Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,955 members, 7,866,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:04 PM

Interracial Children: Which Culture? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Interracial Children: Which Culture? (9037 Views)

Which Culture In Nigeria Have Respect The Most? / Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? / Which Culture Is The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by anonymous6(f): 7:06pm On Jul 30, 2012
kengis:
It's not about hearing , it's about reading his own book "dreams from my father" ,period ...
his family tree and history from both sides is mentionned
Obama used to date white women then he realized that it's wouldn't be a good idea because he always had political ambitions
When he first run for local elections in Chicago ,he was beaten by a typical black american because black did not want him
whites always supported him ,he was never that angry ex slave ,angry man
Then in Iowa ,a predominently white state ,when he won then black americans started to claim him because they always need the white (slave master)man's approval

I have heard about this and I don't disagree to a extent but to be culturally something you have to know the culture from language, food, music, customs and traditions, and etc and when it comes to Obama well he has no connection to that when it comes to Kenya. Just because his father is Kenyan and black African doesn't give him a pass to say he is culturally Kenyan.
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 30, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

LOL I love how you always jump into conclusion.

Anonymous never specified which American race demonizes black women. She didn't even specify which continent/country.

"since the western world demonizes black women ".

Based on her quote she's right. both black movie producers/ whites demonizes black women. Your posts only supported her claim.

I get what you're both saying and you're both right. . . .

I am not jumping to conclusions at all..Remember my original post "Disagreed" with the word "Demonize"

That's why my post after that original post had the word "Demonize" in quotes.

The Western Media does not Demonize Black Women.

My Examples Provided pointed to a "good vs evil" dynamic which is used in Casting Roles...

This same dynamic applies to White Women in Movie/Television roles.

So (IMO), there is no demonization

By tha Way....You got Cheeks Like Mj...you Favor her tongue
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by kengis: 7:09pm On Jul 30, 2012
anonymous6:

I don't think you understand what I am saying, no matter what Obama heritage will be Kenyan and white American but he was never raised in the Kenyan culture, his father was never there. he was raised in the culture and influenced by his country and white side, which is African American and white American. for example Boris Kidjoe has a very similar background to Obama but his cultural identification that he lives 24/7 is not Ghanian.
Nobody told you that he was raised in the kenyan culture ,he was raised by white peep
In his book ,he explained that his father Obama senior paved the path for him ,that why he went to Harvard and his father was a politician
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 30, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
I remembered reading something where several Nigerians complained that Barack Obama visited Ghana and Kenya of all African countries.

It was funny as hell.

Nigerians were all over the Internet Raising Hell about that, LoL they were mad as hell

Ghana=Darlings of Africa.... ahahahah

Viva~Ghana
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by kengis: 7:11pm On Jul 30, 2012
anonymous6:

I have heard about this and I don't disagree to a extent but to be culturally something you have to know the culture from language, food, music, customs and traditions, and etc and when it comes to Obama well he has no connection to that when it comes to Kenya. Just because his father is Kenyan and black African doesn't give him a pass to say he is culturally Kenyan.
I never says he has a kenyan culture ,I told you that it was his heritage and that he was very much inspired by his father
This is why he wrote a book about him
Black american like jesse jackson tried to be elected as president ,why do you think he failed ? LOL
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by anonymous6(f): 7:12pm On Jul 30, 2012
kengis:
once he explained that he was labelled by society as a "black" person not by himself
throughout his campaign he introduced himself as the son a kenyan student and a white women raised by his white grand parents
When he won ,the cameras all around the world showed his african family from kenya since he has no ties with the south in the states

well he has always said he is from a white American mother and Kenyan father, which will never change but culturally he is African American and white American, and he identifies as a African American regardless even though he is technically Kenyan American by blood and heritage but culturally he is not Kenyan.
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by anonymous6(f): 7:13pm On Jul 30, 2012
kengis:
Nobody told you that he was raised in the kenyan culture ,he was raised by white peep
In his book ,he explained that his father Obama senior paved the path for him ,that why he went to Harvard and his father was a politician

True, you can even say he is more white American then black American culturally
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 30, 2012
You know what he is?...Just An American

end of debate/
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by anonymous6(f): 7:15pm On Jul 30, 2012
kengis:
I never says he has a kenyan culture ,I told you that it was his heritage and that he was very much inspired by his father
This is why he wrote a book about him
Black american like jesse jackson tried to be elected as president ,why do you think he failed ? LOL

oh ok, I am talking about cultural identification but when I said he isn't culturally Kenyan you seem not to understand what I meant earlier. Any way when it comes to the jesse Jackson vs. Obama fiasco I know what you mean
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by kengis: 7:16pm On Jul 30, 2012
anonymous6:

well he has always said he is from a white American mother and Kenyan father, which will never change but culturally he is African American and white American, and he identifies as a African American regardless even though he is technically Kenyan American by blood and heritage but culturally he is not Kenyan.

Culturally Obama is not "AA" at all , he has a different mindset ,that's why jesse jackson wanted to "kill" him as well as reverend wright
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 30, 2012
kengis:

Culturally Obama is not "AA" at all , he has a different mindset ,that's why jesse jackson wanted to "kill" him as well as reverend wright

!!MwAHhahahahahHHAHAHhahahHAHAHHhhahaha!!! Yo this shid is Comedy!!![size=14pt] {{{LmL}}}[/size]
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by anonymous6(f): 7:18pm On Jul 30, 2012
kengis:

Umm I don't think Reverend wanted to kill Obama but he was causing Drama for obama back in 08 and Jesse well I feel a little jealosuy was with him but Jesse has always said back then in 08 that Obama is not the traditional african american
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by kengis: 7:19pm On Jul 30, 2012
anonymous6:

oh ok, I am talking about cultural identification but when I said he isn't culturally Kenyan you seem not to understand what I meant earlier. Any way when it comes to the jesse Jackson vs. Obama fiasco I know what you mean
Obama is a typical white american dude with kenyan blood in him
He has the immigrant mindset that anything is possible in America just like african immigrants
Obama even criticized many times black american male
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by kengis: 7:21pm On Jul 30, 2012
anonymous6:

Umm I don't think Reverend wanted to kill Obama but he was causing Drama for obama back in 08 and Jesse well I feel a little jealosuy was with him but Jesse has always said back then in 08 that Obama is not the traditional african american
So jesse jackson said obama is not the "traditional AA" just like I'm saying obama ain't the typical black american
ok I'm done LOL
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by anonymous6(f): 7:22pm On Jul 30, 2012
kengis:
He has the immigrant mindset that anything is possible in America just like african immigrants

Yeah it is true he criticize black American men, which Jesse criticized him for but Obama has also criticized his fathers country Kenya, also Liberia, Nigeria as well
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 30, 2012
Obama isn't even a real person he is a Human Droid made in American Science Lab By Leftist Liberals Seeking World Domination.

LmL@My African Blood Writing Post.
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by anonymous6(f): 7:24pm On Jul 30, 2012
kengis:
So jesse jackson said obama is not the "traditional AA" just like I'm saying obama ain't the typical black american
ok I'm done LOL

I never consider Obama the traditional African American, but that doesn't change the fact that he is identified as one, which is his right
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by kengis: 7:24pm On Jul 30, 2012
anonymous6:

Yeah it is true he criticize black American men, which Jesse criticized him for but Obama has also criticized his fathers country Kenya, Liberia, Nigeria as well
There 's no comparison
His criticism towards african countries was about politics
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 30, 2012
kengis:

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by anonymous6(f): 7:29pm On Jul 30, 2012
kengis:
There 's no comparison
His criticism towards african countries was about politics

True to a extent but some was about social issues
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by chic2pimp(m): 7:36pm On Jul 30, 2012
anonymous6:

I don't think you understand what I am saying, no matter what Obama heritage will be Kenyan and white American but he was never raised in the Kenyan culture, his father was never there. he was raised in the culture and influenced by his country and white side, which is African American and white American. for example Boris Kidjoe has a very similar background to Obama but his cultural identification that he lives 24/7 is not Ghanian.

I very well understood what u were trying to say.

Obama was not raised and niether was he influenced by the African American Culture.
The only tie that links him back to the African American culture is that of his wife.
His sound upbringing was mainly due to the fact that he was raised by his White Grandparents and the little time he spent in Indonesia.
It has Absolutely nothing to do with the African American Culture.
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by kengis: 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2012
chic2pimp:

Obama was not raised and niether was he influenced by the African American Culture.
The only tie that links him back to the African American culture is that of his wife.
His sound upbringing was mainly due to the fact that he was raised by his White Grandparents and the little time he spent in Indonesia.

Thanks ! well said
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by anonymous6(f): 7:40pm On Jul 30, 2012
chic2pimp:

True but the only black influence he has had is African American ex. Reverend wright, any way we can't argue with what Obama identifies as which is African American. sometimes the wife has a strong influence in what path or community you assimilate in
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 30, 2012
How on earth is Barack Obama Not Influenced by African American Culture when from the year 1979 he spent his life years, and schooling in Los Angeles, New York City, and Chicago......

You can't get more "African American"...Then spending 30 years of your Life. In The Largest "Blackest Cities" In the United States of America......

Wow...the intellect on this forum is Appalling.

..30 Years......[size=15pt]30 YEARS.....[/size] LmL
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 30, 2012
chic2pimp: Obama was not raised and niether was he influenced by the African American Culture.

anonymous6: True but the only black influence he has had is African American ex. Reverend wright, any way we can't argue with what Obama identifies as which is African American. sometimes the wife has a strong influence in what path or community you assimilate in

The man use to walk around Going to College rocking an Afro like he was Dr J or some Pimpp out of a 1970s movie...LmL

That man was definitely influenced by black american culture...just google old images of him.

You can tell by the way he talks, his swagger....

30 years of his Life was spent in African American Culture and more importantly "American" Culture..in the 3 largest mega Cities in the United States.

What person are you people talking about? LmL

Yeah this guy below wasn't influenced by Black American Culture.... grin grin grin

Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by MrsChima(f): 8:12pm On Jul 30, 2012
~Royal~:

Nigerians were all over the Internet Raising Hell about that, LoL they were mad as hell

Ghana=Darlings of Africa.... ahahahah

Viva~Ghana

Yes they were and what is funny how many of them idolized Barack Obama to only be betrayed by the Ghanaians who took the glory. grin

He flew over Nigeria to visit Kenya.... grin grin
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by kengis: 8:12pm On Jul 30, 2012
anonymous6:

True but the only black influence he has had is African American ex. Reverend wright, any way we can't argue with what Obama identifies as which is African American. sometimes the wife has a strong influence in what path or community you assimilate in

Obama can identity himself with martians if he wants
Does it make him a martian ,I don't think so !
Being married to a black american does not make him a black american
You said he was cukturally"AA" and we said hell no !
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by MrsChima(f): 8:14pm On Jul 30, 2012
~Royal~:

The man use to walk around Going to College rocking an Afro like he was Dr J or some Pimpp out of a 1970s movie...LmL

That man was definitely influenced by black american culture...just google old images of him.

30 years of his Life was spent in African American Culture and more importantly "American" Culture..in the 3 largest mega Cities in the United States.

Yeah this guy below wasn't influenced by Black American Culture.... grin grin grin

Many dummies want you to believe that Afro was a White American thing. grin grin grin grin

Reverend Wright is White...he just got a good tan. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by chic2pimp(m): 8:26pm On Jul 30, 2012
anonymous6:

True but the only black influence he has had is African American ex. Reverend wright, any way we can't argue with whhat Obama identifies as which is African American. sometimes the wife has a strong influence in what path or community you assimilate in

What he identifies himself as is not issue being discussed here.
Whether he was influenced by the African American culture is the issue being discussed and the answer I'm sorry to say is a blatant No!!!

~Royal~:

LMFAOOOOOOOO @ talking like an African American. Yh we all can see that.

The fact remains the most crucial part of his development was under the supervision of his WHITE Grandparents.

No matter what way and hard u try to twist it, he simply wasn't influenced by the African American Culture. His WHite Grandparents takes all the credit for that
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by MrsChima(f): 8:37pm On Jul 30, 2012
chic2pimp:

Whether he was influenced by the African American culture is the issue being discussed and the answer I'm sorry to say is a blatant No!!!

The fact remains the most crucial part of his development was under the supervision of his WHITE Grandparents.

No matter what way and hard u try to twist it, he simply wasn't influenced by the African American Culture. His WHite Grandparents takes all the credit for that

I thank his White Grandparents and Black father for guiding him to marry a good Black American woman. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thank you White grandparents for putting a Black American woman in the White House. grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 30, 2012
chic2pimp:

Lmfao@the fact remains

No....The Fact Remains he is Clearly influenced by African American Culture and you Failed to do your researched and wrongly assumed he spent more of his "adult" life outside the states than you previously thought

So when you got corrected on not knowing he spent 30 years of his adult life in black communities...you felt embarrassed..I understand ( grin )

Where is the proof he "was not" influenced by African American Culture?....You Provided none.

The Race of your parents has zero to do with a "cultural upbringing"....Your surroundings and your environment has more to do with what influences the culture that you grow up in

Barack Went to school in Mega Cities with huge African American Populations.

Culture also has allot to do with the accents you use to pronounce words.

Educate yourself and do more research before randomly assuming someone is "not influenced by black american culture" despite spending the majority of their lives in Chicago,Los Angeles, and New York.
grin grin
Re: Interracial Children: Which Culture? by anonymous6(f): 8:40pm On Jul 30, 2012
chic2pimp:

Where does Reverend wright falls then? To me though his white American side influence him and African American culture influence second

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Are The Illushi People? / Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection / [must Read] 10 Barbaric Practices That Still Exist In Nigeria Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.