Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (385166 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2015
KOMBE:
I have changed the bearing on the left tyre of my 806 and the problem resurfaced again. Do you think the problem is with my mechanic or poor quality part.

How long did you use the new one before the issue came back? What exactly is the issue?

Ikenna, The Lion King.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Jeromecqy: 4:31pm On Oct 31, 2015
Ikenna, My problem has not been solved is there anything i can do?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by KOMBE: 8:40pm On Oct 31, 2015
Two months, woooooh, same noise that the made me to discover the faulty bearing. Mech suggests buying a hub rather than changing the bearing.
Ikenna351:

How long did you use the new one before the issue came back? What exactly is the issue?

Ikenna, The Lion King.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:24am On Nov 07, 2015
Jeromecqy:
Ikenna, My problem has not been solved is there anything i can do?

Hello,

As soon as I come up with something, I will let you know.

Ikenna, The Lion King.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by peterjero(m): 10:34pm On Nov 07, 2015
Ikenna351:

Hello,

As soon as I come up with something, I will let you know.

Ikenna, The Lion King.
http://www.filepeep.com/download/2004-peugeot-406-2-0-hdi-st/
Mr Ikenna I think this is for please start looking at diesel powered Peugeot what do you think sir?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by gabng(m): 1:35am On Nov 09, 2015
Ikenna,

Abuja motor fair is on. Abeg help those of us not in your town to feel the sights of it just as you did sometime ago.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 10, 2015
Been a while i popped in here. My fan belt seems to always be an issue. I've changed the rollers and it's either the belt wears out or after a while the new roller begins to give issues. Not sure what is going on. I get peace for 6 months and after then i start thinking of changing the belt or the rollers or both.
Anybody knows what the issue is? It's a 206 by the way.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by bigsam75: 12:57pm On Nov 14, 2015
My peugeot 406 alway pull out fan/alternator belt,pls what is the causes and what can i do?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:38am On Nov 16, 2015
Aqva:
Been a while i popped in here. My fan belt seems to always be an issue. I've changed the rollers and it's either the belt wears out or after a while the new roller begins to give issues. Not sure what is going on. I get peace for 6 months and after then i start thinking of changing the belt or the rollers or both.
Anybody knows what the issue is? It's a 206 by the way.

Either the belt is fake or the auxiliary belt roller/tensioner you have been buying is fake.

Use Dayco brand belt or the geniune Gates brand.

Ikenna, The Lion King.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:42am On Nov 16, 2015
bigsam75:
My peugeot 406 alway pull out fan/alternator belt,pls what is the causes and what can i do?

Same as i pointed out in earlier post.

Ikenna, The Lion King.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:20pm On Nov 19, 2015
I, today, 01/07/2020, intentionally edited and deleted some free vital information I provided in the original post (05/11/2019), which I shared here to benefit those who can't afford my private consultancy services, but have now been removed since the free information is not valued and appreciated.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Jeromecqy: 10:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
just want to ask something

as you can see from previous post, i have a abs issue

my Maxi Fuse for the abs unit is lower that the ratings in the internet but it didn't blow out

will a lower rating fuse(20amp fuse in a 30 amp slot) by any chance cause problem to the abs when the fuse is not blown?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:14am On Nov 21, 2015
I, today, 01/07/2020, intentionally edited and deleted some free vital information I provided in the original post (05/11/2019), which I shared here to benefit those who can't afford my private consultancy services, but have now been removed since the free information is not valued and appreciated.

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by lovetterrison(m): 12:55pm On Nov 21, 2015
Mr Ikenna your tremendous work and how you've been sharing knowledge will keep taking you to the top.

Please help a brother to check this VIN NUMBER; VF32AK6F847659820
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 1:44pm On Nov 21, 2015

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by lovetterrison(m): 4:56pm On Nov 21, 2015
Ikenna351:

I believe you sent me a mail yesterday, right?

Send me another mail, indicating the VIN, so that I can forward the details (images) to you.

My email address is ikenna351@gmail.com. Its written below too.

Ikenna, The Lion King.

Thank you sir. I just got all info

we need more great minded Nigerians like you to attain our vision 2020
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Jeromecqy: 2:15pm On Nov 22, 2015
Ikenna351:

When Alternator is faulty or undercharging battery, the entire injection and ignition components will start malfunctioning because they are receiving less voltage to run properly, including the gadgets like AC, radio,etc, that will start going off or won't run well.

Likewise, I believe same applies to low amp fuse supplying power to a system to requires higher amp. The fuse could get blown, depending on how low the amp is when supplying a system or components that needed higher. Its only logical anyway.

The thing is, 206 owners manual says those Maxi fuses on your BSM ABS slots should be 60 A, but yours have 20 on each. Maybe the 20 A fuses on those slots came as factory, maybe not.

Ikenna, The Lion King.

The point is my fuse dint blow and my abs is malfunctioning could it has been the fuse that has given me problem

Becuz it dint blow so i would say that it is probably a stock 20A fuse and i fear that if i put in a 60/30A fuse in it might short out my electronics

My alternator is good by the way, giving me good voltage and its new
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by kclub83(m): 10:01am On Nov 23, 2015
Ikenna351:
This thread is for Lion owners, aspiring owners, Lion admirers and friends of Lions (former Peugeot owners).

If you are having any issue(s) with your Lion, you can seek for help here on how to sort it out. Someone might have a soluton to the nightmare the Lion is giving you.

We can as well post our experiences with our various Lions; both unhappy and happy ones.

Sometime early this year, very close to my office, I saw a 505 V6 packed in an "under Mango Tree Mechanic workshop". I went there and asked for the owner, for i wanted to see and know another fellow that own such a rare car like mine (505 V6) in Abuja. I was told the owner dropped the car over a week with them and the car was yet to be fixed. I asked what was wrong with the car, the mechanic became uncomfortable why my interest in the car and why i wanted to see the car owner. I explained to him that I own the same version of the 505 which is rare in Nigeria and I would like to know the owner, thats all. Well, he tried to explain to me what was wrong with the car, but he wasnt making sense. So I asked him to allow me to see the engine bay. When he opened the hood, I was shocked! Nearly all the vacuum lines were cut off from their various terminals. Weird! Well, i then asked him to start the car, when he did, i saw what or how the engine was behaving and knew right there the issue: an injection issue. A lot of things were wrong in that engine bay. No matter what the mechanic would tried to do, that issue must remain there, since all he explained to me he had done or replaced had nothing to do with the issue the car was having. In fact, he was creating more problems with his trial and error for that engine. He even replaced the MAF and installed the wrong part number (Luckly, I know the part number off head, since I have a similar car, with identical engine). I tried to get the owners phone number from him, but he wouldnt give me. Instead, he asked me to drop mine, that he would give the car owner whenever he comes, to call me. I made a note on the paper i gave to the mechanic to give to owner where i wrote down my number, explaining reason why i would want to meet with him, believing that the mechanic wouldnt understand what was written. I left them, after i realised that my presence there was no longer welcomed. As suspected, the owner never called because the mechanic would not have given him the note; fear that i want to collect chop from him! For another 3 more weeks, the car remained there at that workshop each time i passed there. At a point, I even forgot about it. 2 months later, i remembered, went back to check and the car was no longer there. Could be that the owner has towed the car to another workshop or only God knows what has happened to that car. This was a car I would have fixed that for person less than 24hrs, without a dime, if i had met him. There is no injection and ignition issue of 505 V6 i cannot fix myself. I have studied and mastered every wire from the 2 ECUs to various sensors, by knowing the function of each wire, sensors and components in that engine bay. I could tell quickly what is wrong with that EFI system and what the culprit would be with a little test with multimeter and test light. I dont need any scanner to diagnose and fix Bosch LH 2-2 Jetronic (EFI system of ZN3J - the PRV V6 engine in 505 V6). I couldnt help the guy because he was unlucky. If we had met in nairaland, he would have been saved from the hands of that clown that was killing the car when i went there. Possibly, he may have scrapped the car by now. Because there is no way that car would run properly with the condition i met it that day. So many wrongs were done in that engine bay.

Lets share our problems here in this thread and possibly get help from ourselves in keeping our Lions on the road as long as it takes.

Ikenna.
thanks for ur contributions on this forum. Pls I have questions. Am using 406 and I usually have problems when changing gear,it stiffs sometimes and I will have to clutch down well before I can be able to change gear. I spoke with my mechanic and he explained the clutch cable is week but confused because the car was converted.could this be the issue.
Also on dashboard screen I discovered a signal besides the airbag signal as if car is not balanced.it just came yesterday and its still showing since then. May I know if u are aware if this signal?
Also, I want to service the engine but my mechanic said I should buy Mobil but confused if I should buy it or go for total as u explained earlier. I will appreciate ur comment.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:51am On Nov 23, 2015
kclub83:
thanks for ur contributions on this forum. Pls I have questions. Am using 406 and I usually have problems when changing gear,it stiffs sometimes and I will have to clutch down well before I can be able to change gear. I spoke with my mechanic and he explained the clutch cable is week but confused because the car was converted.could this be the issue.
Also on dashboard screen I discovered a signal besides the airbag signal as if car is not balanced.it just came yesterday and its still showing since then. May I know if u are aware if this signal?
Also, I want to service the engine but my mechanic said I should buy Mobil but confused if I should buy it or go for total as u explained earlier. I will appreciate ur comment.

Yes, converted driving position Peugeot 406 poorly done will give you that hard gear shifting issue. It's the reason I always suggest to people to go for factory Left Hand Drive Lions, if you really want to enjoy a Lion. However, you could be lucky. Change the cable and see what happens. Or probably the cable was not channeled properly while moving the pedals or steering from Right to left side.

There are two warning signs that look similar to what you described on instrument panel. One is ABS, while the other is ESP (Electronic Stability Program). Though, not a Peugeot 406 have ESP. However, ESP works with ABS. So most times, when a lion ABS has an issue, the ESP will deactivate itself and give you that warning, pending when the ABS is sorted out. Likewise, steering Wheel Angle sensor can trigger that warning sign since it works with ESP too. Howerver, you can reintinalize the steering wheel angle sensor easily, without replacing anything or plugging in any tool. sensor can loose its function when work is done on steering or if steering was not properly mounted especially of driving position converted Lions.

Anyway, the easiest, simplest and fastest way/method to find out what is causing the issues above is to carryout a PP2000 session in the Lion. It takes less than 10 minutes to do that.

Ikenna, The Lion King.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by kclub83(m): 11:59am On Nov 23, 2015
Thanks, I really appreciate. Pls how does steering rack works? Anytime am on gallop the steering shakes badly as if a nut is loose and my mechanic told me it could be steering rack. And how much do you think they sell the steering rack?
Ikenna351:

Yes, converted driving position Peugeot 406 poorly done will give you that hard gear shifting issue. It's the reason I always suggest to people to go for factory Left Hand Drive Lions, if you really want to enjoy a Lion. However, you could be lucky. Change the cable and see what happens. Or probably the cable was not channeled properly while moving the pedals or steering from Right to left side.

There are two warning signs that look similar to what you described on instrument panel. One is ABS, while the other is ESP (Electronic Stability Program). Though, not a Peugeot 406 have ESP. However, ESP works with ABS. So most times, when a lion ABS has an issue, the ESP will deactivate itself and give you that warning, pending when the ABS is sorted out. Likewise, steering Wheel Angle sensor can trigger that warning sign since it works with ESP too. Howerver, you can reintinalize the steering wheel angle sensor easily, without replacing anything or plugging in any tool. sensor can loose its function when work is done on steering or if steering was not properly mounted especially of driving position converted Lions.

Anyway, the easiest, simplest and fastest way/method to find out what is causing the issues above is to carryout a PP2000 session in the Lion. It takes less than 10 minutes to do that.

Ikenna, The Lion King.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by bintudon(f): 12:08pm On Nov 23, 2015
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by bintudon(f): 12:10pm On Nov 23, 2015
I have Peugeot 406 going for 600
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by hotspice29(m): 10:44pm On Nov 23, 2015
[i][/i] hi ikenna, I recently went to inspect a 2005 EW12 407 and noticed a slight kick(very slight its barley noticable) when I engage the auto stick in reverse. The seller says its the rear engine seat(vibration damper) before the bulk head that's the culprit. The ride looks clean enough though I'll still test drive it and, if I get it, bring it over for your diagose. What do you think? If I get it, I'll still have to drive it from kano to kaduna. How will it affect the peformance? Please Help me make a wise decision.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by karaye: 8:21pm On Nov 26, 2015
@IKENNA pls am having 406 for like 4yrs now. But am having in changing to 407 very soon.so I need guidence from you as the type I should go for. As I prefer auto.thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:30pm On Nov 26, 2015
karaye:
@IKENNA pls am having 406 for like 4yrs now. But am having in changing to 407 very soon.so I need guidence from you as the type I should go for. As I prefer auto.thanks

It depends on what you want out of the lion which is your belief system, that is, power & fun or just fun.

So, which of the two are you interested in?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:31pm On Nov 26, 2015
hotspice29:
[i][/i] hi ikenna, I recently went to inspect a 2005 EW12 407 and noticed a slight kick(very slight its barley noticable) when I engage the auto stick in reverse. The seller says its the rear engine seat(vibration damper) before the bulk head that's the culprit. The ride looks clean enough though I'll still test drive it and, if I get it, bring it over for your diagose. What do you think? If I get it, I'll still have to drive it from kano to kaduna. How will it affect the peformance? Please Help me make a wise decision.

It requires physical inspection, which what the dealer said or what you observed are not enough to state the true state of the transmission.

Ikenna, The Lion King.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by karaye: 11:34pm On Nov 26, 2015
Power and fun I believe in
Ikenna351:

It depends on what you want out of the lion which is your belief system, that is, power & fun or just fun.

So, which of the two are you interested in?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by karaye: 7:39am On Nov 27, 2015
I intend to buy used one 407 auto or 607 auto, so what is your do you have for me please as I seriously need it
Thanks.
Ikenna351:

So what type do you have in mind? Brand new or used one?

Ikenna, The Lion King.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 3:37am On Nov 28, 2015

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 3:54am On Nov 28, 2015

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by karaye: 8:58pm On Nov 28, 2015
As I hear v6 what of fuel consumption?

Ikenna351:

Peugeot 607 is more luxurious than Peugeot 407. It all depends on what you want.

Z8 (607 V6 pre-facelift) automatic transmission has 4-speed, while the Z9 (Restyled 607 V6) has 6-speed automatic gearbox, the same in 407 V6.

Both V6 engines in both lions are similar and same (ES9J4S and ES9A).

There has to be one of these 2 lions that you truly would like to have. Because one of them is on your first priority list of happiness, not both. Even if you want or love both, you want one now more than the other. The one that gives you highest excitement, you should go for, for that is your least resistance. Both Lions are good.

Ikenna, The Lion King
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:19am On Nov 29, 2015
karaye:
As I hear v6 what of fuel consumption?

It seems you have a belief holding you back from going for the power and fun you earlier wanted, for you to have asked the above question.

Well, we have 407 Auto transmission with EW12, EW1OJ4 & EW10A & EW7A. You can go for any of the above since they are 4-cylinder petrol engines.

Ikenna, The Lion King.

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.