Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b (61159 Views)

Poll: Do you think this bulding is necessary?

Yes: 56% (76 votes)
No: 43% (58 votes)
This poll has ended

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / Gay Church Opens In Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by runsaway: 8:13pm On Dec 14, 2007
[size=14pt]THIS IS THE LAST TIME I WILL POST THIS
RUN YOUR MOUTH AT UR OWN DETRIMENT
[/size]

you are on your own after this

your congregation is in tens of millions, now assuming you hold a service for them once every month and you get almost a million in attendance, do u keep them out in the open under the sun and in the rain when you have a couple billions in your account ---NO
you hold a meeting each year with millions in attendance- 3 million and still counting. do you keep the millions in the cold over night for a vigil? NO

what do you do? you build an auditorium to house them, one big enough for a million people. and u give them basic necessities such as chairs, fans, bulbs, PAs, toilets etc.

now mathematics starts.

a million 'okplast' chair at one thousand naira is how much
1 000 000 * 1 000 = 1 000 000 000
thats one billion for those of you who can't count.

bulbs, fans at half a billion or there about
cement at half a billion or there about
keep counting and you will be surprised that they spent less than 8 billion.

everywhere around the world, if you want quality software at a good price you go to the Indians
same thing for construction, if u want quality structures at an affordable price you go to the Chinese.
who were you expecting them to give the contract to? the thieves Nigeria contracted the Benin-ore road to or 'ogroma' who did ogun state road and the road was full of portholes before a year was up.

AND
Rccg was founded by Pa Akindayomi
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by OMUWUNMI: 8:29pm On Dec 14, 2007
runsaway:

[size=14pt]THIS IS THE LAST TIME I WILL POST THIS
RUN YOUR MOUTH AT UR OWN DETRIMENT
[/size]

you are on your own after this

your congregation is in tens of millions, now assuming you hold a service for them once every month and you get almost a million in attendance, do u keep them out in the open under the sun and in the rain when you have a couple billions in your account ---NO
you hold a meeting each year with millions in attendance- 3 million and still counting. do you keep the millions in the cold over night for a vigil? NO

what do you do? you build an auditorium to house them, one big enough for a million people. and u give them basic necessities such as chairs, fans, bulbs, PAs, toilets etc.

now mathematics starts.

a million 'okplast' chair at one thousand naira is how much
1 000 000 * 1 000 = 1 000 000 000
thats one billion for those of you who can't count.

bulbs, fans at half a billion or there about
cement at half a billion or there about
keep counting and you will be surprised that they spent less than 8 billion.

everywhere around the world, if you want quality software at a good price you go to the Indians
same thing for construction, if u want quality structures at an affordable price you go to the Chinese.
who were you expecting them to give the contract to? the thieves Nigeria contracted the Benin-ore road to or 'ogroma' who did ogun state road and the road was full of portholes before a year was up.

AND
Rccg was founded by Pa Akindayomi
unku abeg tell us a story
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by martin007(m): 8:34pm On Dec 14, 2007
I think we have so many students of economics here, trying to tell us how such money would have been spent, good as those ideas may sound, We never really stopped and ask ourselves that, its a Man of God we are referring to here, the Question we should ask is this, "Did God speak to him about this Project or Not"?, If God did, then we should not try to question this Project, but if he is doing it just to boost his ego, then we have a problem. So many people on here are hypocrites, you talk about the poor as if you really care about them, When was the last time you gave those on the street something? Who told you RCCG does not support the beggars or the homeless? The positive Side of this Project is that, 1. The Members of RCCG will have a better place to assemble, come rain, come sunshine, 2. Some fella's would be employed there to work.

If you really care about the needy? Start from your own hood! Charity Begins at Home
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by MrTurkey(m): 10:07pm On Dec 14, 2007
grin
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by debojyde(m): 11:06pm On Dec 14, 2007
speeddater:

what kind of is seun asking undecided? did he force people to leave their houses to come for a vigil? NO
did he coerce them? NO
is there punishment for not going? NO
I was baptized in redeem and i am at home on the the next level 9t. there is no punishment for not going.

its a choice people make to go to redemption camp. A spiritual exercise them embark on freely.

Y don't we ask u a stupid question like y do people chat or interact on nairaland? y can't they just chat or send messages to one person at a time. Y come together?

if u can answer y people come together on nairaland i will give u an answer on y people come together for camp meetings.

Well said. I don,t really understand the point Seun is trying to make. I go to Redeem Camp only when I can. Nobody forces any member to go there. Besides, christians from a lot of other churches(CAC, Baptist. etc) all over the world attend RCCG conventions so 4get that idea that its a rule as a member of the redeem church to attend the conventions.

About seun saying Pastor Adeboye should be able to visit over 365 parishes in a year Is that a joke or he really meant that statement. I know G.O tries his best to visit as many parishes as he can-He was in England for festival of light this year(like every other year) and while there he still had time to visit indiviual branches including Milton Keynes-England(very small town) when i was there early this year, He comes to yankee at least twice a year for the (congress in Baltimore, MD and the one in Texas) and visits as many branches as he can. This is the way he visits other countries all over the world but for seun to say he should be able to visit other parishes instead of holding a monthly congress shocked shocked C'mon, the man is not Superman o.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by MrTurkey(m): 11:42pm On Dec 14, 2007
7.7 Bils in Nigerian currency and some poor niggers keep dying of starvation in da slums and ghettos, sad sad, so so sad sad
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 15, 2007
thats nice, but what did Jesus say abt the beauty of the temple?lets jus hope that temple takes as many as 7.7 billion people to heaven, only the will i felicitate with them, angry lipsrsealed
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 12:49am On Dec 15, 2007
Mr. Turkey:

7.7 Bils in Nigerian currency and some poor niggers keep dying of starvation in da slums and ghettos, sad sad, so so sad sad

good thing say u talk am small small before our soldiers of God descend on you with spiritual battle axe.

una don talk una own. some of us beg to differ.

sheep keep following your "man of God" and the RGGC business empire.
una no just wan hear say people poor for this world.
i still say, poor and needy people still dey suffer. some of una million million for fit helep them.

Enjoy your next convention at the place.

Halleluyah! ! !
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by EmekaNaija(m): 1:45am On Dec 15, 2007
Peoples:
Let's be objective and forget sentiments. Jesus told Judas that the poor would always be with us, after the adultrous woman broke the expensive alabaster jar. In like manner, let us not attach sentiments about the poor to RCCG and Adeboye's new project. There are over 100million poor people in Nigeria. Building a soup kitchen would not reduce poverty in Nigeria.
Rather, we should look at the project in isolation and see if it is good or not. On its own, i see no reason to fault the new auditorium. My only problem is that i hope it is not cited along Ibadan express way like the redeemed camp that is turning into a nightmare for motorists. I only wish Reedemed's new project is aimed at eliminating the nuisance they've caused on that highway during their Holy Ghost night.

Just like the current Congress investigation here in the US that led to Oral Robert's son's resignation, i think our government should beam more light on churches/mosques and their finances. If possible, pass new laws to tax these religious organization, including my own church. I think this could increase government revenue and all things being equal lead to better infrastructure. I see no reason why they shouldnt be taxed since these religious bodies are even able to attract huge loans from banks to finance their expansion programs and their mega-lands such as Christ embassy camp ground, Redeemed camp and canaan land.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 1:58am On Dec 15, 2007
hmnn, may God help us not to chase effemeral things while on earth.things like these eclipse the ministry of Great men of God.( pls read God's Generals).So may the Lord help Baba Adebs.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by ow11(m): 2:48am On Dec 15, 2007
why would you want to gather 1 million people in one place?

with the bad roads and poor road network, the traffic mayhem that will arise from over 100,000 cars going to one place will definately be a problem. Why add to the ineptitude of the govt. by gathering so many people in one place?

For those talking about curses and thunderbolts wake up! It aint happening

debojyde:

. I know G.O tries his best to visit as many parishes as he can-He was in England for festival of light this year(like every other year) and while there he still had time to visit indiviual branches including Milton Keynes-England(very small town) when i was there early this year, He comes to yankee at least twice a year for the (congress in Baltimore, MD and the one in Texas) and visits as many branches as he can.

what of Ohafia branch, Degema branch or Gboko branch? why must it be Milton keynes and Baltimore? abi don't those ones need His presence and blessings?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Aleksys: 3:54am On Dec 15, 2007
When on earth, Jesus supported the building of a befitting place of worship to the living God. Hence the widow's mite that has become the yardstick for measuring the spirit behind our giving to the Lord. Mary Magdalene masaged Jesus legs with expensive oil and Judas complained, he (Judas) suggested that the money Mary used to buy the expensive oil could be used to feed the poor. Jesus simply told him that "You shall always have the poor among you".
Therefore whatever or how much we spend to glorify God in any way should not be a subject of controversy.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:09am On Dec 15, 2007
Religion is business, do you guys find this as miraculous news?
Im confused? Do you know how rich the Vatican is?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by femifoly: 7:53am On Dec 15, 2007
The so called ¨Men of God¨ are all bunch of CRIMINALS and  ABUSERS!!!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by debojyde(m): 9:04am On Dec 15, 2007
ow11:

why would you want to gather 1 million people in one place?

with the bad roads and poor road network, the traffic mayhem that will arise from over 100,000 cars going to one place will definately be a problem. Why add to the ineptitude of the govt. by gathering so many people in one place?

For those talking about curses and thunderbolts wake up! It aint happening

what of Ohafia branch, Degema branch or Gboko branch? why must it be Milton keynes and Baltimore? abi don't those ones need His presence and blessings?

Dude, I was just trying to make a point the effort G.O puts to visit as many branches as he can no matter how far. Believe me, there is no state in Nigeria where they have branches that he has not visited(i was in ondo town when he visited few years back)and that does not mean every single branch in a state. Its obvious you don,t know this man at all before u tried to insinuate whatever. Let,s forget the fact that he is a pastor for a moment, his HUMILITY is something to be respected and admired.

femifoly:

The so called ¨Men of God¨ are all bunch of CRIMINALS and ABUSERS!!!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by debojyde(m): 9:07am On Dec 15, 2007
femifoly:

The so called ¨Men of God¨ are all bunch of CRIMINALS and ABUSERS!!!!! angry angry angry angry

U better take it easy before you burst an artery in front of your computer. You sound has if one has swindled you before.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by OMUWUNMI: 10:08am On Dec 15, 2007
hey guys watchout the men of God are coming  grin grin grin
khai_khai:

good thing say u talk am small small before our soldiers of God descend on you with spiritual battle axe.

una don talk una own. some of us beg to differ.

sheep keep following your "man of God" and the RGGC business empire.
una no just wan hear say people poor for this world.
i still say, poor and needy people still dey suffer. some of una million million for fit helep them.

Enjoy your next[b] convention [/b] at the place.

Halleluyah! ! !

confession you mean.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by eldee(m): 10:12am On Dec 15, 2007
Aleksys:

When on earth, Jesus supported the building of a befitting place of worship to the living God. Hence the widow's mite that has become the yardstick for measuring the spirit behind our giving to the Lord. Mary Magdalene masaged Jesus legs with expensive oil and Judas complained, he (Judas) suggested that the money Mary used to buy the expensive oil could be used to feed the poor. Jesus simply told him that "You shall always have the poor among you".
Therefore whatever or how much we spend to glorify God in any way should not be a subject of controversy.

I'm going to look at this from the simple logical angle. Pastor Adeboye as a sheperd to his congregation (like Jesus was on earth) Look at John 6:5
[center]When Jesus then lifted up his eyes, and saw a great company come unto him. he saith unto Philip. Whence shall we buy bread, that these may eat?[/center]
The Redemption Camp is to me the coldest place I can remember in Nigeria especially at night. If u've ever gone for any of the services, u'll have experienced that deep cold that dries your skin and the mud everywhere when rain falls. If he decides to take from this same peoples' money to build a place to cover them, i don't see anything wrong with that. Afterall before Jesus performed that miracle of feeding five thousand, the first thing he thought of was buying bread for them to eat. I won't go the distance of trying to count how many he'll have bought.

I'm still suprised why we always have a way of crucifying pentecostal churches when the same thing is happening everywhere. The Redeemed Church has a large plot of land, SO WHAT!!!
The Catholic Church has a whole country. Infact the Vatican has had more tourist visitors than worshippers. Don't even let us start to describe Mecca. Does it mean there are no poor muslims or catholics?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by kaydee(m): 2:26pm On Dec 15, 2007
Mariwo leri, egungun mbo grin grin grin
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Ekwere(m): 3:27pm On Dec 15, 2007
I really pity those members of the orthodox inclination.The word of God has rightly warned-"touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm."Can any of you "CLEAN AND REASONABLE " guys worship in a tattered auditoruim or whatever.
If you don't have any important thing to discuss,you better pick up yourself from that sit and go home.
Did RCCG come begging you and who told you that,RCCG has not been helping her members, should they carry the whole load or poverty of Nigeria to show that, it is a church.My friend think twice ok.
Anything that has to do with either RCCG,Mountain of fire,Christ embassy or any pentecostal churches,"CLEAN AND REASONABLE" people will rush to discuss it.
I am so sorry for your soul.I can only ask my father in heaven to forgive in the mighty name of Jesus.
Mamajama or whatever is your name is a very big fool,dont worry sit down in America and think that you are free.Do you knOw how americans worship God,casually.YOU ARE A BIG FOOL MAMAJAMA.
let somebody shout alleluaia.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by ladynoni(f): 8:41pm On Dec 15, 2007
Aleksys:

@ Aleksys: Upon your profound reasoning I stand. Leave the mockers and 'blasphemers' to answer to God. It would be ridiculous of us to fight for, or defend God. He is more than enough to defend HIMSELF against these chaps. Eru re nba mioo, Oba to fidi aye soleoo, eru re nba mii.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by vowiski(m): 9:59pm On Dec 15, 2007
[/b]give bantifully and receive bantifully.
NIGERIA WILL NEVER CHANGE. SEE MONEY---------- 7.7BILLION NAIRA
PLEASE EFCC WHERE UNA DEY, COS I WAN GO START MY OWN CHURCH, AFTER ALL  JESUS SAY  MAY WE KEEP HIM PAPA BUSINESS WELL
CHURCHES EVERYWHERE YET THE COUNTRY IS ROTTEN WITH CORRUPTION, WHAT of if churches nor coM dey.
                       I STILL HEAR SAY CHRISTEMBASSY WAN STILL DO THEIR OWN
OGA PRESIDENT OPEN YOU EYES, DEY COLLECT TAXES  ABEG.[b]
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Tayotayo(m): 10:23pm On Dec 15, 2007
Aleksys:

@Aleksys; that write-up is quite thoughtful of you. Let's analsye it a little futher( just from a different perspective from Eldee's). The Jesus of then can be liken to Pastor Adeboye of RCCG of today and the Judas that canvass for helping the poors with the cost of the Expensive Oil to the Mamajama's.
We all know that the same judas betrayed Jesus and was the thief among the twelve disciples. It's simple, those condeming the project are just the Judas of this present day and are not really concern about the poors but there pockets.
Except a man is in the Spirit he CAN NEVER COMPREHEND things of the SPIRIT. If Mamajama and his disciples are not aware, there are those living in abject poverty in America despite the wealth of that Nation( No doubt the number might be frightening here in Naija).
Condem no one so that you are not condemed.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Tayotayo(m): 10:41pm On Dec 15, 2007
vowiski:

[/b]give bantifully and receive bantifully.
NIGERIA WILL NEVER CHANGE. SEE MONEY---------- 7.7BILLION NAIRA
PLEASE EFCC WHERE UNA DEY, COS I WAN GO START MY OWN CHURCH, AFTER ALL JESUS SAY MAY WE KEEP HIM PAPA BUSINESS WELL
CHURCHES EVERYWHERE YET THE COUNTRY IS ROTTEN WITH CORRUPTION, WHAT of if churches nor coM dey.
I STILL HEAR SAY CHRISTEMBASSY WAN STILL DO THEIR OWN
OGA PRESIDENT OPEN YOU EYES, DEY COLLECT TAXES ABEG.[b]

It's quite unfortunate people dont learn. What has been done with the Taxes we've paid before.
Let's leave sentiments for just one day and see if Nigeria could be better for it.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by quinofhart(f): 10:46pm On Dec 15, 2007
this topic , it's content is why i am questioning my religion. Please no hard religious nut come back with insults, i am just speaking my mind, i have been a christian for many years , but things like this have been making the seed of doubt in my grow more and more. From false prophets, dodgy miracles, extravagant gatherings, multimillion money talk to uninspiring sermons. I am now truly losing my religion.

Anyone with some good advice please get in touch on my IM, i am worried, and sad at the state of spiritual life. In a country that many are dying, is there really a need for a '' N7.7b church, building?'' God help us all

cry
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by vowiski(m): 11:02pm On Dec 15, 2007
Tayotayo:

It's quite unfortunate people don't learn. What has been done with the Taxes we've paid before.
Let's leave sentiments for just one day and see if Nigeria could be better for it.

mr Tayotayo
when last did u pay ur taxes?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Tayotayo(m): 11:24pm On Dec 15, 2007
vowiski:

mr Tayotayo
when last did u pay your taxes?

Mr Vowiski, I am employed with a reputable MNC and I pay my Taxes as at when due-I don't evade tax
I hope that will not scare you away from opening up your church but remember those  He Called, If you are not called dont think of it else,
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by proxies(m): 11:49pm On Dec 15, 2007
Very funny arguements, BLACKMAN , BLACK MIND, make una no go think of ur lives, na man of God make una dey beef
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by oge4real(f): 11:51pm On Dec 15, 2007
The Bible says if they are not against us,then they are for us.Would we all be happy if this money was used to have o tummy tuck, build a private castle or purchase a massage machine?
I do not mind how much is spent in glorifying the name of God, and I will advise for men to desist from derogatory discussions concerning Men of God and the Gospel.
Remember that God is a JEALOUS GOD!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by oge4real(f): 11:58pm On Dec 15, 2007
The Bible says if they are not against us,then they are for us.Would we all be happy if this money was used to have o tummy tuck, build a private castle or purchase a massage machine?
I do not mind how much is spent in glorifying the name of God, and I will advise for men to desist from derogatory discussions concerning Men of God and the Gospel.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by PTH(m): 11:58pm On Dec 15, 2007
oge4real:

God has no interest in how big the buildings you worship him is. . . . where TWO or THREE are gathered together IN MY NAME there I am in their midst. Mathew 18:20
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by oge4real(f): 12:00am On Dec 16, 2007
@PTH, do you really think you are in a position to know what God wants?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

'I Am Dangerously Wealthy, I Am Rich' - Bishop Oyedepo Says / Tom Samson, His Hummer Limo, & Bodyguards Storm Cama Awards (pics) / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.