Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,374 members, 7,864,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:29 AM

Interracial Children: Which Culture? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Interracial Children: Which Culture? (9029 Views)

Which Culture In Nigeria Have Respect The Most? / Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? / Which Culture Is The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by MrsChima(f): 10:26pm On Aug 01, 2012
So basically what u are saying Royal is that everyone is a by~ product of their environment?
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 01, 2012
Nah, I am saying that to assume the surrounding cultures around him had no Impact on him at All is an Outlandish statement.

Grand Parent's do not influence you as a Grown Adult Man, The Cultures of your surroundings do.

Unless you are a 40 year old unemployed man Living with your grandmother.
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 1:41am On Aug 02, 2012
If Obama was "white washed" with no relationship or sense of kinship with BAs, he wouldn't:

-be so open to the black American community (openly expressed his love for hiphop and basketball)

-have wifed a black woman

-nor would he make an effort to specifically direct the importance of fatherhood/responsibility on young black males...

....wink
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 1:42am On Aug 02, 2012
Mine. They are however allowed to learn their mommy's language.
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 1:43am On Aug 02, 2012
lol... grin
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by tpia5: 4:44am On Aug 02, 2012
If you had interacial children, which cultre would you like them to embrace.
African or thier other parent's culture what would you say is beter for the children.

the word black is used as a generic term covering both blacks and biracials.

so, your question is not clear.

you cant force people to pretend things are otherwise.

obama was raised by white grandparents- does he call himself white?

if you feel the non-african culture is "better" for a biracial kid, then you must have your reasons no doubt.
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by dayokanu(m): 5:39am On Aug 02, 2012
I think mine
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by yorubaamerican(m): 11:20am On Aug 03, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
they have no culture and no tribe. they can go join the akata genopool. i would never have mixed kids. NEVER! angry

It's unfortunate that you think "akatas" have no culture...Maybe you should meet someone like me!
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by yorubaamerican(m): 11:23am On Aug 03, 2012
imsaneuk: If you had interacial children, which cultre would you like them to embrace.
African or thier other parent's culture what would you say is beter for the children.

My son will know his Yoruba heritage, his Ibibio heritage, and his heritage that was taken away from him over 500 some odd years ago by the trans-Atlantic slave trade.
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by yorubaamerican(m): 11:24am On Aug 03, 2012
odumchi: What not both?

It's not impossible for a child to be acquainted with the cultures of both parents.

Very nice...Agreed!
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by MrsChima(f): 11:43am On Aug 03, 2012
yorubaamerican:

It's unfortunate that you think "akatas" have no culture...Maybe you should meet someone like me!

Are you Black American and Nigerian?
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by MrsChima(f): 11:48am On Aug 03, 2012
yorubaamerican:

My son will know his Yoruba heritage, his Ibibio heritage, and his heritage that was taken away from him over 500 some odd years ago by the trans-Atlantic slave trade.

Nice......my pikins will know their daddy and mommy's heritage. Children shouldnt be denied learning both parents' heritage simply because many are ignorant and racist.

2 Likes

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Freiburger(m): 12:37pm On Aug 03, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Nice......my pikins will know their daddy and mommy's heritage. Children shouldnt be denied learning both parents' heritage simply because many are ignorant and racist.
5Likes.
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 03, 2012
yorubaamerican:

Na wa o! Too much for one boy.
Ibibio and Yoruba? Yoruba men grin They've done it again.
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by suyu: 1:25pm On Aug 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Na wa o! Too much for one boy.
Ibibio and Yoruba? Yoruba men grin They've done it again.

He is black american not yoruba
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by suyu: 1:33pm On Aug 03, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
they have no culture and no tribe. they can go join the akata genopool. i would never have mixed kids. NEVER! angry

most do blend in with akata's any way...........thank God basically all of these mixed race or naija/akata people are born outside Nigeria.........in the west

The Op of the thread is a white man, them and akata's like to talk about race threads all the time non-stop.

2 Likes

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 03, 2012
suyu:

"My son will know all of his Yoruba, Ibibio etc etc".
Not saying he directly offered the Yoruba gene.

1 Like

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nebeuwa(m): 2:36pm On Aug 03, 2012
What about inter-ethnic people?

I like to consider myself both Nigerian and Black American. However, when it comes to cuisine, I tend to gravitate to soul food, because my mother used to make that food for me.

I think mothers play a major role in the identity of their children.

1 Like

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by suyu: 3:07pm On Aug 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

"My son will know all of his Yoruba, Ibibio etc etc".
Not saying he directly offered the Yoruba gene.

oh sorry, I understand now those are the tribes in him....hmm

Nebeuwa: What about inter-ethnic people?

I like to consider myself both Nigerian and Black American. However, when it comes to cuisine, I tend to gravitate to soul food, because my mother used to make that food for me.

I think mothers play a major role in the identity of their children.

very good, it is good someone like you admitted that
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by yorubaamerican(m): 3:39pm On Aug 08, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Are you Black American and Nigerian?

Well, you should be able to tell from my nairaland name! I consider my self a Yoruba American prince. My father's is Nigerian and my mother is American. I was born and raised in America, but I've spent the last 4 and half years in Nigeria - came in 2007 for the first time. I represent all my heritage, the Yoruba side and the African American side. I can actually say I understand the difference between nationality and ethnicity...Two different things! Black people in America do have culture, the fact that it goes against what you think is culture doesn't mean it doesn't exist or is bog-standard.
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by yorubaamerican(m): 3:43pm On Aug 08, 2012
yorubaamerican:

Well, you should be able to tell from my nairaland name! I consider my self a Yoruba American prince. My father is Nigerian and my mother is American. I was born and raised in America, but I've spent the last 4 and half years in Nigeria - came in 2007 for the first time. I represent all my heritage, the Yoruba side and the African American side. I can actually say I understand the difference between nationality and ethnicity...Two different things! Black people in America do have culture, the fact that it goes against what you think is culture doesn't mean it doesn't exist or is bog-standard.

Terribly sorry, Mrs. Chima. The last part about black people in America isn't directed to you -- kinda new to nairaland!

1 Like

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by yorubaamerican(m): 3:46pm On Aug 08, 2012
suyu:

It's funny that you think you get to decide what he is - he was actually born in Nigeria!
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by MrsChima(f): 5:25pm On Aug 08, 2012
yorubaamerican:

Well, you should be able to tell from my nairaland name! I consider my self a Yoruba American prince. My father's is Nigerian and my mother is American. I was born and raised in America, but I've spent the last 4 and half years in Nigeria - came in 2007 for the first time. I represent all my heritage, the Yoruba side and the African American side. I can actually say I understand the difference between nationality and ethnicity...Two different things! Black people in America do have culture, the fact that it goes against what you think is culture doesn't mean it doesn't exist or is bog-standard.

The only thing I could tell from your Nairaland name was the vowels and consonants. It is not safe to assume but smart to ask the question.

Thanks for answering my question nevertheless.
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by MrsChima(f): 5:27pm On Aug 08, 2012
yorubaamerican:

Terribly sorry, Mrs. Chima. The last part about black people in America isn't directed to you -- kinda new to nairaland!

Okay,
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Eiregirl(f): 3:39pm On Aug 10, 2012
Why not both? If both parents feel strongly then what's the big deal? angry
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:20pm On Aug 10, 2012
suyu:

most do blend in with akata's any way...........thank God basically all of these mixed race or naija/akata people are born outside Nigeria.........in the west

The Op of the thread is a white man, them and akata's like to talk about race threads all the time non-stop.

yes let them intermarry with all those other mixed race and not defile our purer lines. or else tomorrow we will become fit for history books like those poor Native Americans, Tainos, Caribs, etc. .

2 Likes

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by MrsChima(f): 2:32am On Aug 11, 2012
LMAO@Nigeria not having mixed Nigerians. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

LMAO@pure blood Africans. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:21pm On Aug 12, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^shut up you akata. what do you know. you think everyone is like you?? angry

1 Like

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by MrsChima(f): 10:29pm On Aug 12, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
^^^^^^^^^^shut up you akata. what do you know. you think everyone is like you?? angry

I think YOU ARE A WORTHLESS PURE BUSH APE that your people couldn't sell. wink wink wink wink
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:46pm On Aug 12, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

I think YOU ARE A WORTHLESS PURE BUSH APE that your people couldn't sell. wink wink wink wink

yeahh atleast im not a street wh*** like your peoples and druggies and gays. *smh tongue

1 Like

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by MrsChima(f): 12:21am On Aug 13, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

yeahh atleast im not a street wh*** like your peoples and druggies and gays. *smh tongue

Good thing you are not a ho....you couldnt sell urself for free....nobody wants you nigga.

You are a crackbaby and your daddy was a broke love-vendor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Are Blacks Subhuman / Speaking Out Against The Bride Price Practice / Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.