Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,676 members, 7,851,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:53 PM

Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving (26703 Views)

What Is Wrong With This Picture Of Ribadu And Jonathan? / Just 8 Years Out Of Power-is That Governor Nnamani? / The Nigerian Police Force Is Improving. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by blackbeau1(f): 10:54am On Jul 31, 2012
as much as i actually enjoy reading the 'crucify Jona 'comments,i think we should at least give credit where due.I shuttle between Akwa Ibom,Cross River And Portharcourt.I must say that for the past three months,at those three different locations,light has been better than before.at least we have light sixteen hours a day as opposed to the former practice of no light for two to thhree days
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by dougivilla(m): 11:32am On Jul 31, 2012
black_beau: as much as i actually enjoy reading the 'crucify Jona 'comments,i think we should at least give credit where due.I shuttle between Akwa Ibom,Cross River And Portharcourt.I must say that for the past three months,at those three different locations,light has been better than before.at least we have light sixteen hours a day as opposed to the former practice of no light for two to thhree days
Thats right. Plus GEJ really understands his followers. Remember what he said @ d media chat: 'the media insults will increase but for a short while, after which Nigerians (like the Bayelsans, when i was governor), would start singing a different tune'. If we continually feel positive impacts of governance, why won't we sing d tunes, à la Jona?
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 11:48am On Jul 31, 2012
Ozichim:

Jakumo; I don't know if you ar been ironical, but any sincere Nigerian should feel bad when you see anybody been maltreated or marginalized. Though there is light in my area, but a trek-able distance from my place doesn't have light just because of some wicked individual. This people deliberately want to surfer people in that area.
What I'm telling is that SHELL Petroleum is in full operation in this same area that does not have light and they are busy flaring gas un-interruptedly.
If I have my way there is no way I will allow SHELL to continue to operate in those areas. SHELL cannot even repair the roads in those areas. Visit areas were Total, ExonMobile & Chevron are operating and U will see D different.
All I'm saying is that the right thing should be done. This people should be integrated into national Electric network. In Obigbo U need only to walk around & U will be seeing so many live Oil wells, I don't even know so many of them. Shell has drilled Oil in this Obigbo for more than 40years yet Obigbo have nothing to boast about Shell operation in their vicinity. They only put tap water in few selected areas, which many people don't use because water is not an issue in Obigbo.

Shell also operate AFAM Power Plant, Whatever policy or JUJU that is stopping PHCN/SHELL/Rivers Govtnor from connection Obigbo/Umuebulu to enjoy steady power with AfAM people should be revoked or exterminated. Something has to be done, I know some good people in this forum may hear this complain and take it to the appropriate person for action. This is D complain in every bodies lips in this area.

OMGosh!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I was wondering when that one became Power expert/Spokesperson for the department of power!! ROLFMAO!!
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 11:50am On Jul 31, 2012
This is a comment from September 2011 . . . I guess August 2012 . . common sense has flown out the windows . . .

Rhino.5dm:
. . .Put out the facts and figures in generation and distrubution of power or any source to back up your claim.

Not this rob peter and pay paul. . .Giving Lagos light and taking it away from kaduna wont prove anything other than deciet and lies,
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 12:00pm On Jul 31, 2012
Bawss1: Remember this thread anyone?

https://www.nairaland.com/768444/think-nepa-improved-true-false

The thread thread above was from[size=13pt] September 2011[/size] . . . when according to Barth Nnaji

The Minister of Power, Professor Bart Nnaji, who disclosed this on in Abuja, praised the determination of the Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) of the nation’s generation and distribution companies[b] who have pushed generation beyond 4005 megawatts excluding the 268MW spilling reserves the first in the Nation’s history.[/b]

The Minister added, “So do your absolute best not to fail the nation. We are aware that gas is being supplied to the plants to a certain measure, and I will request thatyou alert me if there are challenges along the way.”

[size=14pt]Government had announced a ‘remarkable’ increase last week when the nation attained the highest quantum of power ever generated in its history when about 3,982.7 megawatts was fed into the national grid, with 260MW maintained as spinning reserve for system stability.
[/size]
Nnaji pointed out that, “There are credible reports of a noticeable improvement in power supply in many parts of the country. We are expecting an additional 10MW from the Delta Power Station in Ughelli, Delta State, this month, plus 120MW later in the year thus bringing the quantum of power from this plant to 470MW.
http://sweetcrudereports.com/2011/09/27/nigeria-to-mark-51st-anniversary-with-4273mw-electricity-generation/

[size=14pt]As of July 29th 2012 however, average Generation/fed into the same National grid is set at about 2700MW[/size]. What an improvement, over the same period last year, right??

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by debosky(m): 12:13pm On Jul 31, 2012
Kobojunkie:
[size=14pt]As of July 29th 2012 however, average Generation/fed into the same National grid is set at about 2700MW[/size]. What an improvement, over the same period last year, right??

The allafrica report you quoted dated 29th of July refers to a CIBN bankers' nite held on the 18th of July, hence it is unlikely be reporting average generation as of 29th July 2012. Secondly, the article does not attribute its estimate to any source, neither does it say when this average was achieved. At best it can be inferred that those were the generation sources presented during the bankers' nite.

The report from PHCN (who actually generate the power) on the 24th of July gives power generation as 3800MW.

While 3800MW is not an improvement over 3,982MW reported last year, it is an improvement over the May generation figures of just over 3,000 MW.

It all depends on the frame of reference here.

Secondly, it is not clear whether any transmission and distribution improvements have occurred between September 2011 and July 2012 - which may or may not have an impact on the actual quantity distributed.

As a result the only conclusive statement from available figures is that generation hasn't improved compared to September 2011 - the quantity distributed may have changed, or may not - that information is currently unavailable.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by ABAKA72(m): 12:13pm On Jul 31, 2012
Kobojunkie: [size=14pt]How can electricity in the country have improved when

a) Transmission problems have yet to be tackled

b) Generation has fallen back down over the last couple of months. It is estimated to be about 2700MW on average per day, today.How can that be an improvement from more than 3900MW we were told of about December of last year
[/size]

na juju
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

If your goal is to rejoice that that power supply has improved(a la increase in power rations to your area at this time) in your tiny are of your state, go right ahead and do just that. However, when you want to speak of Power at the National level, at least visit the facts rather than come off sounding like another of the many empty-brains out there who feels that as long as they have electricity in their home, all is well in NIGERIA.
It would benefit us as a whole if we outgrew this selfish way of analyzing issues and situations.
mr man be rational, when NEPA or PHCN was giving us statistis of improved power supply, we told them to go to hell because we are not getting power supply in our homes. Now NEPA have started suppling us power instead of statistics, you still want us to condemn them. From imformation reaching me from different sources in my village, they are getting an average of 18 hrs power supply 24/7 for the past 3 months likewise were I stay in Abuja. Now if you think the above is not improvement then you are too far from social realities, and if you want me to deny improvement in power supply because you don't like NEPA, then go get your head examined by a shrink because you have lost it. The thread simply want to know if there is improvdment in power supply in your area and you are here posting trash.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by dougivilla(m): 12:15pm On Jul 31, 2012
Kobojunkie:

The thread thread above was from[size=13pt] September 2011[/size] . . . when according to Barth Nnaji

So wats d point u're trying 2 make? We are less concerned about d associated jargons. What i know is once i was blind, now i can see. Keep calculating d megawatts while we enjoy uniterrupted power supply.

2 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 12:24pm On Jul 31, 2012
debosky:

The allafrica report you quoted dated 29th of July refers to a CIBN bankers' nite held on the 18th of July, hence it is unlikely be reporting average generation as of 29th July 2012. Secondly, the article does not attribute its estimate to any source, neither does it say when this average was achieved. At best it can be inferred that those were the generation sources presented during the bankers' nite.

The report from PHCN (who actually generate the power) on the 24th of July gives power generation as 3800MW.

While 3800MW is not an improvement over 3,982MW reported last year, it is an improvement over the May generation figures of just over 3,000 MW.

It all depends on the frame of reference here.

Secondly, it is not clear whether any transmission and distribution improvements have occurred between September 2011 and July 2012 - which may or may not have an impact on the actual quantity distributed.

As a result the only conclusive statement from available figures is that generation hasn't improved compared to September 2011 - the quantity distributed may have changed, or may not - that information is currently unavailable.

a) The AllAfrica report gives you an idea of what the daily average is, something many other reports don't really give. We know by now that generation capacity is not the same as amount generated and put into the grid daily.
On source, most of the articles never do that so I don't understand why you expect that to be a requirement at this point. Since PHCN does not provide me that information directly, I and millions, are forced to accept what is offered us in the media. In the AllAfrica report, someone is quoted, but If you have a better source for the data, please share it.

b) The person who started this thread said nothing of measuring improvement from may or june or whenever. Since no frame of reference was suggested, I don't know why you feel this useless data will help me, Since I already decided on what to consider instead.

c) Since the average daily output to the grid is what matters, technically transmission and distribution improvements don't matter much here. I have not read of any and I have not chosen to focus on that either.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2012
dougivilla: So wats d point u're trying 2 make? We are less concerned about d associated jargons. What i know is once i was blind, now i can see. Keep calculating d megawatts while we enjoy uniterrupted power supply.

I didn't calculate anything. I simply posted what the Minister said was attained back in 2011 and what we are told is the case today. If that went over your head, then it is OK because I expect some will miss it.

2 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 12:29pm On Jul 31, 2012
ABAKA72: mr man be rational, when NEPA or PHCN was giving us statistis of improved power supply, we told them to go to hell because we are not getting power supply in our homes. Now NEPA have started suppling us power instead of statistics, you still want us to condemn them. From imformation reaching me from different sources in my village, they are getting an average of 18 hrs power supply 24/7 for the past 3 months likewise were I stay in Abuja. Now if you think the above is not improvement then you are too far from social realities, and if you want me to deny improvement in power supply because you don't like NEPA, then go get your head examined by a shrink because you have lost it. The thread simply want to know if there is improvdment in power supply in your area and you are here posting trash.

There are Nigerians on this same thread too telling you to go to hell with your claim of improvement as their situation has actually changed for the worse. Go back through the page and read for yourself.

To claim that things have improved, wouldn't that need to apply across the board? That is why I would rather consult the numbers than pick and chose which opinions to consider valid and which not to.

2 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Jakumo(m): 12:49pm On Jul 31, 2012
ZUBY77:

Jakumo, i need thoae good stuff you are smoking.
Is it the Skunk, or the white widow or the Thai weed. Which one?

If you happened to have spotted me emerging from Amsterdam coffee shops, or inspecting the red-light district of that town, I was only there on a fact-finding mission, to monitor and chronicle the decline of Western Civilization.

Returning to the tremendous improvements in Nigeria's electrical power supply, as recorded by the Johnny B. Goode government, I must caution readers here that my renegade run-away bride-from-hell, the ever-dastardly Mrs. Kobojunkie of the ROFLMAO fame, is once again on the loose, and must be apprehended and brought back into my safe custody by all means possible. In return I promise that she will be tied up in the basement around the clock, with no internet access until such time as she repents and seeks forgiveness for all her shocking sins while on the lam.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by plazmakite(m): 12:50pm On Jul 31, 2012
The Power situation has improved before in the past only to nose dive Nigerians into a deep pit of darkness. So let us hope that this new improvement would get from better to best so that the next generation of our children will never have any reason to shout "up NEPA".
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by ABAKA72(m): 12:51pm On Jul 31, 2012
Kobojunkie: Are we already calling Manitoba's takeover an [b]improvement [/b]even before the day has ended? shocked
majority of posters from different locations are testifing to improvement in power supply, this is not isoleted development. The truth is, THERE IS IMPROVED POWER SUPPLY, PERIOD. you are probably not a fool, so stop presenting yourself as one.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 12:57pm On Jul 31, 2012
ABAKA72: majority of posters from different locations are testifing to improvement in power supply, this is not isoleted development. The truth is, THERE IS IMPROVED POWER SUPPLY, PERIOD. you are probably not a fool, so stop presenting yourself as one.

Sure majority of the posters who have access to internet and have electricity could tell you that. But that does not affect the truth of the situation in Nigeria.
There is no real truth to your claim of an improvement to the grid given that the facts show that not to be the case.
There are so many reasons for what you perceive as improvement and truth(fact) has nothing to do with those perceptions given that there are also those who have in the same period recorded a roll back of supply in their area.
And this is not to say that your claim of more electricity hours to your house is invalid. No, if you get more hours rationed to your area, you get it(all factors at normal), just that you cannot claim an overall improvement which is what many of you are confusing this supposed increase with, cause the numbers say that is impossible at this time.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by ABAKA72(m): 1:23pm On Jul 31, 2012
bashr8: exactly i dont understand what is wrng with her ,each person is only saying whats happening in their area yet she want to force sorry and sadness down our throat embarassed it will also take more time for some states to get it right cus we all know there are lots of illegal connections
I hear say na marrage problems and cocain dey cause her mental instability, hence her funny behavior. Lol! Lol!! Lol!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha in swahili.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by ABAKA72(m): 1:31pm On Jul 31, 2012
chucky234: One week on,one week off and you dumbly call that improvement with the billions already spent?
mr man, if you don‘t understand the definition of improvement, consult your dictionary.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 1:31pm On Jul 31, 2012
ABAKA72: I hear say na marrage problems and cocain dey cause her mental instability, hence her funny behavior. Lol! Lol!! Lol!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha in swahili.

And yet again . . . a fear of confronting the truth drives another into the pit of imbe_cility.

ABAKA72: mr man, if you don‘t understand the definition of improvement, consult your dictionary.
Look at this mor0n trying to lecture another on the meaning of a word he is having a hard wrap time wrapping his own mind around.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by debosky(m): 1:33pm On Jul 31, 2012
Kobojunkie:

a) The AllAfrica report gives you an idea of what the daily average is, something many other reports don't really give. We know by now that generation capacity is not the same as amount generated and put into the grid daily.
On source, most of the articles never do that so I don't understand why you expect that to be a requirement at this point. Since PHCN does not provide me that information directly, I and millions, are forced to accept what is offered us in the media. In the AllAfrica report, someone is quoted, but If you have a better source for the data, please share it.

If there is no attribution to this average, it reduces the level of confidence that can be placed in that average. The allafrica report doesn't even quote anyone in giving those average (there are no direct quotations), neither is there any attribution to when this average applied. This does not mean it is definitely inaccurate, but it does raise a number of questions.

I agree that we have to go with whatever sources are publicly available - generation figures for May (slightly above 3,000MW) and the recent figure given in July (3800MW) obtained from PHCN do indicate power fed into the grid is currently higher than 2700MW.

b) The person who started this thread said nothing of measuring improvement from may or june or whenever. Since no frame of reference was suggested, I don't know why you feel this useless data will help me, Since I already decided on what to consider instead.

It does matter - you claimed over the past 'couple of months' generation has reduced to 2700MW, while the evidence from PHCN indicates the opposite - increase from 3,000MW in May to 3,800MW in July.

c) Since the average daily output to the grid is what matters, technically transmission and distribution improvements don't matter much here. I have not read of any and I have not chosen to focus on that either.

The average daily input is just one factor - the level of losses experienced during transmission and distribution can greatly influence the supply level experienced by end-users, which is why they matter. Even if generation has not increased, if there are marked improvements in transmission and distribution, this may account for the perceived improvement from the end users commenting here.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by ABAKA72(m): 1:34pm On Jul 31, 2012
chucky234: One week on,one week off and you dumbly call that improvement with the billions already spent?
Mr man, if you don‘t understand the meaning of improvement, consult your dictoinary.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by jmaine: 1:42pm On Jul 31, 2012
dougivilla: So wats d point u're trying 2 make? We are less concerned about d associated jargons. What i know is once i was blind, now i can see. Keep calculating d megawatts while we enjoy uniterrupted power supply.

You dey see wetin we dey see . . . .them wan hear bad news at all times or else nairaland becomes useless to them . .

Their coming to this forum is to feast on bad tales consistently . .and that to me is resoundingly absurd and strange to normal life loving species of man . . .
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by dougivilla(m): 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Sure majority of the posters who have access to internet and have electricity could tell you that. But that does not affect the truth of the situation in Nigeria.
There is no real truth to your claim of an improvement to the grid given that the facts show that not to be the case.
There are so many reasons for what you perceive as improvement and truth(fact) has nothing to do with those perceptions given that there are also those who have in the same period recorded a roll back of supply in their area.
And this is not to say that your claim of more electricity hours to your house is invalid. No, if you get more hours rationed to your area, you get it(all factors at normal), just that you cannot claim an overall improvement which is what many of you are confusing this supposed increase with, cause the numbers say that is impossible at this time.
I pity whoever chooses or hopes to go into any constructive debates with you. In case u've forgotten, the intension of d thread was to ascertain if there were witnesses 2 'improved' (or increased hours of) power supply. You were like some of d sane respondents required to either allude to or speak otherwise, not to come and display some native inteligence on NL. Are u not aware that some of these your sources' bandied about figures are either false, unreliable or unverifyable. How do you explain a 4-9% economy growth rate amids severe job losses and large scale poverty in d same land, amongst other declining economy KPIs (Key Performance Indices) or a decline of say 5% in inflation in d face of incresing prices in d general cost of goods and services (which defines inflation). Whatever your thoughts, bias or arguments are, as far as this thread is concerned, 'THE AYES' have it. Live with it! Theres a relative, comparative and remarkable positive improvement in power supply acros d land.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by dougivilla(m): 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by dougivilla(m): 1:51pm On Jul 31, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I pity whoever chooses or hopes to go into any constructive debates with you. In case u've forgotten, the intension of d thread was to ascertain if there were witnesses 2 'improved' (or increased hours of) power supply. You were like some of d sane respondents required to either allude to or speak otherwise, not to come and display some native inteligence on NL. Are u not aware that some of these your sources' bandied about figures are either false, unreliable or unverifyable. How do you explain a 4-9% economy growth rate amids severe job losses and large scale poverty in d same land, amongst other declining economy KPIs (Key Performance Indices) or a decline of say 5% in inflation in d face of incresing prices in d general cost of goods and services (which defines inflation). Whatever your thoughts, bias or arguments are, as far as this thread is concerned, 'THE AYES' have it. Live with it! Theres a relative, comparative and remarkable positive improvement in power supply acros d land.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 1:52pm On Jul 31, 2012
dougivilla: I pity whoever chooses or hopes to go into any constructive debates with you. In case u've forgotten, the intension of d thread was to ascertain if there were witnesses 2 'improved' (or increased hours of) power supply. You were like some of d sane respondents required to either allude to or speak otherwise, not to come and display some native inteligence on NL. Are u not aware that some of these your sources' bandied about figures are either false, unreliable or unverifyable. How do you explain a 4-9% economy growth rate amids severe job losses and large scale poverty in d same land, amongst other declining economy KPIs (Key Performance Indices) or a decline of say 5% in inflation in d face of incresing prices in d general cost of goods and services (which defines inflation). Whatever your thoughts, bias or arguments are, as far as this thread is concerned, 'THE AYES' have it. Live with it! Theres a relative, comparative and remarkable positive improvement in power supply acros d land.

Quit driveling , and shooting all over the place. If you have evidence to counter what has been said so far, post it , or shut it!

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by ABAKA72(m): 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2012
bashr8: what exactly is vexing you , that people are seeing improvement or what? we need to be on the same page ,throwing stones wont get you anywhere.
Dont mind them jor, power supply is improving and some bufoons are getting high BP, na only tragic news dem wan hear from Nigeria.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Ozichim(m): 2:29pm On Jul 31, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Quit driveling , and shooting all over the place. If you have evidence to counter what has been said so far, post it , or shut it!

It is time to ignore this Kobojunkie, She has peculiar problem. He is a paid agent and wickedness. This is the type of people Nigeria should do away with. But they will cry when others will laugh.
She/He has decided to disagree to anything good in Nigeria as far as this govt is concerned. Kobojunkie U have failed. Konojunkie is one those impostors that are hiding and crying, because they are losing grip on the country. U and your people will surfer in this country.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 2:32pm On Jul 31, 2012
Ozichim:

It is time to ignore this Kobojunkie, She has peculiar problem. He is a paid agent and wickedness. This is the type of people Nigeria should do away with. But they will cry when others will laugh.
She/He has decided to disagree to anything good in Nigeria as far as this govt is concerned. Kobojunkie U have failed. Konojunkie is one those impostors that are hiding and crying, because they are losing grip on the country. U and your people will surfer in this country.

So for telling you nothing but the truth of the situation which you have not been able to refute more than 10 pages later, I am a paid agent and wickedness?

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by onthefence: 2:50pm On Jul 31, 2012
Kobojunkie:

So for telling you nothing but the truth of the situation which you have not been able to refute more than 10 pages later, I am a paid agent and wickedness?

And what is the lie in the fact that I have near constant electricity in my area (Benin City). You'd rather I said it hasn't improved when it has? Since this thread started yesterday, light de kampe in my area. What is the problem with that for goodness sakes? Your statistics mean nothing here. Call you siblings wherever the are in Nigeria to tell what the situation is where the are. If it is bad in their area, it still doesn't put a lie to the fact that it has improved in mine. Nobody here is saying it is a country-wide improvement.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by justi4jesu(f): 3:09pm On Jul 31, 2012
its serious because i have also noticed it, i couldnt help it but ask people about it. we have been enjoying steady light for more than a week now. kudos
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 3:28pm On Jul 31, 2012
onthefence:

And what is the lie in the fact that I have near constant electricity in my area (Benin City). You'd rather I said it hasn't improved when it has? Since this thread started yesterday, light de kampe in my area. What is the problem with that for goodness sakes? Your statistics mean nothing here. Call you siblings wherever the are in Nigeria to tell what the situation is where the are. If it is bad in their area, it still doesn't put a lie to the fact that it has improved in mine. Nobody here is saying it is a country-wide improvement.
Again . . .
Kobojunkie:

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by porka: 3:38pm On Jul 31, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Please stop perpetrating the same old lies thinking you make sense by doing so.

It is great to celebrate that you now have ice in your fridge, and that is good but don't pretend that then means the situation has improved past your building or your small area. For you to enojoy the light you have now, some other Nigerians, living in that same Nigeria, are having to go without.

The strangled power IS YET TO BE RELEASED to the public. The only thing that has happened(notice not future tense) is that PHCN was broken up, earilier in the year, into 18 companies. In fact, the news is that a company in Canada will start working on take over of the transmission arm TODAY, not before today. So there is no way for you to feel the effect BEFORE THE FACT.

Like I said, we need to mature as a people, and a nation to the point where we start to consider the big picture and not think the Nation is all about us and our little world. Power in Nigeria has not improved even though power supply to your area, due to rationing seems to have been increased.

It is not yet upto what we need or want, but electricity supply in Nigeria is improving.

It may be due to many factors, e.g. rainy season, when hydro-dams are full, we await the dry season to verify that.

But is has improved. It is a FACT.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Amaechi, Obasanjo, Peterside At A Conference In Lagos. Photos / I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests / FG Restricts Foreign Trips To Two Per Quarter For Officials, Cancels Estacode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.