Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,182 members, 7,815,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Who Is Allah? - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Who Is Allah? (7252 Views)

Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse / Islamic Banking Is Allah’s Command / Who Is Allah? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Allah? by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 06, 2012
@vedaxcool, woooooow! Awesome, bro! You're so determined to cut down any arguments against Islam that you attack a logic-guided investigation with absurdities. Now, you're defining the word "like" to mean something that suits your idiosyncracy. And even with your definition, you refuse to see how the use of it in the investigation agrees.
What else does "direct comparison" mean that renders the statement "I am not nothing like God" illogical given the surrounding explanations?
You guys are sounding more dogmatic and resistant to reason than you represent yourselves as being.
Re: Who Is Allah? by vedaxcool(m): 10:28am On Aug 06, 2012
Now since, Mr. Annony has fled his thread . . . lets wrap things up . . .

Mr Annony was building a case that was flawed from its very conception, a case that only him has monopoly over the meanings of words and only him can interpret what words could be . . . this he started with the case of selfless love . . . a term coined by him in anticipation of nailing God into human form, but this argument had severe difficulty and ill logics Mr. Annony literally was given a full douse of logics and the implication of his argument here https://www.nairaland.com/1004936/allah/2#11668372, he deliberately refused answering my question because the entirety of Christianity would have suffered the consequence of his argument, the argument was simple, if selfless love can make God become human, the same selfless love can be advanced by the Hindus who apparently are one of world "oldest" religion in existence, . . ., they could like Mr. Anony asked can't selfless love move God to become shiva, etc.? Hence anybody can abuse the selfless love theory and mould God endlessly to what they want him to be? Who knows how many people could have been god with this sort of theory? Then, religion become nothing really important, selfless love is play people work with me! Then the entire thread become defeated, because we too can say selfless love in our on defence and move on . . . The theory is not unique . . . The same god that became man surprisingly became more human than humans, . . ., in the bible Jesus was asked about the day of judgement yet god that is suppose to remain god according to Annony's theory claimed he did not know when the day is . . . this same man would even mistake the season he was in . . . and then be subjected to all sort of humiliation by man, he would have to then accuse another being we do not know but claims are that he is God as having forsaken him . . . the question is how would god accuse his own self of forsaking him? My self My self why have I forsaken My self? sounds silly indeed! but people truly believe in this sort of things!

Then had the argument continue, selfless love would have made God die for somebody's sins, . . ., yet till date after Jesus allegedly died for our sins, babies are still born with the original sin, sins are being committed by the night . . . yet we are to believe that this sins was paid for eternally . . . making us wonder why anybody would have to go to hell since all sins have been paid for?

To finish off, the thread was a case of, god dying for humans to save humans from himself! such logics are absurd in every regards and belittles God in his mightiness indeed!
Re: Who Is Allah? by vedaxcool(m): 10:43am On Aug 06, 2012
Ihedinobi: @vedaxcool, woooooow! Awesome, bro! You're so determined to cut down any arguments against Islam that you attack a logic-guided investigation with absurdities. Now, you're defining the word "like" to mean something that suits your idiosyncracy. And even with your definition, you refuse to see how the use of it in the investigation agrees.
What else does "direct comparison" mean that renders the statement "I am not nothing like God" illogical given the surrounding explanations?
You guys are sounding more dogmatic and resistant to reason than you represent yourselves as being.

Wow, Mr. Annony . . .
Re: Who Is Allah? by MrAnony1(m): 11:25am On Aug 06, 2012
vedaxcool: Now since, Mr. Annony has fled his thread . . . lets wrap things up . . .

I have not fled the thread! I'm just taking a break off it.
Re: Who Is Allah? by MrAnony1(m): 11:28am On Aug 06, 2012
vedaxcool:

Wow, Mr. Annony . . .
Lol, I could have sworn I was Ihedinobi too! grin grin grin
Re: Who Is Allah? by vedaxcool(m): 3:47pm On Aug 06, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, I could have sworn I was Ihedinobi too! grin grin grin

The joke is on you . . .

Mr_Anony:
I have not fled the thread! I'm just taking a break off it.

Really?
Re: Who Is Allah? by MrAnony1(m): 3:52pm On Aug 06, 2012
vedaxcool:

The joke is on you . . .
You obviously didn't get the joke

Really?
Yeah
Re: Who Is Allah? by vedaxcool(m): 4:15pm On Aug 06, 2012
Mr_Anony: You obviously didn't get the joke

Yeah

And we thought u were on break (break from his inability to hold out any longer) , oh well, and they forsook him (the thread) and fled . . . happens all the time
Re: Who Is Allah? by MrAnony1(m): 4:28pm On Aug 06, 2012
vedaxcool:

And we thought u were on break (break from his inability to hold out any longer) , oh well, and they forsook him (the thread) and fled . . . happens all the time
lol
Re: Who Is Allah? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 06, 2012
vedaxcool:

lol
Re: Who Is Allah? by tiarabubu: 2:09pm On Aug 12, 2012
Mr. Annoy

Your arguments are very logical and I agree totally with your points. I couldn't have put them better myself.

I think one of the sticking points is that from a muslims perspective, God is too great to reduce himself to our level. While muslims define their relationship with God as that of Master and slaves, Christians see theirs as between children and a Father. A father will anything for his children. A master demands total loyalty without question.

So from that perspective, Muslims cannot agree that God can come down to our level. Even though he is All Powerful and omnipotent there are things he can't do, such as that; which is an irony.

Christians see their relationship with God as a personal one that is more of love than fear. That's why Christians refer to themselves as "Children of God" with a loving father as against "Slaves of God"

From these two different stands points, this arguments will hardly come to a conclusion. Because from Christian point of view Jesus' coming was a demonstration of love so great that made it possible, afterall God can do all things, so coming in human form even for a part of him is easy. To Muslims, it's unthinkable for God to belittle himself for his slaves.

Well it will be interesting to see how far it goes.
Re: Who Is Allah? by LagosShia: 2:17pm On Aug 12, 2012
tiarabubu: Mr. Annoy

Your arguments are very logical and I agree totally with your points. I couldn't have put them better myself.

I think one of the sticking points is that from a muslims perspective, God is too great to reduce himself to our level. While muslims define their relationship with God as that of Master and slaves, Christians see theirs as between children and a Father. A father will anything for his children. A master demands total loyalty without question.

So from that perspective, Muslims cannot agree that God can come down to our level. Even though he is All Powerful and omnipotent there are things he can't do, such as that; which is an irony.

Christians see their relationship with God as a personal one that is more of love than fear. That's why Christians refer to themselves as "Children of God" with a loving father as against "Slaves of God"

From these two different stands points, this arguments will hardly come to a conclusion. Because from Christian point of view Jesus' coming was a demonstration of love so great that made it possible, afterall God can do all things, so coming in human form even for a part of him is easy. To Muslims, it's unthinkable for God to belittle himself for his slaves.

Holy Quran 5:18
"But the Jews and the Christians say, "We are the children of Allah and His beloved." Say, "Then why does He punish you for your sins?" Rather, you are human beings from among those He has created. He forgives whom He wills, and He punishes whom He wills. And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them, and to Him is the [final] destination".
Re: Who Is Allah? by Sweetnecta: 3:14pm On Aug 12, 2012
@Tiarabubu:
by tiarabubu: 2:09pm
Mr. Annoy

I think one of the sticking points is that from a muslims perspective, God is too great to reduce himself to our level.
is it not plausible to accept the bold so that the Uniqueness of God is expressed whereas you proposed as christians that God can not forgive without a payment so severe that it is the life of an innocent man that was perished for this mean, unforgiven entity to be satisfied, yet many christians will end up in the lake of fire?

While muslims define their relationship with God as that of Master and slaves, Christians see theirs as between children and a Father. A father will anything for his children. A master demands total loyalty without question.
since we have freewill which is a freedom to accept or reject, it is obvious that a true children and father relation is that of blood tie, while that of slaves and master is more of submission and no murkiness of blood tie. since there is freewill, no slave is forced by master. the muslim slave submits willing to the Master Who is God The Creator. It hard to define your child father relation and the basis for it, especially when the child will be punished just like the disobedient slave.

Roman 6 verse 18: English Standard Version (©2001) and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Romans 6:22 But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.

Roman 1: 1 I, Paul, am a devoted slave of Jesus Christ on assignment, authorized as an apostle to proclaim God's words and acts. I write this letter to all the Christians in Rome, God's friends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogXWwKcHPNc

“The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus” (Acts 3:13).

Peter further said:

“God raised up his servant” (Acts 3:26), where the title servant refers to Jesus

God will not do everything because He can do all. He will not burden a soul more than the soul can bear. He will not be be Merciless to a person who seeks His Mercy. He will not humiliate a soul humble to Him. He will not be unjust where Mercy is deserved. He made it a bond on Himself to not without Mercy before the certainty of death. Just because you think it is fashionable and reasonable that God must let death overtake Him, it will not happen. God holds all unique position and He is unlike you, a creation.

Your thinking is similar to the atheist who asks if God can create a rock too heavy for God to move. It is senseless.

is there a verse in the bible which says people should fear God Who will punish?

Tiara, you need to face reality because your idealism is fallacy.

Luke 1:50 His mercy extends to those who fear him, from generation to generation.

Acts; 9:31Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee and Samaria enjoyed a time of peace. It was strengthened; and encouraged by the Holy Spirit, it grew in numbers, living in the fear of the Lord.

10:34-35 Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right.

2Corinthians 5:11 Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade men. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience.
Re: Who Is Allah? by vedaxcool(m): 3:31pm On Aug 12, 2012
tiarabubu: Mr. Annoy

I think I also get the God you have in mind, the sort of god that would walk down the street Unclad just to "humble" himself to people like you, The Kind that would Make a rock bigger than he can carry just to humble himself to the atheists . . . .the Kind that would stool just to "Humble" himself to humans . . . yes he cannot/does not love since love to you means dying unjustly and "humbling" oneself for crimes he did not commit and then still wanting to pretend that God is just . . . truly a clear mental picture is being formed in our mind . . . ( which i will expand later, at least, a hindu can implement you kind of argument against you) .

Now the real problem with ur love theory is that the hindus can claim God reaveled himself as an idol to love them and humble himself to them, then the numerous man gods (many people have claimed to be God) can invoke your love theory, and yes they instantly become god, reminding me ur god jesus couldn't even state when the day of judgment will be and guess what? He didn't know when the day of judgement was! So really what type of God do u have in mind remains to seen!
Re: Who Is Allah? by tiarabubu: 10:00pm On Aug 12, 2012
LagosShia:

"But the Jews and the Christians say, "We are the children of Allah and His beloved." Say, "Then why does He punish you for your sins?" Rather, you are human beings from among those He has created. He forgives whom He wills, and He punishes whom He wills. And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them, and to Him is the [final] destination".

Does a father not punish his children for their wrong doing? Does that mean the father hates his children? Or the Children stop calling him father? Or stop depending on him for sustenance? Or would God not punish us still if we were NOT referred to as his children?

So you see being God's Children does not guarantee freedom from punishment when we go wrong. We just can't be allowed to run amock because we are God's Children. And there are a great number of passages in the Bible that emphasises that. for example

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

1 Like

Re: Who Is Allah? by maclatunji: 10:06pm On Aug 12, 2012
tiarabubu:

Does a father not punish his children for their wrong doing? Does that mean the father hates his children? Or the Children stop calling him father? Or stop depending on him for sustenance? Or would God not punish us still if we were NOT referred to as his children?

So you see being God's Children does not guarantee freedom from punishment when we go wrong. We just can't be allowed to run amock because we are God's Children. And there are a great number of passages in the Bible that emphasises that. for example

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

Please check the word " Child " in the dictionary and tell us how humans are God's "Children ".

tiarabubu, do you really believe that God is a white man with supernatural powers?
Re: Who Is Allah? by tiarabubu: 10:38pm On Aug 12, 2012
Oga Sweetnecta, I seldom engage you because sometimes you belabour points that are there for you to see (ejor no vex, I am just stating the fact as I see it.) I didnt want to reply but let me quickly touch up on what you had to say

Sweetnecta: @Tiarabubu: is it not plausible to accept the bold so that the Uniqueness of God is expressed whereas you proposed as christians that God can not forgive without a payment so severe that it is the life of an innocent man that was perished for this mean, unforgiven entity to be satisfied, yet many christians will end up in the lake of fire?

I already said that Muslims cannot agree with the the Christian position as they see God as too great to reduce himself to our level. So no need to repeat this.

since we have freewill which is a freedom to accept or reject, it is obvious that a true children and father relation is that of blood tie, while that of slaves and master is more of submission and no murkiness of blood tie. since there is freewill, no slave is forced by master. the muslim slave submits willing to the Master Who is God The Creator. It hard to define your child father relation and the basis for it, especially when the child will be punished just like the disobedient slave.

Roman 6 verse 18: English Standard Version (©2001) and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Romans 6:22 But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.

Roman 1: 1 I, Paul, am a devoted slave of Jesus Christ on assignment, authorized as an apostle to proclaim God's words and acts. I write this letter to all the Christians in Rome, God's friends
“The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus” (Acts 3:13).
Peter further said:
“God raised up his servant” (Acts 3:26), where the title servant refers to Jesus

If I begin to de-construct these passages and why they were said that way, it will be long and I will be accused of derailing the thread. But realise that the most powerful messages of our unique relationship with God are many, clear and well understood as a loving father - Child(ren)relationship.

God will not do everything because He can do all. He will not burden a soul more than the soul can bear. He will not be be Merciless to a person who seeks His Mercy. He will not humiliate a soul humble to Him. He will not be unjust where Mercy is deserved. He made it a bond on Himself to not without Mercy before the certainty of death. Just because you think it is fashionable and reasonable that God must let death overtake Him, it will not happen. God holds all unique position and He is unlike you, a creation.
Your thinking is similar to the atheist who asks if God can create a rock too heavy for God to move. It is senseless.

How do you reconcile your bolded with this one from HQ 5:18. If Allah forgives and punish whom he wills, HOW can you say with certainty that He will not be be Merciless to a person who seeks His Mercy? Or He will not humiliate a soul humble to Him? Since his punishment is not consistent but according to how he wills. How can you be so SURE?

is there a verse in the bible which says people should fear God Who will punish?
Tiara, you need to face reality because your idealism is fallacy.
Luke 1:50 His mercy extends to those who fear him, from generation to generation.
Acts; 9:31Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee and Samaria enjoyed a time of peace. It was strengthened; and encouraged by the Holy Spirit, it grew in numbers, living in the fear of the Lord.
10:34-35 Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right.
2Corinthians 5:11 Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade men. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience.

If you were a bit more careful in reading my post, you would have read the following;

Christians see their relationship with God as a personal one that is [size=15pt]more[/size] of love than fear.

I didnt imply that we don't fear God, I meant its a relationship more of love than fear. God's love for his people is cardinal principle of our existence.

Remember I concluded that From these two different stands points, this arguments will hardly come to a conclusion. So before you go off into another round of misquoting Bible passages etc, going back and forth will serve no purpose cos I have come to the realisation that our approaches to GOD and religion are fundamentally poles apart.
Re: Who Is Allah? by maclatunji: 11:34pm On Aug 12, 2012
^You should note the last paragraph in your post and follow it whenever you want to derail threads with your "I must debunk these Muslims/Islam" mentality.
Re: Who Is Allah? by LagosShia: 12:04am On Aug 13, 2012
tiarabubu:

so when you disobey your father and sin against him,does he burn you in a furnace? grin
Re: Who Is Allah? by tiarabubu: 11:44am On Aug 13, 2012
maclatunji: ^You should note the last paragraph in your post and follow it whenever you want to derail threads with your "I must debunk these Muslims/Islam" mentality.

I will debunk false statements and assumptions about the Bible, Christ and Christians on any thread. In fact tell me why I shouldn't.

Do you ban people who debunk false statements about Muslims, Islam and Muhammed? undecided Please be rational.
Re: Who Is Allah? by tiarabubu: 11:56am On Aug 13, 2012
LagosShia:

so when you disobey your father and sin against him,does he burn you in a furnace? grin

Please read carefully next time. When one sins and doesn't repent, one has renounced his/her relationship with the father and so will endure the punishment of the hereafter. Repentance is what reconciles us with God. So also, deviant people will have their share in the furnace.

So you see being God's Children does not guarantee freedom from punishment when we go wrong.

That is a fundamental difference between God we serve and Allah. The conditions for punishment are there and plain. God doesn't "will" punishment to "whomsoever" he want. He doesn't wish for us to perish. Our actions attract the punishment. You are either his Child or aren't. But of course the way is His but the choice is yours.

Like I earlier said, a Muslims view of Allah is different in several ways from the Christian's view of God.
Re: Who Is Allah? by maclatunji: 12:05pm On Aug 13, 2012
tiarabubu:

I will debunk false statements and assumptions about the Bible, Christ and Christians on any thread. In fact tell me why I shouldn't.

Do you ban people who debunk false statements about Muslims, Islam and Muhammed? undecided Please be rational.

@bolded, What makes you think I am not?
Re: Who Is Allah? by tiarabubu: 2:37pm On Aug 13, 2012
maclatunji:

@bolded, What makes you think I am not?

If you can't see it then no comment. lipsrsealed
Re: Who Is Allah? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 13, 2012
mazaje: Mr Anony will never answer any question,always obfuscating everything and going round in circles offering very tenous arguments. . . nice to see the islamic apologist giving him a very good run for his money. . . .

The thread is hilarious. The almighty jew and the almighty arab using negro humans as proxies in their holy spiritual war.

Since I'm an "infidel" with no dog(or god) in the fight, I can be objective about who won this fight between Superman and Batman.

The winner is.............................

Vedaxcool/T_Baba's Allah vanquished My Anony/Ihedinobi's Yahweh by split decision.
The score was 119-118. 119-117 and 119- 112

Allah wins because despite being Omnipotent he still manages to be Just AND Merciful and because of these attributes, he is better than Yahweh; whose divine plan is to roast almost everyone for eternity.
Re: Who Is Allah? by tiarabubu: 8:26am On Aug 14, 2012
Martian:

The winner is.............................

Vedaxcool/T_Baba's Allah vanquished My Anony/Ihedinobi's Yahweh by split decision.
The score was 119-118. 119-117 and 119- 112

Allah wins because despite being Omnipotent he still manages to be Just AND Merciful and because of these attributes, he is better than Yahweh; whose divine plan is to roast almost everyone for eternity.

Lol. What is the meaning of JUST? how just is this?

"... Rather, you are human beings from among those He has created. He forgives whom He wills, and He punishes whom He wills .... ".

What's the standard? Anyway, it's your opinion sha. You are free to express it.

cool
Re: Who Is Allah? by tiarabubu: 9:04am On Aug 14, 2012
maclatunji:

Please check the word " Child " in the dictionary and tell us how humans are God's "Children ".

A child means

(i) (n.) A young person of either sex. esp. one between infancy and youth; hence, one who exhibits the characteristics of a very young person, as innocence, obedience, trustfulness, limited understanding, etc.

(i) (n.) One who, by character of practice, shows signs of relationship to, or of the influence of, another; one closely connected with a place, occupation, character , etc.; as, a child of God; a child of the devil; a child of disobedience; a child of toil; a child of the people.

http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/child/

If you didn't know, now you do.

tiarabubu, do you really believe that God is a white man with supernatural powers?

Did I say so, or you conjured this up based on what you think Christianity is? Let's discuss serious issues not cocky questions like this
Re: Who Is Allah? by vedaxcool(m): 10:36am On Aug 14, 2012
tiarabubu:

Lol. What is the meaning of JUST? how just is this?

"... Rather, you are human beings from among those He has created. He forgives whom He wills, and He punishes whom He wills .... ".

What's the standard? Anyway, it's your opinion sha. You are free to express it.

cool

Lol! and one sacrificing an innocent man for the crimes of others is just to you? what standards is used in that? as for the verse of the Qur'an, this is what the verse reads:

5: 18. Yusuf Ali
(Both) the Jews and the Christians say: "We are sons of Allah, and his beloved." Say: "Why then doth He punish you for your sins? Nay, ye are but men,- of the men he hath created: He forgiveth whom He pleaseth, and He punisheth whom He pleaseth: and to Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between: and unto Him is the final goal (of all)"

It is in the character of you people to cherry pick the Qur'an to suit your own reasoning of it, Allah forgives and punishes based on the standards set by himself, if you sin and ask for forgiveness, it is left to Allah to choose whether to punish you or forgive since Allah knows our level of sincerity when we ask for forgiveness, it is like a father and his child, sometimes you are forgiven for you transgression based on certain facts that you as a child cannot perceive . . . hence likewise Allah the all knowning and the just knows when to punish and when to forgive . . .
Re: Who Is Allah? by LagosShia: 10:52am On Aug 14, 2012
tiarabubu:

Please read carefully next time. When one sins and doesn't repent, one has renounced his/her relationship with the father and so will endure the punishment of the hereafter. Repentance is what reconciles us with God. So also, deviant people will have their share in the furnace.

So you see being God's Children does not guarantee freedom from punishment when we go wrong.

That is a fundamental difference between God we serve and Allah. The conditions for punishment are there and plain. God doesn't "will" punishment to "whomsoever" he want. He doesn't wish for us to perish. Our actions attract the punishment. You are either his Child or aren't. But of course the way is His but the choice is yours.

Like I earlier said, a Muslims view of Allah is different in several ways from the Christian's view of God.

this is no longer a difference of views.i presented a verse from the Quran which asks you that if you're truly the children of God why does God punish you with fire for your sins?

you are taking me back to your earlier post where you made the claim that you are "children of God" and we are slaves.

the point of the verse is,if we are slaves/servants,and you are "children",then why does your "father" punish you for your sins the way He punishes the slaves? then what is difference between me and you? you will still get the same treatment i will get if you do not behave yourself.

now,if i am to bring my own biological father into this,i can make a claim as this:

if my father catch a worker of his stealing,he would most likely sack,imprison and banish the worker from his face.but if he catch me doing the same crime,he would scold me and warn me.yet still i will remain his son and the ultimate punishment of sending me away or cutting sustenace could at most be temporary.if another man catch my own son stealing,he may get his hand cut.but if i catch my son stealing from me,since he is from me and mine is his,the punishment isn't the same.there is preferential treatment.i am only drawing an analogy here.

now tell me,what is difference between you "the son" and me "the slave",when you are to be punished by your "father" for your sins? that is the point of the verse.if you can answer the question,then the point of the verse is made perfectly clear and understood.
Re: Who Is Allah? by LagosShia: 10:52am On Aug 14, 2012
duplicate post.
Re: Who Is Allah? by MrAnony1(m): 11:00am On Aug 14, 2012
vedaxcool:

Lol! and one sacrificing an innocent man for the crimes of others is just to you? what standards is used in that? as for the verse of the Qur'an, this is what the verse reads:

5: 18. Yusuf Ali
(Both) the Jews and the Christians say: "We are sons of Allah, and his beloved." Say: "Why then doth He punish you for your sins? Nay, ye are but men,- of the men he hath created: He forgiveth whom He pleaseth, and He punisheth whom He pleaseth: and to Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between: and unto Him is the final goal (of all)"

It is in the character of you people to cherry pick the Qur'an to suit your own reasoning of it, Allah forgives and punishes based on the standards set by himself, if you sin and ask for forgiveness, it is left to Allah to choose whether to punish you or forgive since Allah knows our level of sincerity when we ask for forgiveness, it is like a father and his child, sometimes you are forgiven for you transgression based on certain facts that you as a child cannot perceive . . . hence likewise Allah the all knowning and the just knows when to punish and when to forgive . . .
Funny how you claim that no one is a "child of God" then turn around and describe our relationship with God in terms of Father and son
Re: Who Is Allah? by MrAnony1(m): 11:04am On Aug 14, 2012
LagosShia:

this is no longer a difference of views.i presented a verse from the Quran which asks you that if you're truly the children of God why does God punish you with fire for your sins?

you are taking me back to your earlier post where you made the claim that you are "children of God" and we are slaves.

the point of the verse is,if we are slaves/servants,and you are "children",then why does your "father" punish you for your sins the way He punishes the slaves? then what is difference between me and you? you will still get the same treatment i will get if you do not behave yourself.

now,if i am to bring my own biological father into this,i can make a claim as this:

if my father catch a worker of his stealing,he would most likely sack,imprison and banish the worker from his face.but if he catch me doing the same crime,he would scold me and warn me.yet still i will remain his son and the ultimate punishment of sending me away or cutting sustenace could at most be temporary.if another man catch my own son stealing,he may get his hand cut.but if i catch my son stealing from me,since he is from me and mine is his,the punishment isn't the same.there is preferential treatment.i am only drawing an analogy here.

now tell me,what is difference between you "the son" and me "the slave",when you are to be punished by your "father" for your sins? that is the point of the verse.if you can answer the question,then the point of the verse is made perfectly clear and understood.
The difference is that we can ask our father for forgiveness and be sure that He will forgive. A slave does not have such certainty.Besides no son of God will be in Hell. Hell is a place reserved for enemies of God. I hope you do realie that not all who claim they are sons of God are indeed sons of God. God knows His children.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why I Left Islam - By Alaya Mukti Akhtar / 2024 Ramadan Fasting Begins Monday – Sultan / How The Meat Of Udhiyah (sacrifice) Should Be Shared Out ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.