Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,506 members, 7,770,268 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:21 AM

Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device (16794 Views)

Nigerian Air Force Built Ied-detonating Robot To Combat Boko Haram Insurgency / Nigerian Air Force Gulma Tactical Small UAS (SUAS) / Amazing Facts About The Air Force One (official ‘plane’ Of The US President) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by mukina2: 6:48am On Jul 24, 2012
EXPERTS in bomb detonation would soon not need to get closer to such lethal objects to neutralise them as the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) is developing a robot to undertake the task from afar.

The Commandant of the Nigerian Air Force Institute of Technology (NAFIT), Kaduna, Air Vice Marshal John Oshoniyi, who spoke on the contributions of NAF to internal security yesterday, explained that the institute had developed an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle for surveillance and intelligence gathering in crisis-prone parts of the country.

At a press conference to herald activities marking the 41st graduation of the institute, the Commandant, said the bomb detonating robot, would assist the government check the series of bombing by terrorist gangs.

He said the equipment required no operator to be physically present at the scene of any detected bomb before its detonation.

Oshoniyi said the institute, funded by NAF, would present the device to the public when it is ready.

“We all know that human beings have always gone to detonate bombs and in view of the danger involved, anything can happen. It is because of this that we decided to go into research and the development of the bomb detonation robot. When we get to the time when we feel the public should know, we will show it to them.”

On the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) code-named “Amebo,” which he claimed to be the first in Africa, the Commandant said its development was a product of the transformation agenda of the present administration, adding that “we do believe that Nigeria is capable of attaining higher pedestal in military aviation and defence related technology.

“Accordingly, in tandem with President Goodluck Jonathan transformation agenda, AFIT has for the past few years been focusing on defence-related research and development activities as part of its contributions to the realisation of his vision,” Oshoniyi said.

He said the UAV had already attracted interest from foreign companies and awaiting test flight, adding that after a successful flight, it would be employed in aerial surveillance to track down pipeline vandals and other economic saboteurs.

Oshoniyi said: “It is pertinent to note that following the successful launch of the our Unmanned Aerial Vehicle - Amebo II last year, a modified and improved version of Amebo III was produced and exhibited at the recent Air Expo 2012, organised by the NAF. This latest version is awaiting test flight.”

A total of 158 students, comprising personnel of the Nigerian Army, Nigerian Navy and NAF as well as civilians will graduate from the Master of Science, Postgraduate Diploma, Higher National Diploma and National Diploma programmes of the institute.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=93230:air-force-develops-bomb-detonating-robot-tracking-device-&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by moderatorr: 6:55am On Jul 24, 2012
lol!
Import something 4rm china
then go to press to make noise . . . Even before its imported!
Lol
Na only engine oil nigeria fit manufacture (Abros motor oil - original kia kia tongue)

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 24, 2012
DETONATE ke! wuldn't d 'UAV' get destroyed in the explosion?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Nwoka(m): 7:04am On Jul 24, 2012
I hope our dear rich hausa politicians don't kill this mission!!!
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 24, 2012
The Unmanned Aerial Vehicle code name- 'Amebo'. That part got me laughing grin
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 24, 2012
moderatorr: lol!

You're a worthless, dumb iddiot. Negative-minded failure.

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Cyberconnect12: 7:08am On Jul 24, 2012
ROSSIKE:

You're a worthless, dumb iddiot. Negative-minded failure.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by adamscuti(m): 7:10am On Jul 24, 2012
shut up!who told u is imported.i jst dnt knw y sum pple dnt ve sense instead if being partrotic.do u think if it's imported they wil cum out talking about it without d chinese nt takeing any action.pls 4 once try 2 b partriotic.now back 2 serious matter,it is a very good development n i hope it will really help in stoping d menace of boko.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by antitpiah: 7:10am On Jul 24, 2012

May I add: Even before they know what they are importing.

Black man and yanga . . . fucktards! We are all fucktards!!!
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by jude33084(m): 7:11am On Jul 24, 2012

Did H̲̅€ say that it was imported from China? undecided

Guy be proud of ♈☺uЯ country cool

Τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇i§̤̥̈̊ is τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ only way we can fight pipeline vandals and PlS for now; not boko haram bt with time they will gradually be deploying it to combat those Abokis grin
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by teeceexx: 7:13am On Jul 24, 2012
Is it really made in Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by jude33084(m): 7:13am On Jul 24, 2012
adamscuti: shut up!who told u is imported.i jst dnt knw y sum pple dnt ve sense instead if being partrotic.do u think if it's imported they wil cum out talking about it without d chinese nt takeing any action.pls 4 once try 2 b partriotic.now back 2 serious matter,it is a very good development n i hope it will really help in stoping d menace of boko.

cool
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by KenJak(m): 7:14am On Jul 24, 2012
I don't really understand that,is the robot to detonate or defuse bomb?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 24, 2012
I would have celebrated it but once i read the line where it suggests this is part of the "transformation agenda", i sigh and move ahead. Cheap posturing, useless online news without picture. Make una enjoy the amebo.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by cutievik: 7:17am On Jul 24, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]guys wow! If dis is true,i bet u guys it has rejunuvated my pride nd the pride of millions of Nigeria's out there nt only wud it stop there bt our confidence in our country wud be restored knw there's a silver lining in the sky 4 us all.I sincerely give my thumbs up 2 the the Nigerian Military in general 4 their individual nd collective efforts to re-produce wat has already been made out there...even at that it aren't easy,am so proud of knwin these high tech's cost millions of dollars to produce and sincerely hope they wud get the support of the govt nd oda stake holder,indeed wit these development i dt think our security budget was a waste,or was it?
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by jude33084(m): 7:18am On Jul 24, 2012
teeceexx: Is it really made in Nigeria?

If white men come to Nigeria to take cocoa to their country to produce chocolate and then imported back to Nigeria, we will say it is made in foreign land undecided

But whenever ∂ Nigeria coy import materials from abroad to make something here we still call it imported. Na wah o! sad

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Cyberconnect12: 7:22am On Jul 24, 2012
jude33084:

If white men come to Nigeria to take cocoa to their country to produce chocolate and then imported back to Nigeria, we will say it is made in foreign land undecided

But whenever ∂ Nigeria coy import materials from abroad to make something here we still call it imported. Na wah o! sad
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 24, 2012

very negative minded who believes no good thing can come out of Nigeria.
This is a piece of cake if we can have people/organizations go ahead and support research in Nigeria

We have all it takes already, bluetooth, intelligent engineers who graduates anually looking for jobs and
programmers.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Enlightened1: 7:23am On Jul 24, 2012
Is it bomb detonating or bomb defusing Robot?? Confused here. Anyways, good news coming from the Military guys. Keep up the good job!!
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Enlightened1: 7:23am On Jul 24, 2012
Is it bomb detonating or bomb defusing Robot?? Confused here. Anyways, good news coming from the Millitary guys. Keep up the good job!!
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Csami(m): 7:25am On Jul 24, 2012
They should keep chasing shadows.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 24, 2012
did i hear kissing robot sorry bomb detonating robot? bokoharam shld be prepared for this one.i hope they wont end up bombing the robots as well. smh!
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by IyfeNamikaze(m): 7:32am On Jul 24, 2012
hmm.. I hope boko haram will not counter this by developing a cyborg code named BH1000
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 24, 2012
jude33084:

The depth of low self-esteem of some people ,sometimes ,is a source of serious concern.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by jaja77: 7:40am On Jul 24, 2012
[Font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

You are correct my brother...why una de abuse am, its true. Develop what. These Robots are already in use in iraq, Afganistan, and in the US so what are they developing...ABEG leave matter.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by shineeye1: 7:42am On Jul 24, 2012
[quote author=Cyberconnect12][/quote]

Valid as your point may be, let us strive to eschew vulgar and abusive language on the internet. Would you speak like this if you are on national TV? Your language may portray you for what you are not. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by jude33084(m): 7:44am On Jul 24, 2012
norens: DETONATE ke! wuldn't d 'UAV' get destroyed in the explosion?

ƪ☺◦☺°☺ƪzzzzz cheesy

It is nt τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ UAV that will defuse τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ bomb o! That will be τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ robot wink

UAV's are for τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ air surveillance to monitor BH and pipeline vandals smiley
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by shaneroberts26: 7:45am On Jul 24, 2012
Advice from Mr Shane Mukina.Wen copyin and pastin,olwez edit b4 postin.Pls,dia is olrd much confusion in Nigeria so do not compound it 4 us abeg.If it is a bomb detonatin Robot,na im b say we don finish b dat.Mayb 2 detonate is=defuse and 2 defuse is =detonate in Nigerian english.Yesterday we heard dat Hope Uzodimma forged his certificate.Ho knos how many Officers in d Nigerian Force forged dias cos its gettin sickening. Owk,its ol clear now.Yeye.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by jaja77: 7:47am On Jul 24, 2012
webdezzi:

very negative minded who believes no good thing can come out of Nigeria.
This is a piece of cake if we can have people/organizations go ahead and support research in Nigeria

We have all it takes already, bluetooth, intelligent engineers who graduates anually looking for jobs and
programmers.

Please spear me the lectures...its already out there so why spend money on research and manpower when u can just buy it outright. Naija's I tire for una o!

Let me ask you something. So if the FG tells u know that they have developed a fully nigerin made plane, will u fly it.

Good
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by omoredia: 7:49am On Jul 24, 2012

One word three letters FOOL!
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Libkid(m): 7:51am On Jul 24, 2012
you are so foolish!
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Stallion77(f): 7:52am On Jul 24, 2012

Why dont some people believe sometin gud can come out of Naija? & u call urself a Nigerian? How can u be successful wen its only negativity dat clouds ur whole existence!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Internet-enabled Pillow Connects Long-Distance Lovers / World’s Ugliest Dog Wins $1000 And A Year’s Supply Of Dog Biscuit / Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.