Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,689 members, 7,831,133 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M (25043 Views)

Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari / Mustapha Audu & His Wife Were In Court In 2013 Over N18m Scam (Photos) / Taxi Driver Who Returned N18M Is Not On Honours List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by arapoa(m): 12:48pm On Jul 26, 2012
ayoola2002:

With N18M, U don't need any ministeria apointment anymore, with time, u will be counting billions if manage properly.
18m is still a coins
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by sucrecruz: 1:10pm On Jul 26, 2012
The man is actually a good man, its just that his act cuts across foolery and honesty, even in Canada where I reside currently the white man will not make that mistake of retuning that cash never well the man's reward is in heaven but the question I keep asking why did it take so so long for him to be recognize not even from the government an NGO and also what is his reward. Anyway the government will not appreciate him because they are used to stealing millions and seeing someone who cannot gets them very upset (BASTARDS!). In my own opinion I think the man returned that money out of fear he has never seen such in his life before so he got scared of the cash he could not sleep nor eat so he returned it.
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by deeplow: 1:12pm On Jul 26, 2012
Nigerians n there yeye forming.person wey neva hold 1million before dey say hin go return 18 million.if u see 18 million ehn(for us wey neva see am o) walahi,fear go catch u,satan go enter u.ur mind go change sharpaly.una think say to be righteous na beans.the most logical response after accepting dat one will not return d money is to say,one has to be in that situation first to know what to do...
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by bocin500(m): 1:26pm On Jul 26, 2012
....the rot has really eaten deep..i fear for our unborn children..
whatever u like to say, in whatever manner u like to, the corruption tendency currently ravashing not just Nigeria, but the entire world, does not make returning what wasn't his, wrong.
like someone rightly said, one might not know what he/ she would have done in similar situation until you are indeed faced with it.
This should have been a very good platform for the Government to redirect the masses back to the right part by hosting him and rewarding him handsomely in a way that he would benefit substantially. But like someone opined earlier, the rot in governance is so enormous that a "paltry" 18mil lost and returned to the rightful owner need not be commended.
God help us!
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by nagoma(m): 1:26pm On Jul 26, 2012
We are proud of you.It shows that We are not totally conquered by PDP.
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by VULCAN(m): 1:29pm On Jul 26, 2012
@deeplow. You have made a very good point. No one knows what they would do in that situation. IF the day before finding that money your fiancee came to tell you in tears that her parents said you are too poor for her and she should break It off, then it would take a power direct from the throne of God Himself for you not to take that money and go show her parents that levels have changed. grin

Nevertheless it doesn't change the fact that what is bad is bad.
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by Wisdytech(m): 1:35pm On Jul 26, 2012
Wish 2 see u sumdy in HEAVEN! God bless dis man...
DJ WISDYTECH
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 26, 2012
rayo2002:

Relax, I can't believe some of the comments i'm reading here. I'm not talking about being perfect, its just that opinions saying that the man did the wrong thing by returning the money is really annoying. HE DID THE RIGHT THING and he shouldn't be castigated for that. And to think that its the same youth, who are the future of this country that are consistently against the current crop of politicians's excesses and clamour for change, making this comments makes me wonder where this country is headed. We do not need to be perfect, we just need to do the right thing and praise those who have the guts to do it instead of saying they're foolish or crazy.

Ok, bt i think d man returnd it nt necessarily because he was dat gud, bt because he was scared of wat myt hapn if he didnt. Imagine if he had a pressn need @ dat tym, nd had bin prayn 4 break2ru?? Dats y i tink u shldnt blame any1 tinkin odawise, we're all humans. Peace
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by embason(m): 1:46pm On Jul 26, 2012
He should be given more than an ordinary award because his type is very rare in contemprary Nigeria. With the present economic down turn, others would have bolted with the money. Let's use him and show to the world that honesty and sincerity pay.
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by ooua: 1:51pm On Jul 26, 2012
This is the funniest post I have ever read. The truth like some others pointed out is, never say I cannot do this until you are in that situation. Again no matter the situation wrong can never become right. The fact is most of us will not return if we are sure we will not be caught. We are always comfortable to do our wrongs in secret. Also our God is ever merciful and will forgive all sins. The guy did a good thing but for me I do not know what I would have done sincerely.
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by santakris(m): 1:52pm On Jul 26, 2012
So we still have the trustworthy ones amongst us.
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 26, 2012
Tunjman: Those who see the man's gesture as a pre-requisite for leading a corruption-free nation forget that poverty atimes might force one to do what he/she would ordinarily not do.

The man in question might not even think of getting any reward from God but, feared that if the oyinbo man eventually traced him (which is to a large extent impossible if he plays his card smartly), he might end up in jail.

As much as i'm not in support of what those who are castigating the man are saying, so do i believe that 'poverty can rip one of a lifetime opportunity' even when such opportunities are legitimate.

Tank u jare. Dey kip sayin dese r d kind of pple we nid as our president. Mayb dy tink d no. 1 seat is jst 4 'anyhow pple'. I can bet wit any1 dat d man'll embezzle billions if he becums president, cos he'l av it in mind dat no 1 wil suspect him cos he has once returnd a particular 18milla wen poverty wan finish am.
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 26, 2012
VULCAN: This thread has said it all. It explains why Nigerians are not trusted anywhere in the world. Why the searches are more vigorous when u show that green passport at any airport. Why the questioning is more detailed. I am not above temptation neither can I say I have never done wrong but to hear people cursing this man for returning this money gives me shivers. No wonder ritual killing for wealth and political power occurs daily in Nigeria. One of the thing I know about evil is that it starts very small and then grows. Those men who sacrifice new born babies didn't begin that way. And if u had told them 10-15 yrs before they did it for the first time they would one day dismember a fellow human being for money they would abuse you. Nigeria will eventually implode as the followers are just as Godless as the leaders.

Mind blowin. 9ja i hail o, una no dey fail o.
U make it sound as if 9ja is d worst country jst because of dis. See, if u knw how most europeans nd americans(whom u adore) make dia dough, u'll b proud 2 b a Nigerian. Tink am oh
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by Stallion77(f): 2:25pm On Jul 26, 2012
Do we have other taxi drivers reading this?
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by Druhill(m): 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2012
My question is,did the said man know if the bag contain 18m befor returning it?
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by Druhill(m): 2:44pm On Jul 26, 2012
The man is destine to be poor in his generation that is why he can't see it as his opportunity to change his poverty.I will disfather him if am his son.
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 26, 2012
D funny tin abt dis topic is dat; most of d pple who r condemning odas who r airing dia view by being honest, would av done away wit d moni, dy jst wnt 2 sound righteous. D govt themselves r nt @ all encouraging....jst an award?? Why nt an award, a car, a house & sumtin lyk N5milla so as 2 encourage odas who hear it? Its only God dat'll help us in dis country o.
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by Gwekzy: 2:50pm On Jul 26, 2012
Ona DeY Fall My HanD,,,So Ona Believe Dis Tolotolo & Ogoro StorY? Its all BeinG Fabricated...
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by Mandelaguy(m): 3:08pm On Jul 26, 2012
This man deserves more,it will encourage others to be sincere and straight.
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by oubi: 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2012
I comment my reserve cos peharps, I don't ђa√ع d full gist... Bt I pray neva to be faced with dat kinda temptation. lipsrsealed
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by Okijajuju1(m): 3:23pm On Jul 26, 2012
oubi: I comment my reserve cos peharps, I don't ђa√ع d full gist... Bt I pray neva to be faced with dat kinda temptation. lipsrsealed

Wrong Prayers

Pray not to jonse like this guy when faced with a similar situation
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by Mortiano(m): 3:39pm On Jul 26, 2012
Francuiz: I remove head dressing 4 dis man. Its nt easy
corper
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by Dranatomy: 4:37pm On Jul 26, 2012
I love the man
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by eragoggle(m): 5:04pm On Jul 26, 2012
I wouldn't return it.....its called finders keepers. Its not a crime at all! grin
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by lumideezle(m): 6:26pm On Jul 26, 2012
Na poverty go kill am... Happy poor man smh

1 Like

Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by abugbe(m): 6:45pm On Jul 26, 2012
Sir GOD Bless u 4 dis action, @ least the whole world can testify dat Nigeria is still a gud Country wit gud citizens. Senators, Governors and Politians hope u can copy the foot steps of dis poor man? Make una c real nigerian no thief like una
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by cedric2001(m): 7:01pm On Jul 26, 2012
na poverty go kill ,the taxi driver,he didnt recognise d fact dat God has blessed him tru d Britsh woman,mumu
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by LeJeun3: 7:02pm On Jul 26, 2012
binger: It took 5 yrs to show appreciation to a man that would have been stinkinly rich via their 18m? Nt encouragin at all.btw,dat man has attractd a generational blessing.GOD is d ultimate rewarder.i pray i'l do same in such situations

Amen O! But 5 years was too long o.
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by LeJeun3: 7:05pm On Jul 26, 2012
And this won't get as much publicity as Farcrook and Co. get. *smh*
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by arapoa(m): 7:39pm On Jul 26, 2012
Stallion77: Do we have other taxi drivers reading this?
taxi drivers dont visit nl
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 26, 2012
[quote authorsupereagle] His conscience will not be free If he ad not returned the money. [
/quote]

wic conscienc? D man lost a golden opporunity 2blow.
Re: Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 26, 2012
[quote authorsupereagle] His conscience will not be free If he ad not returned the money. [
/quote]

wic conscienc? D man lost a golden opporunity 2blow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Iliyasu Gadu: FFK, The Drug Addled Thug In Designer Wears / Adams Oshiomole: I Will Come After "Obi-dients" If They Come After Me (Video) / Buhari, Tinubu Drop Presidential Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.