Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,983 members, 7,866,689 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:24 PM

Interracial Children: Which Culture? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Interracial Children: Which Culture? (9038 Views)

Which Culture In Nigeria Have Respect The Most? / Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? / Which Culture Is The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 30, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

GBAM GBAM GBAM!!!!!!

I feel like anonymous is right about the demonizing of black women by the American culture tho. I don't understand why Royal is trying to refute it.

Demonizing?...LoL That's a Bit Strong, I would say that definitely was the case from 1700-1975 (lol) but in our lifetime?..i dunno...then again im not a black woman so i might not "see" what you all "see".

See you have to remember "Lightskin Black Women" are Lorded Praised and Cheered.. Told they are angelic princess...(Aaliyah,Beyonce)

Then you have the "Pam's" from Martin..who are portrayed in a Demonizing Fashion.

Most of the times when you see black women casted in those "demonizing" roles...it's by black producers/ Or shows with "Black Male Leading Stars"

Example of this...The Tv show Martin...the "Gina and Pam" Stereotypical role...

One is the angelic pure faithful princess....

The other casted as the Evil, loud mouth, sassy ghetto promiscuous h03, that can't keep a man..

But remember they are both black women so how can we say "all" of black women are demonized..?....

I disagree...

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by kengis: 6:10pm On Jul 30, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

It means I support your post lol.
Ah ok lol
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 30, 2012
~Royal~:

Demonizing?...LoL That's a Bit Strong, I would say that definitely was the case from 1700-1975 (lol) but in our lifetime?..i dunno...then again im not a black woman so i might not "see" what you all "see".

See you have to remember "Lightskin Black Women" are Lorded Praised and Cheered.. Told they are angelic princess...(Aaliyah,Beyonce)

Then you have the "Pam's" from Martin..who are portrayed in a Demonizing Fashion.

Most of the times when you see black women casted in those "demonizing" roles...it's by black producers/ Or shows with "Black Male Leading Stars"

Example of this...The Tv show Martin...the "Gina and Pam" Stereotypical role...

One is the angelic pure faithful princess....

The other casted as the Evil, loud mouth, sassy ghetto promiscuous h03, that can't keep a man..

But remember they are both black women so how can we say "all" of black women are demonized..?....

I disagree...

Hmmm

In EVERYBODY HATE CHRIS, The lighter skin woman was portrayed as the crazy cookoo head.

Are you trying to say that Black women don't get the sassy, rude, lower class and sometimes obnoxious roles in Hollywood (non-black) movies?
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 30, 2012
They do, it's not as prevalent as it once was....

With Black Movies Producers you virtually see it on every occasion.

The Demonizing of our women are done more by Black men.

.."If" you even want to classify something like that as demonizing...

Truth Be Told...these women do exist all over America, it isn't a character created out of "fiction".

Because of the constant portrayal of these types of characters for years upon years, black women have literally tried to play directly into these stereotypes

Its apart of the culture now.

Blacks are more at Fault for this Portrayal than Whites
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 30, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Hmmm

In EVERYBODY HATE CHRIS, The lighter skin woman was portrayed as the crazy cookoo head.

Are you trying to say that Black women don't get the sassy, rude, lower class and sometimes obnoxious roles in Hollywood (non-black) movies?

Good, Tichina Arnold probably requested it....imagine how she felt all those years playing the role of "pam"

She probably made that a personal request behind the scenes
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by chic2pimp(m): 6:21pm On Jul 30, 2012
anonymous6:

True but when a black boy is adopted by a white family, their female influence is a white female and since the western world demonizes black women when it comes to being below the ladder especially in America it is inevitable they will fall for the trap easily, but I am not saying it is the excuse majority of the time

Well you are right black American culture is europeanized, when it comes to the difference between Boris and Obama you are right; at least Obama visited Kenya three times while Boris never did however in the end of the day both Obama and Boris are african american culturally and have assimilated into the african american community, both have african american wives, both have black African fathers, and both were raised outside Africa. I am not against it actually, to me majority of the time where you are raised and who your mother is really makes a big difference. I actually think both men are good men but are not culturally african.

LMFAO @ Obama being culturally African American.
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 30, 2012
~Royal~:
They do, it's not as prevalent as it once was....

With Black Movies Producers you virtually see it on every occasion.

The Demonizing of our women are done more by Black men.

.."If" you even want to classify something like that as demonizing...

Truth Be Told...these women do exist all over America, it isn't a character created out of "fiction".

Because of the constant portrayal of these types of characters for years upon years, black women have literally tried to play directly into these stereotypes

Its apart of the culture now.

Blacks are more at Fault for this Portrayal than Whites

LOL I love how you always jump into conclusion.

Anonymous never specified which American race demonizes black women. She didn't even specify which continent/country.

"since the western world demonizes black women ".

Based on her quote she's right. both black movie producers/ whites demonizes black women. Your posts only supported her claim.

I get what you're both saying and you're both right. . . .

4 Likes

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 30, 2012
Well you are right black American culture is europeanized,

Annoy6 says off the wall shid.

Anybody who lives in America knows Black American culture has had more of an influence on white communities than the other way around.

This Woman crazy, lol had to have gotten bullied in America as a youth for being Nigerian or something.
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 30, 2012
lol No she isn't right at all...Everything she alludes to is always about some "White Euro" Dominance Rule that is Prohibiting black culture and progression.

if someone writes dumb shid, i call it out. Simple as that. lol
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by anonymous6(f): 6:26pm On Jul 30, 2012
kengis:

I really don't think that Obama is an "african american" culturally !
Actually Obama was raised among white people , he graduated from one of the best "white" university just like his father
Obama has nothing in commun with the mainstream black american male and never did experience the "black american" journey
Did you read his book ?you should
Obama made everything possible to differenciate himself from the black american male like jesse jackson
This is why he got elected
Renember at the begining ,black americans wouldn't vote for Obama because he was different,they were rooted for hilary
white people supported obama from the begining ,guess why ?because he 's not black american ,he share the white american experience through immigration
His dad came in America as a "pioneer" and did not experience segregation
white people are more welcoming with african migrants in general ,guess why

well I get what you are saying he is not the traditional African American where he is the descendants of slaves but has a direct parents from Africa but culturally Obama is African American and white Americans as you pointed out but I won't deny that some African American leaders gave him a hard time because they did

2 Likes

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 30, 2012
Uhgg@my phone auto word.
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by anonymous6(f): 6:27pm On Jul 30, 2012
chic2pimp:

well he is, he identifies as one, his wife is one, his mentor Reverend Wright was African American so in a way he is but not completely because some of his influences was his white American side
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by MrsChima(f): 6:28pm On Jul 30, 2012
I think "educated" people need to stop confusing Black American with African American. Black American and African American are two separation things.

Individuals that are Black living in America is classified as Black American. According to the definition of many....African Americans are individuals whom supposed to be byproducts of slavery and lost members of African tribes who sold them for a mirror and a spoon.

Barack Obama is a bi-racial man who have identified himself as an American. He has never stated that he was White American nor Black American. Barack OBama was raised by his White grandparents only to spend his adult years studying and partaking in life experience with Black Americans and Civil Right movements.

Barack Obama spent many years trying to re-educate minorities on self dependence and acquiring knowledge to succeed. Obama Barack met with a successful Black American woman who broke all "stereotypes" regarding Black American woman and became the first Black American First Lady in the White House.

Barack Obama has never spoke ill about White nor Black Americans and in fact is all about bring both sides together to move America forward. He has never said not one time he wanted to "remove" himself from the Black America mainstream otherwise he contradicted himself going to a Black church and following a Black reverend.

Lying to prove a point is not cool.
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 30, 2012
Well you are right black American culture is europeanized,

I can't take this comment seriously^^ Especially when little white boys are walking around suburbs with backwards hats, sagging jeans calling each other niqqqa and trying to be gangbangers.
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by kengis: 6:28pm On Jul 30, 2012
anonymous6:

well I get what you are saying he is not the traditional African american where he is the decendants of slaves but has a direct parents from Africa but culturally Obama is African American and white Americans as you pointed out
You did not understand what I wrote
Obama is not "african american" culturally at all ...
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by anonymous6(f): 6:30pm On Jul 30, 2012
kengis:
You did not understand what I wrote
Obama is not "african american" culturally at all ...

ok what culture do you think Obama is?
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by anonymous6(f): 6:32pm On Jul 30, 2012
So kengis, what makes you think Obama is not culturally African american
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by kengis: 6:32pm On Jul 30, 2012
anonymous6:

well he is, he identifies as one, his wife is one, his mentor Reverend Wright was African American so in a way he is but not completely because some of his influences was his white American side
he just wanted to be elected ,that's why he called himself "AA"
he is truly a kenyan american
so being married to a black american make you black american culturally ?it makes no sense
Why do you think reverand wright rejected him ?
White people feel safe around Obama because he is different and not the typical black american

2 Likes

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 30, 2012
anonymous6:

well I get what you are saying he is not the traditional African american where he is the decendants of slaves but has a direct parents from Africa but culturally Obama is African American and white Americans as you pointed out

Has Direct Parents from Africa?....

His mother was a white woman born in kansas...LmL

LoL@How blacks overly obsess about claiming "Biracials"

....He is not just Black....He is every bit White as he is Black.

1 Like

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by MrsChima(f): 6:34pm On Jul 30, 2012
LMAO@ "educated" individuals fighting over differences in culture. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by kengis: 6:36pm On Jul 30, 2012
anonymous6:

ok what culture do you think Obama is?
Read his book : he defined himself as the offsprings of a kenyan man and a white woman,raised by his white grand parents
he still strong ties with his family in kenya :the luo people
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 30, 2012
kengis: White people feel safe around Obama because he is different and not the typical black american

..Ight i had enough...Too much ignorance....Lmfao^....

I let the Other Black Americans waste time with this...

"Typical Black American"....

I guess a "Typical African" is a uneducated guy living in a mud hut chucking a spear and drinking blood from a dead man's skull?

If you let white stereotypes of us "brainwash" you...ill let white stereotypes they tell us "brainwash" me wink

Obama is very much a "typical" older Black/White American male. There is nothing "Different" about him at all grin
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by MrsChima(f): 6:41pm On Jul 30, 2012
LMAO@typical Black American. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Only a typical dumb African will say some shit like that. grin grin grin grin

White folks feel so safe with Barack Obama that they brought guns to ALL OF HIS town hall meetings!! grin grin grin I thought White people love them some Africans grin grin grin

They called him a NIGGER and QUESTIONED his identity. grin grin grin grin grin

Way to go White people! grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by kengis: 6:43pm On Jul 30, 2012
chic2pimp:

very funny LMAO
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by MrsChima(f): 6:48pm On Jul 30, 2012
I remembered reading something where several Nigerians complained that Barack Obama visited Ghana and Kenya of all African countries.

It was funny as hell.
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by anonymous6(f): 6:50pm On Jul 30, 2012
~Royal~:

Has Direct Parents from Africa?....

His mother was a white woman born in kansas...LmL

LoL@How blacks overly obsess about claiming "Biracials"

....He is not just Black....He is every bit White as he is Black.

I meant parent not parents and the info you said I already know, I never tried to claim him as Black, learn how to read and stop trying to make people look stupid. The only blacks that are obsessed in claiming biracials are african americans, your community. S-tupid

Stop responding to me because I am not speaking to you but kengis; you are nutts and disrespectful

2 Likes

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by anonymous6(f): 6:52pm On Jul 30, 2012
kengis:
he just wanted to be elected ,that's why he called himself "AA"
he is truly a kenyan american
so being married to a black american make you black american culturally ?it makes no sense
Why do you think reverand wright rejected him ?
White people feel safe around Obama because he is different and not the typical black american

Obama has always identified himself African American since he was young from what I have heard from his biography, which is his prerogative, so i think it is more then him being elected
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by anonymous6(f): 6:53pm On Jul 30, 2012
kengis:
Read his book : he defined himself as the offsprings of a kenyan man and a white woman,raised by his white grand parents
he still strong ties with his family in kenya :the luo people

True but his cultural life style he calls himself is African American
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by chic2pimp(m): 6:56pm On Jul 30, 2012
kengis:

very funny LMAO

Very Indeed bro.
I'm LMFAO again

anonymous6:

No he is not.
That his wife is an African American does not mean he himself is culturally one.
The fact that I have attended a few White churches in my life time does not make me culturally white.

I probably have more in common with my Japanese neighbour's culture than he does with the African American Culture
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by anonymous6(f): 6:59pm On Jul 30, 2012
chic2pimp:

No he is not.
That his wife is an African American does not mean he himself is culturally one.
The fact that I have attended a few White churches in my life time does not make me culturally white.

I probably have more in common with my Japanese neighbour's culture than he does with the African American Culture

I don't think you understand what I am saying, no matter what Obama heritage will be Kenyan and white American but he was never raised in the Kenyan culture, his father was never there. he was raised in the culture and influenced by his country and white side, which is African American and white American. for example Boris Kidjoe has a very similar background to Obama but his cultural identification that he lives 24/7 is not Ghanian.
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by kengis: 7:00pm On Jul 30, 2012
anonymous6:

Obama has always identified himself African American since he was young from what I have heard from his biography, which is his prerogative, so i think it is more then him being elected
It's not about hearing , it's about reading his own book "dreams from my father" ,period ...
his family tree and history from both sides is mentionned
Obama used to date white women then he realized that it's wouldn't be a good idea because he always had political ambitions
When he first run for local elections in Chicago ,he was beaten by a typical black american because black did not want him
whites always supported him ,he was never that angry ex slave ,angry man
Then in Iowa ,a predominently white state ,when he won then black americans started to claim him because they always need the white (slave master)man's approval
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by kengis: 7:05pm On Jul 30, 2012
anonymous6:

True but his cultural life style he calls himself is African American
once he explained that he was labelled by society as a "black" person not by himself
throughout his campaign he introduced himself as the son a kenyan student and a white women raised by his white grand parents
When he won ,the cameras all around the world showed his african family from kenya since he has no ties with the south in the states

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Are The Illushi People? / Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection / [must Read] 10 Barbaric Practices That Still Exist In Nigeria Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.