Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b (61151 Views)

Poll: Do you think this bulding is necessary?

Yes: 56% (76 votes)
No: 43% (58 votes)
This poll has ended

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / Gay Church Opens In Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 6:12am On Dec 13, 2007
Does anyone have at least a picture or two of this auditorium for us to see?? I would like to visit such a building when I am in Africa next. I mean for Nigeria to have the largest auditorium in the world , I mean is there like a school attached ?? I would like to send my kids to some decent school out there. grin
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Purist(m): 8:53am On Dec 13, 2007
@Kobojunkie

@Purist,
My point in laymans terms is this, We have no RIGHT (as Christians) flexing or criticizing this pastor and his group for choosing to spend their money the way they want. I mean you might scream and holla that your being able to criticize whomever you want is ok by you and that is fine but all you have in doing that is bad belle ( which for Christians is itself unacceptable behaviour) but when you go out to criticize persons like the others listed you have a point to make in that case since they are thieves and are legally supposed to be held responsible. Like I mentioned again, it was a debate between Christians and since I do not subject you to same the standards as I would those I know who tell me they are( unless you tell me you are one then you become subject to the laws in your Bible), then there is no need for you to bother with it. Simple!!!

If you do not know it, yes, there does exist a code when it comes to claiming to be Christian and if you followed the conversation like I suggested, you would not miss the part where I was refering to CHRISTIANS and not just anyone in my claims.

Please read all and do no skip the portions about God and what God demands of us and what not. I Checked to see if Seun had modified the posts but I see they are as posted last night so feel free to check them out from the beginning please @Purist

You still don't get it, do you? I'm NOT arguing about rights or no rights with you here. I personally haven't spoken any ill of the MOG here, since I'm somewhat indifferent to the whole issue, so that's not the issue. The point I'm trying so hard to drive into your thick skull ( grin) is that THERE IS NO BASIS FOR THE COMPARISM YOU MADE IN THE FIRST PLACE! Your point is understandable, but you shouldn't have brought in IBB, OBJ and others into this discourse to compare them with Adeboye, because THAT ALREADY INVALIDATES YOUR ARGUMENT! This is my point, in layman's terms. Thank you! cool

Kobojunkie:

Does anyone have at least a picture or two of this auditorium for us to see?? I would like to visit such a building when I am in Africa next. I mean for Nigeria to have the largest auditorium in the world , I mean is there like a school attached ?? I would like to send my kids to some decent school out there. grin

What I saw on TV was not attractive at all, and that's why I doubt the figures.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by arnold75(m): 9:36am On Dec 13, 2007
I am so surprised that some people would want to claim to know what they don't have dept knowledge of.Solomon's temple for God has the best architectural design in its days and was laced with gold and precious stones.Think about it and place value on it,wont it be well over the amount you are screaming for.Lets talk as nigerians,how much is Abacha's loot, ex-military presidents' loots.between 1999 till date how much money do you think our governors has looted.Are there not so much people in need their state?
Lets come off this hypocrisy,you would like the members on convention to stay under a canopy? or to stay in your house.Lets be honest and objective in our criticism.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by arnold75(m): 9:40am On Dec 13, 2007
I am so surprised that some people would want to claim to know what they dont have dept knowledge of.Solomon's temple for God has the best architectural design in its days and was laced with gold and precious stones.Think about it and place value on it,wont it be well over the amount you are screaming for.Lets talk as nigerians,how much is Abacha's loot, ex-military presidents' loots.between 1999 till date how much money do you think our governors has looted.Are there not so much people in need their state?
Lets come off this hypocrisy,you would like the members on convention to stay under a canopy? or to stay in ur house.Lets be honest and objective in our criticism.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 13, 2007
MP007, he is not the govt abi? ?
so, even if people can help the poor man next door, they shouldn't. because they are not the govt.
no be im mates dey give scholarships, set up charities etc.
Christian. I sorry for you.

that edifice is a waste. . those who want can shout man of God, man of God from now till next year.
his actions show what he is.
and those who say the church does not belong to Adeboye, it belongs to RCCG??
So, who owns RCCG, under whose name is RCCG registered? ?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Segunusaid(m): 9:47am On Dec 13, 2007
@mazaje,

you need to cross check ur history book, the nation was founded by protestant saints that fled the roman persecution in europe, & it may suprise to know that the first 12 univerisities in the US like Harvard, Yale,Columbia etc all formerly christian seminary colleges and first generation of american leaders were men of God, maybe you can consult pple that ve sense of history.

If i may ask u, what do you think the popularised ameerican freedom is all about? go and find out , it was freedom to serve God free from persecution and oppression that reigned supreme in the then european society, hence all the persecuted protestants from all european nations find their way to great britain that was then protecting the protestant christians and eventually becos of the fire of persecution they moved en mass to america in the sixtheen century and founded the american nation b4 the british start their colonialism.

pls check ur records , am sure u will be informed better and u will know that america is the most religion nation among the western world. Have u asked yourself why almost every american president always a baptist and anglo-saxon- protestant? do you find out why Algore can not be president? or do you know of this determinant criteria they called WASP? (white Anglo- Saxon- Protestant), the motto of american nation, In God We Trust, do u think it is a joke? Have u ever had of the Puritans in America? do u know that great revival &the move of God was responsible for American greatness? pls i can go on and on in this direction.

my candid advise is that u should pls read more of ur history books.

bye
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by arnold75(m): 9:48am On Dec 13, 2007
khai khai, i think you need to be duely informed, Adeboye isnt and will not be the owner of RCCG, because he isnt the founder of the church,he is the 2nd General Overseer in the history of RCCG. Ask for more info before you say things you'll regret. For charity ooo, he is deep into it,how much of G O do you know?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by zukkie4eva(f): 10:04am On Dec 13, 2007
MP007, he is not the govt abi? ?
so, even if people can help the poor man next door, they shouldn't. because they are not the govt.
no be im mates dey give scholarships, set up charities etc.
Christian. I sorry for you
and who says he doesn't give scholarships

Why does the world criticize anything Christian. If the caption was "FG opens World biggest auditorium ever, costs 7.7b), nobody would raise objection. Now, that it's "Church", everybody opens mouth.

I agree totally with MP007. All of you "poor-people-defender", how many of you have lifted up a finger to help the poor in your neighbourhood?? Everything must be on the church neck??

Na wa ooo!!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 13, 2007
arnold75:

khai khai, i think you need to be duely informed, Adeboye isnt and will not be the owner of RCCG, because he isnt the founder of the church,he is the 2nd General Overseer in the history of RCCG. Ask for more info before you say things you'll regret. For charity ooo, he is deep into it,how much of G O do you know?

Oga, so what am I going to regret??

notice the question mark, like they were in my previous post.

he is not deep into charities and scholarships. Where are the beneficiaries? ?
no be by setting up G O. what difference has it made in peoples lives? ?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by kaydee(m): 10:07am On Dec 13, 2007
@ khai_khai

No wonder ur name is
E be like say u're permanently high on
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 13, 2007
kaydee:

@ khai_khai

No wonder your name is
E be like say u're permanently high on

Sir, and your point is??
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by benit(f): 10:28am On Dec 13, 2007
If this building were a cinema it would have been acceptable to us abi? Adeboye has a very large congregation and providing them with a big and fine place to meet does not look so much like a sinful idea to me except if you prove that his members were forced to finance the project.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by tarezulu(m): 10:43am On Dec 13, 2007
Very soon all our eyes would be clear on what is right and wrong. If anybody is looking 4 spiritual knowledge we all know how to get it. People just want thers to do it 4 them.
Very soon we will all begin to know who a man of God is.
Poverty of the mind is a disease.

PS: lets make naigeria better. I think thats a better plan.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by adekusibe: 11:00am On Dec 13, 2007
iyknon i real like the answer you gave to the lady who call her self mama, something.
maybe she's not a bible scholar for her to know that solomon did more than what we redeeem just did.
pls let me mindful of our utterances because GOD deal with who soever does not britle his or her mouth
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by EO(f): 11:06am On Dec 13, 2007
Really guys I dont think there is any reason to take this issue very personal. You see God is not man and He makes us to realize from his word that we should respect his prophets. So in view of that, we should be very careful in whatever we say. Every man is entitled to his own opinion but everyone is not entitled to his facts and the fact of this matter is that "God should be the judge". All you need to do is to serve him and obey him. If you contributed to the putting up of the structure, thank God cos you will be blessed. If you did not you dont have to condemn. Besides the church is not the cause of the Nigerian problem and the earlier we begin to see from this light the faster this nation will move forward. Thank you
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by EO(f): 11:24am On Dec 13, 2007
@mamajama
I dont think you should be crying over spilled milk. The fact is that we built that auditorium to accomodate the people of God when they are worshipping God and there is nothing you or anybody else can do about that. Also please note as we expand further we will build larger ones so please, reserve you opinion and dont corrupt the mind of Nigerians. Ibori stole more than that what did you say to him and next time please try to think properly before raising religious debates. Hell is real and GOD IS NO RESPECTER OF PERSONS. Thank you very much.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by realdemi(f): 12:20pm On Dec 13, 2007
@Kobojunkie
The Redeemed Christian Church of God has a Secondary School (boarding) as well as a University located on its grounds. I have one brother in each institution.

@ Topic
the poor WILL always be in our midst so no one should expect ANYONE to be responsible for them. Even the UK and America et al have the poor amongst them so what the fret about. Should Adeboye be responisble for them?

The RCCG needs that auditorium. Any1 who has been there during conventions will understAnd the need at the sight of such mammoth crowds that troop there.
LOL.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by jerrymania(m): 12:29pm On Dec 13, 2007
@ dollyp4me

Stop saying rubbish. check up google and see if the founding fathers were christians. dont be fooled, they were freemasons who wrote the declaration of independence. Update urself.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by bussyankee(m): 12:36pm On Dec 13, 2007
Benit baby, u are spot on, if the auditorium is a giant cinema house or a big shopping mall, it will be welcomed by majority of the people, u will not see people talking about charity or spending money on less privilege instead of expending same on building a convinient place of worship. Billion of naira was spent in constructing silverbird galleria and
palms shopping mall, i have not heard these same people complaining on this thread raise a voice against such "frivolities"

And again majority of the complainers-in chief might have not worshiped at R.C.C.G camp, otherwise they should have seen for
themselves that the auditorium(without wall) is a sure necessity and not out of personal showboating of the humble G.O.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 1:49pm On Dec 13, 2007

I am so surprised that some people would want to claim to know what they don't have dept knowledge of.Solomon's temple for God has the best architectural design in its days and was laced with gold and precious stones.Think about it and place value on it,wont it be well over the amount you are screaming for.Lets talk as nigerians,how much is Abacha's loot, ex-military presidents' loots.between 1999 till date how much money do you think our governors has looted.Are there not so much people in need their state?
Lets come off this hypocrisy,you would like the members on convention to stay under a canopy? or to stay in your house.Lets be honest and objective in our criticism.

Thank you. One thing I have noticed is that instead of confronting those who are responsible for the situation in the country, we make it our place to decide who else should brought to book for spending their OWN money as they wish. I mean how can this church be held responsible for the fate of the poor in the country. I has almost become an anthem with some NIgerians.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 1:54pm On Dec 13, 2007
khai_khai:

Oga, so what am I going to regret??

notice the question mark, like they were in my previous post.

he is not deep into charities and scholarships. Where are the beneficiaries? ?
no be by setting up G O. what difference has it made in peoples lives? ?

You know what they say about Education This is a chance for you to educate your own self. What you asked is a valid question and you know what ? I think you should spend time researching to find answers so you can at least know fact instead of coming in to spout what you are you not even sure of @khai_khai. Making claims does not make facts. At least be willing to do some research before you make them.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by ow11(m): 2:24pm On Dec 13, 2007
The scripture that talks about storing up treasures on earth where moth will ruin it is generally ignored and will soon migrate to the old testament.

They have exploited the economic chaos in Nigeria to focus more on storing up magnificent treasures on earth. I pity their followers.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 2:42pm On Dec 13, 2007
ow11:

The scripture that talks about storing up treasures on earth where moth will ruin it is generally ignored and will soon migrate to the old testament.

They have exploited the economic chaos in Nigeria to focus more on storing up magnificent treasures on earth. I pity their followers.

That verse has absolutely nothing to do with the money involved in building the auditorium nor does it the auditorium itself.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Obialor16(m): 3:02pm On Dec 13, 2007
greetings all,
you have all spoken your mind according to evil leading especially mamajama and seun.i will encourage you to ask God for forgiveness about His son you have just spoken against.the church is waxing strong and winning souls for God and thats the most importanat thing.go and see the members of the redeemed christian church of God everywhere waxing strong.i am sure you have never been to our car park in the camp during our services to see the type and number of cars parked which speaks volume of progress.during our programmes like conventions and Holy Ghost congress currently going on, people are fed free of charge for as slong as the pgm last.so what is your problem with RCCG or pastor adeboye.please mamajama and seun go and ask God for forgiveness before He (GOD) strikes you.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 3:05pm On Dec 13, 2007
Obialor16:

greetings all,
you have all spoken your mind according to evil leading especially mamajama and seun.i will encourage you to ask God for forgiveness about His son you have just spoken against.the church is waxing strong and winning souls for God and thats the most importanat thing.go and see the members of the redeemed christian church of God everywhere waxing strong.i am sure you have never been to our car park in the camp during our services to see the typr of cars parked which speaks of progress.during our programmes like conventions and Holy Ghost congress, people are feed free of charge for as slong as the pgm last.so what is your problem with RCCG or pastor adeboye.please mamajama and seun go and ask God for forgiveness before He(GOD) strikes you.

OH BOY!!!! shocked
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Obialor16(m): 3:11pm On Dec 13, 2007
OW11,
think you should pity yourself
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Obialor16(m): 3:16pm On Dec 13, 2007
arnold75,
dede charlse good talk
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by labiyemmy(m): 3:49pm On Dec 13, 2007
If tomorrow Nigeria becomes the richest country on earth - some so called Diasporic Nigerians will write anything just to pull down the country, just like they are doing now - to pull down a church they have not even stepped their feet on.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by uchetobi(f): 3:55pm On Dec 13, 2007
I doubt the intention was to impress anybody in the first place, just to build a place where large no of believers can gather together and call on their Gos so wats all d controversies for…
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by elbulk(m): 3:59pm On Dec 13, 2007
why do u ppl talk like dis how much do u expect dem to use 500kr dey goin to worship under tree's, the church is growing and therefore there'd need 4 expansion, not a member tho, how much does catholic use 4 their headquaters in rome, so because it's in nigeria its not ok to hav something solid, for ur information even the anglican church is putting up something very beffiting with a plenty story building @ abuja, it's all about d need dat arises, shouls d rich knock on ppls doors and give dem money everyday just cos yhey r poora lot of us in nigeria r poor cos of our mentality, and who told u they dont hav a scheme 4 d needy, pls next time end ur statements with "in my opinion"
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by elbulk(m): 4:15pm On Dec 13, 2007
"So, who owns RCCG, under whose name is RCCG registered? ?", [b][/b]khai khai's words
do u knowhe's not d founder?was passed on to him and so far i believe he has done a great job
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 13, 2007
Kobojunkie:

You know what they say about Education This is a chance for you to educate your own self. What you asked is a valid question and you know what ? I think you should spend time researching to find answers so you can at least know fact instead of coming in to spout what you are you not even sure of @khai_khai. Making claims does not make facts. At least be willing to do some research before you make them.

Oh. so what claims did I make?? I think a lot of you should learn how to read. .
there are Question marks in both posts I made. I have made one claim which is. .
they are not deep in scholarships and charties and I stand by that.
Now I'll will make another. .
I know people who attend the church. All I hear from then all the time is complains and squabblings here and there about the internal workings of the church.

Many churches these days are money making ventures. RCCG  fits well in this category. . so you can keep drawing similarities between it and a mall or the Galleria. .

Obialor16:

greetings all,
you have all spoken your mind according to evil leading especially mamajama and seun.i will encourage you to ask God for forgiveness about His son you have just spoken against.the church is waxing strong and winning souls for God and thats the most importanat thing.go and see the members of the redeemed christian church of God everywhere waxing strong.i am sure you have never been to our car park in the camp during our services to see the type and number of cars parked which speaks volume of progress.during our programmes like conventions and Holy Ghost congress currently going on, people are fed free of charge for as slong as the pgm last.so what is your problem with RCCG or pastor adeboye.please mamajama and seun go and ask God for forgiveness before He (GOD) strikes you.

You Obialor16 would do well as a shango or ifa worshippper, calling God to strike people around the place.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

'I Am Dangerously Wealthy, I Am Rich' - Bishop Oyedepo Says / Tom Samson, His Hummer Limo, & Bodyguards Storm Cama Awards (pics) / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.