Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? (18531 Views)

I Need The Help Of A Stock Broker / Standard Chartered Bank Of Nigeria Gives Out Loan Without Collateral / Share Your Fx Broker Experiences Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by Nobody: 6:27am On Dec 11, 2007
Please,

Can anyone tell us how to become a professional or chartered stock-broker?
The address,the present amount, and the duration of the course and the website?

Thanks.
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by chuxy12(m): 7:05am On Dec 11, 2007
@ eva

to become a chartered stockbroker you must pass 3 stage exams .each of these stages comprises of some courses . depe4nding on what you majored in you might be exempted from some of these courses and secondly if you are a chartered accountant you will skip stage 1 and move on dire4ctly to stage 2. the exams are usually written in the months of march and september. to registerr for the exam you need to pay for the reg and annual subscription . when i get site iwill let u know.pls note the exam is opene only to graduates.cheers smiley
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 11, 2007
THANKS A LOT CHUKSY12. BUT DO YOU ADVISE I REGISTER WITH SOME OF THIS SCHOOLS STOCKWATCH MAGAZINE IS ADVERTISING IN ITS MAG,OR I REGISTER DIRECT WITH THE INSTITUTE? PLEASE LET ME KNOW THEIR ADRESS AND THE PRICE. I AM AN ENGINEER BY PROFESSION AND ALSO A SPEAKER.
THANKS
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by Kress(m): 10:38pm On Dec 11, 2007
Chartered institute of stockbrokers (CIS) I think is on the 14th floor o
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by Kress(m): 10:58pm On Dec 11, 2007
Chartered institute of the stockbrokers (CIS) is on Nig stock Exchang
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by realkemmy(m): 1:01pm On Dec 12, 2007
@eva4ward

to become a chartered stockbroker, this is wat is involved

register and write the professional exams of the chartered institute of stocbrokers.

check out their site for more info @www.cisnigeria.com( all ur questions will be answered in this site)

the exam is meant to last for a year and a half if u pass all the levels at first attempt

if u nid more info, mail me at kemmyinyang@hotmail.com

i am writting the last level by mar 2008

u are welcome to the club of gentlemen
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by Lola4eva(f): 1:21pm On Dec 12, 2007
@poster- realkemmy and chuxy 12 have said it all, im also planning to take the exams but want to be thru with my ican first.
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by nonsooka4(m): 1:53pm On Dec 12, 2007
Hello allpls im a bochamist. and i want 2 regiter for the N.I.S exams. pls do i have any exemptions, and also whih tutorial lesson centers are reccomendable from u gys who have been in the buissness for some time and what are their fees like. cos i bliv i hav 2 start from the scratch and sinc i have no knowledge of buissness course i bliv i hav 2 undergo some tutorials.ur replies will be seriously appreciated.
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by realkemmy(m): 1:55pm On Dec 12, 2007
@nonsooka4

which exams is N.I.S
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by realkemmy(m): 1:57pm On Dec 12, 2007
@lola4eva

i will advice u do CFA. it pays off beta than CIS.

check out www.cfainstitute.org

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by okeagbo: 2:57pm On Dec 12, 2007
[b]Hi, Friends,
Please what will u do if u notice dt ur girlfriend behaves funny whenever a particular friend of urs is present.U notify d friend of ur intention 2 discharge d girl ^ and ur friend always tell u dt she is a wife material dt u shldnt discharge her only 4 u 2 discover dt ur friend is sleeping with ur g/f.
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by topkin(m): 2:58pm On Dec 12, 2007
I would sincerely advise u to kno d act of stockbocking before u take the exams. Join a stockbroking firm (some firms even sponsor their workers to take prof. exams - like wer i worked b4), acquire the necessary skills, then u can confidently take the exams. It would be an easy sail tru.  Wish u d best
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by Lola4eva(f): 3:09pm On Dec 12, 2007
@realkemmy i know cfa is better than cis but there are no tuition centres for cfa here in naija and its soooooooo expensive, considering the fact that im a fresh graduate, i think i need to gain some experience in financial analysis and do other professional exams before venturing into cfa

1 Like

Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by debomb: 3:13pm On Dec 12, 2007
Real kemmy i have just sent an email to your hotmail account. Pls can you reply, are you on yahoomessanger?
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by realkemmy(m): 3:18pm On Dec 12, 2007
@debomb

i am at work, and cannot sign on my messenger.

will reply your mail now
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by realkemmy(m): 3:22pm On Dec 12, 2007
@lola4eva

the are quite a no of tution centers in 9ja.

the likes of PYE. WYSE, and some others.

i am also a fresh graduate, but started the exams when i was in my final year.

CIS is ok. @least a good starting point
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by Lola4eva(f): 4:03pm On Dec 12, 2007
real kemmy- are u are Chartered financial Analyst? if yes wow[b][/b][color=#990000][/color] cool
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by Biliamin(m): 4:08pm On Dec 12, 2007
@okeagbo, this is not the thread for that issue.

@poster
thank u for this wonderful move. Am seriously interested in the course. With this, I have got a clue
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by Biliamin(m): 4:44pm On Dec 12, 2007
hi
pls help me out. I opened the site to download syllabus and exam questions. all I got was picture manager. Has anyone encountered the same problem. I really need these info.
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by lazrin(m): 8:46pm On Dec 12, 2007
i downloaded the exam questions (all 3 levels) from their website, i had no problems, if i remember correctly, they're pdf filles, ho w technical is the cis exam?
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 12, 2007
realkemmy
chuksy and others, i really appreciate your contribution and advice on this post.thanks a lot. i still need their address and phone number if possible. i am a graduate of mech engineering, a speaker and investor.i want to really know the nitty gritties involved in becoming a professional stock-broker. Thier site is not openning at all. realkemmy and other gurus,please mail me : onlinepey@yahoo.com or citi4survey@yahoo.com.
please oo i still need more info: we plenty wey need am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS TO YOU ALL. 1 LOVE.
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by realkemmy(m): 5:00am On Dec 13, 2007
@lazrin

just like any oda professional exams, CIS is very technical. imagine only 4 people qualified at the last diet (sept 2007).

my problem with them is that their standards are just  too high.

but i always say " sha na exams? people will always pass"

determinamtion is succss

i ve never encountered any problems with their website, just try again lata
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by 1boi: 10:20pm On Dec 13, 2007
realkemmy, the sky is not your limit, you are the best
pls advice an undergraduate on what steps to take, i'm currently studying English in one of the "public places" they call universities!
me sef wan be like una grin
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by realkemmy(m): 9:10am On Dec 14, 2007
@iboi

check out www.cisnigeria.com

all ur questions will be answered there
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by kanugab(m): 11:50am On Dec 18, 2007
Hello Realky.
I appreciate your good job. I've been to the website of CIS but couldn't get their examination fees. Please do provide me answer to these questions.
1. what is their charge like for each exam?
2. I saw their standard to be gragudate. I'm in the final year in univeristy studying accounting. Can I be allowed to sit for the exams? thank you.
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by realkemmy(m): 2:08pm On Dec 18, 2007
@kanugab

the fees are as follows

registration form 5k, annual subscription 5k, exam form 5k, exam fee 5k per paper, exemption form 5k, exemption 5k per paper.

as a graduate of accounting, enrolling for level 1, u wud likely pay 45k for the exams minus tutorials which ranges from 15 to 35 k depending on how many papers u are writing.

u wud ve to present ur notification of result from ur school b4 u wud register. so just chill and finish.

the best man.
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by Laptopsell(m): 12:17pm On Dec 26, 2007
You better google the web or search for it in Nigeria news paper. I saw it once on the Guardian News Paper
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by wyt(m): 1:40pm On Dec 27, 2007
nice posting, i am going in 4 level 2 come march '08
i have being finding it difficult to get any material on s
trategic management, i have good books on law, reading
pandy for corperate finance and FSA (though still need
more material on SFA).
i want to be clearified on how much a stock broker earns.
pls, if anyone has stragetic management txt pls help,

cis wesite is still www.cisnigeria.com
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by rotoye(m): 5:23pm On Jan 08, 2009
pls does anyone know how i can download past questions on the chattered institute of stockbroker website?
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by tulips2: 11:20am On May 27, 2010
I would recommend you to consider iPhone Apps to prepare for Series 7 exam. This studying process is much easier and more effective.
Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by stockbull(m): 2:04pm On Mar 14, 2013
meet some brokers on prostockalert page to get more details
www.facebook.com/prostockalert

1 Like

Re: Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 22, 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

“nigerians Spend N1.8 Billion Daily On Sports Betting” – Analyst / Japan Pharma Company “Otsuka” Establish $50m Factory In Shagamu / Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.