Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,864 members, 7,956,267 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:53 AM

Why Is Supporting GEJ Seen As An Offence? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Supporting GEJ Seen As An Offence? (13857 Views)

Buhari Is Supporting Boko Haram, He Should Be Probed – Fani-kayode / When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. / The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Supporting GEJ Seen As An Offence? by Kobojunkie: 3:31pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ohibenemma:
The problem with many Nigerians is their obvious inability to separate good from bad. GEJ has gone wrong in many aspects, as would be expected of any human, but his achievements are equally many. He's far from perfect, as I'm sure the average human is, but he is far from the villain we tend to paint him as. We should try to separate the bathwater from the baby. Jor oh!

Could you please remove the word perfect from the above? You mention he is human,and that implies perfectly is not an option. You however ruined your comment by trying to suggest he is not perfect. I don't know any HUMAN who can fathom what perfection would imply and I definitely don't know any human out there who expects perfection from even politicians but I do know that humans expect BETTER from those they elect, not worse or about the same as those they elected in the PAST.
Re: Why Is Supporting GEJ Seen As An Offence? by dayokanu(m): 3:44pm On Jul 28, 2012
D-Explorer:

Use your head dude, stop spouting tosh on this forum. You should be matured enough to know the defination of 'retardeed' and how not to use it. Must you show us the after-life of a school drop-out.

Mor0n,

Whats the definition of Retardeed and how does that exclude Retardeen Jonathan
Re: Why Is Supporting GEJ Seen As An Offence? by sheyguy: 4:02pm On Jul 28, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I have a question . . . since everyone in here are supposed to be adults. Why are you, or anyone, trying to tell em how they can criticize CORRECTLY? I believe in freedom of expression. If all you know is to cricitize out of hate, go for it, and accept the consequences. If you believe in arse-licking, go for it but don't complain when someone tags you an imbe-cile for that.

I don't sit on any side or with any politician, yet I get attacked by people on both sides of this fight - -- the anti and the pro Goodluck Jonathans. When I applaud Government, on either side, no one sees that, however, when I criticize bad work, I get lambasted for that and labeled a hater for it. You don't see me creating threads to whine about it neither do you see me telling people how THEY CAN ONLY criticize constructively ACCORDING TO MY RULES. No, I simply ignore the dingbats and focus on making my point or my opinion known.

LIVE AND LET LIVE!! That is what I say. I think it is meaningless to tell people how they can criticize or not criticize their own government. They elected them and so they have every right to criticize as they choose. No need wasting bandwidth and space trying to ignore their rights so you can have your way.
I am not trying to tell anyone how they are suppose to criticize or should criticize here. I only talked about those defending Gej and his govt blindly as well folks attacking anyone who tries to criticize him 'constructively'.
Any follower of politics section of Nairaland will quickly observe there are lots of people who defend GEJ blindly and attack those they percieve as 'threat' to GEJ's political ambition or even those who try to criticize him 'constructively'. I am not trying to say there is not even a single GEJ hater. . . . but there are so many people who criticize him constructively. I personally believe there is nothing wrong in giving GEJ a boost by supporting him. . . but azz licking GEJ and his Govt at all cost isn't right.
Re: Why Is Supporting GEJ Seen As An Offence? by tantan: 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2012
because GEJ is so immature, not exposed and does not accept criticism wen he mis-steps. LET HIM LEARN FROM HIS MASTERS. LYK BUHARI
Re: Why Is Supporting GEJ Seen As An Offence? by Gudsyd(f): 5:00pm On Jul 28, 2012
Beaf!:
@OP
We know that you are one of the 40 Laptops tongue
How market?

BTW, how can you support failure?
mr sucess,if u were in his shoes,or u'r d oportunity 2 handle powa,wat can ur low mentality ve 2 offer 2 d masses? Olodo
Re: Why Is Supporting GEJ Seen As An Offence? by DExplorer1: 6:24pm On Jul 28, 2012
dayokanu:

Mor0n,

Whats the definition of Retardeed and how does that exclude Retardeen Jonathan
People like you are blind to the truth, even at the face of fact you still argue. Anyways be ready to have this 'retardeen' for another 4yrs. What will you do before then? If you ask me, i'd give you a friendly advice to jump into the sea.

Why He Hasn't Proposed

After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship
Re: Why Is Supporting GEJ Seen As An Offence? by dayokanu(m): 7:15pm On Jul 28, 2012
D-Explorer:

People like you are blind to the truth, even at the face of fact you still argue. Anyways be ready to have this 'retardeen' for another 4yrs. What will you do before then? If you ask me, i'd give you a friendly advice to jump into the sea.

hey mor0n and what truth have you told us now? That Jonathan is not retardeed? Can you say that with a straight face?

Well we lived Abacha for about 5yrs, we lived with IBB for 8yrs, we surely can live with the most retardeed president in the history of the country
Re: Why Is Supporting GEJ Seen As An Offence? by Sammiejo: 7:23pm On Jul 28, 2012
Sammiejo: In my observation as a citizen of this country,98% of the time Nigerians do not apprieciate their leaders until they are either dead or out of office.
So just wait till GEJ's tenure/s are over, you will hear how good he was.

Suddenly, Abacha is among the best, IBB was better, OBJ is a saint/strategist , Yar adua was the best thing to have happened. Ibori is better than Uduaghan,
Donald Duke is better than the current governor. Buhari is the messiah. Jakande has been the best governor so far in Lagos. Even Marwari was better than than Tinubu.
The list goes on and on.

My take on the matter is that we deserve the leaders we have, for they are not strangers , they are from among us., until we as a people change, our leaders will not change.
Re: Why Is Supporting GEJ Seen As An Offence? by Bukkyade: 8:39pm On Jul 28, 2012
idirect: Offence my foot undecided
We are just trying to pull you out from the sinking ship which retardeen is the captain
so who do you think is better than GEJ, mention his or her name and I will give you 1,100 reason why they should not be supported.
Re: Why Is Supporting GEJ Seen As An Offence? by DExplorer1: 10:21pm On Jul 28, 2012
Re: Why Is Supporting GEJ Seen As An Offence? by Kobojunkie: 11:26pm On Jul 28, 2012
sheyguy:
I am not trying to tell anyone how they are suppose to criticize or should criticize here. I only talked about those defending Gej and his govt blindly as well folks attacking anyone who tries to criticize him 'constructively'.
Any follower of politics section of Nairaland will quickly observe there are lots of people who defend GEJ blindly and attack those they percieve as 'threat' to GEJ's political ambition or even those who try to criticize him 'constructively'. I am not trying to say there is not even a single GEJ hater. . . . but there are so many people who criticize him constructively. I personally believe there is nothing wrong in giving GEJ a boost by supporting him. . . but azz licking GEJ and his Govt at all cost isn't right.

At the end of the day, these are adults with their brains supposedly full developed, and capable of deciding what they want for their lives. As some have suggested, this may be their livelihood and so they feel there is every reason for them to continue to make excuses and lie on behalf of these politicians.
Re: Why Is Supporting GEJ Seen As An Offence? by nsiadi: 1:44am On Jul 29, 2012
Sisi_Kill: I'm sure no one thinks it is an offense to support GEJ, no sir!

What is offensive how you people are not truthful enough to admit when he has CLEARLY mis-stepped

What is offensive is how you shout down people who criticize him for his OBVIOUS mis-steps.

What is Offensive is the fact you guys CLEARLY care little about how well he does his job, what matters is the fact that he is your tribesman.

I could go on and on but I am sure you get the gist.

Support all him all you want, no one gives a rat's potaootie but don't take the rest of for fools by trying to circumvent reality in his favor.

Sorry.
You sound sore
Seems you are one of those affected by measures GEJ is putting in place
Nigeria is greater than your antics
Better luck nxt time. Hope you will appreciate the need to keep away from trouble
Re: Why Is Supporting GEJ Seen As An Offence? by seanbenito: 1:46am On Jul 29, 2012
GEJ fanatics (mostly tribalistic and etnically biased people), i bow for you o. What is wrong with constructive criticism. If someone aint performing as expected and just keeps making one blunder after the other should he be appreciated? I'm startingto think folks from the s/s are the most tribalistic and sentimental people in the land.
Re: Why Is Supporting GEJ Seen As An Offence? by Kobojunkie: 5:06am On Jul 29, 2012
nsiadi:

Sorry.
You sound sore
Seems you are one of those affected by measures GEJ is putting in place
Nigeria is greater than your antics
Better luck nxt time. Hope you will appreciate the need to keep away from trouble

Are you sure you are alright? undecided undecided
Re: Why Is Supporting GEJ Seen As An Offence? by uncleb(m): 2:56am On Jul 30, 2012
werepeLeri: You support someone, I support someone, but why do you see my support for GEJ as an offence? Why does it bother you? Why do you cry and sob and call people who support GEJ names? It beats me how a sane person will see people's support for GEJ as an offence. Why? Sometimes I just laugh it off as a product of a deranged soul. Why do you think like a lizard like that?

It baffles me how we are blindfolded to facts and reality cos of our personal gain and interest.

Its absurb for someone to come to this forum and be singing praises of this or that person with all that we have on ground in our country.

Its not about someone being liked or being disliked. Bt we need to be factual. Everyday, I pray for Nigeria leaders that God should help them to get things right. But when I see something they did abysmally wrong, I will condemn it and if they ever did anything right, I will acknowledge them.

The problem with you and your colleagues is that when you see black, you want to cajole us to believe its white and we are not that gullible

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Picture Of A BRT Bus Being Pushed / PDP Affirms Garba Umar As Taraba Acting-Governor… / FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.