Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,973 members, 7,810,701 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Nigeria Needs To Learn From Ghana. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs To Learn From Ghana. (660 Views)

Nigeria Needs To Devaluate Naira, Ease Dollar Restrictions- Sanusi / Nigeria Needs President Buhari As Minister Of Defence, Not Petroleum / Buhari Orders Takeover Of Nigerian Airspace From Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Needs To Learn From Ghana. by 1025: 2:12pm On Jul 25, 2012
this to me looks like a call for Ghana to come and Re-Colonise Nigeria. i followed the events that surround the death of the Ghanian president and i begin to ask myself; WHAT IF IT IS IN NIGERIA?

he(the president) was sick to death and never considered travelling to spain(where stella obasanjo died) saudi arabia (where yar adua wanted to die) or Germany (where Alams went for tommy tucks) or even america and uk where all nigerian politicians treat their headaches and the slightest fever.
he believed in Ghana till his death. he died in a hospital in accara.
his vice was sworn in immediately showing how the rest of ghanians are more important than one dead (good) president.
nothing about his sickness or death was kept secret as everything was made public as a public figure he was.
is it important to add here that there won't be any form of land dispute between his wife and that of his vice( as we are seeing between jonathan's wife and the wife of his late boss - yar adua).

pride the say, goes before a fall. we have in the past bragged to be the giant of Africa but their reality on ground is showing that nigeria cannot do what south africa did in hosting world cup in 2010 or what Ghana is doing in their political/economic front reducing corruption to its barest minimum.

what if we swallow our pride and learn the ways of Ghana and start to live like normal ppl again?

if been re-colonised by ghana will bring the much needed/deserved positive changes in nigeria, WILL U BE AGAINST THAT?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Learn From Ghana. by helpee(m): 6:21pm On Jul 25, 2012
Shut up! You ignorant fool. The man had been hovering between europe and america for medical check up and only recently returned to Ghana from a medical trip to USA. If not for emergency, he would have been flown back to europe so get ur facts right before u come to a public forum with ur ignorance

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs To Learn From Ghana. by Plarp: 9:38pm On Jul 25, 2012
lol, what a topic. Ghana is rotten to the core, just like Nigeria.

You guys have no control over what is going on in the background, that is more important than a dozen good presidents.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Learn From Ghana. by Nobody: 3:06am On Jul 26, 2012
helpee: Shut up! You ignorant fool. The man had been hovering between europe and america for medical check up and only recently returned to Ghana from a medical trip to USA. If not for emergency, he would have been flown back to europe so get ur facts right before u come to a public forum with ur ignorance

You know, when I read he was flown to USA for treatment I was wondering if that was the same Ghana they said was an El Dorado. I was under the impression they had every medical facility to deal with all ailments since they had exemplary leaders with zero corruption etc etc.

I guess I took the Nairaland Ghana worshipping brigade a tad too seriously.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs To Learn From Ghana. by dasparrow: 3:50am On Jul 26, 2012
helpee: Shut up! You ignorant fool. The man had been hovering between europe and america for medical check up and only recently returned to Ghana from a medical trip to USA. If not for emergency, he would have been flown back to europe so get ur facts right before u come to a public forum with ur ignorance

LOL

@Post

So OP what would you have us do? Would you like us as a country to bring in Ghanians to be our leaders from the president to the governors, ministers and senators? What do you mean precisely when you say Ghana should re-colonize us? Would you like them to become our colonial masters? LOL.

Anyways, I think that the problems in our dear country goes beyond poor leadership. The problems in Nigeria has much to do with the mindset of the average Nigerian. Our leaders are a reflection of the people they lead. Nigerians are not united with one voice. For example, look at the way some people were scolding Fashola for reprimanding a military officer who was in broad daylight breaking traffic laws. I mean, if we the people don't change our mindset Nigeria cannot become the country we all wish her to be even if we bring in Ghana, USA, UK, or Canada to come and re-colonize us a hundred times over. Change begins with you and me. Peace!

PS: I will be back on this thread to make sure my post did not grow wings and fly away into oblivion since lately a few of my posts have been mysteriously disappearing. Peace, out!

(1) (Reply)

IBB,OBJ Speak On How To End Boko Haram! / In A U-turn On Subsidy Fraud, NLC Backs NUPENG Strike / [B]CPC Chieftain Disagrees With Party Over Sanusi's 5000 Note[/b]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.