Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,536 members, 7,823,329 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Tthe Power Of My Car Reduces When I Pass Through Water Please I Need Help Honda - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tthe Power Of My Car Reduces When I Pass Through Water Please I Need Help Honda (1071 Views)

Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? / How Driving Through Water Affects Cars / Help! Honda Accord Gear Problem. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tthe Power Of My Car Reduces When I Pass Through Water Please I Need Help Honda by umunnatim(m): 10:24pm On Jul 24, 2012
I drive an EOD 2003 model,each time i pass through a deep pool of water the fire of the car drops to the lowest,do you think my Gearbox is bad?please i need help.
Re: Tthe Power Of My Car Reduces When I Pass Through Water Please I Need Help Honda by bigx(m): 4:16am On Jul 25, 2012
umunnatim: I drive an EOD 2003 model,each time i pass through a deep pool of water the fire of the car drops to the lowest,do you think my Gearbox is bad?please i need help.

I've been having the same issue with my 2007 Peugeot 307 since it stopped inside a flood few weeks back,
Now when I pass through water, the car simply refuses to accelerate till I leave it to steam for a while.. Anyone with a solution?
Re: Tthe Power Of My Car Reduces When I Pass Through Water Please I Need Help Honda by Martini101(m): 10:19pm On Jul 25, 2012
If u re passing through a pool of water, especially during rainfall,
-off the air conditioner
-slowly pass the pool of water so that water won't enter inside the car ignition system such as the distributor or coil etc
Re: Tthe Power Of My Car Reduces When I Pass Through Water Please I Need Help Honda by bigx(m): 12:40am On Jul 26, 2012
Martini101: If u re passing through a pool of water, especially during rainfall,
-off the air conditioner
-slowly pass the pool of water so that water won't enter inside the car ignition system such as the distributor or coil etc
All check, but nowadays, in especially deeper pools I used to pass through without issues before, I get the above issues, in short it happened again n embarassed me last nyt after making my post
Re: Tthe Power Of My Car Reduces When I Pass Through Water Please I Need Help Honda by 1800bc(f): 8:11am On Jul 26, 2012
You should be thanking your car for reducing the speed... would you rather prefer u skid to a tree
Re: Tthe Power Of My Car Reduces When I Pass Through Water Please I Need Help Honda by bigx(m): 8:49am On Jul 26, 2012
1800bc: You should be thanking your car for reducing the speed... would you rather prefer u skid to a tree

Not reducing the speed per se, The car just refuses to accelerate (fire) and somethime the engine revs go so low it trips off. So I have to park, steaming the engine for up to 20 minutes before I can move again
Re: Tthe Power Of My Car Reduces When I Pass Through Water Please I Need Help Honda by iykeG(m): 9:37am On Jul 26, 2012
Do you have engine check light on in the dashboard?

(1) (Reply)

Your Take On Mazda Mazda 6 2003 Model / Is This Real Or Is It Fraudulent / Cost To Ship A Bus From Arkansas To Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.