Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,686 members, 7,844,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Interracial Children: Which Culture? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Interracial Children: Which Culture? (8981 Views)

Which Culture In Nigeria Have Respect The Most? / Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? / Which Culture Is The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 30, 2012
lol his white Grand Parents. grin grin grin
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by MrsChima(f): 8:43pm On Jul 30, 2012
Royal..

Was Condoleeza Rice raised by White grandparents?
Was Colin Powell raised by White grandparents?
Was Michelle Obama raised by White grandparents?

Just want to know because it seems simpletons think that "successful" Black Americans were raised and influenced by White grandparents.
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 30, 2012
I believe Martin Luther King was Raised By His White Grand Parents as well....as Well as Michael Jordan, And Malcom X

I also believe George washington carver gave credit to his work on behalf of his white grand parents as well

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by anonymous6(f): 8:46pm On Jul 30, 2012
kengis:

Obama can identity himself with martians if he wants
Does it make him a martian ,I don't think so !
Being married to a black american does not make him a black american
You said he was cukturally"AA" and we said hell no !

Look no matter what and how we feel Barack Obama is culturally African American/white American; despite him not being a traditional african american since his father is kenyan and his mother is white american; plus his international experience outside America when young
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 30, 2012
I can't even recall a successful Black American Male who was not somehow influenced by their White Grand Parents.....

Studies do indeed show that, black males who are Raised by White Grand Parents are less likely to end up in jail or become a thug.

God Bless those great white grand parents for molding such beautiful proud successful black men.
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by kengis: 8:51pm On Jul 30, 2012
anonymous6:

Look no matter what and how we feel Barack Obama is culturally African American/white American; despite him not being a traditional african american since his father is kenyan and his mother is white americans

Obama succeed where those black american such as jesse jackson failed
There is one reason :obama is not your typical black american and will never be !
Obama was elected not "nominated"by whites , latinos and jews because he got this immigrant mindset that africans do share
Just like America was a magical place for his father in the 60 's ,for black americans ,it was though !whhy ?
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by anonymous6(f): 8:56pm On Jul 30, 2012
kengis:

There is one reason :obama is not your typical black american and will never be !
Obama was elected not "nominated"by whites , latinos and jews because he got this immigrant mindset that africans do share
Just like America was a magical place for his father in the 60 's ,for black americans ,it was though !whhy ?

First of all I never said Obama is the "traditional African American", however I am starting to see where you are thinking but when it comes to Obama he is a unique case because he is a rarity because he has also had other influences as well(international) so it would make sense why Jesse Jackson failed while Obama won because Obama had a new age view and had more knowledge of politics outside America as a African American compared to traditional African Americans, he was basically a breath of fresh air.
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by kengis: 9:06pm On Jul 30, 2012
anonymous6:

First of all I never said Obama is the "traditional African American", however I am starting to see where you are thinking but when it comes to Obama he is a unique case because he is a rarity because he has also had other influences as well(international) so it would make sense why Jesse Jackson failed while Obama won because Obama had a new age view and had more knowledge of politics outside America as a African American compared to traditional African Americans, he was basically a breath of fresh air.
The truth is white people feel very comfortable around Obama ,he's not a threat :never been to jail LOL, a descendant of immigrants just like white ,not violent
well educated and hard working like most african immigrants
Obama was filmed with his family in kenya and his story fit with white americans history since they came here as pioneers
Obama senior did the same and believed in the american dream
Obama was the ideal candidate : black but not too much with a white mother
black yeah but not from the slaves stock
Obama is a cousin of Dick cheney : he got strong ties with white america and his maternal family owned slaves ,he's not a victim like jesse

1 Like

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by anonymous6(f): 9:19pm On Jul 30, 2012
kengis:
The truth is white people feel very comfortable around Obama ,he's not a threat :never been to jail LOL, a descendant of immigrants just like white ,not violent
well educated and hard working like most african immigrants
Obama was filmed with his family in kenya and his story fit with white americans history since they came here as pioneers
Obama senior did the same and believed in the american dream
Obama was the ideal candidate : black but not too much with a white mother
black yeah but not from the slaves stock
Obama is a cousin of Dick cheney : he got strong ties with white america and his maternal family owned slaves ,he's not a victim like jesse

Well you bring up some good points but many whites also were apprehensive and pure racist to obama calling him a arab, muslim, monkey you name it. Obama was just lucky for the fact that many Americans were sick of the war hungry Bush and din't want another bush(McCain) to be in the white house and the economy back in 08 was a mess and still is but recovering slowly. If it wasn't he wouldn't have been elected. Also for the fact that his mother was white helped because many white people for two staright years after he was elected and a little bit before didn't like the fact that he called himself black american(instead of mixed) and gave homeage to his father and Kenya. Many nutt cases(the birthers), particularily white americans up till this day still believe he wasn't born in America(hawaii).

Obama got heat from both white and black americans
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by kengis: 9:40pm On Jul 30, 2012
anonymous6:

Well you bring up some good points but many whites also were apprehensive and pure racist to obama calling him a arab, muslim, monkey you name it. Obama was just lucky for the fact that many Americans were sick of the war hungry Bush and din't want another bush(McCain) to be in the white house and the economy back in 08 was a mess and still is but recovering slowly. If it wasn't he wouldn't have been elected. Also for the fact that his mother was white helped because many white people for two staright years after he was elected and a little bit before didn't like the fact that he called himself black american(instead of mixed) and gave homeage to his father and Kenya. Many nutt cases(the birthers), particularily white americans up till this day still believe he wasn't born in America(hawaii).

Obama got heat from both white and black americans

The fact that some racist guys call him names means nothing :racism still exist but the majority of white people trust obama enough
Obama got elected because people (white ,latinos,jews) needed change and because of his image ,it has nothing to do with being lucky
If it was jesse or another black american he would not be elected
This years ,that black american from the republican party did not make it even as a potential candidate
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by anonymous6(f): 10:05pm On Jul 30, 2012
kengis:

The fact that some racist guys call him names means nothing :racism still exist but the majority of white people trust obama enough
Obama got elected because people (white ,latinos,jews) needed change and because of his image ,it has nothing to do with being lucky
If it was jesse or another black american he would not be elected
This years ,that black american from the republican party did not make it even as a potential candidate

It wasn't just some racist guys many white americans fromsouthern America didn't like him at one point; check out thee crazy tea part movement on youtube and etc and you will know what I mean

True but many of the non-blacks who voted for obama were of the young generation, a demographic that usually doesn't go out to vote or pay attention to politics. I feel luck, the bad economy helped Obama get elected not just his image. Months before Obama was elected McCain lead obama in the polls, it was when the stock market crashed. A month or two before the election that obama's poll numbers change to favor him, I remember 2008 very well and it was many factors that helped Obama, I feel now looking at it, it was his destiny
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by kengis: 10:39pm On Jul 30, 2012
anonymous6:

It wasn't just some racist guys many white americans fromsouthern America didn't like him at one point; check out thee crazy tea part movement on youtube and etc and you will know what I mean

True but many of the non-blacks who voted for obama were of the young generation, a demographic that usually doesn't go out to vote or pay attention to politics. I feel luck, the bad economy helped Obama get elected not just his image. Months before Obama was elected McCain lead obama in the polls, it was when the stock market crashed. A month or two before the election that obama's poll numbers change to favor him, I remember 2008 very well and it was many factors that helped Obama, I feel now looking at it, it was his destiny

True ,the bad economy helped him but he was the ideal candidate too and like you said he was his destiny to be the 44 th president of the united states knowing that years before a kenyan student with the exact same name came to the US ....
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by MrsChima(f): 11:58pm On Jul 30, 2012
~Royal~:
I believe Martin Luther King was Raised By His White Grand Parents as well....as Well as Michael Jordan, And Malcom X

I also believe George washington carver gave credit to his work on behalf of his white grand parents as well

Don't forget....Cornell West and Tyler Perry both had White grandparents. grin grin grin grin

I think Condoleeza Rice was raised by a White mother and a White uncle.

Oh....White bosses allows my Black co-workers to wear braids, gold in the mouth, and sagging pants to business meetings. lipsrsealed

I think the Black CEO of partnered company was raised by his White grandparents as well. God bless those White grandparents. grin
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by anonymous6(f): 1:30am On Jul 31, 2012
kengis:

True ,the bad economy helped him but he was the ideal candidate too and like you said he was his destiny to be the 44 th president of the united states knowing that years before a kenyan student with the exact same name came to the US ....

Well you have a point
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 2:46am On Jul 31, 2012
LOL @ Royal slyly insulting my cheeks
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 31, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
LOL @ Royal slyly insulting my cheeks

You know my compliment was sincere. You Look Mad Guud To Me.
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by MrsChima(f): 12:22pm On Jul 31, 2012
Royal........

I just found out Denzel Washington was raised by White grandparents!!!!

No damn wonder African men love them some white chicks....they got white grandparents and THEIR MIXED CHILDREN WOULD BE SUCCESSFUL.

Way to go African men!!!
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 31, 2012
grin ~God Bless Those Lovely White Grand Parents.~ grin
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 31, 2012
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 31, 2012
lol @ chima and royal's sarcasm! grin

....off to work.

you two behave! kiss
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by suyu: 3:50pm On Jul 31, 2012
anonymous6:

True but when a black boy is adopted by a white family, their female influence is a white female and since the western world demonizes black women when it comes to being below the ladder especially in America it is inevitable they will fall for the trap easily, but I am not saying it is the excuse majority of the time

Well you are right black American culture is europeanized, when it comes to the difference between Boris and Obama you are right; at least Obama visited Kenya three times while Boris never did however in the end of the day both Obama and Boris are african american culturally and have assimilated into the african american community, both have african american wives, both have black African fathers, and both were raised outside Africa. I am not against it actually, to me majority of the time where you are raised and who your mother is really makes a big difference. I actually think both men are good men but are not culturally african.
Ileke-IdI:
Usually children are closer to their mothers and tend to associate with their mother's origin, even when they were raised by both parents.

Both of you are correct......it is the mothers culture

1 Like

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by suyu: 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

LOL I love how you always jump into conclusion.

Anonymous never specified which American race demonizes black women. She didn't even specify which continent/country.

"since the western world demonizes black women ".

Based on her quote she's right. both black movie producers/ whites demonizes black women. Your posts only supported her claim.

I get what you're both saying and you're both right. . . .

Yup very True...........he is black American what do you expect?
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by suyu: 4:03pm On Jul 31, 2012
kengis:

I look at him as a Kenyan American, so true

anonymous6:

well I get what you are saying he is not the traditional African American where he is the descendants of slaves but has a direct parents from Africa but culturally Obama is African American and white Americans as you pointed out but I won't deny that some African American leaders gave him a hard time because they did

I don't think Obama is culturally African American...regardless of what he identifies as
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by PhysicsQED(m): 4:25pm On Jul 31, 2012

1 Like

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by suyu: 4:39pm On Jul 31, 2012
PhysicsQED: https://www.nairaland.com/1004431/obamas-mother-african-forebearer-ties

Even his white mother has a black African ancestor.........wow

so in a way he is descended from slaves in a way
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by PhysicsQED(m): 4:45pm On Jul 31, 2012
suyu:

Even his white mother has a black African ancestor.........wow

Well, African American. John Punch was from Virginia.

I posted the link because going off of the research, he would be part Kenyan (Luo), part European/white, and part AA in terms of ancestry.

I just thought it would be relevant in light of some of the things discussed on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by suyu: 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Well, African American. John Punch was from Virginia.

I posted the link because going off of the research, he would be part Kenyan (Luo), part European/white, and part AA in terms of ancestry.

I just thought it would be relevant in light of some of the things discussed on this thread.

It makes sense........so true

The discussion is dead now because this info now supports both Kengis and Anonyymous

I'm off

2 Likes

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by MrsChima(f): 7:20pm On Jul 31, 2012
MsDarkSkin: lol @ chima and royal's sarcasm! grin

....off to work.

you two behave! kiss

I being good....just paying tribute to the White Grandparents!!

I hope all them starving Black kids in the East get adopted by those lovely white grandparents.

2 Likes

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 2:15am On Aug 01, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

I being good....just paying tribute to the White Grandparents!!

I hope all them starving Black kids in the East get adopted by those lovely white grandparents.

grin grin

u aint right!!
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by imsaneuk(m): 6:09pm On Aug 01, 2012
Some african women i have spoken with if married to a white man, or are married want thier children brought up in the african culture.
So everyone has thier own views on which culture they wish the children brought up.
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 01, 2012
@The "Africans"

Being influenced by "culture" has nothing to do with what race, your parents are, or grand parents.

It's has everything to do with Geographical Location and The Culture that exist around you.

For example...Look at the biggest selling rap artist of all time "Eminem"

White Rapper with white parents' white grand parents, white great grand parents....

Why is he the way he is?..."Black Culture"

Why? where did he grow up..?...Inner Cities of Detroit

Huge Black Population

Smh@some of the logic of these people....It's almost hard to fathom.

You would think that being West african and having so many ethnic groups who have different cultures and beliefs...these people would understand Something as Simple as This.

If an Igbo male grows up in Yoruba Land, and spends 30 years of his adult life there...I am pretty sure He will be influenced in some way by Yoruba Culture.

You can raise a German Kid and In South Sudan, The Culure of the Dinka may have an influence on him

...White Grand Parents...LmL

What is wrong with all of you? LoL

The subject could be about "Botany" ..God Damn Plant Biology.. And these people will Rant Endlessly about applying incorrect logic to "Race" and how White Grand Parents somehow dictate maximum growth in giant Sequoia

Race can Define a Culture, but Race Can not Define who is Influenced by that culture. That my friends is determined by Various Factors

Class Over Children.
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Ybutterfly: 7:10pm On Aug 01, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ijebu People - The Most Industrious Beings On Earth. Please Let's Get Together / University Of Nigeria Professor Of Arts Work Sells 11.4M at Ikoyi Auction! / Igbo Women: The Most Socially Empowered In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.