Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

My Friends, Brothers And Sisters I Need Ur Help?. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Friends, Brothers And Sisters I Need Ur Help?. (930 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? / She Finally Told Me We Are Brothers And Sisters. / I Am In Hell Please Help Me My Brothers And Sisters In Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friends, Brothers And Sisters I Need Ur Help?. by habibi777(m): 7:30pm On Dec 11, 2007
My friends, brothers and sisters i need your help?. Have been datting my galfriend now for over 3yrs and we love each other to bits. But we have a problem, i just found out resently that her mum will not allow me to marry her cos am not igbo, ( her mum told her is going to be over her dead body for us to marry) What should we do? (should i move on or stay with her).

NB. ples before you reply think BLOOD IS THICKER THAN WATER
Re: My Friends, Brothers And Sisters I Need Ur Help?. by quinofhart(f): 7:56pm On Dec 11, 2007
hi,
don't know why parents do this, i really don't know what to say. I'll get back to you.
Re: My Friends, Brothers And Sisters I Need Ur Help?. by Nautillus(m): 8:21pm On Dec 11, 2007
its a sad scenario but that life sha.

meanwhile, where ur gal from?

Just try to ride it out as long as you can. pleading with her as much as u can but have it at the back of your mind that you guyz might have to split up.benn ther done that we fought 4 two years but had to split eventually. nasty scenario bro cry cry cry cry
Re: My Friends, Brothers And Sisters I Need Ur Help?. by FactorChic(f): 8:24pm On Dec 11, 2007
Shouldn't this be the girl's choice
Re: My Friends, Brothers And Sisters I Need Ur Help?. by xgbovo: 1:34am On Dec 12, 2007
habibi777 if u truly love ur chik and she loves u so dearly that she can do anything to make sure u both end up being husband and wife. Then you two have roles to play, make sure u beg her mum and let her realise u are well trained but she doesnt see reasons after u might have shown ur gud sides to her, Then leave that area wit ur guy a a month or two and see what will happen, lol
Re: My Friends, Brothers And Sisters I Need Ur Help?. by omogenikky(f): 1:41am On Dec 12, 2007
How come u had no hint of this in the "3 years of courtship". A mother can't suddenly wake up and tell her daughter not to marry someone from another tribe. She would have been dropping hints or warnings to the girl since she was old enough. And you guys got serious, 1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year without ever discussing this and you were in a "serious relationship" and "you love yourselves to bit".
Maybe I'm too harsh but really, I wonder when people come up with such issues after years of dating.

Anyways, since the mother has said over her dead body, you had better move on so that you won't be accused of killing the poor woman if u guys do marry, and next time, when the seriousness bug starts biting, ask your questions ,
Re: My Friends, Brothers And Sisters I Need Ur Help?. by kerzakov(m): 8:34am On Dec 12, 2007
my guy, i don't feel for you. go and marry someone from your state. fullstop. parents especially yorubas- that are myopic, are like that so move on. cheers
Re: My Friends, Brothers And Sisters I Need Ur Help?. by habibi777(m): 9:20am On Dec 12, 2007
omogenikky ::::: I get what you are saying, and i asked her why it took her this long to tell i can not marry her, ( her mum said i did not not tow of you will last this long), So now tell me where do i stand
Re: My Friends, Brothers And Sisters I Need Ur Help?. by Soundmind(m): 11:31am On Dec 12, 2007
Bros, two of you can marry, this is the time both of you should show committment, care and concern for each other. In other word, it is time to show LOVE.
this is how it could be made possible.
- Make sure that both of u love each other as you love yourself.
- Option A (a short one) is agree with the girl and she will get pregnant for you. Accept the responsibility and take full care of her. Before she gets to 3 issues, you are already comfortably married.

-Option B is for two of you to remain single and make your relationship open to every one that cares. Her parent may hold on to her for some years but they will definitely call you and appologise to you. They will not only support the marriage but also sponsor it partly having seen the love their child have for you. Keep on loving and helping the girl and her parent as much as you can. This will convince them that love have not barrier. That you are for real and not chasing shadow. This option need endurance, trust and confidence.

To bolt away from the relationship because the parents and not because of girl is an indirect way of saying that you had only sexual interest in her.
Best of luck.

(1) (Reply)

Cross Cultural Marriages: Do You Subscribe To It? / He Does Not Believe Me / When Is This Trickin S**t Gonna Stop Wit Naija Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.