my Dad even though i've not told him. I hope we get to express our love for them directly bnd not just type and post here Mr. Bamidele Martins Anifowose
Mummy I love You Too o.

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by SIRBANYE(m): 3:48pm On Aug 13, 2012
Hmmmm, he paid my fees while growing up, outside that I hope not to be like him, seen better angry

1 Like

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by owabor(f): 3:49pm On Aug 13, 2012
My dad made sure his girl children are educatd to d core and he likes to read, dat is y am like him in terms of news, he would always want to know wht is happenin in naija and al over d world @ every given hour. Tnk God 4 him.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 13, 2012
My Dad: aka Baba Junior, aka Pappy J is one of the most wonderful men alive. I used to think he was the strongest man alive: that's when we used to watch WWF/WCW in primary school and we(my siblings and I) asked him if he could beat Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior and he said yes. Omo that got me in trouble until I realised the role of weight in a fight as I beecame fearless and I no dey run and bigger boys beat me- but it taught me to be brave. He is so intelligent and funny(so funny my neighbour's kids used to ask us what made us laugh so loud last night). But don't mess with him, my popcy's temper can switch in an instant, I got that from him too. The man is amazing, words truly fail me. The thing I love most about him is the kind of education and mentality he raised me with. I no dey look face because my papa no dey look face. I am fearless because he is fearless. I am honest because he is honest.
Also, he loves his children so so so much he would do anything for us; at our age. He never fit go o, I must hammer before im go.

PS: I actually saved his name as Superman on my phone, and my baby sis saved it World's Greatest. Can you beat that. Baba tuale.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Lollycutie(f): 3:59pm On Aug 13, 2012
My dad was a rare gem,words cannot discribe him,i love him so much,he had d most cuties smile in dis word,wounderful dipholes,he was and will alwaz b my hero.May his soul rest in peace.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by illicit(m): 3:59pm On Aug 13, 2012
i cant really remember much about my dad cos i lost him wen i was just 9, but i remember he was always smellin nice and always have his bath twice daily. he was handsome and quite nice but bad tempered sha. and he was the first nigerian police officer that i ever know RIP.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Jemibee: 4:00pm On Aug 13, 2012
Just becos he's famous and well respected in the society. He's an irresponsible fellow but only his family knows this.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by onuwaje(m): 4:01pm On Aug 13, 2012
I can't say mush but he was my best friend u was closer to him than my mom....his legacy still lives on...I lOVE U PAPA
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by chocome: 4:03pm On Aug 13, 2012
my popsy na one in a million. i remember d day he beat my younger sister until she poo for body just becouse say she dey play for outside our compound. anyway sha my dad is d best when compel to others
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 13, 2012
I am my dad's best and he is my super human. i so much love him though i sometimes annoy him, he wil give me words of advise and encouragement,and further say: youre are born to rule ,if olny you focus. DAD I LOVE AND CHERISH YOU NOW AND FOREVER
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by pearlhapi(f): 4:09pm On Aug 13, 2012
My dad is a FATHER personalised•hes my mentor my mother my friend and everything•sooo understanding and accomodating•my dad actually told me to link him up with my bf,haaaaa I felt sooo wanted and cared for that day•lastly he's loved by all!that alone makes me feel proud of him.most times I tell my friends my dad is a dictionary•he is actually my dictionary•I dnt only love him ooooo,I GBADU HIM
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Lerin(f): 4:09pm On Aug 13, 2012
So many wonderful things to say about my dad. He is 73yrs now and I get disturbed anytime I remember this,so my prayer always is that God remembers me speedly so that he can also eat my own part of the fruit of his labour. PLEASE GOD KEEP MY DAD IN GOOD HEALTH.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 13, 2012
I like the fact that my dad will buy anything we ask to make us happy. He knows we don't make unreasonable demands.
I love him because of the trust n faith he has in me.
Simply put, I love my father unconditionally. He loves me that way too. Everyday!!!!
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by attah6: 4:14pm On Aug 13, 2012
he is intelligent,
gentle and nice,
i love him.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by abasifo(m): 4:19pm On Aug 13, 2012
he was a hardworking man , a man dat love God
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by obi123: 4:28pm On Aug 13, 2012
my dad is my number one person , i admire him for his foresight, wisdom, though he can nag for the united kingdom, he is the funniest person i know.
i love how he will flash me when he wants me to call and there's me thinking there's one very important information,i will rush to the corridor at work to call him back only for him to say he flashed to say hello.
i like how he believes, in fact he is convinced that the shaving stick in the UK is better than the one in naija, its usually at the top of my shopping list when i come home.
i like how he groups chocolates ,sweets and the like under toffee.
i love how when he wants to do amebo he starts every sentence with "incidentally".
i like how when he wants attention he will just hint to one of my siblings that there is a way his breathing was the night before , all 8 of us will be bombarding him with calls and visits.
i love how when his grand kids, all 6 of them come to the house for the weekend he will complain till tomorrow of how they have finished the food in the house but secretly i know he loves that they are there and he misses them when they go to their respective homes.
i like how there is never a brief call with him,nothing like daddy this is just a quick call to find out .... , next thing "incidentally" , i know say that my £5 lebara must finish
My dad is amazing , i owe him a lot

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by ydtaurus5: 4:29pm On Aug 13, 2012
i love him because of who he is, he is agile,caring(even after beating us then ,he will give us hot tea to console us),he can discipline(he was once a teacher),takes responsibilities for anything he does,(which i emulated but seriously affecting me now i think like a man).
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by sucezTP(f): 4:37pm On Aug 13, 2012
pearl~hapi:
My dad is a FATHER personalised•hes my mentor my mother my friend and everything•sooo understanding and accomodating•my dad actually told me to link him up with my bf,haaaaa I felt sooo wanted and cared for that day•lastly he's loved by all!that alone makes me feel proud of him.most times I tell my friends my dad is a dictionary•he is actually my dictionary•I dnt only love him ooooo,I GBADU HIM

Hmm, i like this!
Just like my dad, he is my google..
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by adetunrayo(f): 4:40pm On Aug 13, 2012
my dad is too gentle to a fault, never seen anyone like him. i love him so much. His concern for his children can be very irritating at times,but that is just him. I pray God will prolong his lives more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help With A Meanig Of Seeing A Dead Father In The Dream / What Can We Say About Moral Decadence In Nigeria / The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.