Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,894 members, 7,824,746 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion (150377 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by alimat2(f): 7:25pm On Oct 22, 2009
hadancome:

@POST
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@ALL,
UNA NO DEY SHAME, ARE U NOT ALL XTIANS? WHERE IS UNITY IS CHRISTIANITY? AND U WILL BE CRITICISING OTHER PEOPLES RELIGION.
I WISH THERE IS FORUM FOR THE BABALAWOS AND THE ORUNMILLA AND I SEE ANY OF U THERE, SANGO, OGUN, OBATALA AND SOPONO WILL FIRE ALL OF U. senseless people dey fight dem self over their OWN religion, why una no go meet the traditional belivers? isi ewu grin grin grin

case close

1 Like

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by papalee1(m): 8:09am On Nov 09, 2009
hey,peeps. am really people are discussing about cele here. i just decided to google the name and was surprise with the results that came up.but in the nutshell, i think its a good thing.

unfortunately i attended the church but really am very indifferent cos i believe religion aint about where you worship but based on your personal relationship with God.

about their activities,usage of candles and other stuff, i thing it just ancestral. the same way other churches uses water, anoiting oil, handkerchiefs etc.

i do think i dislike the fact that service is always too long.i still wonder why they do that.

about the ise's ( spiritual work) and prophecy. it all depends.as quoted in the bible, prophecying is one of the gifts of the spirit. but, its all insticts as is said by the bible that in the end times there would be alot of false prophets. so its al instincts. when they tell u irrational stuffs, reject it and pray about it.

all churches have their falls,so it aint about where u worship, u just hold on to what u believe and stand firm to it

2 Likes

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Joagbaje(m): 3:03pm On Nov 16, 2009
The problem with CELESTIAL CHURCH started with OSCHOFFA the late founder. He allowed ungodly practices which became foundations and are now hard to change. especially after his death .I believe he was called of God, most Pentecostals may not agree with me, but hear me out.
In the days of the emergence of Cele, Africa was a dark continent and a den of idolatry practices . God needed a counter power. He began to call ordinary men. Farmers ,carpenters etc. Oschoffa was called in a spectacular way, with proof and mighty signs , He raised dead to life, Healed the sick. That was the best God could get from Africa .Many people were converted from idolatry to the church or to “Christ” but people soon began to desire physical things to put their faith on. So the church allowed “parallel truths” replica of truth and idolatry. Candle and eggs to replace animal sacrifice, incense and all to replace ritualistic worship, water cleansing to replace ritualistic bath. palm front crosses to replace chrm and armulet. Rules and laws like "touch not taste not." These were comfortable for the people of those days considering their background it wasn’t uncommon. The church began to build on suggestions, “inspiration, revelation and prophesy, There was a time of hope in the 60s when they used to have some bible classes, you must have your class card to be anointed , but all that stopped.
Whenever truth is rejected ,men go after false value, like Aaron building “golden calf” in the days of Moses, Roman catholism too was born by the introduction of roman idols, and chaplets into the church,
The word of God is our guide and judge. A man of God has to study the gospel to be sound. Miracles cant teach you the bible. Even prophecies are to be judged by the word, not by feeling or experience.
2 Tim. 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
You judge visions, you judge doctrines and discern by the word.

Galatians 1:8
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

1 Cor. 14:29 says “ Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge”.
It is not everything Oschoffa received that was inspired by God. But anything goes where there is no soundness of teaching. In Celestial church there is or was no understanding of the difference between old testament and new. That is why most of the ritualistic deeds have their references in the Old testament laws. Now you may want to quote for me that there was reference to candle in the temple in book of revelation. but you must know that its cetainly npot refering to this wax candle stick made from fat but lampstands which was powered by annointing oil made from olive tree (ex 30:20) but i dont want to go into that now. For example Celes goes barefoot because God told Moses and Joshua to remove their shoe because the ground was holy ground. But jesus that we follow and Paul wore shoes even inside the holy temple. Do you follow Moses experience or Jesus .
Col. 2:20-23
Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, [21] (Touch not; taste not; handle not; [22] Which all are to perish with the usingwink after the commandments and doctrines of men? [23] Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.
Many in Cele today don’t understand what salvation is, though many really love God from their hearth but faith comes only by “hearing and hearing by the WORD”,
Paul commended the church that had bible study culture
Acts 17:11
, ” These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
In a nutshell “THE PROBLEM WITH CELESTIAL” is the foundation.
Oschoffa did a great job , he walked faithfully in the little light he had. Tb Joshua had similar call, Orimolade, even the founder of RCCG people not so educated but they gave room to improvement.
The entire structure of CELE has to change, if not ,people will continue in spiritual blindness ready to argue ready to defend and yet remain spiritual babies or even unsaved. We have to give the word its supremacy. but if we cant question the doctrines in the name of "ise oluwa ,awamaridi ni" or " the ways of God are mysterious" things will tend to degenerate more and more. you dont need to call jehovah in prayer, God has given all power to to the name of jesus. that is why you cant use Jehovah name to cast out devils or heal the sick. You dont needd to call angels name, they are you servants.Col. 2:18 says "Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,[i][/i]

joeagbaje@yahoo.com
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by illusion2: 3:41pm On Nov 16, 2009
Ijo mimo. . . . . Momsie used to take us there in the early 80s.

The songs still ring in my head:

'Okun kun ko le bori imole. . . . . . . .'

'Holy St.Michael' etc

1 Like

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Alxmyr(m): 12:42pm On Nov 21, 2009
illusion2:

'Holy St.Michael' etc

I feel that song. 'Okunkun ko le bori imole'

The major problem with CCC was leadership. Pastor Oschoffa before he died did not leave structure that would enable true successful succession. Many things that crept into CCC was as a result of visionless leadership and people had terrible experiences from these evil shepherds.
The fall of CCC should be a warning to RCCG. It is time the leadership start putting up good structures.Stories emanating from the church these days are not pleasant.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by springtec: 1:51pm On Nov 25, 2009
Well, different strokes they say exist for different folks, i and my 4 siblings were born and bred in Celestial Church of Christ, Ijo Mimo Ti Kristi Lati Orun Wa, Eglise Du Christiasme Celeste, Agun Wiwe Oloton. Lawanson Parish, 15 Akinkumni Street Surulere.

I was previledged to be part and parcel of every single activity and service done in the church, my family was so religious and committed -- The AKANFES', really i thank God for giving me the opportunity to have been there, i Saw, Learnt and Conquered. I actually saw the good, bad and Ugly. But the truth is no church denomination, and i repeat no church denomination include where i attend now, RCCG can boast of being perfect, i can tell stories over stories of everyday events in the church that could be discouraging,saddening and unhealthy.

When i was in Cele i had a golden opporyunity of belonging to a particular sect, called CBF-Central Bible Fellowship, a centre for the absolute and indepth RESEARCH and APPLICATION of the word of God, it was founded by a foremost professor of Chemistry a one time deputy vice chancellor Unilag, Prof S.O Odeyemi. I can tell you that for those of us priviledge to be part of that Fellowship or the Bible College Affiliate by the same founder- CBI- Central Bible Institute Ilaje Bariga, our lives were different. I want to tell you that every single thing i know in the scriptures now i learnt them from the CBF and CBI of the Celestial Church, though i am out of the church now, but the reason is not because of the several comments and complaints of "agbere"- adultery and fornication an all that, but because God actually wants me out. Imagine the whole family leaving the church on the same day, we just all decided to leave, because we moved away from Lawanson to far away Akute in Ogun state, and finding a church setting similar at least 10% to Lawanson parish of the C.C.C was a problem, all the C.C.C parishes we found were off the hook, so we decided to call it quit and attend a neutral church, so we landed in R.C.C.G.

Is is not a question of either the church is good or bad, because the bible tells me, Jesus is the only way that leads to the Father, going by the standard of churches today none i mean NONE is FIT by thank God for Gods' grace and Mercy, Imagine a Church Leader being confirmed to be in HELL. What then are we saying.
Food for thot.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by KayTASUED: 2:20pm On Dec 11, 2009
The first question I will ask the rumour mongers of the church is; How is there life in person? These are the people that had refused the truth in the past and started chasing after the false pophets and prophetesses. Having got the counterfeit they wanted, they will start proclaiming the church to be bad. As for me, my life is a testimony that the church is the church of Jesus Christ. Salvation is a personal thing. It is not a matter of church. God called Abraham, our father, alone. ", for whoever believe in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life" is what the Bible says. It is not whoever goes to this or that church for we are all partakers of the same glory in Jesus Christ. Hence, there is neither Jews nor Gentiles anymore. Are all brethren in RCCG, Christ Embassy,CAC,TREM,MFM,Deeper Life, and so on saints? Don't we hear of the silent atrocities perpetuated in those churches? Why are you so much concerned about the church-CCC? What is happening in other churches in terms of the manifestation of HIS power and presence that is not evident in Celestial Church Of Christ? Haven't you read in the Bible that:"Do not judge so that you will not be judged"? So, stop blaspheming the work of God. May God Forgive you all.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by paulicoco: 1:25pm On Mar 08, 2010
many CCC parishes are filled up with hypocrites and wolves behind sheeps clothes, but those kind of people also exist in pentecostal and catholic churches. The reason why people fornicate and commit adultry in CCC is because the majority people share the yuroba background, I AM sorry to say, but most yurobas are known for their rough lifestyle, having women/or men here and there,

u hardly find sheperds or elders commiting adultry in CCC parishes in edo state or other parts of nigeria
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Joagbaje(m): 1:50pm On Mar 08, 2010
pauli coco:

many CCC parishes are filled up with hypocrites and wolves behind sheeps clothes, but those kind of people also exist in pentecostal and catholic churches. The reason why people fornicate and commit adultry in CCC is because the majority people share the yuroba background, I AM sorry to say, but most yurobas are known for their rough lifestyle, having women/or men here and there,

u hardly find sheperds or elders commiting adultry in CCC parishes in edo state or other parts of nigeria

The lifestyle of members in a church is not what determins if the church is good or not. but rather what the doctrine of the church is. what is there concept of Jesus. Who is he to them.
1 John 4:2-3 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: [3] And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

[color=#990000[b]]2 John 1:7 [/b]
For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. [/color]

You should not judge a minister just by the lifestyle of some members, If we have to do that, Jesus will be the first fake minister. He made thief to be the treasurer or financial secretary of his ministry!(judas) EFCC should investigate him!. The Church is not for perfect people but for perfecting people.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Jesuto(f): 3:53pm On May 06, 2010
I spent some time at Celestial Church of Christ ( attended about ten different parishes in all) and I have to say that it is not a church but a CULT disguised as a church. Ask any "Celestian" the way of salvation, they will tell you to do good works and trust God. They believe that Jesus is the Son of God but they do not believe that Jesus Christ ALONE is the way to God. That makes them non-Christians, although most of them do not know it.

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;" - 1 Timothy 2:5

Celestians pray to an angel (Jehovah, Jesus Christ, Holy Michael), they believe and practice polygyny (marriage of one man and more than one wife) and they believe in labelling children as witches, "Emere", and other sorcery related terms. They perform exorcism with incense, candles, palm leaves, crucifixes, brooms and palm fronds, praying over water and calling it holy water, praying over clothes, calling it holy clothes, cursing withes and enemies, and staying in the church premises for a period of time (abo- refuge period).

They enjoy praying on beach sand (called ile anu) and using beach water. they drink "green water" - a mixture of concentrated salts which is unhealthy which causes the "drinker" to self-purge. Women are marginalised and constantly abused. Women cannot lead services, the church is designed as the Jewish tabernacle in the wilderness. A menorah is placed in the holy of holies section where the service leader who can be a polygynist, abortionist, wife beater, fraudster and etc. leads others into the presence of "God". Fornication and adultery is common and women cannot enter the church during their menstration period or they wear "aso ara (ordinary clothes) inside the church and not aso emi (sutana, white garment) during the period.

Fake prophecies are always given and flesh-inspired prophecies "come true". Galatians 5: 19-21 states; "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Celestians practice "Christianized withcraft". They call on another "Jesus" and preach another gospel ,

Galatians 1:6-9; "I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."

If you are a Celestian, I encourage you to STUDY the bible for yourself, don't let the Devil cheat you any further (2 Timothy 2:15, John 10:10). Apostle Paul warns in Colossians 2:18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,, Your life, your soul, your eternity is IMPORTANT! STUDY THE BIBLE and don't just follow blind traditions, we're talking about your eternity here!

John 3: 3 "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

1 Peter 1: 23 "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever."

Romans 10: 9-13 "9That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11As the Scripture says, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame.”e 12For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Start by praying the prayer below;

"God Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, Creator of my life, I come to You asking for Your mercy, help me to know Your word, help me to know Your will, I believe that You sent Jesus Christ to die for my sins, I believe that You raised Jesus from the dead, I confess that Jesus Christ is my Lord. Thank you Father for helping me. In Jesus name I pray. Amen."

I will not argue with any one that has a different opinion, I will however pray for you. All the best.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by bubugul(f): 1:29am On May 07, 2010
never been there cool cool
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by SuperT(m): 4:38am On May 07, 2010
What do you expect, The founder have one said serpent gave him power. Can serpent be means of empower the savant of God?
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Nobody: 9:36am On May 07, 2010
Super T:

What do you expect, The founder have one said serpent gave him power. Can serpent be means of empower the savant of God?
Where exactly did the founder say what u posted above?
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by bubugul(f): 2:28pm On May 07, 2010
toba:

Where exactly did the founder say what u posted above?
1998, in enugu state.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by jesus3: 2:43pm On May 07, 2010
I think the founder died in 1985, how could he/she have spoken in 1998?
bubugul:

1998, in enugu state.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 18, 2010
Alxmyr:

I feel that song. 'Okunkun ko le bori imole'

The major problem with CCC was leadership. Pastor Oschoffa before he died did not leave structure that would enable true successful succession. Many things that crept into CCC was as a result of visionless leadership and people had terrible experiences from these evil shepherds.
The fall of CCC should be a warning to RCCG. It is time the leadership start putting up good structures.Stories emanating from the church these days are not pleasant.

illusion2:

'Holy St.Michael' etc

Let me give u another song

' ojo agbara naa, tii osan doru

ta so jo mimo kale,

Irawo meje, lo yo ni oke orun

ta won eiye wo ke luli

Ta won eiye wo ke luli

luli ore ofe,

irawo meje lo yo ni oke orun

ta won eiye wo ke luli
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:09pm On May 18, 2010
I tried Cele once (when I was lost, dejected and forsaken) and the experience was thrilling (at least for the Night Vigil). the guy on the drums was no ordinary human being. cos no ordinary human can beat the drums the way he did. I was literally thrown into a trance by the beats and for almost 5+ hours i was on another spiritual plane. by dawn all my worries were gone, my purpose and confidence returned and all the rest is history.

grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Jesus2: 7:14pm On May 18, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

I tried Cele once (when I was lost, dejected and forsaken) and the experience was thrilling (at least for the Night Vigil). the guy on the drums was no ordinary human being. cos no ordinary human can beat the drums the way he did. I was literally thrown into a trance by the beats and for almost 5+ hours i was on another spiritual plane. by dawn all my worries were gone, my purpose and confidence returned and all the rest is history.

grin

Cele and cherubim owns african music. Cele made me a multi instrumentalist and a good singer in the few years i spent there

2 Likes

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Joagbaje(m): 8:54am On May 19, 2010
Super T:

The founder didnt say serpent gave him power.He said he heard a serpent say " Luli" . Did serpent give moses power too? It is rather symbolic

John 3:14
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by SuperT(m): 10:56pm On May 19, 2010
Quote from: Joagbaje Today at 08:54:45 AM
The founder didnt say serpent gave him power.He said he heard a serpent say " Luli" . Did serpent give moses power too? It is rather symbolic
John 3:14
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

Is God that has Moses to did that to canter the attacked of the serpent when they repented from their sin. Also now anybody that repented and look on to Jesus shall be saved. serpent didn't talked to Moses. The founder said it in so many places then and those that are closed to him quoted him also. Don't assumed, go and verifier it.
e.g Shade Fadipe (Shade coconut) was one of their prophetest then also quoted him. Just go ask the elderly member of the Church.

1 Like

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Joagbaje(m): 11:11am On May 20, 2010
Serpent is simbolic of sin. The serpet on the cross was symolic of christ who became sin on our behalf so that we can recieve grace. If a serpent that symbolises sin will now say "Luli" which means "Grace" I think its still in harmony. Where sin was , grace has come. It was a contrast between Grace and Sin in my own opinion.

Romans 5:20
, But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by blank(f): 8:40pm On May 20, 2010
Don't mean to derail this thread or anything or even sound tribalistic but why is it prevalent among Yorubas?
Is it because they naturally are into fetish things that when they join 'church' they go bring such stuff in?
I had a matron in secondary school that was cele.
She had 9 children from 4 different husbands and was highly revered in their church.
However, she was very wicked. Won't go into it as i see no reason to flog dead horses.
Also, all her children had one comma or the other.
The first daughter almost killed her husband and had to be arrested. She said she saw it in a vision and her sherpard told her it was okay.
The son that was my age mate and also my classmate in JS1 kept on repeating to the extent that when i was in SS3, he was in SS1 and was just dull.
The second to the youngest was a dada and he was mentally challenged.
These were the kids we had interactions with so i knew their personal stories.
The other ones, na hear say so i won't repeat them here.
We used to peep and watch when they were having 'prayers' in their house.
Enough candle burning, incense etc.
Later heard that they had to ask her to leave when one of her kids attempted to set fire to the school esp the dormitories.

These are my own experiences.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 20, 2010
blank:

Don't mean to derail this thread or anything or even sound tribalistic but why is it prevalent among Yorubas?
Is it because they naturally are into fetish things that when they join 'church' they go bring such stuff in?
I had a matron in secondary school that was cele.
She had 9 children from 4 different husbands and was highly revered in their church.
However, she was very wicked. Won't go into it as i see no reason to flog dead horses.
Also, all her children had one comma or the other.
The first daughter almost killed her husband and had to be arrested. She said she saw it in a vision and her sherpard told her it was okay.
The son that was my age mate and also my classmate in JS1 kept on repeating to the extent that when i was in SS3, he was in SS1 and was just dull.
The second to the youngest was a dada and he was mentally challenged.
These were the kids we had interactions with so i knew their personal stories.
The other ones, na hear say so i won't repeat them here.
We used to peep and watch when they were having 'prayers' in their house.
Enough candle burning, incense etc.
Later heard that they had to ask her to leave when one of her kids attempted to set fire to the school esp the dormitories.

These are my own experiences.
Individual characters most times have nothing to do with the church Even in the best 'church' we have devils
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by blank(f): 9:16pm On May 20, 2010
Don't know about that.
She was just the only one i knew that was deeply into cele.
Also, i still feel its a Yoruba thingy.

toba:

Individual characters most times have nothing to do with the church Even in the best 'church' we have devils
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 20, 2010
blank:

Don't know about that.
She was just the only one i knew that was deeply into cele.
Also, i still feel its a Yoruba thingy.

If u say u dont knowbout that,means u re just been biased. I just told u that any one could be like the woman u used as e.g. Both theist&atheist. Why do u think its a yoruba thing? U want to start another tribal war?
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by blank(f): 10:54pm On May 20, 2010
I think its a Yoruba thingy cos:
1. the 'church' is made up of mostly Yorubas.
2. It uses Yoruba as the language in their services.
3. Mainly based in the South West.

So say wateva u like, i am not starting any kind of war.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 20, 2010
How does that affect u? Rem the founder oshoffa isnt a Nigerian. Hes from benin republic&millions attend there so W.T.H are u saying?
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by SuperT(m): 2:25am On May 21, 2010
Quote from: lagerwhenindoubt on May 18, 2010, 07:09 PM

They loved music and dancing, only when its come to the word of God the church will be almost empty. Many carried Bible only for cele spiritual work not know what is the inside except some book of psalms to deceived their victim
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by REALTRUTH1: 4:40am On May 21, 2010
springtec:

Well, different strokes they say exist for different folks, i and my 4 siblings were born and bred in Celestial Church of Christ, Ijo Mimo Ti Kristi Lati Orun Wa, Eglise Du Christiasme Celeste, Agun Wiwe Oloton. Lawanson Parish, 15 Akinkumni Street Surulere.
I was previledged to be part and parcel of every single activity and service done in the church, my family was so religious and committed -- The AKANFES', really i thank God for giving me the opportunity to have been there, i Saw, Learnt and Conquered. I actually saw the good, bad and Ugly. But the truth is no church denomination, and i repeat no church denomination include where i attend now, RCCG can boast of being perfect, i can tell stories over stories of everyday events in the church that could be discouraging,saddening and unhealthy.
When i was in Cele i had a golden opporyunity of belonging to a particular sect, called CBF-Central Bible Fellowship, a centre for the absolute and indepth RESEARCH and APPLICATION of the word of God, it was founded by a foremost professor of Chemistry a one time deputy vice chancellor Unilag, Prof S.O Odeyemi. I can tell you that for those of us priviledge to be part of that Fellowship or the Bible College Affiliate by the same founder- CBI- Central Bible Institute Ilaje Bariga, our lives were different. I want to tell you that every single thing i know in the scriptures now i learnt them from the CBF and CBI of the Celestial Church, though i am out of the church now, but the reason is not because of the several comments and complaints of "agbere"- adultery and fornication an all that, but because God actually wants me out. Imagine the whole family leaving the church on the same day, we just all decided to leave, because we moved away from Lawanson to far away Akute in Ogun state, and finding a church setting similar at least 10% to Lawanson parish of the C.C.C was a problem, all the C.C.C parishes we found were off the hook, so we decided to call it quit and attend a neutral church, so we landed in R.C.C.G.
Is is not a question of either the church is good or bad, because the bible tells me, Jesus is the only way that leads to the Father, going by the standard of churches today none i mean NONE is FIT by thank God for Gods' grace and Mercy, Imagine a Church Leader being confirmed to be in HELL. What then are we saying.
Food for thot.
Hi bro,,,God bless you,,I was once a member,,infact I was one of the perticipants that won the silver cup in the first ever maiden bible study quiz in 1983,,,called the Oshoffa cup,,,The truth is that my first ever born experience was at CCC,,,Do you know Evangelists J.K. Farinmade? He used to be the Gospec Fellowship Coordinator,,,I am yet to see any man of God that is as vast as he is in the Bible except pastor Kumuyi,,,,
I left CCC to join some of these Penterascals Churches,,,RCCG being one of them,,,the CCC i attended then was better than the RCCG now,,,,If you know J.K. Farinmade,,,you would know what am talking about,,,,
Please do you remember this song then:
Baba palase latorun wa, ki gbogbo aye yo wariri,,complete it for me,,,,CCC hymn and songs are more spiritual and heaven consciuos than all these disco penterascals songs,,,
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Nobody: 7:47am On May 21, 2010
@ REAL TRUTH.
That is hymn 176. Prof Odeyemi of unilag made it CCCs anthem. Cele is fun to be in before selfish wolis spoilt some things. even at that,all sects are not perfect even Islam.
Celestial hyms remains the sweetest&most spiritual. Hymn 406.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Joagbaje(m): 8:12am On May 21, 2010
REAL TRUTH:

Please do you remember this song then:Baba palase latorun wa, ki gbogbo aye yo wariri,,complete it for me,,,,CCC hymn and songs are more spiritual and heaven consciuos than all these disco penterascals songs,,,

Is it by song or the concept of salvationThe spirituality of a song is not in melodies but the biblical content. some parts of their songs are scriptural some are unscriptural.

at CCC,,,Do you know Evangelists J.K. Farinmade? He used to be the Gospec Fellowship Coordinator,,,I am yet to see any man of God that is as vast as he is in the Bible except pastor Kumuyi,,,,
I left CCC to join some of these Penterascals Churches,,,RCCG being one of them,,,the CCC i attended then was better than the RCCG now,,,,If you know J.K. Farinmade,,,you would know what am talking about,,,

So where is  Farimade  now? Has  he not packed up? You had better go back to the pentirascals. At least they are consistent, and they are still here.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by mitchella1: 12:27pm On Jun 09, 2010
i hav no personal experience but what i see in muveez suggests a lot about the church it is almost a mixture of christianity and fetish beliefs and as we know, light and dark cannot mix

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

SCOAN Wiseman John Chi Is Dropped / Odù Ifá: Learn How To Interprete Ifa / The Book Of Enoch / Jesus Quoted It And So Did Apostles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.