Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,471 members, 7,850,630 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:21 AM

Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving (26702 Views)

What Is Wrong With This Picture Of Ribadu And Jonathan? / Just 8 Years Out Of Power-is That Governor Nnamani? / The Nigerian Police Force Is Improving. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 3:47pm On Jul 31, 2012
porka:

It is not yet upto what we need or want, but electricity supply in Nigeria is improving.

It may be due to many factors, e.g. rainy season, when hydro-dams are full, we await the dry season to verify that.

But is has improved. It is a FACT.

Again, you don't get to tack on the word 'fact' to the end of anything you say. Compared to what we had, it is NO FACT that the situation as improved. If anything, we are lower than where we were in January of 2012. The fact is the numbers do not agree with your claim. We are currently lower on average than we were in , say February 2012, January 2012, in December 2011, in September 2011 (note these are dates I am able to somewhat verify average generation/outs into grid for ).

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by SisiKill1: 3:52pm On Jul 31, 2012
agabaI23: We are not celebrating mediocrity. We are only happy there is a significant improvement where there was none. Assuming you have a daughter whose position has been 40th in a class of 40 and in the last exam her position changes from 40 to 30, because you changed her private teacher, what will be your assessment of her performance? A. Has Improved B. Has Not improved
Will you be happy that something has changed or not? I am sure as a good parent you will tell her you have done better but this is not the destination. That is what we are saying. Power has shifted from last position. We are not celebrating it. We acknowledging what we have experienced. That is not a celebration of mediocrity.

If my daughter has consistently come 40th out of 40th. . .then yes I would see 30th as improvement.

However that is not the case here, power supply has been erratic. . .Good for 5 days, horrible for another 10, beyond horrible for another 20 then we have another 10 days of half current, 4 days quarter current, no current for 12 days and high current for 1 min (because all your bulb have exploded as a result) Let's even talk of the days where the current is at the highest, you have to shut everything off so you don't get electrocuted.

So going back to the scenario with my daughter. . .If she has been all over the place with her results like the Power Supply, NO WAY IN HELL I will be applauding any change until it lasts longer than the all the previous changes.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 31, 2012
agabaI23: Both the effort of the teacher and the motivation from the mother is needed. The motivation here is the acknowledgement. From your answer, I guess you have inadvertently accepted there is an improvement. So you chose option A. Now answer the second question. Will you be happy?

But is the improvement going to be consistent or was it just random?

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 3:56pm On Jul 31, 2012
[size=13pt]If Child A consistently comes 40th out of 40 . . . but after coaching, and maybe counselling, improves to position 30, that is considered is a record-able, and verifiable improvement.

However, if the same Child A, after attaining and maintaining 30th place out of 40 [/b]for a period of time, comes back at the end of one term in [b]36th out of 40 place, that is not an improvement. I don't care if the teacher's comment when handing the child's Report Card to you was "Child A smiles more these day, and draws smiley pictures too", that is not an improvement. More-so when we consider the Billions of Dollars of our money being spent on this still[/size].

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by aljharem(m): 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2012
tooooooo much lies by GEJ psychos.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by stunna2(m): 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2012
Y'ALL CAN KEEP CELEBRATING MEDEOCRITY AND BE SUFFERING AND SMILING...NONESENSE!!

wait, umma go get a drum and put on some agbada so we can go out and celebrate on the streets, okay folks...but wait a minute; I was in Naija a few weeks ago, the electricity situation is as it was 20 years ago!!! Wtf

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by aljharem(m): 4:00pm On Jul 31, 2012
$tunna:
Y'ALL CAN KEEP CELEBRATING MEDEOCRITY AND BE SUFFERING AND SMILING...NONESENSE!!

Are you minding the mumu's

I wish I was never a Nigerian, probably an American or something. Nigerians from the comments read here have very low IQs

The immediate money the politicians are giving them is worth more than the long term benefit of calling for accountability.

Others just support cuz of ethnic bigotry. How stu.pid can a man be ? well ask dedeike and co
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by ubandire(m): 4:06pm On Jul 31, 2012
alj harem:

I wish I was never a Nigerian, probably an American or something. Nigerians from the comments read here have very low IQs

The immediate money the politicians are giving them is worth more than the long term benefit of calling for accountability.

Others just support cuz of ethnic bigotry. How stu.pid can a man be ? well ask dedeike and co

Have u ever been a Nigerian?God forsaken fool.you would always open ur trash to churn out rubbish,see the kinda talk someone who wants to be taken serious indulges in,i always take u to the cleaners cos ur useless,careless and unguarded comments,Who gives a hoot if u r Nigerian or not?,HOPELESS LOSER!
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by aljharem(m): 4:11pm On Jul 31, 2012
ubandire:

Have u ever been a Nigerian?God forsaken fool.you would always open ur trash to churn out rubbish,see the kinda talk someone who wants to be taken serious indulges in,i always take u to the cleaners cos ur useless,careless and unguarded comments,Who gives a hoot if u r Nigerian or not?,HOPELESS LOSER!

LOL another iddeiot is out. LOOOOOOOOOOOOL YOU, BEAF, GEJ GOONS AND UR USELESS LEADERS/POLITICIANS THAT HAVE BRIBED U ARE IDEIOTS AND CURSE.

All the money you have collected/ tribal reasons for the death of millions of nigerians through lack of sympathy would follow iddeeiots like you and ur leaders.

Now go die grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by aljharem(m): 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2012
ubandire

Oh u be Igbo biafran sef, that explains a lot

grin grin grin grin grin grin I rest my case
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by aljharem(m): 4:19pm On Jul 31, 2012
this is how the same iddeiotic people have been lying to us about road construction "massive" road construction by GEJ goons

see road being massively constructed

www.nairaland.com/attachments/773094_Corp0437_jpg52bebb1ec15f938da80880e32028e3ad
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by dougivilla(m): 4:22pm On Jul 31, 2012
Kobojunkie: [size=13pt]If Child A consistently comes 40th out of 40 . . . but after coaching, and maybe counselling, improves to position 30, that is considered is a record-able, and verifiable improvement.

However, if the same Child A, after attaining and maintaining 30th place out of 40 [/b]for a period of time, comes back at the end of one term in [b]36th out of 40 place, that is not an improvement. I don't care if the teacher's comment when handing the child's Report Card to you was "Child A smiles more these day, and draws smiley pictures too", that is not an improvement [/size]
A paid agent of doom is not expected 2 see anything good in the one she has been paid 2 run down. I wonder hw much u earn from ur paymaster that would keep u glued 2 ur system/phone to be responding to every view that does'nt agree wit urs, whether they are made every second, minute or hour; or are ur responses auto generated. If u're not some programed robot or computer then ur paymaster must be proud of u. U're at least gainfully engaged.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by ubandire(m): 4:23pm On Jul 31, 2012
Kobojunkie: [size=13pt]If Child A consistently comes 40th out of 40 . . . but after coaching, and maybe counselling, improves to position 30, that is considered is a record-able, and verifiable improvement.

However, if the same Child A, after attaining and maintaining 30th place out of 40 [/b]for a period of time, comes back at the end of one term in [b]36th out of 40 place, that is not an improvement. I don't care if the teacher's comment when handing the child's Report Card to you was "Child A smiles more these day, and draws smiley pictures too", that is not an improvement. More-so when we consider the Billions of Dollars of our money being spent on this still[/size].

Since I realised u are simply a paid apologist of the destroy Nigeria group,I've stopped taking u serious,I doubt if this is not the only job u do cos u can't always be online talking rubbish and spreading falsehood and ignorance if u are not paid to do it.

That a member of this forum simply brought his observation to the floor,all u can do is rally ur fellow flops to insult him and others who agree with him,well I've always known u to be like that,just that am surprised that u've done it like ur life depends on it,but on a second thought as ur name implies u simply a JUNKIE for crumbs.Go get a life cos earning cheap pay out of malicious and false propaganda wouldn't augur well with u.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by stunna2(m): 4:24pm On Jul 31, 2012
alj harem:

My guy, this is why I say the problem with Nigeria is Nigerians themselves!! A city like Toronto in Canada generate and use more electricity that the whole of 160million Nigerians generate and use...and we are supposed believe that things have improved!?!

But if on the other hand Nigerians where like the rest of earthlings, they would have came here and say..."hey guys...since the new 3000megawatts generating power station came online I have seen a huge difference in our area big time and then the rest of us would say congatulations...it's about time!!"

But NO, just as you want us to mindlessly celebrate when y'all boast of ur riches with NO known source...you want us to join the celebration of a none existent power sector improvement!! ...right?
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by jmaine: 4:26pm On Jul 31, 2012
alj harem: this is how the same iddeiotic people have been lying to us about road construction "massive" road construction by GEJ goons

www.nairaland.com/attachments/773094_Corp0437_jpg52bebb1ec15f938da80880e32028e3ad

Did Dedeike mention that road in all his post's . .You see as you wan mess up yaself together with all your comments on this thread . . . .

so all men saying the stark truth here are GEJ psychos while lying head strong cynics like you should be termed what ? . . . .
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by aljharem(m): 4:26pm On Jul 31, 2012
$tunna:

My guy, this is why I say the problem with Nigeria is Nigerians themselves!! A city like Toronto in Canada generate and use more electricity that the whole of 160million Nigerians generate and use...and we are supposed believe that things have improved!?!

But if on the other hand Nigerians where like the rest of earthlings, they would have came here and say..."hey guys...since the new 3000megawatts generating power station came online I have seen a huge difference in our area big time and then the rest of us would say congatulations...it's about time!!"

But NO, just as you want us to mindlessly celebrate when y'all boast of ur riches with NO known source...you want us to join the celebration of a none existent power sector improvement!! ...right?

My brother you have said it all. I dey vex as this people dey lie cuz I no get light right now. I dey vex gan !!! grin
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by aljharem(m): 4:29pm On Jul 31, 2012
jmaine:

Did Dedeike mention that road in all his post's . .You see as you wan mess up yaself together with all your comments on this post . . . .

so all men saying the stark truth here are GEJ psychos while people like you should be termed what . . . .

Oga jmaine leave me alone for now, I dey vex. In fact I forgot to add, I went to bini city about 4 weeks ago the road never change o so maybe papabrown would explain.

All I observe is a section of the road leading to bini city (not the way back) is been contructed. The Ore road itself is horrible.

c'mon it is unfair to say something only for people on the net to find out it is a lie. It is very very annoying and disheartening.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 4:30pm On Jul 31, 2012
dougivilla: A paid agent of doom is not expected 2 see anything good in the one she has been paid 2 run down. I wonder hw much u earn from ur paymaster that would keep u glued 2 ur system/phone to be responding to every view that does'nt agree wit urs, whether they are made every second, minute or hour; or are ur responses auto generated. If u're not some programed robot or computer then ur paymaster must be proud of u. U're at least gainfully engaged.

Still nothing in the way of an intelligent rebuttal even to that simple scenario put forth there?

Well. . . At least you agree that I am doing a good job getting my point across. And I understand that a certain breed of Nigerians are allergic to the truth, even when it is in their face. The true is ewo to them, and that works for me. But spare the ramblings please.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 4:34pm On Jul 31, 2012
alj harem: this is how the same iddeiotic people have been lying to us about road construction "massive" road construction by GEJ goons

That is massive construction project a la Nigeria for you now, Why you go come deny that one? See the width of the road self, that one na 4 lanes each side. No need for gutter/drainage, we want make we fit redo all of that road ,call am road construction, and get budget money for it again next year. Check out the smoothness of the ride, especially in the rain. That is a ROAD construction project by Nigerian level and it is massive.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by jmaine: 4:39pm On Jul 31, 2012
alj harem:

Oga jmaine leave me alone for now, I dey vex. In fact I forgot to add, I went to bini city about 4 weeks ago the road never change o so maybe papabrown would explain.

All I observe is a section of the road leading to bini city (not the way back) is been contructed. The Ore road itself is horrible.

c'mon it is unfair to say something only for people on the net to find out it is a lie. It is very very annoying and disheartening.

Taaa no dey lie for there . .No be four hours you take reach benin from Lagos . . .lie make i hear you angry . . .we all know that road is 70- 80% complete . .a far cry from previous years where a 4 hrs took 7- 9 hrs . . . . No dey give anybody zobo

as per the light issue . .My area for mainland dey blaze . .call your contacts sharply ask them

No point lying unreasonably bruv . . . .though the Ikorodu axis has serious issues as we speak . . .
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by aljharem(m): 4:52pm On Jul 31, 2012
jmaine:

Taaa no dey lie for there . .No be four hours you take reach benin from Lagos . . .lie make i hear you angry . . .we all know that road is 70- 80% complete . .a far cry from previous years where a 4 hrs took 7- 9 hrs . . . . No dey give anybody zobo

as per the light issue . .My area for mainland dey blaze . .call your contacts sharply ask them

No point lying unreasonably bruv . . . .though the Ikorodu axis has serious issues as we speak . . .

Me lie grin grin grin grin

Ikorodu even festac get road issues. Oga Jamine what we are talking about here are federal roads. I went for a burial in bini city and it is nothing to write home about. I really should have taken the pictures.

No worries as fowl yansh open for Onisha road , na how we go see for the bini ore one. Enu e la wa e !
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by jmaine: 5:14pm On Jul 31, 2012
alj harem:

Me lie grin grin grin grin

Ikorodu even festac get road issues. Oga Jmaine what we are talking about here are federal roads. I went for a burial in bini city and it is nothing to write home about. I really should have taken the pictures.

No worries as fowl yansh open for Onisha road , na how we go see for the bini ore one. Enu e la wa e !

Bros na light me bin dey yarn about ooh as per Ikorodu reference !!! ikorodu axis dey suffer light wahala seriously . . . Heard, they have serious issues with transmission facilities in their area . . . .

but for you to talk say peeps wey dey testify about steady light dey lie mean say na you dey lie . . .cos everyone on this thread can't be lying over simple glaring fact . .power supply no dey hide . . .

P:S ===> which Onitcha road foul nyash open undecided . .. . .meanwhile, how many hours you spend go benin from Lagos . . .say the truth and shame the devil grin
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by philip0906(m): 5:20pm On Jul 31, 2012
[size=18pt]Electricity Rationing has always been the case in Nigeria(from the 60s), no big deal. While u are screaming about "improvement", many others aren't. We can only scream Hurray, when every nook and crany of the country can attest 2 it, for now, its a mirage.[/size]
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Johndoe100(m): 5:29pm On Jul 31, 2012
All the way from...........?

Tell us where you are and what the light situation is in your area, if you can't shut the eff up.

philip0906: [size=18pt]Electricity Rationing has always been the case in Nigeria(from the 60s), no big deal. While u are screaming about "improvement", many others aren't. We can only scream Hurray, when every nook and crany of the country can attest 2 it, for now, its a mirage.[/size]
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by philip0906(m): 5:33pm On Jul 31, 2012
Johndoe100: All the way from...........?

Tell us where you are and what the light situation is in your area, if you can't shut the eff up.

fella. . .stop bitting ur fingers hard.Nigeria is generating 2700 megawatts daily, that ain't even enough 4 Lagos.So u are yet 2 tell us how d magic happened?
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Bawss1(m): 5:42pm On Jul 31, 2012
Are people still braying about 3 straight days of electricity?
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by philip0906(m): 5:43pm On Jul 31, 2012
Bawss1: Are people still braying about 3 straight days of electricity?
are u omnipotent, 2 know if i enjoyed 5 hours of electricity supply? undecided
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by SisiKill1: 7:13pm On Jul 31, 2012
philip0906:
are u omnipotent, 2 know if i enjoyed 5 hours of electricity supply? undecided

Dude, relax yourself. . .he wasn't addressing you.

Meeeeeanwhile, see as these lazy Indians are already "crippled" by what what we endure everyday.

Some people just aren't cut out for life in darkness

Half of India Crippled by Second Day of Power Failures

It's when the lines are down you know who is what.

“I have asked my officers to penalize those states which are drawing more power than their quota,” Mr. Shinde said.

This sounds suspiciously like what a certain someone will say.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by RichDad1(m): 7:33pm On Jul 31, 2012
ose_o:

I have been back in Nigeria for 2+ years and i have not experienced power this constant for up to a week in any month. so i dont know about your "august break" theory
Check previous post about Electricity improving in Nigeria in previous threads and see if the time frame doesn't fall between August to September.I am giving you a month and come back to this thread if the same can be said about electricity again.I still stand by my word that this wont last for more than a MONTH.So enjoy it while it last cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by onthefence: 7:36pm On Jul 31, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Dude, relax yourself. . .he wasn't addressing you.

Meeeeeanwhile, see as these lazy Indians are already "crippled" by what what we endure everyday.

Some people just aren't cut out for life in darkness angry angry

Half of India Crippled by Second Day of Power Failures

It's when the lines are down you know who is what. cool cool

This sounds suspiciously like what a certain someone will say. cheesy

Celebrate the positive steps of your country and leave the Indians alone. You people can't just stand being happy.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Jakumo(m): 7:47pm On Jul 31, 2012
It is no secret that Nigeria is blessed with really appalling roads, and that there is a lot of buck-passing between state and federal governments, regarding who ought to have fixed which stretch of highway. With thanks to the irate gentleman who has been so busy repeatedly posting photographs of bad roads in Nigeria, it is pertinent to mention that the subject of this thread is whether or not Nigeria's once abysmal electrical power shortfall has shown signs of abatement, especially as government's plans to privatize that sector gather pace.

From the vast majority of the less wordy responses to this question, it is safe to assume that Johnny B. Goode's comprehensive purge of the Nigerian power sector employee cadre, in conjunction with the federal initiative to privatize the national power grid, is reaping dividends already, lighting up cities, towns and villages across the length and breadth of Nigeria.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by SisiKill1: 8:04pm On Jul 31, 2012
onthefence:

Celebrate the positive steps of your country and leave the Indians alone. You people can't just stand being happy.

Dude when I leave work for home, I know for SURE that there will be light. I know there won't be any surprises, like watching a movie and the screen going blank at the most interesting part. There is no fear of tripping down the stairs because the lights suddenly go off in mid-step.

I am not saying these things to "show off", it is just to show you that there is nothing to be unhappy about. So when you guys throw out words and phrases like Jealousy, doomed, can't stand to be happy. . .you leave us wondering if maybe there isn't a little projecting going on here. In case you don't know what that means. . .this is when you imagine what you are really feeling is being felt by someone else.

So tell me, are you feeling doomed? Are you unhappy? Talk to me. cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Professor Dora Akunyili's Last Public Speech (Madam Honesty) / Amaechi, Obasanjo, Peterside At A Conference In Lagos. Photos / Highlights Of Buhari’s Meeting With Putin At The Russia-african Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.