Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,448 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

15 Early Signs Of Cancer - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 15 Early Signs Of Cancer (21820 Views)

13 Early Signs You May Be Pregnant / Ebola Victims Now Stable, Five Showing Signs Of Recovery - Fashola / Early Signs Of Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by vanstanzy(m): 5:20pm On Jul 25, 2012
candygosh: @op most of the signs u mentioned are 4 women. Hw abt 4 men 2, dnt u tink evy1 deserves 2 be educated
EDUCATED? or MADE FUN OF? Sister i know whats on ur mind, and its not pure. This is some serious ish.
Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by Jarus(m): 5:48pm On Jul 25, 2012
rodeo0070:
Sorry for your loss. I feel ur pain bro deeply
I lost my younger brother (Graduate) aged 24 on May 2, 2012 to Leukaemia (cancer that affects the blood cells). The strange thing was that he never manifested any of the symptons listed except for his loss of weight, bleedin gums (which we attributed to his regular visit to his Dentist). But aside from these, he looked ok.
The only treatment is God's factor and early diagnosis cos if its too late you are a dead man walking.
He didn't need to manifest all, actually. Unexplained loss of weight is enough to see Dr early. Sorry.
Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 25, 2012
Mehn,this is scary,are there no drugs to treat it?
Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by Nwogbe: 5:56pm On Jul 25, 2012
Lollyij: What of postrate cancer, someone shld enlighten me on it
Reduce your bleeping rate to the barest minimum if u want to avoid prostrate cancer
Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by fm7070: 5:56pm On Jul 25, 2012
Precautions to bossom cancer: women should always submit their bosom to their husband for thorough examination and massaging. Some women don't want anything to touch their bosom

throat cancer: can be as a result of eating too much of sauce, saucy /maggi foods, excess energy drinks or alcohol.
We need to go back to go back to the days of 'locust beans' and other natural food. Not the preserved ones.

Generally, Fasting and prayer is another good precaution to cancer. When your body is dry and hot, diseases will die or flee. This is very very important
Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by 46arcadez(m): 6:02pm On Jul 25, 2012
I lost my sis bcuz of dis cancer last yr, i pray researchers could come up wit d cure
Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by TCD: 6:48pm On Jul 25, 2012
Nwogbe:
Reduce your bleeping rate to the barest minimum if u want to avoid prostrate cancer
some research actually suggests that men who have more sx,ual intercourse have, lower risk of getting prostrate cancer later on life.

1 Like

Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by kandiikane(m): 6:49pm On Jul 25, 2012
Temistatics 007: Mehn,this is scary,are there no drugs to treat it?

There are but not cure.
Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by kandiikane(m): 6:51pm On Jul 25, 2012
fm7070: Precautions to bossom cancer: women should always submit their bosom to their husband for thorough examination and massaging. Some women don't want anything to touch their bosom

throat cancer: can be as a result of eating too much of sauce, saucy /maggi foods, excess energy drinks or alcohol.
We need to go back to go back to the days of 'locust beans' and other natural food. Not the preserved ones.

Generally, Fasting and prayer is another good precaution to cancer. When your body is dry and hot, diseases will die or flee. This is very very important

Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by arki(m): 6:56pm On Jul 25, 2012
I lost mine mum last yr becos of this cancer of a thing(kidney). I usd 2 hv pains dat i cnt really fathom d exact cause of all ova my body. Guess i nid 2 see a medic right away.
Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by kandiikane(m): 7:30pm On Jul 25, 2012
arki: I lost mine mum last yr becos of this cancer of a thing(kidney). I usd 2 hv pains dat i cnt really fathom d exact cause of all ova my body. Guess i nid 2 see a medic right away.

Sorry about your loss.

You sure it was cancer and not renal failure?
Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by Cuteobi(f): 7:45pm On Jul 25, 2012
Poster thank u oo for en lighting us!!! This is the kind of topic that should make NL's front page.not 'Ini Edo is is pregnant' kind of topics.Thanx once again
Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by kandiikane(m): 7:53pm On Jul 25, 2012
^ini edo pregnant?
Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by greatgod2012(f): 8:37pm On Jul 25, 2012
thanks for d educative information, its really educative
Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 25, 2012
vanstanzy:
EDUCATED? or MADE FUN OF? Sister i know whats on ur mind, and its not pure. This is some serious ish.
ish or wateva. Aint nutn on ma mind. Just sayn d op shdnt focus on women alone. Abi no be 2 gender we get! And even these days u hear of various cancer. Cancer of the breast, eye, mouth, lungs, feet, cervix, postrate, bowels, name it. So generalizing is best done here.
Are we ok nw!?
Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by ceejay80s(m): 7:14am On Jul 26, 2012
Una dey put fear for my body
Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by Priscila(f): 7:25am On Jul 26, 2012
SO what are the foods to prevent cancer or slow cancer
Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by ayo84(m): 7:49am On Jul 26, 2012
I actually have a cure for cancer, i don't trust the pharmaceutical companies and their penchant for keeping people sick, they are not interested in a cure for cancer.
They have suppressed practically every natural treatment, they prefer people die taking their medications and painful chemotherapy sessions.
to hell with the rockfella controlled medical and pharmaceutical profession.
Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by MMM2(m): 8:33am On Jul 26, 2012
Thanx
Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by Dainfamous: 8:47am On Jul 26, 2012
thanks for that..
Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by oiseworld: 9:36am On Jul 26, 2012
thanks jarus,ACM10 and all.
God Bless.
Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by Jemibee: 9:49am On Jul 26, 2012
I lost my mom to breast cancer on the 6th of january, 2009. The symptoms are: hair loss, weight loss, affected sight, memory loss in some cases (last days), loss of appetite......mehn the thing though no be small. May God help us all
Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by ACM10: 10:06am On Jul 26, 2012
Jemibee: I lost my mom to breast cancer on the 6th of january, 2009. The symptoms are: hair loss, weight loss, affected sight, memory loss in some cases (last days), loss of appetite......mehn the thing though no be small. May God help us all

Hair loss was the side effect of her chemotherapy. Impaired vision and memory loss was as a result of metastasis to the brain. Loss of appetite was as a result of metastasis to the digestive tracts including the liver. Weight loss was part of cancer syndrome. It is called cancer cachexia. She must have had an intolerable pain too. My sympathy. I can understand that her cancer was inoperable, and that's a horrible way to die. Her prognosis was too poor from the picture u painted. Cancer is bad. Advise your sisters to visit the nearest health post and request to be taught about Bre[i]a[/i]st Self Examination(BSE). This is aimed at an early detection of pathology in the br[i]e[/i]ast inorder to institute appropriate treatment and cure.
Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by BlueMurder(m): 10:12am On Jul 26, 2012
ceejay80s: Una dey put fear for my body

Well, it is a reality of life which we cannot hide away from.

@ Topic, kudos to the OP for bringing this up. I had the intention of doing so too. Cancer is one of the deadliest diseases ravaging the world right now. The painful thing is that most victims only become aware of it when it has become terminal. From then on, you can only watch helplessly in intense agony as the disease lays you to waste. I lost my father in 2007 to mandibulo-nasal cancer. Up to the last moment, the doctors (at a teaching hospital)kept conducting series of tests and assuring us that the huge swelling on his face could be removed surgically. But when i stole a look into his case file one day (it was jealously guarded by the doctors), and saw and saw the words "TERMINAL", i knew it was all over.

As much as is possible, we must all try and submit ourselves for thorough medical examinations at least annually.
Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by digitite: 10:28am On Jul 26, 2012
Priscila: SO what are the foods to prevent cancer or slow cancer

Eat organic food rich in Anti-oxidants and fibre and fruits. Like corn, beans, all nuts (coconut,groundnut,walnut,etc), vegetables; eat fish and moderate your meat intake. Excersie like 30minutes a day and make sure you sweat even if it is using skipping rope inside your apartment. stay away from microwaved junk foods, acidic drinks and all that. Drink like 5 to 8 cups of clean water a day and also stay away from polluted areas.

We have organic food in Nigeria but it seems "civilized junkfoods" are replacing them which is quite unfortunate.
Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by digitite: 10:51am On Jul 26, 2012
Priscila: SO what are the foods to prevent cancer or slow cancer

On a final note. Try to cook or boil your meat and fish with garlic; it has anti-inflammation properties(if you don't want to scare people with the odour, you can take peppermint afterwards or use it mostly on weekends. Pepper soup with ginger. Bitterleaf, waterleaf, ogbono, eguisi, all these are medicinal.

Meet an experienced dietician for thorough detail and better yet, read more yourself.
Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by Yornandrew: 10:52am On Jul 26, 2012
The name of Jesus is greater than cancer or whatever
Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by ACM10: 10:52am On Jul 26, 2012
digitite:

Eat organic food rich in Anti-oxidants and fibre and fruits. Like corn, beans, all nuts (coconut,groundnut,walnut,etc), vegetables; eat fish and moderate your meat intake. Excersie like 30minutes a day and make sure you sweat even if it is using skipping rope inside your apartment. stay away from microwaved junk foods, acidic drinks and all that. Drink like 5 to 8 cups of clean water a day and also stay away from polluted areas.

We have organic food in Nigeria but it seems "civilized junkfoods" are replacing them which is quite unfortunate.

Some poorly preserved groundnuts contains fungal toxins called aflatoxins. Aflatoxin is implicated in liver cancer. So groundnut is not ideal. Cancer is genetic. Though some foods are implicated like smoked meats/food(throat cancer - suya eaters beware grin), low fibre diet like indomie(colon cancer), groundnut(liver cancer), etc. Some are helpful e.g. Fresh ripe tomatoes(prostate cancer). But basically, what determines whether u suffers a particular type of cancer has been encoded in your gene, before u were born.
Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by digitite: 11:17am On Jul 26, 2012
ACM10:

Some poorly preserved groundnuts contains fungal toxins called aflatoxins. Aflatoxin is implicated in liver cancer. So groundnut is not ideal. Cancer is genetic. Though some foods are implicated like smoked meats/food(throat cancer - suya eaters beware grin), low fibre diet like indomie(colon cancer), groundnut(liver cancer), etc. Some are helpful e.g. Fresh ripe tomatoes(prostate cancer). But basically, what determines whether u suffers a particular type of cancer has been encoded in your gene, before u were born.

You may be right about Aflatoxins in groundnut. But why do you think Groundnuts are Roasted ? To remove the toxins right ? Do you know that varieties of roasted groundnut is a staple food in Northern Nigeria ?

I am sorry to dissapoint you but I don't believe in that "cancer" or any form of disease for that matter is encoded in my gene. I don't swallow everything that comes from the medical and phamarceutical industries. A lot of lobbyists and special interests vying for something.

Eat food rich in fibre and fruits to wash toxins out of your body. And to those who smoke(lost a friend to lung cancer) and drink, you may not be doing yourself any good.

After all, it was Hippocrates of Greece who said in 400 BC ;

"Make food thy medicine and Medicine thy food".

1 Like

Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by rahulmamta03(f): 7:46pm On Mar 18, 2015
Re: 15 Early Signs Of Cancer by vinspaklins(m): 2:07pm On Oct 15, 2018
Breast cancer is one of the most deadly killer disease that affects both men and women, self-examination is often recommended to detect lumps in the breast as early as possible. Research has shown that it is imperative to check your breast frequently, many women might be ignorant of the early stages because they do not feel pains on their breast, Yes, but it varies, The most important thing is to make self-examination a routine, early detection will present you a huge chance of a successful treatment. You can get more info at the bellow website

source: http://234how.com.ng/articles/article/Detect-Lumps-Early-And-Avoid-Breast-Cancer

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! / Ladies: Expert Tips On How To Care For Your Fertility Before Marriage / 10 Patients Go Blind After Injection In A Kaduna Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.