Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,377 members, 7,812,097 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Why Is UK So Expensive??? - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Is UK So Expensive??? (29230 Views)

10 Things UK Illegal Immigrants Cannot Do - Is UK That Worth It Anymore? / Why Are Tickets So Expensive In And Outside Of Nigeria This December? / Why Is UK Visa So Expensive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by LadyDee1(f): 6:33pm On Jul 30, 2012
r231:

For the last time it's not a live goat undecided

Where do you see live goat in EastHam

You buy a whole goat hanging there on the wall and split it into 3

Simple

This i know people do... To each there own... I didn't know people split it like that tho... undecided undecided
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by SisiKill1: 6:34pm On Jul 30, 2012
coogar:

i knew it - you have to be an ijebu woman to come up with these ground breaking ideas. i am sure you also form an association to share a crate of eggs too. after all, it cheaper when 5 people share 30 eggs!
Hahahahaha!!

What you expect me to buy them eggs that are 2 for 3? And run the risk of great great great grandmama rising outta her grave just to smack me upside the head? No way!! grin
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by coogar: 6:37pm On Jul 30, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Hahahahaha!!

What you expect me to buy them eggs that are 2 for? And run the risk of great great great grandmama rising outta her grave just to smack me upside the head? No way!! grin

lmao
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 30, 2012
I I'll be in aberdeen in a couple of weeks for masters. I'm connecting through dubai to London, then to aberdeen. If I want to shop cheaply, where should I do it. I'm talking of buying everything, like clothes, footwear,electronics,toileteries,soaps,books ipods,bags,wristwatches,perfumes,wallets and the list goes on. Where can it be cheaply done, Dubai,London or Aberdeen?

Also in aberdeen, can I get a shared flat for like £300p/m. A well furnished flat including all bills for that price. I don't mind sharing the kitchen and toilet.

What about Nigerian foodstuffs, where do one get that in Aberdeen and offcourse at very cheap prices?
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by mecussey(m): 7:38pm On Jul 30, 2012
its expensive because victoria island is expensive
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by denzel2009: 8:16pm On Jul 30, 2012
Donxavier: I I'll be in aberdeen in a couple of weeks for masters. I'm connecting through dubai to London, then to aberdeen. If I want to shop cheaply, where should I do it. I'm talking of buying everything, like clothes, footwear,electronics,toileteries,soaps,books ipods,bags,wristwatches,perfumes,wallets and the list goes on. Where can it be cheaply done, Dubai,London or Aberdeen?

Also in aberdeen, can I get a shared flat for like £300p/m. A well furnished flat including all bills for that price. I don't mind sharing the kitchen and toilet.

What about Nigerian foodstuffs, where do one get that in Aberdeen and offcourse at very cheap prices?

You can get everything in a shop called Aberdeen angus...
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by debosky(m): 9:41pm On Jul 30, 2012
Derailers - from UK is expensive to sharing live goats, goat meat investors and sharing eggs. grin
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by Skywalker5(m): 9:52pm On Jul 30, 2012
debosky: Derailers - from UK is expensive to sharing live goats, goat meat investors and sharing eggs. grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by horny4u(f): 10:05pm On Jul 30, 2012
Lady Dee:

I live here! That person is tallking out there arse!!
We have something called animal rights and welfare, They would be ALL over this...
To tell you how far they go, a man tried to 'sexually attack' a goat and got arrested....
If you want goat meat you go to a Afro caribbean shop and get it, in a civilised manner

So its ilegal to rappee a goat?....hehehehe.... grin grin grin

Thats loving goat going a bit to far....NL crowd will not wound me
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by justwise(m): 10:30pm On Jul 30, 2012
horny4u:

So its ilegal to rappee a goat?....hehehehe.... grin grin grin

Thats loving goat going a bit to far....NL crowd will not wound me

That can only come from you grin grin grin
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by EfemenaXY: 8:12am On Jul 31, 2012
Pls good people, I'd like to know more about this goat meat investment / investors, and the association of food sharing exclusively for Nigerians in the UK.

Where do I get the application forms from? And how much do membership fees & subscriptions cost?? cheesy tongue
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by justwise(m): 9:18am On Jul 31, 2012
Efemena_xy: Pls good people, I'd like to know more about this goat meat investment / investors, and the association of food sharing exclusively for Nigerians in the UK.

Where do I get the application forms from? And how much do membership fees & subscriptions cost?? cheesy tongue

Contact horny4u and Sisi_Kill for application form, as for subscription cost. . .its not cash thing, you give one leg of a goat as payment. grin grin
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by EfemenaXY: 9:30am On Jul 31, 2012
Na wa o! grin grin grin
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by kunletade(m): 11:33am On Jul 31, 2012
So after all the hype you guys can still complain... london ko london ni... tongue
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by horny4u(f): 2:17pm On Jul 31, 2012
justwise:

Contact horny4u and Sisi_Kill for application form, as for subscription cost. . .its not cash thing, you give one leg of a goat as payment. grin grin

Efe rumour says avilauk.com or africarr ( both are online sites I use alot)
Hahahaha....me goat meat ke toooo posh for that grin ..lol....this thread converted me to shicken periperi.....
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by dustydee: 5:14pm On Aug 02, 2012
Hi, will be relocating near London and need a flat (1 or 2 bedrooms) unshared. any ideas where I can get a good one without robbing the bank? grin
My work location will be Surrey.
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by SisiKill1: 5:43pm On Aug 02, 2012
justwise:

Rotflmao!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by debosky(m): 6:46pm On Aug 02, 2012
dustydee: Hi, will be relocating near London and need a flat (1 or 2 bedrooms) unshared. any ideas where I can get a good one without robbing the bank? grin
My work location will be Surrey.

That's like saying my work location will be Ogun state. grin You need to be more specific in order to get more useful information.
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by dustydee: 9:54pm On Aug 02, 2012
^^^woking
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by lagcity(m): 1:43am On Aug 03, 2012
cheesy cheesy grin naija ppl have got to be d funniest ppl on the planet. neva a dull moment. i hail my kontri ppl ooo!grin
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by Olaone1: 1:17pm On Aug 03, 2012
dustydee: ^^^woking

I have lived in that area before. Woking and surrounding areas - Guildford, Weybridge, Egham, Byfleet etc are very expensive.

You'd love MacLaren's base in Woking, though smiley
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by dustydee: 4:59pm On Aug 03, 2012
^^ any ideas about places around I could live that are relatively cheaper?
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by debosky(m): 5:16pm On Aug 03, 2012
^^ How much is cheap - what's your budget? Do you plan to walk/cycle/use the train/drive to work?

You can do a simple search on a site like rightmove and get useful results.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/find.html?locationIdentifier=REGION%5E1474&minPrice=500&maxPrice=1000&minBedrooms=1&maxBedrooms=2&displayPropertyType=flats&radius=5.0
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by dustydee: 6:53pm On Aug 03, 2012
^^Thanks.
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by Olaone1: 8:40pm On Aug 03, 2012
dustydee: ^^ any ideas about places around I could live that are relatively cheaper?

Woking and Guildford are your best options in that area. Go for Guildford if you like nightlife and dem Oyinbo chicks.

Other areas dey very expensive and full of Oyinbo millionaires and Chelsea footballers, e.g. Weybridge, Chertsey, Goldaming, Cobham. Mikel, Essien and most Chelsea ballers live there. But, who knows, may be na you wan head Goldman Sachs' new office in that area. You fit also be new Engineer for BAE systems. smiley

Clapham Junction is not that far from there, though. Cheaper too
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by dustydee: 8:53pm On Aug 03, 2012
^ thanks. Am married.
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by Olaone1: 8:57pm On Aug 03, 2012
dustydee: ^ thanks. Am married.

Eeeyah . . . sorry oo grin
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by Theblessed(f): 5:01pm On Aug 06, 2012
madridsta007: The name London, is like a brand... Albeit, a dwindling one, I must admit. People come here not because that they can not get what they want in their home countries or other countries of the world, but just because of the hype, 'I have been to London'. And the government then milks people through taxes, they simply tax anything taxable and non-taxable. From the airports, to schools, to councils, to train and bus tickets, to goods and services. Like someone earlier said, it is a multiplier effect as the landlords, the small Indian-own shops, the phone providers etc, make sure the consumer bear a brunt of the taxes. Very soon, we shall soon, I foresee in the future that the air we breath, we would soon be taxed of it.

It is a brand that the government uses effectively. Trust me, the city London is so over-hyped. Travel across countries and you will slowly have a apartheid-like detest for London. However, people are slowly moving away from the attraction and hype that is 'London' hence, the fall down the rankings as in the most-expensive cities list.

[b][size=16pt]Don't think so, bro!!

You got to know the Country behind the City you're talking about

And, for it to fall down in ranking as you dream - you'd first of all, smash the 'HISTORY' of this country then, your dream will come true until then, keep dreaming...!

Remember, London has been going on as a city since the 10th Century - so, she is not a young girl, ok!

Generations move in and out of London. Before this generation, there was one before and they all have moved out, both in the country and other parts of the world.

You see, this is the way it works - before you hit London, put on your thinking cap and devise a strategy to quickly make your money and get out of the 'rat race' else, you'd sink in - why?

Because, if you don't take your time, 'Every penny you make in London, you spend in London and you won't have 2 pence left, to rub together, let alone take the money home, to Niga'.

It is obodo oku na eri ego - Magic city, American wonder!!!

So use your brain, work hard and make your money quick and leave the city that's the key!!

London can make some people millionaires quick and others very, very poor indeed!
[/size][/b]
Re: Why Is UK So Expensive??? by staffingx: 11:00pm On Aug 09, 2012
Billyonaire: Guy, take am easy, this was supposed to be fun interaction, but I know you guyz in UK dont find life funny anymore.

...And what makes you think a red P as you said is a guarantee of a bright future? My friend, in life, the color of your passport is not the determinant of your altitude in life. It takes the grace of God and sheer determination, drive and being proactive. Get it and drum it into your kids ears, bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? / Accident At Aba Claims Lives As A Container Fell On A Bus / Video Of The New Ebute Metta Train Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.