Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b (61160 Views)

Poll: Do you think this bulding is necessary?

Yes: 56% (76 votes)
No: 43% (58 votes)
This poll has ended

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / Gay Church Opens In Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by dollyp1cute(f): 9:14pm On Dec 12, 2007
Seun:

That only suggeststhat it was a religious nation.
Centuries have passed, the country may have changed!

@Seun
You make up your mind, their currency still says "In God we Trust",  the same motto which is included in their anthem

The president still ends most of his speech with "God Bless America"

Check out the number of folks who attend church in America, can't say much about mosques.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by dollyp1cute(f): 9:21pm On Dec 12, 2007
1boi:

How many structures did Jesus build during his time on earth
I know he won many souls though,
Its not by the structure its by how you impart the lives of many, win souls!
Nigerians are suffering, we don't need massive structures ,
we need basic facilities, light, water, shelter,
not massive auditoriums, can they live in it?
answer: NO undecided

@1boi
I already mentioned Solomon's temple. Jesus went to worship in a Temple.

There is no doubt about the many souls won through RCCG

There is no doubt about the many outreaches and missions to the poor being carried out by RCCG.

We do not need basic facilities in Nigeria we already have them.

What we need is good leaders who have integrity who will not siphon the countries resources to foreign land.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by 1boi: 9:33pm On Dec 12, 2007
dollyptcute,

You say we have basic facilities in naija,
well pardon me but i must you're blind
people buying generators, eating 101,001,100,010, all that formulas,
people buying pure water every day , no taps running with water,
and u say we have basic facilities,
just think if that money was pumped into the power sector, how many lives it would change,

you dont have to go to church to know ur God, a rapper once said!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by dollyp1cute(f): 9:40pm On Dec 12, 2007
1boi:

dollyptcute,

You say we have basic facilities in naija,
well pardon me but i must you're blind
people buying generators, eating 101,001,100,010, all that formulas,
people buying pure water every day , no taps running with water,
and u say we have basic facilities,
just think if that money was pumped into the power sector, how many lives it would change,

you don't have to go to church to know your God, a rapper once said!

I AM NOT BLIND BUT STATING THE FACT. YOU MAY SAY IT HAS BEEN SQUANDERED, VANDALISED, BASTARDISED, SABOTAGED.

BUT IT EXISTS

UP UNTIL RECENTLY WE WERE SUPPLYING ELECTRICITY TO NEIGHBOURING COUNTRIES YET WE WERE SUFFERING FROM POWER FAILURE.
WE HAVE AMPLE PETROL YET SUFFER FROM SCARCITY - YOU GET THE DRIFT?

THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA IS NOT MONEY BUT MISMANAGEMENT.

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH LOAN WE INCURRED FROM THE WORLD BANK YET IMPROVEMENTS WERE NON EXISTENT UNTIL SOME SMALL RECENT CHANGES.

IF TODAY RCCG DONATES THE MONEY TO THE GOVERNMENT TO FIX THIS SO CALL BASIC AMENITIES BE SURE IT WILL DISAPPEAR.

I WILL NOT COMMENT ON THE LAST STATEMENT, LIKE YOU SAID "A RAPPER SAID IT"
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by 1boi: 9:47pm On Dec 12, 2007
It doesnt matter whether a rapper or a preacher said it, its the fact!
people are too religious in Niaja, Pastor Adeboye is a man of God but i bet you people in Naija would do anything a man of God says,
no minding whether its reasonable or not, just cos of religion,

About naija's problem, its mismanagement, i agree

What i want to say is is RCCG starts doing things that would affect the social lifes or Nigerians i see nothing bad.

A friend once said, corruption will never end in Naija till we change our attitude, let us work, leave goverment alone

U kno say be theif b4 and we vote dem in, shebi?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 12, 2007
Rubbish!!
Pastor dey chop money, congregation dey suffer.

If one of them go meet pastor now say im no fit pay house rent,
Pastor go gi am verses go read, say go do prayer and fasting for 3 days.

Anyway, I hope whenever dem talk prayer for dem "largest auditorium", Na only dem God must hear. Shey??
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 10:23pm On Dec 12, 2007
@Purist, 
My point in laymans terms is this,  We have no RIGHT[b] (as Christians)[/b]  flexing or criticizing this pastor and his group for choosing to spend their money the way they want. I mean you might scream and holla that your being able to criticize whomever you want is ok by you and that is fine but all you have in doing that is bad belle[b] ( which for Christians is itself unacceptable behaviour)[/b] but when you go out to criticize persons like the others listed you have a point to make in that case since they are thieves and are legally supposed to be held responsible. Like I mentioned again, it was a debate between Christians and since I do not subject you to same the standards as I would those I know who tell me they are( unless you tell me you are one then you become subject to the laws in your Bible), then there is no need for you to bother with it. Simple!!!

If you do not know it, yes, there does exist a code when it comes to claiming to be Christian and if you followed the conversation like I suggested, you would not miss the part where I was refering to CHRISTIANS and not just anyone in my claims.

Please read all and do no skip the portions about God and what God demands of us and what not. I Checked to see if Seun had modified the posts but I see they are as posted last night so feel free to check them out from the beginning please @Purist
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 10:33pm On Dec 12, 2007
1boi:

It doesnt matter whether a rapper or a preacher said it, its the fact!
people are too religious in Niaja, Pastor Adeboye is a man of God but i bet you people in Naija would do anything a man of God says,
no minding whether its reasonable or not, just because of religion,

About naija's problem, its mismanagement, i agree

What i want to say is is RCCG starts doing things that would affect the social lifes or Nigerians i see nothing bad.

A friend once said, corruption will never end in Naija till we change our attitude, let us work, leave goverment alone

You kno say be theif before and we vote them in, shebi?

When is it not considered reasonable for a person to donate to a project such as the one we are discussing?? When you have a problem with the person donating his own hard earned money to whatever cause he or she chooses??
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by odada(m): 12:27am On Dec 13, 2007
HMnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.I have completely lost track of proceedings in this thread/what are we talking about again okay I remember its the amazing new multi billion naira auditorium recently commissioned by the G.O of thr RCCG grin grin grin coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo; cool
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Ojukwursg(m): 1:36am On Dec 13, 2007
There is nothing wrong with building such auditorium, even at that cost.
Those who are complaining about poor Nigerians should remember that labourers were employed and paid to construct the building. The bulk of the money went back to the system that way.

Would we have preferred the money shared to the 'professional beggars' on numerous streets and cities in Nigeria. Or perhaps we prefer the money to be stashed in swiss banks or what?

Come on, people we need such mega structures. Soon, very soon, we just might get one that will be become a tourist attraction for the country.

More please.

My two kobo.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by ifyalways(f): 2:32am On Dec 13, 2007
khai_khai:

Rubbish!!
Pastor dey chop money, congregation dey suffer.

If one of them go meet pastor now say im no fit pay house rent,
Pastor go gi am verses go read, say go do prayer and fasting for 3 days.

Anyway, I hope whenever them talk prayer for them "largest auditorium", Na only them God must hear. Shey??
now i think am begining to see the pix clearly,the beef is THE MAN OF GOD and not the house of GOD? but why are we really complaining?our penny dey dia abi what?there is a mystery behind this edifice.God was able to provide for even the poorest of the poorest nigerian and they were able to contribute such an amount of money even in these seeminly hard times,isnt that AWESOME plsssssssssssssss what we dont understand lets let it lie. undecided
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by 9ja4eva: 3:04am On Dec 13, 2007
The issue of 7.7billion is sad.How on earth wld a church spend dt amount of money when people are suffering.D whole thing seems to me like competition of churches and makes one wonder if really ,

How much did Jesus spend on temples?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by ifyalways(f): 3:29am On Dec 13, 2007
9ja4eva:

The issue of 7.7billion is sad.How on earth would a church spend dt amount of money when people are suffering.D whole thing seems to me like competition of churches and makes one wonder if really ,

How much did Jesus spend on temples?
the more reasons zhy you should stop wondering dear.its simply GOD in action here.
agreed,the days are hard BUT somehow this ppl were able to get that type of money together without the contributors LEGALLY OR EVEN SECRETLY complaining so tongue .its simply AWESOME isnt it? lets let sleeping dog lie peacefully.if God is for them,no one ,not even the hard days wud as much as stop them cool

they grew in size and numbers,they felt they had to increase their tent,they have done that too so
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by 9ja4eva: 4:10am On Dec 13, 2007
Well said

D more reason why men of God are called to win souls not enrich themselves or compete with eachother.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 4:16am On Dec 13, 2007
9ja4eva:

Well said

D more reason why men of God are called to win souls not enrich themselves or compete with eachother.

How do you know that is the case in this situation?? Did you know that the God of the Bible said that people should not bear false witness. How do you, in this case, know that these men of God are out to enrich self?? Are you by any chance a mind reader
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by MP007(m): 4:43am On Dec 13, 2007
the poster of this thread is mentally disturbed. I hate when people critize huge projects that cost a lot all in the name of defending the poor. The facility is the house of God for crying out loud, It aint for Adeboye. besides, RCCg is not the federal gov. , the gov is responsible for all the citizen of Nigeria and not RCCG,

I appaud the project if its meant to accomodate the crowd that come for the holy ghost service. Praise that lord !!!, aint a member of redeem , but I appreciate the way God as used Adeoye over the years,

You cant do anything big in nigeria without people reffering to it as wastage, with the annoying quote "instead of feeding the poor",  Nigeria will never move forward if its people don't support large scale economic growth instead of all thse small projects, word!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 4:48am On Dec 13, 2007
MP007:

[b]the poster of this thread is mentally disturbed. I hate when people critize huge projects that cost a lot all in the name of defending the poor. The facility is the house of God for crying out loud, It aint for Adeboye. besides, RCCg is not the federal gov. , the gov is responsible for all the citizen of Nigeria and not RCCG, [/b]

I appaud the project if its meant to accomodate the crowd that come for the holy ghost service. Praise that lord !!!, aint a member of redeem , but I appreciate the way God as used Adeoye over the years,

You can do anything big in nigeria without people reffering to it as wastage, with the annoying quote "instead of feeding the poor", Nigeria will never move forward if its people don't support large scale economic growth instead of all thse small projects, word!

You can mak e your point without insults.
He said his piece just say yours.
We are not in North Korea
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by MP007(m): 4:52am On Dec 13, 2007
nwando:

You can mak e your point without insults.
He said his piece just say yours.
We are not in North Korea

you can observe and comment without insulting either,
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 5:02am On Dec 13, 2007
MP007:

You can do anything big in nigeria without people reffering to it as wastage, with the annoying quote "instead of feeding the poor", Nigeria will never move forward if its people don't support large scale economic growth instead of all thse small projects, word!

LMAO!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by MP007(m): 5:09am On Dec 13, 2007
Kobojunkie:

[/quo
Kobojunkie link=topic=100043.msg1765086#msg1765086 date=1197518571:

i was just using the RCCG thang to explain naija's problem in general, Rccg is more of spritual  growth and not financial gains( I hope)
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 5:11am On Dec 13, 2007
MP007:

you can observe and comment without insulting either,

and the insult is that you should not call the poster mentally disturbed ?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by MP007(m): 5:19am On Dec 13, 2007
nwando:

and the insult is that you should not call the poster mentally disturbed ?

, i Know we are not in north korea, ok!, am done here
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 5:20am On Dec 13, 2007
didn't know men now have PMS tongue
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by debosky(m): 5:23am On Dec 13, 2007
I don't know what people are complaining about. . .someone posted the other day that Pastors should not invite the unwitting public to large crusades held in the national stadium without providing adequate facilities. Now a church goes and builds a structure to make people comfortable when they attend worship services and their complaining?

I guess thats just human nature, you'll never please everyone.

To those saying 'feed the poor', how many days/weeks will you feed the poor with the money? will the money feed them forever? That point is completely out of place.

RCCG builds orphanages and does many charitable activities which do not go mentioned in the press, though I do not know the figure used for these activities, I'm sure they are doing more than their own quota to serve the less privileged.

This isn't a 'palace' for anyone, a safe comfortable venue for thousands of people to gather regularly must be well built and properly furnished. I'm sure if considered on a cost/seat or cost/attendant basis, this structure will turn out to be cheaper than many other structures out there both in Nigeria and elsewhere.

'when people are suffering' blah blah blah. . .so they should've shared out the money 1,000 to each 'suffering' person right? How many days/weeks before they return to their poor state? Scholarships? What happened to the tons of people leaving school on scholarship with no jobs?

Please look for a better reason to castigate. . .No one asked RCCG how much has been expended in setting up a University and other educational institutions, people just look for sensationalist headlines to try to rub dirt on these people.

None of the 'people are poor/suffering' comment makers even know the capacity of the building or its technical specifications, yet they assume it is a 'palace' and 'people are suffering'.

To those saying 'win souls' are they not setting up parishes all over to be able to do just that? Will the 'won soul' sit under palmfronds to listen to the Good News?

People should stop being silly, make reasonable objections if you want, not the same old meaningless platitudes of people are poor/pastors competing or any other such dumb notions.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by MP007(m): 5:32am On Dec 13, 2007
nwando:

didn't know men now have PMS tongue

this dude IS SUFFERING FROM "ADD", bless your poor heart ,

dont mind them debrosky,
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 5:34am On Dec 13, 2007
MP007:

this dude IS SUFFERING FROM "ADD", bless your poor heart ,

don't mind them debrosky,

Idiot.
you are suffering from MINUS tongue
leave debo it's me and you today
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 5:38am On Dec 13, 2007
mp007,don't mind me,I was just pulling your legs this time.
Goodnite and remain rapturable.
That is our main in this journey.
Bless you
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by debosky(m): 5:38am On Dec 13, 2007
PS nwando is a 'she' wink

I never hear of MINUS before oh! grin grin
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by ifyalways(f): 5:44am On Dec 13, 2007
9ja4eva:

Well said

whats well said here
who is competing with who
explain and expantiate plssssssssssssss.

@ topic ,they have built it,they have built it.GBAM
no one but God can rightly justify,condemn,reward or even pull it down. cool
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by jayvin01: 5:46am On Dec 13, 2007
MP007:

the poster of this thread is mentally disturbed. I hate when people critize huge projects that cost a lot all in the name of defending the poor. The facility is the house of God for crying out loud, It aint for Adeboye. besides, RCCg is not the federal gov. , the gov is responsible for all the citizen of Nigeria and not RCCG,

Word!!! True that! angry angry angry
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 5:49am On Dec 13, 2007
debosky:

PS nwando is a 'she' wink

I never hear of MINUS before oh! grin grin

long time.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by MP007(m): 5:58am On Dec 13, 2007
me 2, just kiddin ,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

'I Am Dangerously Wealthy, I Am Rich' - Bishop Oyedepo Says / Tom Samson, His Hummer Limo, & Bodyguards Storm Cama Awards (pics) / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.