Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M (25042 Views)

Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari / Mustapha Audu & His Wife Were In Court In 2013 Over N18m Scam (Photos) / Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by nizebony: 10:24am On Jul 26, 2012
berem: me sef confuse walahi! But all the same,thumbs up to the taxi driver.at least we still have innocent nigerians.but if na me eh....
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by yyb14: 10:24am On Jul 26, 2012
cyril83: This man may die wretched if care is not taking coz what really happened to him in 2007 was nothing but help from above,that's stupidity not sincerity,rememba God wil neva come down frm heaven to help u,he'll definately send somebody
assuming dt money belongs to u...wat wil b ur reaction then..will u still curse him for returnin it back to you
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by rayo2002: 10:27am On Jul 26, 2012
achi4u: guy stop this your trash.d owner of this cash was a British man who follow kept naija the way it is today.
holy mangrin

My trash... u're such a sorry case. So God can't find any other way of blessing u but to give u an opportunity to find someone's property and not return it.
And how is it this particular British man's fault tht 9ja is the way it is?
How would u like to be generalized as a Nigerian on a trip abroad and treated like a criminal cos a Nigerian had previously duped one of the consular officers or their family members? Did it even cross ur mind that the guy might be an employee somewhere and might have lost his job or gone to jail for losing that money?

Its not a matter of "holiness", if u want to lose things and find them u've also got to return wat u find. What goes around comes around.

1 Like

Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by Okijajuju1(m): 10:28am On Jul 26, 2012
rayo2002:

R u serious? "Last opportunity at riches". I am shocked at what I am reading.
So poverty mentality had entrenched itself in us so deeply. Wow.
Stealing is never right and money made that way never lasts.
No wonder the people who witnessed the Dana crash were more interested in taking pictures and looting, i'm sure they were seizing their "opportunity" too.
When are we going to recognize that until we all learn to do the right thing this nation will not move forward.

May God help us.

I once had a chat with some of my guys where this issue of if you find money what would you do..

My answer was it depends on the amount!! If I find 18million Naira like this guy, I will definitely return it!! Reason being that I make about that already so kini big deal... HOWEVER!! If I find 18million US Dollars right now, THE Lord is trying to send me a message, and I will gladly accept it!!

If this mans gross yearly income is less than 2million Naira, than I am sorry, he MAY have just missed a chance to become filthy rich in this life.. And this is my honest candid opinion!
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by rayo2002: 10:28am On Jul 26, 2012
yyb14:
assuming dt money belongs to u...wat wil b ur reaction then..will u still curse him for returnin them back to you?

Thanks u o, Oya oga answer?
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by jajajaja828: 10:29am On Jul 26, 2012
They should as well give him a lucrative job, not just job, but a lucrative job. Man, God shall continue to protect u and all u do in life.
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by Rapmoney(m): 10:30am On Jul 26, 2012
If to say na me...chai!!!
I for use the money buy cars wey look like those
of dem Lawan Farouk and David Mark grin
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by rayo2002: 10:31am On Jul 26, 2012
Okija_juju:

I once had a chat with some of my guys where this issue of if you find money what would you do..

My answer was it depends on the amount!! If I find 18million Naira like this guy, I will definitely return it!! Reason being that I make about that already so kini big deal... HOWEVER!! If I find 18million US Dollars right now, THE Lord is trying to send me a message, and I will gladly accept it!!

If this mans gross yearly income is less than 2million Naira, than I am sorry, he MAY have just missed a chance to become filthy rich in this life.. And this is my honest candid opinion!

Who says he would have done anything productive with the money? or that he would even have been able to grow it? Filthy rich in his life my foot.
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by Okijajuju1(m): 10:31am On Jul 26, 2012
rayo2002:

My trash... u're such a sorry case. So God can't find any other way of blessing u but to give u an opportunity to find someone's property and not return it.
How would u like to be generalized as a Nigerian on a trip abroad and treated like a criminal cos a Nigerian had previously duped one of the consular officers or their family members? Did it even cross ur mind that the guy might be an employee somewhere and might have lost his job or gone to jail for losing that money?

Its not a matter of "holiness", if u want to lose things and find them u've also got to return wat u find. What goes around comes around.

My friend you sef shut up with this God matter sef!! For the fact that you already consider the finding of someone elses money a blessing makes you a thief as well.. In the real sense its not a blessing but a case of lost and found!! HOWEVER like that guy said, na Oyinbo man money, its most likely insured, he will be refunded...

I pray this man does not regret this move at old age.. I really hope he makes a shitload of money before he dies... If not, na nightmares for life..
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by Okijajuju1(m): 10:31am On Jul 26, 2012
rayo2002:

My friend you sef shut up with this God matter sef!! For the fact that you already consider the finding of someone elses money a blessing makes you a thief as well.. In the real sense its not a blessing but a case of lost and found!! HOWEVER like that guy said, na Oyinbo man money, its most likely insured, he will be refunded...

I pray this man does not regret this move at old age.. I really hope he makes a shitload of money before he dies... If not, na nightmares for life..
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by pendusky(m): 10:33am On Jul 26, 2012
Good People! Great Nation! Without Boko Would be Great!
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by playahP(m): 10:37am On Jul 26, 2012
If I was d one; I'd take the money; re-invest; make d money back and pay d owner with interest for d time taken to retun it
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by rayo2002: 10:38am On Jul 26, 2012
Okija_juju:

Oga, do u know how to read? Please go back and read what I said, I never said finding someone else's money was a "blessing". That was someone else's take which I am against. U know what, to each his own. Just remember we reap what we sow, chikena. If ur conscience does not fault u for taking other people's things then pls carry on.
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by ayoola2002(m): 10:39am On Jul 26, 2012
rayo2002:

Lost but found and kept instead of being returned to the rightful owner = stealing.
The money was in foreign currency which means it would not have been bulky. And it was most likely forgotten in a luggage.
If it were me, i would do the same thing and return it cos I believe in the law of karma and the last thing i need is robbers raiding my house for their own share of whatever i found.
My peace of mind is also very important to me.

When do we have peace of mind in this country? Pls n pls, stop playing saint here, and what is ur standard of living?

1 Like

Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by mspookie: 10:39am On Jul 26, 2012
I will NOT return it, i pray everyday for divine provision grin this is Gods way of blessing me lipsrsealed IF NOT, i know God understands and will forgive me. tongue am only human and imperfect cry

1 Like

Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by Gonzala(f): 10:42am On Jul 26, 2012
I hope the socalled Award will not be some wooden object with his name inscribed on cheesy

Here in the UK this will not be a news.
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by Okijajuju1(m): 10:44am On Jul 26, 2012
rayo2002:

Oga, do u know how to read? Please go back and read what I said, I never said finding someone else's money was a "blessing". That was someone else's take which I am against. U know what, to each his own. Just remember we reap what we sow, chikena. If ur conscience does not fault u for taking other people's things then pls carry on.

Here is your post I quoted;

rayo2002:

By inference, you are saying that the finding of the money is one form of blessing!!

#AndYouWereSaying?
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by Tunjman(m): 10:44am On Jul 26, 2012
Those who see the man's gesture as a pre-requisite for leading a corruption-free nation forget that poverty atimes might force one to do what he/she would ordinarily not do.

The man in question might not even think of getting any reward from God but, feared that if the oyinbo man eventually traced him (which is to a large extent impossible if he plays his card smartly), he might end up in jail.

As much as i'm not in support of what those who are castigating the man are saying, so do i believe that 'poverty can rip one of a lifetime opportunity' even when such opportunities are legitimate.
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by JSparrow(m): 10:45am On Jul 26, 2012
Read through this post and I got deppressed. If u can encourage someone to steal another individual's money wonder what u would do when public funds are entrusted to u . U should all quit complaining of corrupt politicians as well, u all just waiting for ur turn to steal
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by rayo2002: 10:46am On Jul 26, 2012
Okija_juju:

Here is your post I quoted;

By inference, you are saying that the finding of the money is one form of blessing!!

#AndYouWereSaying?

That statement should have ended with a question mark and u could have inferred if u had followed my earlier posts and stance on the matter
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by Okijajuju1(m): 10:46am On Jul 26, 2012
Gonzala: I hope the socalled Award will not be some wooden object with his name inscribed on cheesy

Here in the UK this will not be a news.

The award is a picture or frame to remind him of his fhuck up!!

18million divided by 18,000(Minimum wage) will take him 1000 years to make that money!! angry
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by dipson047: 10:46am On Jul 26, 2012
So we still ve people lyk diz in Nigeria...but if I was d one eeennn d money don enter voice mail 4get ia useless award
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by rayo2002: 10:47am On Jul 26, 2012
J.Sparrow:
Read through this post and I got deppressed. If u can encourage someone to steal another individual's money wonder what u would do when public funds are entrusted to u . U should all quit complaining of corrupt politicians as well, u all just waiting for ur turn to steal

Thank u
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by ayobase(m): 10:49am On Jul 26, 2012
musKeeto: Nigerian Network of Women Exporters of Service shocked shocked shocked
Na ashawo business?

I was wondering also.
Well, the man has nothing to regret...no pricking of heart later.
Conscience matters sha!
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by ayoola2002(m): 10:52am On Jul 26, 2012
Tunjman: Those who see the man's gesture as a pre-requisite for leading a corruption-free nation forget that poverty atimes might force one to do what he/she would ordinarily not do.

The man in question might not even think of getting any reward from God but, feared that if the oyinbo man eventually traced him (which is to a large extent impossible if he plays his card smartly), he might end up in jail.

As much as i'm not in support of what those who are castigating the man are saying, so do i believe that 'poverty can rip one of a lifetime opportunity' even when such opportunities are legitimate.

How many rich man has gone to jail in this country? Cecelia ibru, bankole, faruq lawal are they in jail now?
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by achi4u(m): 10:54am On Jul 26, 2012
Okija_juju:

that ju-man is already regretting his actions and his family may not celebrate him...

*if this oyibo man can misplace 18m,surely he may be a bastard billionaire.
*God blessed this man according to his richesgrin.
*No nairalander will even dreamt of returning this moneygrin
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 26, 2012
This man would die a wretched man just like the policeman that arrested Charles Taylor while fleeing Calabar.

18 cool milla returned? Your children's children would never forgive you.

person!!
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by mkoabiola: 10:54am On Jul 26, 2012
Ds is mumu in d highest order,na award he won chop?award indeed!who recognised d prostitute body?
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by sylve11: 10:55am On Jul 26, 2012
berem: me sef confuse walahi! But all the same,thumbs up to the taxi driver.at least we still have innocent nigerians.but if na me eh....

who nor knw sey u be tif since? grin grin cool
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by supereagle(m): 11:05am On Jul 26, 2012
Many of you who are condemning this man's action of honesty forget that it is the right thing to do. Prof Dora Akuyili had opportunity to pocket £12,000 PTF money , nobody would av discovered it , she followed the path of honesty , she returned the money. When the time OBJ was looking 4 a director of NAFDAC , somebody remember her honesty and nominated her. She later became a minister.
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by Okijajuju1(m): 11:06am On Jul 26, 2012
sylve11:

who nor knw sey u be tif since? grin grin cool

No be thief o!! Na blessing!! grin
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by ABAOmi(m): 11:07am On Jul 26, 2012
gudnex22: assuming you are the one that lost that kind of money and somebody picked it and did not return it how will you feel?

I will not in anyway feel bad rather, I will blame myself for M̶̲̅Ɣ carelessness b'cos I would have done the same if I saw the money. Chikena!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lawmakers Vow to Fight President’s Impeachment Bid / Crisis Brews As Dogara Moves To Strip Lasun Of Powers: Nation / Bayelsa Indigenes Clash With Igbo Traders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.