Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps (12588 Views)

CCT’ll Rule On Saraki’s Motion To Dismiss Charges March 24 / Buhari, Probe Jonathan For The Sake Of National Interest! - Theophilus Danjuma / BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by OAM4J: 12:55pm On Jul 24, 2012
Members of the House of Representatives on Monday disclosed that the decision to impeach President Goodluck Jonathan by September, if the 2012 budget is not fully implemented, is for national interest.

According to a Statement released and signed in Abuja by the House spokesman Zakari Mohammed, the lawmakers’ decision was informed by the fact that the growth in the economy has not reflected in the well-being of Nigerians.

The statement reads: “This bold and patriotic step by the Seventh Assembly has attracted different comments from a lot of quarters, expectedly. Therefore, some sponsored news, editorials and commentaries choose to deliberately misinform the public on the rationale behind our nationalistic stand, for the avoidance of doubt, whilst we are aware that all revenue-generating agencies have surpassed their annual target by mid this year.

“We in the Legislature are lawmakers and not contractors and the constituency projects execution has been the exclusive preserve of the executive and its agencies. At no time has there been any argument on this.
“Similarly, what members do in the course of the budget preparation is to furnish the respective MDAs with locations and areas of needs of our constituencies.

“The bidding processes are handled by the supervising ministries. The entire 360 members in the House are bound by the Nigerian project, our independence and objectiveness is evident in the selection of our principal officers which we did according to our thoughts.

“To assume that we are guided by some forces outside the House of Representatives is mischievous and a deliberate ploy to misrepresent the House before the Nigerian public”.

“To now conclude that our resolution on Thursday is borne out of selfish motives is terribly out of place, We would, however, continue to raise our voices to the highest ebb where we sight injustice or impunity; no amount of blackmail or intimidation would cow us to abdicate our constitutional responsibility which we signed with our employers (the Nigerian people) to stand firm and protect their interest,” Mohammed said.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/07/24/motion-to-impeach-jonathan-is-for-national-interest-reps/
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by jmaine: 1:02pm On Jul 24, 2012
Okay . . . .

1 Like

Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by executinal(m): 1:10pm On Jul 24, 2012
we dey wait

1 Like

Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by maclatunji: 1:19pm On Jul 24, 2012
Well said! The truth is that for Nigeria to truly move forward, the National Assembly has to be bolder and more resolute in carrying out its constitutional duties.

The House of Reps. is leading the way in this regard. The Senate has been a big disappointment especially with Sen. David Mark preventing it from exerting its full powers because of his selfish interests.

8 Likes

Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by don33310(m): 1:23pm On Jul 24, 2012
It's long overdew
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 24, 2012
Interesting!

1 Like

Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by Ajibel(m): 1:34pm On Jul 24, 2012
I thought the ruling party has the majority in the Reps.... i dont see that as possible... palms would soon be greased

2 Likes

Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by xpensive05: 1:35pm On Jul 24, 2012
Dosnt sound new com up wit somtin new jor.................

1 Like

Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 24, 2012
Impeach the retadinho!! Yeah! Its long overdue!!
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by ebamma(m): 1:35pm On Jul 24, 2012
for national interest or for their pocket interest?

5 Likes

Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by Skmoda360(m): 1:35pm On Jul 24, 2012
executinal: we dey wait
well supported
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 24, 2012
In whose interest?

This House of RAP sef! Is not the same House of RAP that was calling on the President to reverse to N65 a litre for PMS but rejected a call to probe the subsidy scam? And when they were boxed into a corner to do the probe, went behind to chop money?

The way I see it, Jonathan no allow them chop money.

For those of you clapping for this House of RAP, I really wish they can state a genuine reason for the impeachment threat rather than budget "implementation". Una no dey think? "Budget implementation simply means Presido never release money give them as they want".

I would have been satisfied that Joanthan was indicted in the subsidy scam.

Jonathan wants to stop oil thieves and subsidy criminals and they wan impeach am.

Let them dare to impeach him, then the Niger Deltans demand full control of their oil.

Emm, Ebuka! Ebuka!!, please bring that template for the "Made in Biafra" labels. E be like say 2015 no go reach sef.

15 Likes

Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by omamokta: 1:37pm On Jul 24, 2012
Dem fit? Dem 4 ask Nzeribe how far
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by lacasa: 1:40pm On Jul 24, 2012
Pls if u can, do it as soon as possible.

Goodluck has brought nothing but Badluck ϯo this country.

Goodluck is like a plague

2 Likes

Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 24, 2012
Anything that comes from the Federal Legislative Arm of Government can never be of National Interest, so they should shut the F-Up and demand for the bribe they actually want. angry.. We all know that the brokenness of the nation is affecting their thiefing capacity..

4 Likes

Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by airfinance(m): 1:40pm On Jul 24, 2012
I only wish these so called legislators are truely representing the interest of Nigerians.GEJ. Administration is the worst in the history of the nation.however they legislators themselves are not honest.am very sure these wld not be executed. Have yu heard of “Ghana must Go bags”
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by peclint: 1:40pm On Jul 24, 2012
National interest my ASSSS!!!!
do these people think we are fools

when did whatever they do reflect on Nigerians

Or is the impeachment not to help them line their pockets as usual and political interests.

They should keep on embezzling. Judgement day is getting nearer, history has not taught them anything

2 Likes

Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by Blofeld(m): 1:40pm On Jul 24, 2012
bayooooooo: Interesting!
Really interesting!
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by MZmuaz: 1:40pm On Jul 24, 2012
grin yeye people .let's see if they fit we. Dy wait oo

1 Like

Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by otokx(m): 1:41pm On Jul 24, 2012
This is a lie
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by Ryabcool(m): 1:42pm On Jul 24, 2012
If this impeachment comes to pass, I wouldn't mind overlooking the Farouk Lawan scandal...
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 24, 2012
Okay, now I see their folly: So 2012 Budget should fully implemented by September ? What of the Oct-Dec 2012 is it notin the Budget ? NASS will not stop disgracing themselves. I do not see how that is national interest sha, its like they are not receiving Ghana-must-go bags the way they expected.

2 Likes

Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by tempest01(m): 1:44pm On Jul 24, 2012
i dey laugh grin
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by Loveaflame(m): 1:48pm On Jul 24, 2012
Boju boju o.ooooo. Oloro nbo ooooo.We are solidly waiting and watching this hide and seek game.

1 Like

Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by Abujafood: 1:50pm On Jul 24, 2012
National Interest? That is very suspect!
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by lynguy: 1:50pm On Jul 24, 2012
these house of rep guys are just playing to the gallery. they seem to have selective concern for issues. we always ask them to wake up to their responsibilities of being watch dogs on the executive but whom are they kidding? i think this whole impeachment saga is just a way to send a message to GEJ that he should step into the Lawan gate matter. IMO, they just want to be seen to be working. im really mortified at thier stance. its a shame.
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by maclatunji: 1:51pm On Jul 24, 2012
Ajibel: I thought the ruling party has the majority in the Reps.... i dont see that as possible... palms would soon be greased

The game has changed with the introduction of "sting operations", you wouldn't want to be stung now, would you?

Away from this mindlessly repeated retort, is the Executive under GEJ really implementing the budget?
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 24, 2012
The House of Rep should first cleanse itself of corruption then, maybe we can take them serious!
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by maclatunji: 1:55pm On Jul 24, 2012
Billyonaire: Okay, now I see their folly: So 2012 Budget should fully implemented by September ? What of the Oct-Dec 2012 is it notin the Budget ? NASS will not stop disgracing themselves. I do not see how that is national interest sha, its like they are not receiving Ghana-must-go bags the way they expected.

You must mean the Ghana-must-go bags that were meant to prevent Hon. Aminu Tambuwal from becoming Speaker in the first place!
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by boyendowed(m): 1:56pm On Jul 24, 2012
For national interest?We will see
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by CHIDIEJIOGU: 1:57pm On Jul 24, 2012
NA LIE JARE...
THESE HON. MEMBERS ARE BIG TIME JOKERS.
Re: Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps by meksroland: 1:58pm On Jul 24, 2012
And then the end comes. Only this one taste of the power and Hausa and Yoruba are not comfortable with it. Instead GEJ will leave the power impeacjed, we turn here to Syria. I pity the zones that have not tasted war

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Full Speech Of President Buhari At The AU Summit / OMG, Peoples Injured When SUV Chased By Texas Police Rolls Over / Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.