Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (385494 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:31pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ikenna, Lion King

I, today, 01/07/2020, intentionally edited and deleted some free vital information I provided in the original post (05/11/2019), which I shared here to benefit those who can't afford my private consultancy services, but have now been removed since the free information is not valued and appreciated.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:32pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ikenna, Lion King.

I, today, 01/07/2020, intentionally edited and deleted some free vital information I provided in the original post (05/11/2019), which I shared here to benefit those who can't afford my private consultancy services, but have now been removed since the free information is not valued and appreciated.

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:36pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ikenna, Lion King

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:38pm On Feb 07, 2016
Peugeot Engine: Fuel consumption and engine lifespan

Ikenna, Lion King

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:42pm On Feb 07, 2016
Why do you think you experience Engine Failure, over and over?

Ikenna, Lion King

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by MaziOmenuko: 11:04am On Feb 08, 2016
ikenna,
I dont know if its my browser but none of the link you posted above is opening.

My 206 was flashing the brake failure light warning light at the dashboard with the Stop! sign. I cleared and checked for any possible fault including the hydraulic fluid but couldn't find any. I drove off cautiously and the light didn't show.

5 minutes later, it flashed again, beeped 3 times and went off as I was about to clear off the road. It continued like this, intermittently, until I got to my workplace.

I am considering taking it to a mechanic but don't know exactly what to tell him to lookout for.

Kindly assist.

cc: gazzuzz, siena
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:26am On Feb 08, 2016
MaziOmenuko:
ikenna,

My 206 was flashing the brake failure light warning light at the dashboard with the Stop! sign. I cleared and checked for any possible fault including the hydraulic fluid but couldn't find any. I drove off cautiously and the light didn't show.

5 minutes later, it flashed again, beeped 3 times and went off as I was about to clear off the road. It continued like this, intermittently, until I got to my workplace.

I am considering taking it to a mechanic but don't know exactly what to tell him to lookout for.

Kindly assist.

what is the present level of brake oil in the reservoir?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by MaziOmenuko: 11:55am On Feb 08, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

what is the present level of brake oil in the reservoir?

Just around the 1/4 of the tank, from what my eyes can see, it seems low but there is no calibration in the reservoir to know the required level.

Should I go ahead to top-up?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:58am On Feb 08, 2016
MaziOmenuko:

Just around the 1/4 of the tank, from what my eyes can see, it seems low but there is no calibration in the reservoir to know the required level.

Should I go ahead to top-up?

do not top up, check condition of your front brake pads. Do not ever top up your fluids unelss it is leaking, the brake lights is a notification that somthing is wrong with your brake system, usually the problem is worn out pads.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 08, 2016
MaziOmenuko:
ikenna,
Kindly assist.

I have experienced same in the past with my 206. I topped up my brake fluid and it stopped. However, it could also be caused by faulty brake parts. Try topping up a little, don't overfill. Try it and revert if it stops.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:31pm On Feb 08, 2016
[quote author=Aqva post=42733385]

I have experienced same in the past with my 206. I topped up my brake fluid and it stopped. However, it could also be caused by faulty brake parts. Try topping up a little, don't overfill. Try it and revert if it stops.[/quote

congratulations, now you will not know when your brake pads are worn, unless you physically inspect. ]
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by MaziOmenuko: 7:01pm On Feb 08, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

do not top up, check condition of your front brake pads. Do not ever top up your fluids unelss it is leaking, the brake lights is a notification that somthing is wrong with your brake system, usually the problem is worn out pads.

Aqva:

I have experienced same in the past with my 206. I topped up my brake fluid and it stopped. However, it could also be caused by faulty brake parts. Try topping up a little, don't overfill. Try it and revert if it stops.

I took it to a mechanic this afternoon. He concurred that it would be as a result of brake pads which he said are gradually wearing off. He advised I top up a bit after checking it. I topped it with forte-oil bot 3 fluid. It didn't happen again as I drove back. He also advised that I change the brake pads which I will do soon.

Thanks @gazzuzz.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 2:13am On Feb 09, 2016
MaziOmenuko:

I took it to a mechanic this afternoon. He concurred that it would be as a result of brake pads which he said are gradually wearing off. He advised I top up a bit after checking it. I topped it with forte-oil bot 3 fluid. It didn't happen again as I drove back. He also advised that I change the brake pads which I will do soon.

Thanks @gazzuzz.

You are thanking gazzuz who told u not to top up without acknowledging the one who spoke from experience and asked u to top up.
Anyway, I'm glad it has stopped. Break pads might have caused d leakage but the sensor doesn't trigger for break pad issues but as a result of low fluid.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Chukzyfcb(m): 12:14pm On Feb 09, 2016
I'm very grateful to Mr ikenna who opened this thread coz I'v learnt a lot as a new driver. However, I have often heard about using a scanner to diagonise certain wierd light indicator on the dashboard and I'll like to ask,does this scanner work for only new cars?. Can it work on older versions like a peugot 406? because there's a wierd light always showing on the 406 @ my crib but the mechanics often say : It doesn't mean anything, that we should forget about the light on the dashboard".......I feel indifferent to those words of the mechanic
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by MaziOmenuko: 2:01pm On Feb 09, 2016
Aqva:

You are thanking gazzuz who told u not to top up without acknowledging the one who spoke from experience and asked u to top up.
Anyway, I'm glad it has stopped. Break pads might have caused d leakage but the sensor doesn't trigger for break pad issues but as a result of low fluid.

Lol...thanks for the input, it was helpful and reassuring.

Braking system is one scary stuff especially to me. I will still take it to the mechanic this weekend to have a proper look at the pads: but so far, no light has flashed.

Thanks once again.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:57pm On Feb 10, 2016
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by magze: 8:35am On Feb 14, 2016
Hi guys. I get excited wen reading posts hia. I'm a proud owner of a 407 ew12 engine. Just acquired. Switched over from a BMW. I've got alot of inquiries to make. But gonna read previous posts to see if already treated
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:25pm On Feb 15, 2016
The Lion's Community Members Wedding, 13/02/2016

http://thelioncommunity..com.ng/2016/02/the-lion-community-members-wedding.html

Ikenna, Lion King
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:59pm On Feb 16, 2016
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by laginks: 9:58am On Feb 19, 2016
hi ikenna.. im so happy i stumbled into this thread,,,
i stay in abuja and hubby recently got a 307..
itz been one isue or the other..
stiff steering, 2 doors not opening, stereo suddemly stopped working, etc
please can i get your email address so that i explain further.. mine is laginks@yahoo.com.au. hoping to hear from you
from your pots, you stay in abuja.. i was glad when i also read that..
hubby hasnt been able to get a peugoet mechanic as he says its better to take the car to kaduna ....

Ikenna351:
This thread is for Lion owners, aspiring owners, Lion admirers and friends of Lions (former Peugeot owners).

If you are having any issue(s) with your Lion, you can seek for help here on how to sort it out. Someone might have a soluton to the nightmare the Lion is giving you.

We can as well post our experiences with our various Lions; both unhappy and happy ones.

Sometime early this year, very close to my office, I saw a 505 V6 packed in an "under Mango Tree Mechanic workshop". I went there and asked for the owner, for i wanted to see and know another fellow that own such a rare car like mine (505 V6) in Abuja. I was told the owner dropped the car over a week with them and the car was yet to be fixed. I asked what was wrong with the car, the mechanic became uncomfortable why my interest in the car and why i wanted to see the car owner. I explained to him that I own the same version of the 505 which is rare in Nigeria and I would like to know the owner, thats all. Well, he tried to explain to me what was wrong with the car, but he wasnt making sense. So I asked him to allow me to see the engine bay. When he opened the hood, I was shocked! Nearly all the vacuum lines were cut off from their various terminals. Weird! Well, i then asked him to start the car, when he did, i saw what or how the engine was behaving and knew right there the issue: an injection issue. A lot of things were wrong in that engine bay. No matter what the mechanic would tried to do, that issue must remain there, since all he explained to me he had done or replaced had nothing to do with the issue the car was having. In fact, he was creating more problems with his trial and error for that engine. He even replaced the MAF and installed the wrong part number (Luckly, I know the part number off head, since I have a similar car, with identical engine). I tried to get the owners phone number from him, but he wouldnt give me. Instead, he asked me to drop mine, that he would give the car owner whenever he comes, to call me. I made a note on the paper i gave to the mechanic to give to owner where i wrote down my number, explaining reason why i would want to meet with him, believing that the mechanic wouldnt understand what was written. I left them, after i realised that my presence there was no longer welcomed. As suspected, the owner never called because the mechanic would not have given him the note; fear that i want to collect chop from him! For another 3 more weeks, the car remained there at that workshop each time i passed there. At a point, I even forgot about it. 2 months later, i remembered, went back to check and the car was no longer there. Could be that the owner has towed the car to another workshop or only God knows what has happened to that car. This was a car I would have fixed that for person less than 24hrs, without a dime, if i had met him. There is no injection and ignition issue of 505 V6 i cannot fix myself. I have studied and mastered every wire from the 2 ECUs to various sensors, by knowing the function of each wire, sensors and components in that engine bay. I could tell quickly what is wrong with that EFI system and what the culprit would be with a little test with multimeter and test light. I dont need any scanner to diagnose and fix Bosch LH 2-2 Jetronic (EFI system of ZN3J - the PRV V6 engine in 505 V6). I couldnt help the guy because he was unlucky. If we had met in nairaland, he would have been saved from the hands of that clown that was killing the car when i went there. Possibly, he may have scrapped the car by now. Because there is no way that car would run properly with the condition i met it that day. So many wrongs were done in that engine bay.

Lets share our problems here in this thread and possibly get help from ourselves in keeping our Lions on the road as long as it takes.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:26pm On Feb 19, 2016
laginks:
hi ikenna.. im so happy i stumbled into this thread,,,
i stay in abuja and hubby recently got a 307..
itz been one isue or the other..
stiff steering, 2 doors not opening, stereo suddemly stopped working, etc
please can i get your email address so that i explain further.. mine is laginks@yahoo.com.au. hoping to hear from you
from your pots, you stay in abuja.. i was glad when i also read that..
hubby hasnt been able to get a peugoet mechanic as he says its better to take the car to kaduna ....

thelioncommunity@gmail.com

Ikenna, Lion King.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:27pm On Feb 19, 2016
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:34pm On Feb 22, 2016
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Valentine73(m): 4:42pm On Feb 27, 2016
Please what's the current price for 206 bonnet and fender? I'd really appreciate your answer.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:07am On Feb 28, 2016

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by MaziOmenuko: 12:48pm On Feb 29, 2016
***Update***

MaziOmenuko:

Aqva:

You are thanking gazzuzz who told u not to top up without acknowledging the one who spoke from experience and asked u to top up.

Had the car thoroughly checked a week later. The mechanic insisted my brakepads was very okk and would last me for another 4 months. I wanted to insist he change them but he sounded very convincing.

Then he checked the brake system at the back wheel (pictured) and there lies the problem: What he described as the brake pot was leaking brake fluidl inside the back wheel and that was the cause of the intermittent shortage of brake fluid and the warning signal.

I had it changed for N3,000 (I dont know the price, I am suspecting my kazeem must have bought it cheaper but I let him be, more grateful that we were able to pin-point the issue).

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 01, 2016
MaziOmenuko:
***Update***

Had the car thoroughly checked a week later. The mechanic insisted my brakepads was very okk and would last me for another 4 months. I wanted to insist he change them but he sounded very convincing.

Then he checked the brake system at the back wheel (pictured) and there lies the problem: What he described as the brake pot was leaking brake fluidl inside the back wheel and that was the cause of the intermittent shortage of brake fluid and the warning signal.

I had it changed for N3,000 (I dont know the price, I am suspecting my kazeem must have bought it cheaper but I let him be, more grateful that we were able to pin-point the issue).

Thanks for the update. I think the price is fair.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by rozey247(m): 9:16am On Mar 03, 2016
I am happy 2hav got my first lion 406 d8 model and hav to admit i am enjoying these car above expectation.
But i am having a fear about the engine operating temperature. It sometimes hit the 100°C mark when driving withing town or stays inbetween 90°C and 100°C
Most of the time. Please is that normal I also observed that sometimes after a running around with the car and i off the engine, the radiator fan keeps rolling continuesly for long on its own b4 it get off again. Is that also normal And i need to know how to guage the radiator water/coolant level?
God bless you ikenna the lion king!
Below are d pix of d new baby

1 Share

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Crixie(m): 10:06am On Mar 03, 2016
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Crixie(m): 10:07am On Mar 03, 2016
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Crixie(m): 8:32pm On Mar 07, 2016
??
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Matthew223: 11:15am On Mar 29, 2016
I need help with my 607 automatic the car don't enter drive or don't go back too they said is the gearbox I advice your advise.

I it possible to call me or can I get a number to reach you for better explanation there's a symbol showing on the dashboard what can I do to fix it

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.