Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

CNPP To Reps: Cleanse Your House Before Impeaching Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNPP To Reps: Cleanse Your House Before Impeaching Jonathan (865 Views)

IST Presents 2015 Budget To Reps For 2016 / Tambuwal Pix Remains on Nat Assem Front Page/returned Back To Reps Inner Webpage / Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CNPP To Reps: Cleanse Your House Before Impeaching Jonathan by superior1: 6:33am On Jul 24, 2012
Benue State Chairman of Conference of Nigeria Political Parties, CNPP, Mr. Baba Agan, has faulted the impeachment threat by the House of Representatives against President Goodluck Jonathan, advising that the lawmakers should first purge themselves of corruption.

Fielding questions from newsmen in Makurdi, yesterday, Agan said the plot by members of the House smacks of hidden agenda and not what they want Nigerians to believe.

He said: “The way I see the whole issue, it goes beyond what they are saying. I am sure the non-implementation of the budget is not the real issue. I strongly believe that it goes beyond that.

“It is either for political or selfish interest that they are doing what they are presently doing.”

Agan recalled that corruption under democratic governance started with the members of the National Assembly, who under the past administration of former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, demanded huge sums of money as furniture and other allowances.

He said the practise later extended to the state Houses of Assembly and councilors at the local government level.

“I advise that the House members should first purge themselves of all the allegations of corruption hanging on their necks before embarking on this ill-fated assignment that will serve no useful purpose to the average Nigerian,” Agan added.

Source:vanguardngr.com/2012/07/cnpp-to-reps-cleanse-your-house-before-impeaching-jonathan/[b]
Re: CNPP To Reps: Cleanse Your House Before Impeaching Jonathan by Stallion77(f): 8:19am On Jul 24, 2012
Baba Agan is a wise man...very well thought out observation and remark.
Re: CNPP To Reps: Cleanse Your House Before Impeaching Jonathan by superior1: 8:40am On Jul 24, 2012
Benue State Chairman of Conference of Nigeria Political Parties, CNPP, Mr. Baba Agan, has faulted the impeachment threat by the House of Representatives against President Goodluck Jonathan, advising that the lawmakers should first purge themselves of corruption.

True, he that comes to equity should come with clean hands

He said: “The way I see the whole issue, it goes beyond what they are saying. I am sure the non-implementation of the budget is not the real issue. I strongly believe that it goes beyond that.

Very true, personal gains not patriotism is the force motivating these Farucocks

Agan recalled that corruption under democratic governance started with the members of the National Assembly, who under the past administration of former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, demanded huge sums of money as furniture and other allowances.

Although i may not fully agree on this but then the National Assembly as always been corrupt after all Farcrock is one of the longest serving member
Re: CNPP To Reps: Cleanse Your House Before Impeaching Jonathan by Demdem(m): 8:50am On Jul 24, 2012
The reps can do both at the same time.
While cleansing their house its also expected that they do their constitutional duties they are being paid for.
So reps cleanse the hallowed chamber while impeaching the Retardeen. Both should be done speedily cool
Re: CNPP To Reps: Cleanse Your House Before Impeaching Jonathan by StarrMatthieu: 8:58am On Jul 24, 2012
Well down
Re: CNPP To Reps: Cleanse Your House Before Impeaching Jonathan by superior1: 9:36am On Jul 24, 2012
Demdem: The reps can do both at the same time.
While cleansing their house its also expected that they do their constitutional duties they are being paid for.
So reps cleanse the hallowed chamber while impeaching the Retardeen. Both should be done speedily cool

It cant be done, remember subsidy report?
Re: CNPP To Reps: Cleanse Your House Before Impeaching Jonathan by Demdem(m): 9:41am On Jul 24, 2012
superior1:

It cant be done, remember subsidy report?

why cant it be done? na today we dey hear of scandal from the NASS? should this stop them from performing their constitutional roles?
Their call on the retardeen is the right call and straightforward. Implement the budget or face impeachment proceedings. how simpler can this get?
They arent saints themselves so while cleansing themselves, their duties shouldnt be left undone.
Re: CNPP To Reps: Cleanse Your House Before Impeaching Jonathan by superior1: 11:23am On Jul 24, 2012
Demdem:

why cant it be done? na today we dey hear of scandal from the NASS? should this stop them from performing their constitutional roles?
Their call on the retardeen is the right call and straightforward. Implement the budget or face impeachment proceedings. how simpler can this get?
They arent saints themselves so while cleansing themselves, their duties shouldnt be left undone.

When cleaners are impure what we get is cheap blackmail, again i ask that you remember subsidy report, it is now in the trash basket because of Farock. While i love the idea of impeaching Jona, truth is that these dis honorables are only out to make money QED
Re: CNPP To Reps: Cleanse Your House Before Impeaching Jonathan by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 24, 2012
Demdem:

Hahahahahaha!

Constitutional role indeed. The "scandal from NASS" is enough "constitutional role" to perform.
The NASS is part and parcel of why we have problems we keep having problems with our budgets.

As a matter of fact, this threat is more like, "release to us all the money that belongs to us in the budget between now and September or we shall impeach you".

I am not aware that Mr. President is retarded, but in case he is, I don't blame him! I blame the "intelligent" men like you who are busy criticizing without offering a single suggestion on the way forward. Yet let me shock, if in 2015, Jonathan chooses to contest and the only candidate the opposition can produce is the likes of Buhari with running mates such as Bakare, then Jonathan will have my vote once more.

Cheers.
Re: CNPP To Reps: Cleanse Your House Before Impeaching Jonathan by Demdem(m): 11:31am On Jul 24, 2012
superior1:

When cleaners are impure what we get is cheap blackmail, again i ask that you remember subsidy report, it is now in the trash basket because of Farock. While i love the idea of impeaching Jona, truth is that these dis honorables are only out to make money QED

Facrook was a single member in the committee that went AwoL. The report isn in the thrash basket as u have alleged, the house till date still stands by it and thats why immediately after Facrook's suspension they made it clear that the report stays.
Besides, its not in the house's power to implement his recommendations, its left for the security agents to use it as a framework in their investigation.
That many of them arent clean is a fact. also that many of them arent even been stained at all with any corrupt practices is also a fact because we have over 300 of them in there.

I inist that its possible in cleansing the house and at the same time doing what is expected of them which in this case is commencement of impeachment proceedings on the retardeen if budget (A Law) isnt well implemented.
Re: CNPP To Reps: Cleanse Your House Before Impeaching Jonathan by Demdem(m): 11:34am On Jul 24, 2012
noblezone:

Hahahahahaha!

Constitutional role indeed. The "scandal from NASS" is enough "constitutional role" to perform.
The NASS is part and parcel of why we have problems we keep having problems with our budgets.

As a matter of fact, this threat is more like, "release to us all the money that belongs to us in the budget between now and September or we shall impeach you".

I am not aware that Mr. President is retarded, but in case he is, I don't blame him! I blame the "intelligent" men like you who are busy criticizing without offering a single suggestion on the way forward. Yet let me shock, if in 2015, Jonathan chooses to contest and the only candidate the opposition can produce is the likes of Buhari with running mates such as Bakare, then Jonathan will have my vote once more.

Cheers.

sorry bro but i think this post of urs is so senseless. What point are u trying to make in relation to the topic of discussion here
Re: CNPP To Reps: Cleanse Your House Before Impeaching Jonathan by superior1: 11:58am On Jul 24, 2012
Demdem:

[b]Facrook was a single member in the committee that went AwoL. The report isn in the thrash basket as u have alleged, the house till date still stands by it and thats why immediately after Facrook's suspension they made it clear that the report stays.
Besides, its not in the house's power to implement his recommendations, its left for the security agents to use it as a framework in their investigation.
That many of them arent clean is a fact. also that many of them arent even been stained at all with any corrupt practices is also a fact because we have over 300 of them in there.

I inist that its possible in cleansing the house and at the same time doing what is expected of them which in this case is commencement of impeachment proceedings on the retardeen if budget (A Law) isnt well implemented.[/b]

Are you sure of the bolded?, you are sure he spent the 620dols alone?. We have seen many corrupt reps, even the assumed man of integrity is a mess. I am yet to see any man of integrity in that house (u can assist if you know one). I still insist they are only after their pocket in this impeachment saga not the wellness of Nigerians. If person go give you cloth, first look at wetin e dey wear.
Re: CNPP To Reps: Cleanse Your House Before Impeaching Jonathan by Demdem(m): 12:32pm On Jul 24, 2012
superior1:

Are you sure of the bolded?, you are sure he spent the 620dols alone?.

U seem to know more than all of us combined together. kindly tell us whom Facrook shared the money with if at all he did. Except Facrook, the clerk of the committee who isnt a member of the house i dont know of any one among the committee members who has gotten his hand dirty in this scandal. Till u bring a contrary opinion with verifiable facts then accept that for truth.

We have seen many corrupt reps, even the assumed man of integrity is a mess. I am yet to see any man of integrity in that house (u can assist if you know one). I still insist they are only after their pocket in this impeachment saga not the wellness of Nigerians. If person go give you cloth, first look at wetin e dey wear.

I refuse to be the devil's advocate in his case however enjoy being objective as much as possible. What u see in the house there is a reflection of what we are as the people. The good, the bad and the worse combined together to make laws on our behalf, so my expectation is pretty low from them. The same low point i will score them is the same point i will score the retardeen because they all are from the same lineage. Except facrook, Nembe and a few of the members in the house who has have their hands stained in this present political dispensation, the rest to be are ok till i have reasons to doubt their integrity also. whatever u term them doesnt matter. they have the constitutional rights to enact laws that will affect u and me so we simply have to manage them the way they are.
Re: CNPP To Reps: Cleanse Your House Before Impeaching Jonathan by superior1: 1:09pm On Jul 24, 2012
Even as the chairman, it is impossible for Farcrock to make a unilateral decision of removing Otedol from the subsidy fraud list, didn't you watch the video clip when Facrock stood on the floor of the house to get Otedol name out of the fraudsters list. The presiding rep asked in front of the camera if other members of the committee where carried along on the decision to remove the name and he answered affirmatively, non of the committee members present voiced opposition to his claim (the hand writing is well written on the wall if we aren't deceiving ourselves).

They are all comrades at fraud. Na person wey steal be thief na person wey dem catch be arm robber.
Re: CNPP To Reps: Cleanse Your House Before Impeaching Jonathan by StarrMatthieu: 3:44pm On Jul 24, 2012
BUMPS

(1) (Reply)

Three Suspects Of Deeper Life Bombing Implicate Politicians / North Launches Battle To Resolve Boko Haram Crisis / Abuja Light Rail, New Airport Terminals To Be Completed By 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.