Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,194 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones (28829 Views)

Will BBM For Android & IOS Be The Final End Of Blackberry In Nigeria?? / Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! / Etisalat Reduces Price Of Blackberry Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by charlsecy4(m): 8:00pm On Jul 23, 2012
The only reason I'll ever go for a BlackBerry device is, if I want to be on the BlackBerry Messenger app and if, and when the BIS and BBC can be used to establish an unlimited Internet connection on a regular PC. Or, if someone presents it to me as a gift.

THERE IS NO OTHER THING THAT BLACKBERRY IS PARTICULARLY GOOD FOR, APART FROM BLACKBERRY MESSENGER.

Is it application-wise? In fact, among all smartphones, BlackBerry has the fewest number of applications it can run.

Is it flexibility? To use BlackBerry service, you must buy its service in whole, you can't use, say N17 to BBM for the meantime; you must subscribe.

Is it Battery? Hmmmmmm. Your guess is as good as mine.

Even if you have a regular Internet subscription, you will still need to buy BlackBerry service before you can download with its browser.

Remove the battery of a BlackBerry device, put it back, and it will take at least 5 minutes to fully power on.

Prove any of the things I said about BlackBerry wrong.

http://www.mobiletechnologybits..com

2 Likes

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by mrkels(m): 8:11pm On Jul 23, 2012
It is evident that you have used a Chinko blackberry! These are so not the weakpoints of a blackberry . Do you really know the use of the blackberry smartphone? And no its not only used for pinging, and you talk about battery problems? Well I hate to break it to you,but when you buy fake phones at computer village what do you expect from it? Get a brand new blackberry and you would be glad you did.

7 Likes

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Dsage1: 9:18pm On Jul 23, 2012
The guy is right to some extent, BB is suck especially if you are not subscribe. I'm a BB user,I can tell u all what he listed above was true.

11 Likes

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by charlsecy4(m): 9:33pm On Jul 23, 2012
One good thing about BIS is that it is cheaper than the regular Internet package.

4 Likes

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by charlsecy4(m): 9:35pm On Jul 23, 2012
@mrkels
What do you have to say to D sage's comment who is also a BlackBerry user?

See D sage's comment:
The guy is right to some extent, BB is suck especially if you are not subscribe. I'm a BB user,I can tell u all what he listed above was true.

mrkels: These are so not the weak points of a BlackBerry.

So tell us the weak points "of a BlackBerry."

mrkels: It is evident that you have used a Chinko blackberry!

Let me tell you, You can't buy "Chinko BlackBerry" without knowing it [before or after] because it can't run BIS or BBC. Any phone that runs BIS or BBC must be an original Blackberry!

3 Likes

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by pafestula(m): 10:02pm On Jul 23, 2012
BB my foot!!!

1 Like

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by cupid4ig(m): 1:52am On Jul 24, 2012
oga first of all without ur bis u can still browse with ur phone browser, opera mini, 2go. bb is not meant for pinging alone it is idiots like u that believe it is only meant for pinging.ok let me as u why do u think celebrities use bb? if u think is because of pinging then u need to tro away ur phone cos u dont need it. my touch 9810 takes only 2mins to boot yes i know it takes time but i cant complain much. then battery yes the battery dont last that is if u have an active bis but the same thing goes to nokia and android phone try connect it on the internet without plugging it to light i give u 3hours the battery will run down, if u have enough money on ur phone try it one day and see for ur self undecided when i mean connect connect it and leave it for 3 or even 3 good hours dont connect and discount it. i have personally try it with my nokia n97 so pls if u dont know what to write just shut ur mouth and keep quite. by the way who asked u to review it i guess u dont have money for one mtcheeeeeew. tongue lipsrsealed undecided cry sad shocked angry

14 Likes

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by charlsecy4(m): 7:19am On Jul 24, 2012
cupid4ig: oga first of all without ur bis u can still browse with ur phone browser, opera mini, 2go. bb is not meant for pinging alone it is idiots like u that believe it is only meant for pinging.ok let me as u why do u think celebrities use bb? if u think is because of pinging then u need to tro away ur phone cos u dont need it. my touch 9810 takes only 2mins to boot yes i know it takes time but i cant complain much. then battery yes the battery dont last that is if u have an active bis but the same thing goes to nokia and android phone try connect it on the internet without plugging it to light i give u 3hours the battery will run down, if u have enough money on ur phone try it one day and see for ur self undecided when i mean connect connect it and leave it for 3 or even 3 good hours dont connect and discount it. i have personally try it with my nokia n97 so pls if u dont know what to write just shut ur mouth and keep quite. by the way who asked u to review it i guess u dont have money for one mtcheeeeeew. tongue lipsrsealed undecided cry sad shocked angry

I never said you couldn't browse with your BlackBerry service on Opera Mini. I stated that you couldn't DOWNLOAD without BlackBerry service. Am I right?

It is false to say you could browse with your phone browser, that is BlackBerry Browser without an active BlackBerry service.

Back in the days, 2go was not compatible with BlackBerry service, but it is different today. If you make a fresh download, you will discover that 2go now depends on BlackBerry service. For me, this is not a good development because it has killed flexibility - you must buy BlackBerry service to now 2go. I just pray that they don't make Opera Mini dependent on BlackBerry service.

Talking about battery; can you in all honesty say that a BlackBerry battery is better than that of Nokia? Check Nokia C6-00: with constant Internet connection, the phone can run for more than 9 hours on 2G, and more than 7 hours on 3G. Can you in all sincerity say that a BlackBerry battery is better than that of Nokia?

I laugh when you said I didn't have money to acquire a BlackBerry. And who told you I don't have one, or can't buy one? Let me tell you one truth: BLACKBERRY IS CHEAPER THAN NOKIA AND OTHER SIMILAR DEVICES, EITHER IN TERMS OF ACQUISITION COST OR DATA COST! For example, with just N1,500, you can buy BlackBerry data capped at unlimited. However, even after spending N8,000, you still receive an average of 5G on a regular Internet package. If you are frank enough, you know which is cheaper to maintain.

Who says celebrities use BlackBerry in a way different from the way they use other brands? Apart from pinging, what other functionality does a BlackBerry offer that other mobile devices don't, or can't offer? Just know that with WhatsApp, the exclusivity of BBM is now diminished.

In conclusion, anyone who buys a BlackBerry device based on the hype about it is likely going to regret it. The exaggerated publicity about it will make you think it is a miracle machine. So, when you buy it, you will be expecting to see more, and on discovering that there is "nothing much" about it, you become "not so enthusiastic" about it.

http://www.mobiletechbits.com/

37 Likes

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 24, 2012
Though I av my own reservations on this bb stuff. But not all what u said is true especially if u know how to tweak. My bb boots in a min!!! I also use my mtn BIS subscription to surf on my system. My bold2 battery also lasts more than a day with active BIS depending on usage!!!! There are also much more tins to do with a bb than ping!!!
I believe for d Nigerian environment, BB beats all other fones!!!

7 Likes

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by charlsecy4(m): 7:42am On Jul 24, 2012
walestrings: Though I av my own reservations on this bb stuff. But not all what u said is true especially if u know how to tweak. My bb boots in a min!!! I also use my mtn BIS subscription to surf on my system. My bold2 battery also lasts more than a day with active BIS depending on usage!!!! There are also much more tins to do with a bb than ping!!!

Remove the battery, wait 3 minutes, put it back and see how long it takes to fully come on...... At the same rate, Nokia battery, for example, will last longer than that of a BlackBerry.

How do you use BIS to establish an Internet connection on a PC? A friend of mine subscribed to BBC hoping to use it on a PC, but it didn't work out. It was a waste because he didn't have a BlackBerry......

1 Like

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by pafestula(m): 9:01am On Jul 24, 2012
@ OP u dont need to drag with (cupid4ig) from d way and manner he sounds and replied arrogantly and unrefined certificated raw human due to his level of brute and callow of no comparism, shows that he is an illirate and BB freaks, what u av expressed here has never called for his above statement, he said "Idiot like U" meaning of such nonsenscial languages The stupid 9810 touch sliding BB d local champion is praising as if is an archivement in life is nothing to write home about, also to crown it all he said "u dont av money to acquire one" BB that a complete alloy rim and michellene tyre will sort out, so tell me d tangible ego in it aside BBM? I av tested BB and dumped it for upcoming users like (cupid4ig) so mind d way u advertise BB where am talking! And I want all BB supporters to prove him wrong, not to castigate him like dat BOY called cupid4ig. Thanks
from BB IGWE wen BB were still BB, not wen UK BB saved people like cupid4ig.

8 Likes

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by jude33084(m): 9:05am On Jul 24, 2012
charlsecy4:

Remove the battery, wait 3 minutes, put it back and see how long it takes to fully come on...... At the same rate, Nokia battery, for example, will last longer than that of a BlackBerry.

How do you use BIS to establish an Internet connection on a PC? A friend of mine subscribed to BBC hoping to use it on a PC, but it didn't work out. It was a waste because he didn't have a BlackBerry......

It is posible that ♈☺uЯ friend don't know ƗƗ♡w to. I will advice Ɣ☺Ʊ to do ♈☺uЯ reseach properly wink

1 Like

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by pafestula(m): 9:08am On Jul 24, 2012
@ OP u dont need to drag with (cupid4ig) from d way and manner he sounds and replied arrogantly and unrefined certificated raw human due to his level of brute and callow of no comparism, shows that he is an illitrate and BB freaks, what u av expressed here has never called for his above statement, he said "Idiot like U" meaning of such nonsenscial languages The stupid 9810 touch sliding BB d local champion is praising as if is an archivement in life is nothing to write home about, also to crown it all he said "u dont av money to acquire one" BB that a complete alloy rim and michellene tyre will sort out, so tell me d tangible ego in it aside BBM? I av tested BB and dumped it for upcoming users like (cupid4ig) so mind d way u advertise BB where am talking! And I want all BB supporters to prove him wrong, not to castigate him like dat BOY called cupid4ig. Thanks
from BB IGWE wen BB were still BB, not wen UK BB saved people like cupid4ig.
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Dsage1: 10:32am On Jul 24, 2012
walestrings: Though I av my own reservations on this bb stuff. But not all what u said is true especially if u know how to tweak. My bb boots in a min!!! I also use my mtn BIS subscription to surf on my system. My bold2 battery also lasts more than a day with active BIS depending on usage!!!! There are also much more tins to do with a bb than ping!!!

Note;there is noting BB can do that other browsing phones cannot. BBM is ordinary yahoo messager that's perfectly working on normal Nokia browsing phones. The diffrnt is dat, BBM used short code and not emails(check d symbol)The one and only unbeatable disadvantage of BB is that,you can't browse without monthly subcription. I'm a BB user since since 2010,der4 talking from experience.

4 Likes

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by tobechi20(m): 12:36pm On Jul 24, 2012
Person wey no get money to buy jeep go talk say im no like jeep

person wey no sabi mechanic work go talk say the spanner no good...

6 Likes

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by kaiter: 1:52pm On Jul 24, 2012
I av tested BB and dumped it for upcoming users like (cupid4ig) so mind d way u advertise BB where am talking! And I want all BB supporters to prove him wrong, not to castigate him like dat BOY called cupid4ig. [img]http://www.demama.info/g.gif[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by xpensive05: 1:54pm On Jul 24, 2012
Ol wetin u mention no follo jor coz say u no get moni 4 BB no min say u go tak lyk dis................. :POl
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by goldenval(m): 1:56pm On Jul 24, 2012
charlsecy4: The only reason I'll ever go for a BlackBerry device is, if I want to be on the BlackBerry Messenger app and if, and when the BIS and BBC can be used to establish an unlimited Internet connection on a regular PC. Or, if someone presents it to me as a gift.

THERE IS NO OTHER THING THAT BLACKBERRY IS PARTICULARLY GOOD FOR, APART FROM BLACKBERRY MESSENGER.

Is it application-wise? In fact, among all smartphones, BlackBerry has the fewest number of applications it can run.

Is it flexibility? To use BlackBerry service, you must buy its service in whole, you can't use, say N17 to BBM for the meantime; you must subscribe.

Is it Battery? Hmmmmmm. Your guess is as good as mine.

Even if you have a regular Internet subscription, you will still need to buy BlackBerry service before you can download with its browser.

Remove the battery of a BlackBerry device, put it back, and it will take at least 5 minutes to fully power on.

Prove any of the things I said about BlackBerry wrong.

I wrote this article 3months ago in one of the USA Small Business Website.

I disagree everything you said here maybe you don't know how to use Blackberry

BlackBerry And The African Market: What Does it Have to
Offer?

The world of mobile technology has improved greatly over the
years. The vast number of brands in the global market today has
caused a great variation in the demand of some. One of the greatly
affected brands is the BlackBerry, from the Canadian company RIM
(Research In Motion).

In the past few years, RIM has experienced a reduction in sales of
the BlackBerry that occurred when other smart phones such as
the Android and iPhone hit the market. However, RIM experienced
this meltdown mainly in the North American market. In the African
market, the reverse is the case. Presently, Africa is a ripe market
for the BlackBerry.

Contador Harrison, a software developer with mobile solutions
provider Somocon Oy writes:

“… Research in Motion should see Africa as a market that can play
a key role in its plans for continued investment and growth in the
smartphone business.There is no doubt that Africa is a market
where you have a great mix of enterprise,small and medium
enterprise and growing consumers. The continent is a fast
becoming a commercial hub with a healthy appetite for high-tech
commercial solutions.RIM enjoyed a year-on-year growth of
27% in Africa, according to IDC’s Africa Quarterly Mobile Phone
Tracker 2Q 2011 survey.Overall,smartphone shipments grew by
65% year-on-year.BlackBerrys have carved a niche for
themselves in Africa like no other smartphone brands….”

He goes on to point out that this is why “over 3,000,000 new
business popping up in African provide an ideal market for RIM than
other platforms.”

This is a viewpoint I agree with. With this in mind, the question here
is, “Why is Africa embracing the BlackBerry?”

Like every other place, Africans love technology and this is no
wonder why BlackBerry has carved a niche for itself in the African
market. Like every other mobile device, BlackBerry also has
features like gaming and Internet browsing. But it owes its craze in
Africa to its BBM (BlackBerry Messenger) and Appworld features.
These features are responsible for the viral effect it is creating on
the African market. The BBM has this affinity because of its ability
to share text and voice messages as well as pictures and video clips.
It has become the most downloaded free app from the BlackBerry
App world in Africa.

BlackBerry provides various advantages for its users, for those
active in social media and those in the business world alike. Social
interaction is one of the reasons why BlackBerry is found more
among youths that any other age group in Africa. Youths use the
BlackBerry Messenger service to text messages to one another,
share images and connect socially.

In my country of Nigeria, almost every household has a BlackBerry.
Despite prices of $150 and up per device, people will sometimes
sell other belongings to buy a BlackBerry.

The BlackBerry gives its user a sense of class and belonging. It is no
wonder that school students find it wise to sacrifice their school
fees for the purchase of a BlackBerry device. The different
BlackBerry plans made available by the mobile service networks are
enough to skyrocket the urge to get one.

According to Riu Brites, the product director at RIM for Africa,
BlackBerry access in South Africa is affordable with flat rate plans.
In Nigeria, prices of the BlackBerry plans from the various mobile
networks (Airtel, Glo and MTN) are from $5 to $10 per month,
giving users the choice to pick what they feel is best.

Access to computers is harder to get in parts of Africa than in
America and other areas of the world. With the BlackBerry you can
stay connected and conduct business without worrying about
power or Internet access for a regular computer, and without the
inconvenience of going to an Internet cafe to get online.
Can the BlackBerry device be as effective in business as
it is in social media?

Saying that the BlackBerry is enough to replace a personal assistant
is an ideal answer to this question. In business, many functions can
affect operations. Functions like scheduling of business meetings,
electronic filing of important documents, secure online transactions,
secure business conference calls, sending of eleventh hour calls-
to-action to staff and executives, on-the-go customer support
and other functions can not be overlooked.

Not long ago in my country Nigeria I saw where a politician had used
the Blackberry service to answer the queries of his followers via
Facebook (a prompt reply is a great way to show that peoples’
opinions and queries are important to him and there by increasing
trust).

I use my BlackBerry daily to run my Web-based business. It lets me
be out and about, and still stay connected anywhere — in a bus or
wherever I may be. With its Messenger and secure email service,
business people can handle questions and achieve on-the-go
customer support. With its secure Internet connection, online
transactions can be made with ease. The BlackBerry was made
with security and flexibility in mind and this is sure to increase
business productivity when used effectively.

In the African market, many new businesses get established by the
day which leads to growth of customers. Since the BlackBerry is
not only useful for individuals but also for businesses every newly
established business becomes a potential customer. As long as a
product is a problem solver, then its demand is sure. This is the case
with BlackBerry.

In the future, RIM should continue to invest in Africa in terms of its
BlackBerry product. As long as they keep up with the development
of new and better features for later BlackBerry models, the
African market will continue to be an ever loyal customer base.

Source www.smallbiztrends.com/2012/04/blackberry-african-market.html

4 Likes

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by omamokta: 1:56pm On Jul 24, 2012
overhyped product. Not for my stuff

2 Likes

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Philolos: 2:00pm On Jul 24, 2012
My fellow brothers and sisters, let's follow the money. The phones people are buying today are: Samsung Galaxy S III, AT&T Nokia Lumia 900, HTC One Series (X, S, EVO 4G LTE), Apple iPhone 4S, and Nokia 808 PureView. The BB doesn't make the list of Top 5.

5 Likes

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 24, 2012
Sincerely a blackberry unique is just BBM

1 Like

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by chuks49(m): 2:01pm On Jul 24, 2012
D sage:

Note;there is noting BB can do that other browsing phones cannot. BBM is ordinary yahoo messager that's perfectly working on normal Nokia browsing phones. The diffrnt is dat, BBM used short code and not emails(check d symbol)The one and only unbeatable disadvantage of BB is that,you can't browse without monthly subcription. I'm a BB user since since 2010,der4 talking from experience.

Show me phone that offers unlimited download on any network with N1,500 monthly subscription and I will dump my BB this day.

7 Likes

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Joeblis(m): 2:04pm On Jul 24, 2012
Cupid am afraid your brain needs to upgrade! Must you insult to pass your message?...as for me i hated BB right 4rm time especially the ba3 part of it annoys so much you charge 5hrs and use 3hrs...BB na crap jor Nokia rocks!

4 Likes

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by cyril83(m): 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2012
BB is suck fine but you can't just condemn the device like that...as for the subscription issue I believe our network companies make it very hard for people to subscribe and as for the power,it doesn't matter you remove the battery,you can easily download reboot application,believe me when you step outta of this nonsense country,you will surely find out that BB is one of the best

1 Like

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 24, 2012
Person wey no get money for stout na him dey talk say stout too bitter.
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by cyril83(m): 2:12pm On Jul 24, 2012
charlsecy4:

my frnd if u r novice of something,it'll be beta to ask so pple may guide you besides y r u removing ur device battery,you can restart ur device withou removin batt...stop criticizing what ur cursed country can't produce...BB is one d best
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by SirP1: 2:15pm On Jul 24, 2012
Blackberries are poorly made.. The trackpads don't last long, the phone freezes way too often, you have to pay for BIS .. And it seems everyone and I mean everyone has it.
If you want a good smartphone , the iphone 4s, Galaxy s3 , galaxy note are good options

2 Likes

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 24, 2012
I have iPhone, I have Galaxy Note, I have Nokia 6300 classic and I have Blackberry. I also have iPad 3, Galaxy Tab and even Amazon kindle. I am a gadget collector. I can Authoritatively say, apart from battery strength, BlackBerry happens to be the best thing to happen to telecoms. The BIS service is second to none; The BBM saves me a lot of cash on call time. The Email service is superior than the Androids and the Apple emailing packages. With the Opera mini browser, browsing is very convenient. Before making a conviction, I want someone to buy all the gadgets and use them, then you can make a sound conviction about them. I can not do without a BlackBerry, even though I still carry my galaxy note around for swaggs, I dare say, I will lose a lot without a BB.

15 Likes

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by femionasan(m): 2:16pm On Jul 24, 2012
I wonder why there is such a hard on for blackberry by some people. If you dont like the phone dump it or leave it, those that want it want it and those that need it need it. Is it a sin to own a blackberry? O ma ga o!

3 Likes

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 24, 2012
Things poor people say.. SmH if someone is to make decisions based of Nairalanders opinions about things always, You might be mus-guided..
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by pafestula(m): 2:22pm On Jul 24, 2012
@Philolos and Joelis.....Thanks so much for yr enlightment, may be dem go listen, some say na money make people condem fone wey d okirika users is d highest, UK BB is 95 percent in Nig, so tell me what makes d product which toks re lying on d floor under bridges cost? Pls lets stop forming rich wt meaniless toys!!!

1 Like

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Camilia247: 2:23pm On Jul 24, 2012
waiting for bb bold 10...the fone with an emotion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Get Airtel 20gb For Just #200 / 24 Hrs Free Internet With Opera Mini.(not Cheat). / Before You Buy A Power Bank, Things You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.